PDA

View Full Version : Any Neocron 2 Videos or Help Documents out there?

HopesDespair
20-03-05, 02:34
Here is what I am looking for. I am going to be creating lots of Neocron 2 CDs. On these CDs will be:

CD 1: Setup.exe
Setup-1.bin

CD 2: Setup-2.bin

CD 3: Setup-3.bin

And on that 3rd CD I'm also wanting to put a couple of good videos (One to show the PVP aspect of the game, and another to show PVE, and yet a third to show crafting)

Then a little Getting Started document to explain the game a little bit, maybe a map... some pointers...

Then I'm going to put them in nice little homemade paper holders :) and give them out around my town

I recommend other people do the same. I'll make the CDs orderable for free by mail, if you want to get a bunch to give out around your area

So any help would be appreciated!

Also does anyone know if it asks them to insert CD2 and 3?

Thanks!

Dribble Joy
20-03-05, 04:01
I remember when AOL (I cuss at thee!!!) spammed the UK by posting a CD to every house in the country, and look at where they are now, so...

Go for it....

About the files, afaik you just need to put them all into the same folder and run the proggy.

Tostino
20-03-05, 04:19
Also does anyone know if it asks them to insert CD2 and 3?

No it doesnt. You need to copy all the zips to the same folder and then run the setup.

NeoDriver
20-03-05, 10:42
in that case i suggest adding a readme in too that way they know how to install the game

CMaster
20-03-05, 17:04
Take Brad's guides (they aren't 100% perfect, but they are the best I have seen yet), put them in a nice HTML file. I could probably work up a PvE video if you want.

Tidus_Origin
27-03-05, 22:19
Good idea, HopesDespair! A good way to spread the word about NC before its international release. You should put all the patches on the 3rd CD too, so then the new ppl don't have to waste their time downloading them and get right into the action. :)

I've made a hacking tutorial video - if i can find a place to host it, then you can by all means put it on the CD :)

HopesDespair
28-03-05, 19:40
ftp.prophetsoffate.com
username: nexveloxvideos
password: velox

MkVenner
28-03-05, 19:54
in that case i suggest adding a readme in too that way they know how to install the game
no one ever reads the readme lol :p

Lincoln
28-03-05, 23:45
http://www.themissinglinc.com/Productions/NeoPvP.php

Don't be shy to use the mirror, lol.

Still looking for another mirror.

Also, PvP02 is about half done. However, I still need another mirror before I publish, I don't want another downloading debacle like we had for PvP01.

Tidus_Origin
29-03-05, 18:32
ftp.prophetsoffate.com
username: nexveloxvideos
password: velox

k, I uploaded it. The filename's Hacking Tutorial.wmv :)

netster
30-03-05, 09:00
is it possible to get a http mirror? cannot ftp(-dl) from work ;(