PDA

View Full Version : The hacknet

Original monk
22-03-05, 13:38
I lommed down my barterchar to hacker (took me 2 evenings, my prayers for no rollbacks got fullfilled :D ).

This to take my first steps into the hacknet (been there before but yust a bit of running and looking around with 20 hack in own database).

Remember i only returned for a few months now so didnt really had the opportunity to check all the new stuff out =) .

I made some attacksoftware and some heal/shields software and tadaa !

Needless to say i died multiple times offcourse :p daamn those <<<< 40/40 mobs :P there a challenge tough hehe ..

I think hacknet is great lol, its so much fun, no-one told me you turned into a hybrid when entering hacknet :P fun fun fun fun !

I allready managed to get from my HQ to foster ! a whole achievement for my /40 hackerspy hehe :)

I still dont know if its hard to go steal a bp out of an enemy faction HQ (my goal is to hack myself a gatlingturret3 BP :P ) but then again i only been in the hacknet for about half an hour yesterday lol.

The char i lommed was a pure tradeskiller .. repair/barter and recycle etc ... she couldnt use a single gun so she also didnt level, i hope i can level her up a bit in the hacknet witouth ever picking up a gun :) didnt tried serieus leveling yet tough (half an hour in the hacknet isnt exactly alot :P certainly not with a /40 char)

Reason i wanted to make this post is to say that im very impressed with it and that i cant wait till the last few little bugs dissapeared out of the hacknet :) i also read sumthing about a hacknetbossmob, nice screen of it btw, and even hacknetrares :eek: .

If anyone can give me some extra handy tips, sure do so ! Like what software i should aim for and wich are the most intresting places to level, cause euh, those 40/40 mobs pwn me badly lol :P

Seems fun in there tough, think i gonna hang in the hacknet abit this evening :)

Ciao, from a hacknetnoob :)

Bugs Gunny
22-03-05, 14:15
V0.3 software is what you want.
Make sure you bring boosters, and spec 50 and 50 in xray and energy.
Software caps like apu spells and there's only 3 types of mods, so a 3 slot software should do.

And hacknet gets boring fast. So i made my hacknet hacker a hacknet / droner.

Jesterthegreat
22-03-05, 14:19
sick sick xp there...

shouldnt take long to level.

and yeah... gets borin quick. i deleted my 87 base dex HN spy to roll a new spy cos i couldnt face the lomming

Original monk
22-03-05, 16:45
cool cool, i like sick xp :)

i also noticed you could get only 3 mods on it, i allready build all software in 3 slots but i yust dont know wich one to use lol, and with all the multithings that dont do anything multi :/ i heard thats gonna be fixed tough

ffcourse first thing i forgot where those hackboosters but euh, i only use tl 40/45 spells atm so thats ok :P they dont use up alot of manna :) hackmanna :)

so i should get to the highest spells as soon as possible :) seems logical yeah :) its clear im not used to the term software yet, for me those hackers are yust little virtual hybrids running around in a little virtual world (in an also virtual world (NC) wich we play in the real world at our computers :P

btw i had no idea you needed xray and energyresist, guess i can get lomming again tonight lol :P those really effective ? them resists ?

i gonna try it all out for sure :)

have fun peeps, thanx for the infoz, if ya know anything more, do tell ffcourse :)

Ciao !

Bugs Gunny
22-03-05, 17:03
If you wanna try those resists, take a red and green dragon first, note dammage from another player. Then go back in with blue and white dragon drug and note dammage.

Original monk
22-03-05, 19:37
yeah i wonna test em :) but i yust gonna lom all unnecesary resists i have in xray and energy :) (now yust hope you aint fooling me like when a newbie asks where to put he's fresh psipoints everyone says psiresist :P)

fun fun fun, its all so new to me :)

Original monk
23-03-05, 11:13
the xray- and energyresist seems to have an effect yeah, dont have alot of it yet but its getting better allready :)

i allready protected the procity hacknet VS evil intruders :D , i met my first person in hacknet (an allied) but he died due to some mobpings shooting em .. i could barely survive and about a minute later i bump in an enemy, witouth even thinking the poor guy was on 2 hp allready lol, zoneing in and out to rescue he's unlucky ass :) he died a sec later tough ..

after trying some caves who where again heavily overpowerd (1 shot of some critters bring me to about 20 hp lol) and some traveling true the hacknet i end up under an OP wich happend to be under attack lol ... i see an enemy of a nibFA clan and start chasing and hitting em .. he got a few hits and zoned away but when i followed em to the next zone he allready got killed by a fragstealer :/ it happend to be the hacker of the clan holding /protecting the OP :)

witouth even knowing i helped protecting an OP a littlebit lol, fun fun and that evil FAhacker aint comming back :)

my goal was to get into the CM database and get me a gatlingturret BP, i did arrived there but didnt had any codebreakers ... even went abit into the doyzone O.O all looked so orange :)

now, what do i need to get these codebreakers ???? -> do they drop in infected storages ? i guess not cause i cant loot them animals :/ or bad softwarepackets lol

a person told me i should get em of the mobs protecting the database, preferable an enemy one cause of youre own you logically loose sl and fs ...

are these mobs dangerous ? i never raided an enemy database you see :P

do they drop everything i need to get these codebreakers ? can i yust buy codebreakers ? dunno ...

still alot i gotta learn :)

Bugs Gunny
23-03-05, 11:19
To get the codebreakers you go into a faction's DNS and kill and loot the 60/60 mobs.
Good luck if you're going to go to an enemy one. You'll need to get past the 6 30/30 turrets once you go into the faction's area. I'd say heal up shoot the first turrets asap and then move on slowly.

Original monk
23-03-05, 13:43
hehe ok cool thanx ! looks like i allready know what to do tonight ! get me some codebreakers :)

how much recycle you need to recycle em ? dunno

and i also noticed these on sherif hardy ..

tl:35 Spine Mark-6 Codebreaker
tl:50 Spine Mark-7 Codebreaker

whats the diffrence between em ? is the number 7 (tl50) allready ingame ? it looked kinda red you see ...

i also heard about tl 90 and tl 100 datacubes ... i used the tl 90 allready to get me some BP's from my own factiondatabase i think .. but what does the tl 100 do ? and is it ingame ?

also is there currently any bigger mobs then the 80/80's i meet sumtimes ? are there any bossmobs yet ? like 100/100 ? i dont mean the phoenix one where i saw a screenshot of but are there any higher ones then 80/80 ?

btw the 80/80's keel me kinda fast :P

and last but not least :P anyone know a good resource site that tells you wich databases sells wich items ?

normally i use the sxr website but i noticed not everything about hacknet and databases is present currently :)

thanx again for all the help :)

Bugs Gunny
23-03-05, 13:46
There's only one codebreaker you can recycle right now the tl 50 one.

The tl100 datacubes do nothing yet, and the 100/100 mons live in the TH DNS.

Original monk
23-03-05, 15:29
not that i gonna survive long, if i even make it up there, but i sure wonna drop by the TH dns once hehe :)

thanx a mill for all the great info ! i feel ready to become a hacker :)

(btw if someone still has a resource site involving wich items you can get in wich databases, sure post em :) )

Mr Kot
23-03-05, 15:45
my goal was to get into the CM database and get me a gatlingturret BP, i did arrived there but didnt had any codebreakers ...

Sorry to burst your bubble here, but the CM database doesn't contain the MK3 gatlin turrets. I wanted those too and it seems they're not in game. I did take codebreakers to the CM database and all they have are anti vehicle and anti air rocket launchers. :(

The 100/100 mobs are also found on the way to TechHaven bridge, in NC travel 9, i think. Also the DoY travel 6, but it's been a while so may have got that wrong. In the techhaven bridge, you will also find 120/120 Ping of Death (wonder why they didn't just call it "Saturn" :p )

As for the enemy DNS, its exactly like your home DNS, but the opposite colour and the mobs don't like you :p The 60/60 mobs arent that bad, they're just like the 60/60 mobs in the travel sectors. Their biggest attack strength is the sheer number hitting you at once. If u can position so that you only take on two or three at once, and heal constantly, you should be all right. When they die, they do fall off the ledges onto the floor, so if youre hunting for loot, take a teammate with you to jump off onto the floor and loot the mobs that you kill from above. Otherwise, you could jump off yourself and fight all the mobs on the floor, but you will have no cover or zoneline to save your ass if a load aggro on you at once.

If you plan on penetrating an enemy faction's security further to get the faction BPs, beware. The faction firewall high security areas contain 30/30 mobs that are currently bugged and kill you very quickly.... and there are loads of them, at least 20. Even if you survive that and get to the faction security center, the exit door at the top is guarded by the faction's mainframe kernel which is 127/127*** Good luck!

Original monk
23-03-05, 17:08
http://users.pandora.be/original/bubble.jpg

NOOO not my bubble :/

i knew sumthing was wrong :/ i asked everyone on the helpchannel and they all told me it was CM :/ and the stunturrets where DRE .. now i have a drechar so he went to get them emselve ... for the gatlingturrets i lommed to hacking lol (atleast i discovered the hacknet now hehe)

o_O

shit this is the first time someone tells me they aint in lol

you know any specific reason there aint ingame ? are they comming back ? i sure hope so its the best turret ingame .. well out of game now lol

a list of wich items are certainly available in wich HQ's would be cool lol ... i heard a site but i lost the link you see :)

well darn lol

in any case thanx alot for the great info and handy tips ! i think i better wait to raid enemy HQ's in hacknet till a more balancing patch is in hehe, these lowlevelpingmonsters yust melt me to dead in a second :)

edit: anyone know an alternative to gatling 3's ? plasma 3 aint that powerfull right ? laser either but they push you away ? and the artillery 3 is nice but as soon as the person is under a roof then they dont hit decently :/

whats the most powerfull alternative ?