PDA

View Full Version : BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH...-Need Translator please...

nobby
22-03-05, 21:28
Hi, I've found that my computer keeps getting the BSOD while im not doing much...playing neocron...shit like that.

These are the 2 messages I normally get:
BAD_POOL_CALLER, I normally get this if I keep songs on repeat for ages on winamp..

and this message...
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
anyone know what this is about...?

I used to get a BSOD if I would end the client.exe process of my task manager...
meh! :p :( :p
(bah!)

Lexxuk
22-03-05, 22:04
whats the STOP code? As stated a few times before nobby, its almost impossible to tell you whats wrong with these kinds of codes, it can be a million and one things, from bad memory, over heating cpu/motherboard, to a waxing moon on a tuesday. Try google instead.

nobby
22-03-05, 22:07
tried...
Came up with credit cards...

Jesterthegreat
22-03-05, 22:34
I used to get a BSOD if I would end the client.exe process of my task manager...
meh! :p :( :p
(bah!)

if you got into taskmanager while having a BSOD then you are a fucking genious

dark_reaper
22-03-05, 22:48
Google it, try googling the numbers, that usually comes up. Then again I have not had a BSOD in a looong time.

Omnituens
23-03-05, 11:57
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is usually driver conflict. remove all non essenical hardware (including network card if poss) and then add them one at a time

might take some time, starting restating, but this helped me last time i encountered this problem

Bugs Gunny
23-03-05, 12:02
I'l bet he installed a new video or audio card.

Seezur001
23-03-05, 12:03
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is usually driver conflict. remove all non essenical hardware (including network card if poss) and then add them one at a time

might take some time, starting restating, but this helped me last time i encountered this problem
Last time I had that one, my RAM was going out.

Jesterthegreat
23-03-05, 14:39
removin my keyboard software seemd to stop my BSOD'd

but then i did remove ad reseat every componant in my PC too, so maybe something was dodgy there

nobby
23-03-05, 14:47
Last time I had that one, my RAM was going out.

Hmm...Good point, Could this be the neocron mem leak doing this?

To be honest, the last time that happened, was when I was talking to my mate on skype and playing neocron at the same time.

I've got a GIG of RAM...So neocron is blame...Bloody Germans!

Jesterthegreat
23-03-05, 14:49
Hmm...Good point, Could this be the neocron mem leak doing this?

To be honest, the last time that happened, was when I was talking to my mate on skype and playing neocron at the same time.

I've got a GIG of RAM...So neocron is blame...Bloody Germans!

mem leak eats virtual mem, it doesnt burn out for RAM

nobby
23-03-05, 14:51
Bah... ok then...
Could be my Graphics card...
I'll lookie again on google.

Jesterthegreat
23-03-05, 14:52
if you know your way around the insides of your PC try just taking everything out, blowing off any dust and putting it back.

always try little things before you do anything else :D

oh and sniff around the case for a burnt smell :p

dark_reaper
24-03-05, 04:02
oh and sniff around the case for a burnt smell :p

LMAO, my pops lost a Processor and a MB due to dog hair in the CPU Fan. It smelt like the house was on fire. If you have a dog, it is usually good if you put filters on your intake fans.

Tostino
24-03-05, 05:08
Try taking out all your ram and puting it in one stick at a time. The one that makes it BSOD is the bad one :eek: :lol:.

Lothar IB
24-03-05, 06:29
Try taking out all your ram and puting it in one stick at a time. The one that makes it BSOD is the bad one :eek: :lol:.

or a bad mem slot

nobby
24-03-05, 14:56
Ok i've noticed that it only happens when playing neocron...

dark_reaper
25-03-05, 00:31
Possible mem leak, do you run any other programs, or have any other programs running in the task bar?

nobby
25-03-05, 14:06
just skype!

dark_reaper
25-03-05, 20:07
I had that problem before, and what I did was turned off some of the stuff running in the background. Only thing I left running was AVG.

But if it happenes again, try to get the numbers and google it. It works for me when I have a BSOD.