PDA

View Full Version : question about team XP

Superbron
18-03-05, 18:08
Hi there,

Maybe does somebody have an answer to my question: do you gain experience from teaming with a tank (or other class) that only gets hurt (he doesn't fire a single shot)?

I was levelling as a ppu with a tank and the tank-player crashed. I healed the tank for as long as he wasn't kicked out. Just wondering if I got some XP beside the psi-xp I got from healing him. Anybody got an answer?

Greetz,

Dribble Joy
18-03-05, 18:23
Team xp is a bit wierd, it depends on your class, whether they can recieve cirtain xp types in teams and whether they give cirtain xp types.

Afaik, noone can gain and/or give CON xp from teaming.

Jesterthegreat
18-03-05, 19:20
Team xp is a bit wierd, it depends on your class, whether they can recieve cirtain xp types in teams and whether they give cirtain xp types.

Afaik, noone can gain and/or give CON xp from teaming.

a PE can level con nicely by sitting in the back of a rhino in the gunner / driver team.

CMaster
18-03-05, 19:41
Vehcile XP doesnt seemto be quite the same as team xp though...

Dribble Joy
18-03-05, 19:49
a PE can level con nicely by sitting in the back of a rhino in the gunner / driver team.
What about in a cave doing nothing and not getting shot with big hairy tanks shooting stuff?

Jesterthegreat
18-03-05, 19:52
What about in a cave doing nothing and not getting shot with big hairy tanks shooting stuff?

roll a PE droner if you wanna test it.

i havent tried personally

trigger hurt
18-03-05, 20:04
Vehcile XP doesnt seemto be quite the same as team xp though...

tanks and pe's both gain con through teaming...otherwise, my hc pe who did nothing but sit in the drivers seat of the rhino or leach from cave teams would only have had 20 con after all his other skills were capped..at the moment, he has 62 con.

maybe, if I ever come back to this game, I'll cap it and lom him to pistols or something.

Dribble Joy
18-03-05, 20:20
Hmmm news to me...

But then I pretty much soloed my PE completely, took me ages to cap CON (without any of the beardy things people do now), and I havn't really lvled an other character, let alone class.

Phlith
20-03-05, 10:48
There is a difference guys, tanks get con from leveling whether they are heavy or melee. Now if you have a heavy combat PE sittin in a rhino shooting stuff, yes you will get con XP like a tank. I'm damn sure pistol/rifle PEs do not get con XP unless they get shot. Same with any other class unless u are specced for heavy/melee.

I was also wondering, say you were a high level guy and had a rank of 2/xx and you killed a high level mob. Are you going to get more or less XP with the 2/xx or 50+/xx ??

Jesterthegreat
20-03-05, 15:26
There is a difference guys, tanks get con from leveling whether they are heavy or melee. Now if you have a heavy combat PE sittin in a rhino shooting stuff, yes you will get con XP like a tank. I'm damn sure pistol/rifle PEs do not get con XP unless they get shot. Same with any other class unless u are specced for heavy/melee.

I was also wondering, say you were a high level guy and had a rank of 2/xx and you killed a high level mob. Are you going to get more or less XP with the 2/xx or 50+/xx ??

the point was this was without shooting stuff.

in my experiance a PE gains every skill just from team xp (IE not doing anything himself)

and while a 2/50 would get more xp for killing a 70/70 mob than a 2/2 mob (obviously)... a 70/50 would get more xp for killing the same mob.

basically the closer it is to your combat rank the more % of the whole XP you get (or so we are told... i havent tested it)

Superbron
21-03-05, 09:50
Ok, thanks for the replies guys. However, team XP still isn't crystal clear to me. :confused: But maybe someday I will get it. :)

Greetz,

Richard Blade
21-03-05, 11:28
Ok, I might be a little shakey on this.

A PPU healing that tank who crashed should get xp from the heal. I think I read that a PPU gains psi xp for doing that. I have a fairly high level PPU with LE and spend time at the bunker sometimes helping the new players / rerolled alts :). Sometimes they will team me, other times not. I never ask.
But, after healing them so many times for an hour or two, I notice that my psi xp has climbed considerably. Hmmm. Maybe that's an exploit. :rolleyes:

That tank may or may not have gotten xp for taking the damage and having it healed, but I think that's the normal method of gaining con xp.
The team wouldn't have done anything to gain him con xp, if you were the only two in it. You have to cause damage to give a percentage of xp. Although, I'm not sure if a PPU shares backwards for the healing. As in, that tank gaining xp for the con damage and gaining xp for the PPU actually casting the heal.

A team gives xp (based on NC1 knowledge, not sure if they changed it.) for the number of people in the team and the "damage dealers". PPU's may be a special case, but they tend to get less xp in my experience.
Ok, that said, ie: 4 members in the team, each person gets a certain percentage of "team" xp. They would get 3* that xp because there are 4 of them. Get six in the team, they get 5* that percentage. I'm sure you understand that part. They also get their personal xp for damaging the mob.

Overall, you get less personal xp for a kill, as a damage dealer, because there are so many others helping. But in the long run, that 5* xp helps out classes like PPU's as they do no damage.

I'm probably going to ramble if I type more, I hope I answered your question.

Superbron
21-03-05, 13:43
Thanks Richard. This explains some things to me.

From my own tests I conclude that you don't get Team XP from somebody in the team that only gets hurt. There is only personal XP (CON and a little bit STR) for the teammember who gets hurt.

Healing, however, does generate team XP and personal XP (PSI and INT) for the healer.

Greetz,

numb
21-03-05, 13:51
From what I remember, when it comes to team xp, each class only receives 'team xp' (raised by the team doing damage to a mob) in their main skills (int + dex for spy, str + con for tank, psi + int (?) for monk and all skills for PE [might be wrong on that one]).

So what skills increased just from being in a team are based entirely on your own class and no other team member.

Your character is responsible for raising the other skills by itself. (Using appropriate weapons, missions, repair etc).

edit: re-reading your first post I realise now this is not what you were asking for - oops, but I am pretty certain that team xp can only be gained via damage on mob.

Superbron
21-03-05, 14:07
I believe a PE levels all skill in a team except for CON. Someone tested this?

Greetz,

Jesterthegreat
21-03-05, 14:20
I believe a PE levels all skill in a team except for CON. Someone tested this?

Greetz,

my PE gained con while sitting in the back of a tank gdoing nothing.