PDA

View Full Version : strategic FPS recommendations

Xylaz
25-03-05, 16:27
Well, as the title says, i'm kinda bored, waiting for WoW to arrive, not playing NC very often... so i borrowed some old games from my friend, never played them before so i thought i might give it a try.

I've never really played any FPS games (my background is rpg/strategy), besides avp and half-life (well, doom 1 and wolfenstein too, back in the past), so i didnt know much about those titles i brought with me.

I took the first one, called Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, installed and... it's a blast for me! I spend day and half of a night playing this little thingy. As far as i can see there is also a multiplayer option as well. Hyper realistic, with high amount of strategy involved into fight, super adrenaline pumping realistic 1 shot/burst combat :) yay, i want more!

Can someone gimme more titles/recommendations for games like Ghost Recon? I'd be very grateful.

Bugs Gunny
25-03-05, 16:37
America's army.

Free download and online FPS.

Skusty
25-03-05, 17:36
Rainbow six games is ok, DeltaForce to :angel: BlackHawkDown DF is kewl online :lol:

MkVenner
25-03-05, 18:20
Hyper realism, you've got all the rainbow 6's, the SWAT's and Delta Forces, all good games single and multiplayer. America's Army is probably my favourite ultra-real style game, its free, but online only (except the basic training). Semirealistic you've got the Desert Combat mod for Battlefield 1942, and Point of Existence for Battlefield Veitnam, both have modernday weapons and vehicles, modes of fire and stances, but you can take more than 2 hits in some areas. Soldner might be worth a butchers, but I couldnt stand it.

Skusty
26-03-05, 00:19
Semirealistic you've got the Desert Combat mod for Battlefield 1942, and Point of Existence for Battlefield Veitnam, both have modernday weapons and vehicles, modes of fire and stances, but you can take more than 2 hits in some areas. Soldner might be worth a butchers, but I couldnt stand it.
Desert Combat is WAY better balanced than PoE. In PoE tanks are useless, 3 or 4 missiles from apache and boom tank gone. Thats why i dont play it. so I recomend DesertCombat. CANT WAIT FOR BF2!!!!! YAY! :lol: But both PoE and DC is nice mods. PoE is nice in groundcombat maps. Nice modells i gotta say.

Jesterthegreat
26-03-05, 00:34
i may get BF2 soley for the mech mod...

and yeah, rainbow six games are best strategic shooters imo. i went through a phaze of liking them

MkVenner
26-03-05, 04:55
Desert Combat is WAY better balanced than PoE. In PoE tanks are useless, 3 or 4 missiles from apache and boom tank gone. Thats why i dont play it. so I recomend DesertCombat. CANT WAIT FOR BF2!!!!! YAY! :lol: But both PoE and DC is nice mods. PoE is nice in groundcombat maps. Nice modells i gotta say. although that is more realistic, a single hellfire missle can take out pretty much any tank (except for ablative armour) and that new electronic armour. Hell a $50 RPG can take out a $50,000,000 M1A1 with a single hit the the rear

but yes, DC > PoE, DC is pretty much the only game im good at :p This (http://www.deathlegion.com/forums/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=506) is on a CRAZY modded server, Berlin with 2 choppers (littlebird and gazelle) and 2 tanks (T72, M1A1) plus nitro and car bombs...oh and all snipers have 50cals and both supports have saiga's

EDIT MkVenner = Boomer :D