PDA

View Full Version : [MERGED] Neocron 2: Public Teamspeak

HopesDespair
17-03-05, 04:45
First World of Warcraft, then Planetside, now Neocron... figured it may help some people who can't afford it...

IP Addres: 67.19.40.101:8844
Password: none

We are looking for responsible moderators for the server. If you are interested please be sure to contact me.

If you need a room for your outfit that is password protected, please send an e-mail to Nick@prophetsoffate.com with:

Room Name:
Room Password:
Sub Channels (Up to 4 not including Lobby)

[VP]Orion
17-03-05, 11:24
Nice idea. But it's only for smaller clans I guess. The bigger clans doesnt wanna risk someone evesdropping on their conversations so they all have own servers.

But hopefully it can help a few smaller clans to take the step into the ts/vent world.

[TgR]KILLER
17-03-05, 11:48
if you read his post you can see that you can get your own room with your own password. and afaik you can hide a room from public eye too. so nobody can hear or see you talking..

tho indeed most clans got their own teamspeak or vent nowadays i got logins to about 6 =)

Dr Strange
17-03-05, 12:45
While it's very nice of you to offer, its a bad idea.

Public teamspeaks are fine, if the main host and his friends don't use it themselves. If they do, well you then run the risk of saying something that may offend them and thus being banned, even more so to happen if you are playing the same game. (yes this has happened in the past regarding NC2 and public teamspeaks people offer. not saying it will happen again just a warning for those that might consider using a public server as a permanant source for TS2).

HopesDespair
17-03-05, 13:18
People who know me know that I don't care what people say about me. I could really careless :)

You CAN see who is on TS but can't see who is talking unless you're in that room. If there are a lot of people that end up using it I will consider hiding people, for organizational purposes.

Rooms will be passworded.

Yeah that's about it...

Seven
17-03-05, 16:23
Nice of you to set that up for the community. ;)

CMaster
17-03-05, 19:10
To me the use for this isn't for clans - its for hunting/random gank/lets chat teams. Countless times when i was levelling me and my buddies said "damn, we really need voice comms". Well, here is the option to.

Digital-Talios
18-03-05, 00:40
Sounds like a great idea. I just wish I could use it on my 26k connection.

Clive tombstone
18-03-05, 01:22
Man, I forgot is TS a purchase item or is it free? Im using ventrillo right now

sultana
18-03-05, 06:04
Man, I forgot is TS a purchase item or is it free? Im using ventrillo right now
Tis free.

Sounds like a good idea, though more like a neocron chat when there ain't nothing happening if I were to use it :p

Jesterthegreat
18-03-05, 11:06
as long as it stays small its all good.

if it gets popular i can see it being a bandwidth hog :D

HopesDespair
27-03-05, 04:55
Prophets of Fate Public Teamspeak
67.19.40.101:8844

With the ability to register with the server on your own (go to Self, Register with Server) and for all registered users to create their own registered and password protected rooms.

Right now we are just a small server... we can hold 100 people but don't get barely any, so make use of our servers! They are here to stay!

If you are interested in being a server admin send an e-mail to Nick@prophetsoffate.com with:

Teamspeak Name
In Game Name (Main)
Server Played (Main)
Two Referrences (to attest that you are responsible)

So put our server to use! Register now!

Nidhogg
27-03-05, 15:42
You're right on the borderline of advertising here. Don't tip yourself over the edge by repeating yourself.

N

naimex
27-03-05, 15:48
You're right on the borderline of advertising here. Don't tip yourself over the edge by repeating yourself.

N

I dont see it ?

The first post was if you wanted a room..

the last one which i guess you are referring to in the quote, is if someone wanted admin on a channel/room on the ts.

2 different things.

Cant see that being advertisement.. more a notice of updated feature/possibility. :)

not that i care, dont use it anyways. i hate microphones.

Nidhogg
27-03-05, 15:56
The first post in this thread and the post just above my merge message both advertise Teamspeak rooms. They may have other stuff in them too but they're both essentially adverts.

N

HopesDespair
28-03-05, 19:41
Sorry :o just trying to spread out some stuff that may be of interest and help to the community