PDA

View Full Version : PC Gamer (UK) April 2005 - Page 21

Animated
20-03-05, 14:20
What do we have here?

A full page Neocron 2 advertisement it seems. Well done KK for getting some advertisement out there.

Unfortunately I don't have the means to scan it, but I'm sure someone else will whose bought a copy.

Here's how it goes:

SEX,GUNS & ROCK'N'ROLL!

Grab your gear and choose your destiny
as a citizen of one of earth's last cities!
A world full of sex guns & rock & roll

Every path is available to you in a world revolving around wealth, power and survival of the fittest.
Get a job... find an apartment... buy a reliabale weapon... your future starts here.
Use your armament & psi powers to fight thousands of other players for fame & resources.
Hack into cyberspace to fight viruses, manipulate software & hack secure systems for financial gain.

There's a nice picture of the Neocron 2 box, with 3 CDs, and three small ingame screenshots of what appear to be: Plaza 1 in NC2, the Twister club in NC2, and PP2 or PP3 in NC1.

Plus all the usual accompanients, Reakktor.com Tekktonic, 10Tacle and Atari.

Oh, and a 16+ PEGI rating. 'Release date' is 25th March 05.

Hope this was helpful, apologies for any spelling errors and my crappy posting style.

Dribble Joy
20-03-05, 14:44
Pie level sexehness.

l8m0n
20-03-05, 14:48
Use your armament & psi powers to fight thousands of other players for fame & resources.
Thousands of players? lol havent seen over a thousand people on it since prime NC1 O_o

Nidhogg
20-03-05, 15:00
Thousands of players? lol havent seen over a thousand people on it since prime NC1 O_o
And all of WoW's players play on one server do they? Some people will always find an excuse to whine. :rolleyes:

N

enigma_b17
20-03-05, 15:04
erm, even over all the servers u wouldnt get 1 thousand, never mind multiple (not a whine just stating :P)

Nidhogg
20-03-05, 15:08
Why do all the constructive threads get dragged down? Peak times see 1000+ players on the servers.

Advertising like this (remember the subject of the thread?) is designed to increase that figure so why see this as an excuse to attack the advertising?

N

l8m0n
20-03-05, 15:10
Why do all the constructive threads get dragged down? Peak times see 1000+ players on the servers.
N
Because its a lie, how are you goign to get players to join if they found out that at peak times maybe 300 people are on terra if your lucky.
This is why you made it into % rather than numbers so we couldnt tell how many people were online ;)

enigma_b17
20-03-05, 15:12
im not attacking anything nid :), it is nice to c some advertising though ;)

enigma_b17
20-03-05, 15:13
Because its a lie, how are you goign to get players to join if they found out that at peak times maybe 300 people are on terra if your lucky.
This is why you made it into % rather than numbers so we couldnt tell how many people were online ;)

well they told us that the max players a server can handle is 1000, so its a matter of simple maths, 2+2 = a-b

[edit] i never claimed to be good at maths

Nidhogg
20-03-05, 15:17
If this is all you've got to say about us taking out a full-page advert in the UK's biggest PC games mags then you're just a troll and deserve the pops we have now.

N

aKe`cj
20-03-05, 15:26
If this is all you've got to say about us taking out a full-page advert in the UK's biggest PC games mags then you're just a troll and deserve the pops we have now.

N

trolls need to be fed in order to keep going.. and you're doing a good job on that N. ;)

Concerning the ad: http://neocron.jafc.de/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://neocron.jafc.de/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://neocron.jafc.de/images/icons/icon14.gif

..lets hope its just the first step of the marketing campaign, as no-one deserves the current pop's, not the community, nor KK :)
..and now someone please scan that page (NOW!) :D

enigma_b17
20-03-05, 15:28
i ave to go out to the shops to get milk (no thats not a pun). If i find it ill grab a copy and scan it in, dont even know if they sell it in ireland though.

Jesterthegreat
20-03-05, 15:44
/me sexes KK

/me sexes Atari

/me sexes 10T

enigma_b17
20-03-05, 15:45
/me sexes KK

/me sexes Atari

/me sexes 10T

kk yes
atari yes
but 10T? o_O dont know if id go that far :P

l8m0n
20-03-05, 15:55
Nid i never said the add was shit, ive seen it myself, it looks great all im saying is if you have to lie to people how do we know that anything you have said to us as the player base isnt also a lie?
There are much better ways of bending the truth to make it sound good than going for an outright lie.
And there is also no need to start flaming me when the whole point of these forums is to tell you as the game makers what we think, and I think liein is bad, but other than that it looks really nice.

Mr Kot
20-03-05, 16:33
Nid i never said the add was shit, ive seen it myself, it looks great all im saying is if you have to lie to people how do we know that anything you have said to us as the player base isnt also a lie?
There are much better ways of bending the truth to make it sound good than going for an outright lie.
And there is also no need to start flaming me when the whole point of these forums is to tell you as the game makers what we think, and I think liein is bad, but other than that it looks really nice.

I may be getting short sighted in my old age, but i don't see a "lie" in the ad. The object of the game is to play with (or against) multiple (even thousands) of players. It doesn't state that there are thousands right now, just the game's capabilities. For all you know, there are over a thousand players, just not necessarily all online at the same time. People reading the ad won't be misled here, because if everyone reading the ad tried the game, there would be thousands on. I can't see them crying to the ASA claiming false ads, can you?

l8m0n
20-03-05, 16:40
I can't see them crying to the ASA claiming false ads, can you?
True, but my m8 was the one who showed it to me and he thought that it did mean that there were that many people on, he came round today i logged on and well seen about 10 people :rolleyes:
Other than that he said the game was great but hes not going to buy it cos theres just not enough people on, cos he likes fighting ;)

Mr Kot
20-03-05, 16:43
he said the game was great but hes not going to buy it cos theres just not enough people on, cos he likes fighting ;)

If he likes a fight and wants to see thousands of players, tell him to hack a layer of an FF OP ;)

l8m0n
20-03-05, 16:45
lol or PS ;)

enigma_b17
20-03-05, 17:25
If he likes a fight and wants to see thousands of players, tell him to hack a layer of an FF OP ;)

lol.....so true

Clobber
20-03-05, 18:09
Should be interesting see how many people from the potential thousands we have waiting to play get past c2p :D

Clive tombstone
20-03-05, 19:34
[QUOTE=Animated]SEX,GUNS & ROCK'N'ROLL!

Grab your gear and choose your destiny
as a citizen of one of earth's last cities!
A world full of sex guns & rock & roll
QUOTE]

well, I know theres sex and guns, but where is the rock and roll? :D

dark_reaper
20-03-05, 19:45
I still have not see any NC2 ads in the western hemesphere yet.

Kierz
20-03-05, 20:00
Since when have larger communities been better, personally I prefer smaller communities, not saying that neocron is small by any means, in fairness it's almost perfect.

There would be a lot more pvp and fighting if KK sorted out linking neofrag (nc) and wargamez (doy) together and actually fixing some of the terms (only 3/4 work on terra right?). That and removing the bloody faction guards in PP. I know we have the wastes to meet and fight but we could really do with PP back as the wastes are too big to randomly bump into people when you actually want to.

On topic, impressive Nid - really going for it taking a full page out, I wish you guys all the best with the launch, we just need something special with the next patch couple of patches (before and after release) then when they have their accounts and neocrack addictions we'll all start telling them how to remove le's and let the nib ganking begin muahahahaha

jernau
20-03-05, 20:25
Nice one on the ad, hopefully it's just the start of bigger things.

@the critics - unless you've played on the Asian server(s) you have no idea what the total player base is so stfu.

enigma_b17
20-03-05, 20:37
yes but the international release wont be for the asian servers will it?

Morganth
20-03-05, 20:52
Good to see KK are actually using a decent publisher.

And all of WoW's players play on one server do they? Some people will always find an excuse to whine. :rolleyes:

N

No, because Blizzard produced a game of such a high standard that it requires its own datacentre to run just the Europe branch. I reckon that NC2 takes up only a row perhaps in one datacentre in Germany? Thats like what WoW uses just to power the instances :rolleyes:

Nidhogg
20-03-05, 21:07
No, because Blizzard produced a game of such a high standard that it requires its own datacentre to run just the Europe branch. I reckon that NC2 takes up only a row perhaps in one datacentre in Germany? Thats like what WoW uses just to power the instances :rolleyes:
Yeah, and Wow has such a good reputation in that area. Not that that was the point of course, the point was that people state their pops across all their servers.

Any more trolls out there want to chime in with a totally irrelevant dig?

N

l8m0n
20-03-05, 21:08
Any more trolls out there want to chime in with a totally irrelevant dig?

N
Nahh im out of Irrelevent digs for now ;)

Seezur001
20-03-05, 21:27
[ edited ]

Nymphette79
20-03-05, 21:38
I can see this turning into a 10 page topic lol
IMO i think the advertising is great.
Why do people whine about something that will better the game, some people will just never be satisfied i guess :rolleyes:

Archa Ic
20-03-05, 21:52
Wohhooo! You lucky people on the english servers! :p Hope we get that kind of advert in French magz! We want more than 8% population on Pandore at peak times! :D

But Great Job people! Great job! *claps*

Nidhogg
20-03-05, 21:59
My patience has run out. No more trolling, please.

N

aKe`cj
20-03-05, 22:58
We want more than 8% population on Pandore at peak times! :D

8% Pop (-) 25% AFK = 6% Pop
6% Pop (-) 33% lonesome in their app = 4% pop
4% Pop (-) 50% just fataled = 2% pop
2% pop (-) 50% doy/nc = 1% pop
1% pop (*) optimistic interpretation = 100 Players
100 Players (+) marketing slogan(s) = 1000(0) Players

..see its just a misunderstanding here http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/tongue.gif

...wanna see that ad now tho' : )

Tidus_Origin
20-03-05, 23:06
well, I know theres sex and guns, but where is the rock and roll? :D

umm...the song played in the MB interior maybe?

Anyway, hope the advertising/international release goes well, and we get some more ppl to fill up the cities. We're starting to get lonely :)

Jesterthegreat
21-03-05, 01:39
1% pop (*) optimistic interpretation = 100 Players

1% is (as far as we believe... i forget if KK stated it as fact in one of the now removed beta forums) 10 people... making 100% 1000 people

naimex
21-03-05, 02:29
Good job with the ad :D

My patience has run out. No more trolling, please.

N

My, my.. think thatīs the first time Iīve heard you say that :(

doesnt suit you.

Please smile again..

I demand that you smile again.. or ill.. ill, or ill smear honey all over your hammer.

LiL T
21-03-05, 02:57
Great news

People plz don't be all negative once it is released or you will fuck it up honestly if I read some of the crap people post on these forums as a new player I would not feel to happy about staying.....

I won't be staying if the pops don't get bigger, I havn't played in 3 maybe 4 weeks now :(

l8m0n
21-03-05, 03:26
I read some of the crap people post on these forums as a new player I would not feel to happy about staying.....
You wouldnt stay cos of the forum? :wtf:

LiL T
21-03-05, 04:16
You wouldnt stay cos of the forum? :wtf:
Why would I want to stay as a new player if everyone only points out the negative stuff or starts ranting on about server pops, when ever someone posts a constructive comment. All I'm saying is it just does not look good and it might make matters worse by complaining all the time about server populations. When this does get released in the UK we will get alot of people comming from WoW cos it sucks for them and they want to try something new to them and different. Its not going to help NC if its community insists it is doomed at every chance they get.

Jesterthegreat
21-03-05, 08:53
check out the new runner forums then...

find the c2p threads there.

its hardly just old players with problems (or "talking negative")

l8m0n
21-03-05, 10:24
check out the new runner forums then...

find the c2p threads there.

its hardly just old players with problems (or "talking negative")
agree, problem is not server pops, monks or the forum its the payment method, it has got so many problems its shocking, how does a company get away with that?
And if people didnt point out the problems how would KK be able to fix then if they dont know about them, and if we have to keep going on about them till they get fixed then thats something i will/others do ;)

Nymphette79
21-03-05, 12:39
Nidhogg has a honey smeared hammer??? ;)

Kuya
21-03-05, 13:34
can someone post the scan plz!!

Capt. Rik
21-03-05, 13:38
It's great to see some advertising - it's a sign that things are being taken seriously and I hope that plenty of new people come try the game.

Forum negativity is at an all time low though :( It would be ok if people posted negatively but with reasons but a lot of it are flames/trolls or 1-liners that server no purpose

Jesterthegreat
21-03-05, 14:18
It's great to see some advertising - it's a sign that things are being taken seriously and I hope that plenty of new people come try the game.

Forum negativity is at an all time low though :( It would be ok if people posted negatively but with reasons but a lot of it are flames/trolls or 1-liners that server no purpose

i try to give my negative posts a point ;)

Kuya
21-03-05, 14:18
scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan !?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?scan!?sc an!?scan!?scan!?

mishkin
21-03-05, 14:21
Yeesh, scan the scam already :p

Nidhogg
21-03-05, 14:49
I saw it today. A couple of interesting points to note:

1) The PEGI rating is clearly stated as being 16+
2) The release date is stated as March 25th. As I posted earlier this date is likely to slip because of a delay in printing the inlays but it looks like the blockage is cleared and the delay shouldn't be any longer than predicted (two weeks, maybe even less)

N

Kuya
21-03-05, 15:00
hope we get a spike of new playz0rz

msdong
21-03-05, 15:05
as we have you here N, what about the content patch?
i mean 3 days till easter holiedays to go, or do we have to wait untill ATARI sells the first copys?

Bugs Gunny
21-03-05, 15:14
For all the idiots out there complaining about the "join thousands odf players":

I'm sure you all buy the laundry product that claims it washes whiter than the other.
Also you never buy coca cola because the advertising clearly showed people prefering pepsi.
Oh, yes and you would never let you girlfriend use your deodorant from the brand "AXE" because she will turn into a lesbian, hunted by a horde of women.

Advertising is always a bit exagerated, plus if they play their cards right we may actualy have that many people on the servers.

Kuya
21-03-05, 15:57
niddeh plz post teh scan

virgil caine
21-03-05, 20:50
Wohhooo! You lucky people on the english servers! :p Hope we get that kind of advert in French magz! We want more than 8% population on Pandore at peak times! :D

But Great Job people! Great job! *claps*

Come to Terra and play with us some while you wait for the population to increase.

El Jimben
21-03-05, 21:21
Oh, yes and you would never let you girlfriend use your deodorant from the brand "AXE" because she will turn into a lesbian, hunted by a horde of women.

Advertising is always a bit exagerated, plus if they play their cards right we may actualy have that many people on the servers.

Isn't AXE the same as LYNX just under a stranger name? All of them smell like crap anyway tbh :lol:

athon
21-03-05, 23:26
*wishes Lynx would work like it does on the adverts

Athon Solo

darkservent
21-03-05, 23:41
Great, But Paypal shoulda been sorted out Yonks back.

Selendor
23-03-05, 23:13
Here's the scan for your deliberation:

http://www.selendor.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pcgamer1.jpg

I'm looking forward to the sex, for sure.

Lexxuk
23-03-05, 23:30
Constructive criticism..

1) it doesnt point out a valid CC + Inet connection is required, does say online mmorpg mets FPS, but doesnt state it is an MMORPG
2) doesnt enhance on the "Dark Cyberpunk" theme - could be ragnarok with more faries and orcs
3) chicks not showing enough boobs, boobs buy guys!
4) copyright is 2004, its now 2005, people may think its an old game
5) NO STORY good adverts show a little storyline in there "The war has started, the City has attacked the Dome, its all out war! Choose your allegiance, choose your destiny, your fate is in your hands" or something.
6) its Neocron 2, people might want to try NC1 before the release date, bit buggered if they do :lol:

Anyhow, guess you have a couple of days to fix all the bugs, balance the game, add tons of new content and hire me as CEO. k.thx. :p

Mr Kot
23-03-05, 23:39
Ooh, now if only the new model female PEs looked like that :D

Now for my bit of constructive criticism: If the game is going to be sold on its "Sex, guns and rock'n'roll" theme, we need a CRAPLOAD more sex-selling NPCs in and around the city.

I'm just imagining a newb buying the game, creating a char, thinking "where's the sex?", taking a kill rat mission, thinking "where's the sex?" getting a new weapon made, thinking "where's the sex?", getting a ride to MB for more levelling, thinking "where's the sex?", getting killed at MB, thinking "where's the sex?".....etc.

I know there ARE sex themes etc. out there, both in epics and in the red light areas of the NC and dome, but i think that the sex needs to be more "in your face" to fulfill what the game's ad suggests.

msdong
24-03-05, 00:06
.... "where's the sex?", ....

maybe inside the box is a paper with a big "type /e sex on the chatline"

Xylaz
24-03-05, 00:07
and why's rock'n'roll only at MB (even there its kind of industrial/ambient rock mix instead)?

aKe`cj
24-03-05, 00:16
and why's rock'n'roll only at MB (even there its kind of industrial/ambient rock mix instead)?

rock n roll taken as metaphor for action .. and I'd say theres plenty of that in neocron (as long as the server pops dont drop below ~20ish % that is) ;)

..and I agree, that the cyberpunk theme + the shooter aspect could have been pushed a lil more

advert-happy-meter
crap [|||||||||||||||||||||||||] n1

..at least there _is_ an ad ;)

Clive tombstone
24-03-05, 00:30
Honestly, I feel the whole image of the city and stuff on it (IE the helo copters, the gun the chick is holding, the city itself.) is kinda... well... Misleading. I mean, when I look at the pictures I see something COMPLETLY different than what we are playing now, and actually something I would rather be playing that what we have now... sorry kk :D . I mean, the adverts could be a little more tied to the game, as said previously in this thread you know?

Word to yer Mother :lol:

PEace out.

Mr Kot
24-03-05, 02:32
Honestly, I feel the whole image of the city and stuff on it (IE the helo copters, the gun the chick is holding, the city itself.) is kinda... well... Misleading. I mean, when I look at the pictures I see something COMPLETLY different than what we are playing now, and actually something I would rather be playing that what we have now... sorry kk :D . I mean, the adverts could be a little more tied to the game, as said previously in this thread you know?

Eh? what u on about? the "helo copter" (sic) in the sky is a hoverbot that can be found anywhere in the mountain sectors, the gun the chick is holding is obviously a wyatt earp, albeit with better artwork. The city tower blocks that you can see in the background are the same tower blocks that you can see throught the shattered roof of the dome in certain sectors.

Theres even a tank in PA on the box with a big cannon on his shoulder. Looks realistic enough for me. The only exaggerated feature on the box is the girl herself.... unless that cute crop top is gonna be an option on the Rokkwear soon... Rawr!

:angel:

jernau
24-03-05, 02:55
Isn't the backdrop VR3 (or rather a version of it)?

Jesterthegreat
24-03-05, 03:09
looks like it.

the login page's pic is less realistic (was fan art iirc?)

Clive tombstone
24-03-05, 03:12
I SHOULD have said the backdrop login, was what I was talking about, I must have had them two confused. sorry.

anywho, The login backdrop is my Ideal NC, even as shallow as that sounds hehe.

PS, just so theres no confusion I found the box art, here
http://www.10tacel.com/de/images/packshot46.jpg
And the OTHER cover
http://cp.neocron.com/img/content/cover.gif

zii
24-03-05, 03:21

Advertising like this (remember the subject of the thread?) is designed to increase that figure so why see this as an excuse to attack the advertising?

N

I remeber 400 on saturn, 350 on uranus plus pluto (100) and the german server's populations, so thats at least a 1000.

jini
24-03-05, 06:55
The Lady in that pic, had to dye her hair blonde? That or fix her eyebrows at least tone down the brown. I hate when i see such a contrast :D

nobby
24-03-05, 15:20
TBH, Neocron should have more action with the flying...
Neocron 2 ....Feels like going out on a sunday drive...

PlanetSide= @Shit it's coming back!!!

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BBOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm........zzzz

Koshinn
26-03-05, 09:01
so today is the 25th. How are sales going?

I vaguely remember reading that it was delayed a week or two because of CD inserts?

LiL T
26-03-05, 09:26
I hope click2pay don't just decide to like not accept peoples money :rolleyes:

MkVenner
26-03-05, 10:32
hmm that one with the blonde bird firing....is it just me or are the rounds still in their cases after exiting the barrel?

Heavyporker
26-03-05, 20:44
Jeez.... I hope to heck and back that there's no sign-up problems for the new wave of players.

old NC players may put up with a bit more in order to get sweet nectar, but spanking-new people will NOT. Toss even a single stone in their path, they will sheer off and not bother with trying out Neocron.

edit:

(clive - I must say, I like the idea on the image... all of these HUGE, TALL, TALL, TALL, TALL buildings crammed together until you can't fucking see the sky. THAT"s a megacity. You wouldn't believe how many times I and others bitched that Neocron City's plaza & via rosso sectors needed to be taller. But hey... KK did listen to the community. Whatever the trolls say, I know that KK did listen.)

Jesterthegreat
26-03-05, 20:53
Jeez.... I hope to heck and back that there's no sign-up problems for the new wave of players.

old NC players may put up with a bit more in order to get sweet nectar, but spanking-new people will NOT. Toss even a single stone in their path, they will sheer off and not bother with trying out Neocron.

if the few old people left are having problems why wouldnt newer ones?

and bear in mind PBC dont offer a free trial so 90% will want to use C2P

Koshinn
27-03-05, 00:09
hmm that one with the blonde bird firing....is it just me or are the rounds still in their cases after exiting the barrel?

Yes, yes they are. You can see the ejected casings as well, and they match the rounds that've exited the muzzle already. So they obviously accounted for spent casings but forgot to draw them gone from the bullets. >.<

Nidhogg
27-03-05, 00:20
Pretty much everyone does that when drawing bullets in flight. It's artistic license. ;)

N

Koshinn
28-03-05, 01:46
Pretty much everyone does that when drawing bullets in flight. It's artistic license. ;)

N

Oh yeah well World of Warcraft doesn't do that! HAH!

ignore that it's a fantasy/medieval setting...

ignore that bullet casings weren't invented back then and they use little metal balls...

ignore that gnomes have helicopters and dwarves have tanks...

Next thing you know, you'll see a warbot firing his freezing laser of death... with a bullet casing on the back of it in flight!

Heavyporker
28-03-05, 19:05
bullets flying out of the gun unfired is just plain stupid, alright?

Artistic license, my facking sweet fanny. It's sheer laziness and sloppiness.

This reminds me of when I watched "Ecks vs Sever" (pile of shit, that. Lucy Liu is soooooo hawt, though. I wanna get her into my bed.) When there was this scene with a machine gun, you could clearly see that the machine gun was ejecting whole bullets, casing and all. Fucking idiots.

About the image, it really couldn't be all that hard to edit out the round in the casing, make it look like it really was fired.

jernau
29-03-05, 09:43
I'm not sure which film you mean but how could they get it wrong if they were using a real gun?

MkVenner
29-03-05, 10:30
im gunna go out on a limb, and say it was in bullettime, because you could see that much detail of the rounds, so they were probly CGI bullets (*or whatever you call it)

GIJ0e
29-03-05, 15:04

N

its not a whine if its true

Nidhogg
29-03-05, 15:45
its not a whine if its true
Oh. my bad then. Everyone does play on the same WoW server.

N

GIJ0e
29-03-05, 15:49
Oh. my bad then. Everyone does play on the same WoW server.

N

evidently not. i was referring to the lie in the advert that neocron has thousands of players.

and just for the record wow sucks anyway.

Nidhogg
29-03-05, 15:53
evidently not. i was referring to the lie in the advert that neocron has thousands of players.
My mistake. This post (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1784667&postcount=97) is for you then. Don't be so free with the accusations of lying either. I know many people think it's acceptable to accuse others of being a liar - I am not one of those people.

N

GIJ0e
29-03-05, 16:22
My mistake. This post (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1784667&postcount=97) is for you then. Don't be so free with the accusations of lying either. I know many people think it's acceptable to accuse others of being a liar - I am not one of those people.

N

nightclub bouncer

Nidhogg
29-03-05, 16:28
nightclub bouncer
Actually, that would be my brother, although I have dabbled on occasion.

N

Mighty Max
29-03-05, 16:50
Yes, yes they are. You can see the ejected casings as well, and they match the rounds that've exited the muzzle already. So they obviously accounted for spent casings but forgot to draw them gone from the bullets. >.<

Tbh that shows you never actually saw a fired bullet of a 9x19mm caliber, did you ?

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/182265/2/istockphoto_Weapons__9mm_Bullet_Closeup_182265.jpg

Where the bullets head meets the hull it reduces it diameter slightly and has about 4-5mm within the hull. When the pistol is fired, the bullet itself is longer then the copper cone you can see on the pic.

MkVenner
29-03-05, 17:00
whats 9x19mm rounds got anything to do with this? yes the actual projectile continues into the jacket a bit, but not as much as those in the pic do, and the projectile doesnt change colour half or have a rim

dem0n
29-03-05, 17:35
thumbs up for the advert. X*10^3 players, possible if most of the current players which visit the forums would stop posting nonproductive bullshit in 99% of their post on public forums.

I don't think the key things, such as the storyline and the atmosphere were brought up to the ad viewers, but then again it's a feature list, with a nice approach, meant to attract new players. graphical mistakes, maybe, but then again only we would notice them, don't think new players would.

Mighty Max
29-03-05, 19:01
9x19mm = nato standard for pistols. I know we are in NC and not current, but since the weapon has the same layout as a known 9mm pistol, i assumed it.

So now to the facts. I've looked it ups since that part of the theory is not what you remeber after the training :p I know the basic data, how fast they exit, how far they fly etc from the different guns i've shot and how to handle them but the exact sizes ... yeah screw it.

So here the data to find about the bullets:

9x19mm:
Hull Length : 19.15mm, max projectile length: 29.69mm. The effective detonation mass fills 4.45mm*8.82mm (length*diameter european standard, the USA-versions have about 7,75% less pressure and therefor smaller detonation masses) That means the overall length of the 29.69mm - 4.45mm - thinkness of the hulls bottom/grabbing rim. The head has an average size of 21-22mm. (thats more then 2times longer then its diameter)

In the description of a german factory it's stated: "Randlos mit Ausziehrille" => translate it with google ... "seamless with extraction-rim" that should solve the rim-mystery ....

jernau
30-03-05, 14:32
im gunna go out on a limb, and say it was in bullettime, because you could see that much detail of the rounds, so they were probly CGI bullets (*or whatever you call it)
Ah, that would make sense. No idea what the film is so I don't know if it's right though :).

MkVenner
30-03-05, 15:37
9x19mm = nato standard for pistols. I know we are in NC and not current, but since the weapon has the same layout as a known 9mm pistol, i assumed it.
i seriously doubt that the artist drew anything to scale with actual real ammunition, and if he did i'd reckon they'd be .45 or .50, what with those being more..."hollywood" calibers. The fact that the round changed from a more lead like colour (the actual projectile) to a more brass like colour (the casing) i drew my own conclusion that the round was still cased while exiting. You can use as much science as you want, but without talking to the artist you cant actually proove anything lol :p