PDA

View Full Version : Memories

dark_reaper
25-03-05, 00:29
Post some of your favorite memories, like parties, battles, or just anything.

MkVenner
25-03-05, 01:01
neocron related i take it? hmm....AGES ago, back when i played saturn, back in Imposing Order, we were attacking Cycrow, medium sized group, 8 or so. Badger i think it was, decides hes going to scout out the op, off he run round the canyons, were just waiting for the rest of the guys to turn up, think templars were on the way, well all we hear on ventrillo is a yelp, and badger comes running round the corner flat out, just shouts run down vent, not quite knowing whats happening we look round tosee what hes running from....ALL of anti-city....ALL OF THEM, i swear, there must have been 50+ lol, we just shit it and broke the fuck out lol

Or there was this one time me, sel and bikerman (3 low tech PEs) held off tons of Blood Titans i think, at Tezla, lasted for almost 40 minutes, and just as we were about to give up the rest of IO and Templars turned up...ahhh good times...shame, out or 45 odd guys out of IO, only me, sel and a coupla other guys are still around i think....heard xF might come back tho...

Skusty
25-03-05, 01:07
First day of NC !!!!! omfg! i got fucking scared when iwas in sewers lvling with m8. Got really scared of the yellow spiders and plants! :p We did talk to each other in msn and all lol. first day of nc1 absoulutley best memory :D

l8m0n
25-03-05, 13:56
Cartel Owning the whole Map and locking all the GRs, good times :lol:

Morganth
25-03-05, 14:10
Being asked to join Black Rose.

Simple as.

Bugs Gunny
25-03-05, 14:15
My first ever rhino, and actualy making loads fo cash hunting techs and selling them.

My first ever op war as a 27/29 rifle spy. With the rest of templars laughing at my noob rank. I had no clue then what was to happen, kept shouting "guard the GR guys, not that underground entrance" lol.

Having my first own rare rifle built by Castoff and her constructing me a 4 slot artifact silent hunter at tyron factory.

Doing vehicle raids with 2 revelers and a rhino at gabanium and staying alive while being chased by 20+ people, hit and runs, dropping people left and right. That was with $4death in CM.

All the things that made me laugh actualy. I'm collecting a whole bunch of new memories in BLOOD right now, as it's great to hang out and fight with that crazy bunch.

Animated
25-03-05, 15:28
Hehe, yeah I think I remember that one Mkvenner. I think I was stood on the hill by the GR with a couple of others and then I look over CRP way and there's loads of anti city incoming. We were like "Shit! Time to go!". Was funny as hell. :lol:

Spoek Hagbard
25-03-05, 15:30
PIMP and SXR wars over simmons @ pluto :/

E. Cryton
25-03-05, 15:39
1.)
pe and spy from ncat vs. 2 clans, 20 ppl.

2.)
ncat vs fa at malstrond, biggest and the best fight i've tooked part of.

*sniff*
i miss nc1.
and i miss my old clan...

BradSTL
25-03-05, 16:57
Worm farming.

First, a bit of background, for those of you who weren't there. There used to be a desert mob called a Hazard Worm. It was a level 90 mob, looked like a giant caterpillar, attacked with poison damage stacks at range, summoned similar (but slightly smaller) level 66 Small Sandcrawlers. There are still vaguely similar mobs in the desert, but non-summoners and they seem pretty rare.

Someone discovered that if you could lure one to a house, and damage it lightly but not kill it, then as long as there was anybody nearby it would continuously spawn 3 small sandcrawlers. You could duck into the house to heal up and clone more ammo, and level up off the sandcrawlers at insane rate. (This was later ruled to be an exploit because the rate of XP gain was too insane; it turned out that the mobs had bugged armor stats that meant that they went down too fast. Not that we knew this at the time.)

Now, the reason I miss this is not that it was such a great way to cap your character. The reason that I miss this, and had so much fun with it at the time, was that it was something this game very badly needs again: something that (a) took time to build, even if you're a capped character, and was (b) worth fighting for.

You see, here's the deal: sandcrawlers are terribly slow moving, and not a terribly common spawn. So to build a worthwhile worm farm you had to kill enough fire mobs to get a hazard worm to spawn, then take a half hour to an hour to lure it back to the house. And even then, what you had was only enough summoned spawns for about 3 characters to level. If the 4th person showed up, then everybody got nerfed until someone went out and spent another couple of hours luring in another hazard worm. Then the problem repeated when the 7th person showed up. Many arguments broke out over this, including much PvP, because people were defending things that they were gaining real, perceptible, immediate benefits for. And, of course, this spawned not a few wars between clans, because if somebody got ticked off enough, they could make the whole point moot by just killing the hazard worms, destroying hours of work.

But wait, there's more. Somebody has the perfect worm farm set up: three hazard worms, enough XP to support a full hunting team. You show up with your clan and kill them all, and take over the worm farm. You just got the benefit of about six hours of their work. Or, you show up with a bunch of your clannies, and find out that you're outnumbered and/or outgunned. So instead of trying to take the worm farm, you use one or more droners to kill the hazard worms, destroying six hours of an enemy clan's work. You don't want to know how much politics and how many wars started over this kind of thing!

Random PvP just aggravates me. Fighting for something that's worth fighting for, something that took a long time to build and gives immediate and perceptible benefit, now that's something I miss!

MkVenner
25-03-05, 17:24
Random PvP just aggravates me. Fighting for something that's worth fighting for, something that took a long time to build and gives immediate and perceptible benefit, now that's something I miss!
amen :p

Tidus_Origin
25-03-05, 19:24
Badger i think it was, decides hes going to scout out the op, off he run round the canyons, were just waiting for the rest of the guys to turn up, think templars were on the way, well all we hear on ventrillo is a yelp, and badger comes running round the corner flat out, just shouts run down vent, not quite knowing whats happening we look round tosee what hes running from....ALL of anti-city....ALL OF THEM, i swear, there must have been 50+ lol, we just shit it and broke the fuck out lol

:lol: That must've been hilarious. :)

Memories of NC1?

1. Being able to walk the streets of NC without the worry of being killed by someone from your own (or an allied) faction because 'they felt like it'.

2. PvP in PP1. Which was fun. :)

3. NC1 OP fights. There was no zerging that I could remember. :mad:

4. Working Outfitters. I want my spy's blue hair back!

5. Being a noob running to the MB and picking up a rarepart. Back then, I didn't know what rareparts looked like and I threw it away. Think it was a frame of malediction... :lol:

6. Getting my first rare rifle. A 4-slot First Love (thx, gada) :)

Seven
25-03-05, 19:34
Starkes running around killing everyone with his Libby.

dark_reaper
25-03-05, 19:36
Of course the Hazard Worms. I remember when a /10 noob can kill them sence thier armor was messed up. Then I capped that spy off in 2 days from the worms, at the oasis. those were the days.

I also remember beta when there was no caps at the time. That was loads of fun.