PDA

View Full Version : Mc5 no-req chips ?

Inchenzo
17-03-05, 02:54
So why was it again that MC5 chips got requirements to use them ?

cos i remeber that there was a day that you could use 'em in any char you wanted.

I know a few reasons why it could/ve gotten reqs (spy using shelter without drugs, PE becoming the ultimate fighter etc...)

But i stil like to know what the official reason was.

In a way i'd like to see the no-reqs versions of MC5 chips come back, cos it would open up alot of nice setups for diversity.

Tell me what you think :)

Mr Kot
17-03-05, 03:12
Hmm, food for thought there....

Although it sounds strange that a PSI monk should use a STR giving implant, they can already use a M.O.V.E.O.N. so why not a marine?

I love the diversity idea, it would definitely dilute the pool of "cookie cutters".

Hmm, maybe my PE can use blessed heal and a rezz after all.... go for it! ;)

Dribble Joy
17-03-05, 03:12
Ehhhh... dunno about this.
Variation is good, but the enemy of balance.

CMaster
17-03-05, 03:15
PE with SF, SA, RD, Hawk...
You would have FL/SH/Slasher PEs..
Spies would grab a herc to wear better armour...
etc. Would be a strange world.

.hack//sign
17-03-05, 03:22
i can see it now,lowtech rifle pe using SA Herc moveon and ppr

LiL T
17-03-05, 03:28
edit umm nvm your on about mc5 so not psi core but a DS in my pe :)

Infinite
17-03-05, 03:30
PE with SF, SA, RD, Hawk...
You would have FL/SH/Slasher PEs..
Spies would grab a herc to wear better armour...
etc. Would be a strange world.

so...?

We already get slasher using PEs and whats wrong with spies getting better armour?

Dribble Joy
17-03-05, 03:33
whats wrong with spies getting better armour?
Because they have too much allready?

Spies > PEs. Giving them the ability to drop beast for a herc and gain +25 htl and the dependance on at leat one drug is just going to make things worse.

Inchenzo
17-03-05, 03:41
mate i already had an inq1 spy, only differnece is, that i don't need to drug up for useing a shelter :)

Just think about it, what real harm would it do ?

(except increase demand on chips)

edit/

had a big out discussion on the ingame HELP channel, and well only class that could become overpowered would be the Private Eye, cos noone would really change, still checking it out though. (PE keywords are, Gaya glove, Damage boost sanctum, higher freq on Damage boost)

Jesterthegreat
17-03-05, 08:57
had a big out discussion on the ingame HELP channel, and well only class that could become overpowered would be the Private Eye, cos noone would really change, still checking it out though. (PE keywords are, Gaya glove, Damage boost sanctum, higher freq on Damage boost)

really? my PE had 45/min on DB without a glove or a drug...

does that make me overpowered?

cornelius5
17-03-05, 09:26
i like it ,, bored as hell of my pe anyway.
im positive some pe holds the lifetime record of most lomms taken.
ive gone pistol - lt/rifle -hc- stealth/rifle- hack/rifle - soon to be lt/rifle again.
faster to reroll a spy i suppose.

[TgR]KILLER
17-03-05, 11:50
uhm cause having no reqs on them totally sucked ass ? only the real big clans etc would be uber.. i so much hated dueling PE's who had herc + ds + sa etc in their head.

Capt. Rik
17-03-05, 12:06
I vote no purely because if this happened then there would be no reason to have requirements on any implants.

but... i'm trying to work out if that might actually be a good thing or not... can't decide just yet

Bugs Gunny
17-03-05, 12:17
It sure would be fun, but it would screw over the "ballance" we have now.

sultana
17-03-05, 12:37
KILLER']uhm cause having no reqs on them totally sucked ass ? only the real big clans etc would be uber.. i so much hated dueling PE's who had herc + ds + sa etc in their head.
So the pe's get better armour + more health.
Which can be done easily by pokeing in a moveon and drugging for the higher armour (even using x-strong, if you don't want to lose any health).

Can cast haz/heat/br3
Can already be done with drugs... that take away a huge 10 or so force resist

And the sa's nothing new.

The problem with implanting any other mc5 chips in a pe's head other then sa and rd (which they already can) is that they lose the dex they need to use the high end weapons. So what you'll be left with is some med/low tech pe's with better defense, who don't need to drug.

How would the ability to implant any mc5 chip in your head make a clan that much more "uber". The main classes we see at op wars are monks and tanks right? What is the point of implanting another mc5 chip into a monk, they already have the moveon/ppr or even both for their defense so it either becomes a substitute for those, which once again is nothing new.

For tanks... fear the new age pain easer/rog tank? I can't see how access to more mc5's would help them at all.

The classes that this will help the most are pe's and spys, at it means access to spells/armour without having to drug, or even access to even higher end spells/armour by drugging on top of that. Maybe we'll start seeing more of these on the OP war scene, that can only be a good thing right?

Remove the req's and we'll start seeing more diversity in setups, right now it varies from the low tech pain easer pe using no pa, to the healing light pe who takes 3 drugs and has nearly just as good defense (at the cost of drugging).

Original monk
17-03-05, 12:44
i wouldnt mind my riflercombatspy running around with a herc,ds,sa,sf or sumthing similar, heck with the ds alone i would be more then happy ! so bring it on hehe

possible i will reconsider a pistoltank again, again :)

Inchenzo
17-03-05, 17:03
Btw people, this is a discussion, not a poll :angel:

and the reason i want to discuss this is to find out how much harm would be done, cos i'd like us all to have some diversity options back :)

Capt. Rik
17-03-05, 17:10
in the interests of discussion i'll pimp one of my brainport threads from a while back:

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=97089

Basically suggesting customizable implants where the reqs are determined by what you choose. Idea was to add a lot more freedom to peoples setups

Having thought about the threadstarters idea, I think it's wrong that a 0/2 runner could immediately use an implant giving for example +6STR, +5CON plus all the other bonuses a herc gives. Some sort of minimum requirement is necessary

Inchenzo
17-03-05, 17:18
Having thought about the threadstarters idea, I think it's wrong that a 0/2 runner could immediately use an implant giving for example +6STR, +5CON plus all the other bonuses a herc gives. Some sort of minimum requirement is necessary

Think about it for just a sec,. would a "low-level" player really have a Herc or something in his head, when he starts his first char ?

If the "low-level" player does have it, than this is probably his 2nd/3rd/4th char and worked to get the mc5 chip in the first place.

And doesn't this already happen with Move-on chips and PP chips ?

Personally i'd rather stick in a move-on or proto in my new chars instead of a expensive Mc5 chip, cos i would only get the implant wrecked earlier. From all the dieing as a low-level char.

Bugs Gunny
17-03-05, 17:30
Most people that can afford or get mc5's just call in a ppu when they die :-)

Inchenzo
17-03-05, 17:38

True, cos that's what i do most of the time :p but don't forget that most people nowadays use LE's in their "new" runners, so they won't get pk'ed but do have the possibility to go to the good levelling spots.

And levellling with 4 mc5 chips wouldn't help you level faster methinks..

But still.. if you have access to mc5 chips, it's not up to me what you do with it, it's anyone's choice to do what they like.

Btw..

I'd love to see more properly setup Rifle and Pistol tanks ingame.

Capt. Rik
17-03-05, 17:40
@Inchenzo - yeah i agree with you with regards to obtaining them as a noob, you'd have to have earned it yourself etc...

I just don't agree with removing the reqs totally to allow noobs to use them. In MMORPGs you traditionally have to earn good stuff as your character progresses - having the single best items in the game instantly available isn't right I don't think.

I'd level with you and suggest tweaking the reqs so that most classes can use the chips at some other sacrifice

Original monk
17-03-05, 17:41

true .. or rezz emselves :)

i like captainricks idea yeah, but its my guess that the bigger the change the less likely it is KK will implement em cause they are so busy allready with things like the itemtracking etc :)

a new implantsystem or extra implantsystem will take loads of balancework :/ everytime a class is balanced in neocron another class takes over :/

anyways, think it would be intresting making the mc5's reqless :P .. or indeed with low req's like 20 orso :)

tanks cant use a hawkin then but who cares :P (besides G.O.D's constructtank :) )

Capt. Rik
17-03-05, 17:46
hell allowing them from rank /30 would be pretty cool i think or only allowing them if the LE has been taken out or something like that

Inchenzo
17-03-05, 17:52
a new implantsystem or extra implantsystem will take loads of balancework :/ everytime a class is balanced in neocron another class takes over :/

anyways, think it would be intresting making the mc5's reqless :P .. or indeed with low req's like 20 orso :)

There's a bigger chance getting the mc5 to the old no-req situation then getting a new implant system.

In MMORPGs you traditionally have to earn good stuff as your character progresses - having the single best items in the game instantly available isn't right I don't think.

It's not instantly available when you first need to get it with your High level char, that's probably capped by then, naturally you'll progress and make a new char, so why not give him/her a break, and give him/her a bit more "edge" over the others by using his/her mc5 chip when starting a new char ?

Think about it we could have more HC-Pe's, Pistol Tanks, Rifle tanks just plain more diversity. give us more choice :)

Bugs Gunny
17-03-05, 17:52
Not to mention the trike driving, droning and repairing HC tank :-)

Inchenzo
17-03-05, 17:53
Not to mention the trike driving, droning and repairing HC tank :-)

ooow,.. drools at droning tank :angel: (totally useless though ;) )

Capt. Rik
17-03-05, 18:12
Think about it we could have more HC-Pe's, Pistol Tanks, Rifle tanks just plain more diversity. give us more choice :)

Can't deny that would be cool :cool:

eprodigy
17-03-05, 18:46

exactly what i was discussing with inchenzo ingame, it really doesnt effect much - all it can do for PE's is to get rid of a drug.. a ds could be useful in spies for no drug shelter, a herc for the inq armor easier.. but all these things are already there and being done, i think having to use less drugs is a reward of getting these high end mc5's..

tanks could possibly want a ds for a better heal, but i doubt any would bother, monks wouldnt want any other then the DS they already use because moveon would be better then herc for example.

Heavyporker
17-03-05, 18:52
Big fuck-you-hell-no to the "let noobs have and use MC5s"

I don't care if the player had a previous character and got the implant.

The point of a new character is to start over. RP-wise and gameplay-wise, it makes NO FUCKING SENSE to let newbie characters use MC5s. Hell, I'm still pissed off that Epic Implants can be used the second a character leaves newbie MC5.

edit - oh, by the way, THERE are already pistol/rifle gentanks around. I rather doubt that merely making MC5s no-reqs will magically create a flood of new rifler/pistolero gentanks.

eprodigy
17-03-05, 20:52
the difficulty is in GETTING the chips, not using them.. imho

tanks can already use an SA now so that wont change really, but PE's with a herc could really help for mc/hc pe's

CMaster
17-03-05, 20:59
Indeed - lets analyse what this would do economically.
The DS,already the most valuable chip due to the game being monk-o-cron, would now be sought after by PEs and and Spies too.
SA, next most valuable at the moment would barely change. Maybe some pistol tanks would chase after it, but that is it.
Herc - would now be required in all HC/MC PE setups, and some spies might choose to use too.
Hawk - its possible some hightec PEs may use, but unlikley.
Riggers Dream - again, pretty much as is, used by droners and maybe some hightec PEs who chase after its +6 dex. Noone who doesnt already.

N3v3rM0r3
17-03-05, 21:00
So why was it again that MC5 chips got requirements to use them ?

cos i remeber that there was a day that you could use 'em in any char you wanted.

I know a few reasons why it could/ve gotten reqs (spy using shelter without drugs, PE becoming the ultimate fighter etc...)

But i stil like to know what the official reason was.

In a way i'd like to see the no-reqs versions of MC5 chips come back, cos it would open up alot of nice setups for diversity.

Tell me what you think :)

oh my !!!

tank with ligh belts

spy with .... ok i dont like this idea :P

N3v3rM0r3

Inchenzo
17-03-05, 21:17
Don't forget that not everyone will have mc5's in his/her setup, it would only open doors to new setups, not close them.

And i'm not worried about the economy, prices are already rising ingame seeing, as droning in mc5 is exploiting, so the chips are becoming rarer again (that's a good thing)

And this will only have effect on the drug use of chars, don't forget that most hardcore players already have spare Mc5's and for the casual players it isn't the biggest nescessity to have a MC5's, this just opens up diversity in classes.

(removing the req's on mc5-chips (like they were) would only remove burden, and make some setups more viable (such as HC pe, rifle tank.. etc..)

StryfeX
17-03-05, 21:38
I'm not sure that an 0/2 should get access to MC5s. I would like to see a skillrank requirement of at least /30 on them. I'm sure they could do it.

--Stryfe

Tostino
17-03-05, 22:02
I love this idea so much. I dont like the idea of a complete noob (char) useing it as soon as he gets out of MC5 so I would say put a req of /30 or /40 on it.

cornelius5
17-03-05, 22:03
logic , reason and looks hot in a long blue robe.

lacks all the above.

Jesterthegreat
17-03-05, 22:07
yawn...

make HC / MC PE's more viable?

both cap their weapons.

currently the classes are balanced (other than the effect of a PPU)... a major change like this wouldnt be good imo

sultana
18-03-05, 05:59
logic , reason and looks hot in a long blue robe.
Ta :p

About mc5 chips being implantable to help you level if they had no reqs... would you really risk having a 115 implant pop while your levelling? The extra points and levels they give aren't really worth the need for a 115 poke when your only /10, drugging while your levelling is far better. I actually never bother poking myself till I'm about /35ish cause I cannot be fucked getting poked.

Though a restriction of /30 or /40 is good, as the point of the no req chips is to create more diversity, rather then to help you level.

Inchenzo
18-03-05, 06:44
Yeah the /30 or /40 rank restirction sounds good.. time for a poll soon, or just ask for some official response from niddy, if they would consider this.

Jesterthegreat
18-03-05, 10:52
Yeah the /30 or /40 rank restirction sounds good.. time for a poll soon, or just ask for some official response from niddy, if they would consider this.

ugh...

this will ofer no real advantage barring less drugs... and possibly unbalances things...

sultana
18-03-05, 12:23
ugh...

this will ofer no real advantage barring less drugs... and possibly unbalances things...
dude, how can it possibly unbalance things? :p
I'd like to see my spy go around with inq1 on permanently without having to drug or something... well maybe rev would, he uses her more then I do :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
18-03-05, 13:09
Would you realy like to see shit like this running around?

Character Overview for MC5 HC SPY

Character Class: Spy
Sex: Male
Server: None
Ranking: 0/71

None

-----------Intelligence-----------
Max Skill: 100
Current: 93 -7
Skill: Hacking = 5 +5
Skill: Barter = 0 -8
Skill: PSI Use = 86 +5
Skill: Weapon Lore = 160 +8
Skill: Construction = 0 +0
Skill: Research = 0 +0
Skill: Implant = 20 +20
Skill: Willpower = 0 +0

-----------Strength-----------
Max Skill: 40
Current: 86 +46
Skill: Melee Combat = 128 +128
Skill: Heavy Combat = 150 +56
Skill: Transport = 16 +16
Skill: Resist Force = 91 +48

-----------Constitution-----------
Max Skill: 40
Current: 48 +8
Skill: Athletics = 55 +32
Skill: Body Health = 121 +42
Skill: Endurance = 10 +10
Skill: Resist Fire = 36 +0
Skill: Resist Energy = 39 +0
Skill: Resist X-Ray = 10 +10
Skill: Resist Poison = 30 +30

-----------Dexterity-----------
Max Skill: 100
Current: 106 +6
Skill: Pistol Combat = 12 +12
Skill: Rifle Combat = 0 -8
Skill: HighTech Combat = 95 +0
Skill: Vehicle Use = 0 -20
Skill: Agility = 230 +92
Skill: Repair = 0 +0
Skill: Recycle = 0 +0
Skill: Remote Control = 0 +0

-----------PSI-----------
Max Skill: 20
Current: 25 +5
Skill: Passive PSI Use = 56 +0
Skill: Agressive PSI Use = 0 +0
Skill: Mental Steadiness = 31 +0
Skill: PSI Power = 4 +0
Skill: Resist PSI = 0 +0

-------Character Inventory-------
Slot: Helmet - Inquisition Helmet 4
Influences: FIR: 43 PRC: 18 FOR: 16

Slot: Vest - Heavy Infiltration Suit v S-11a
Influences: XRR: 109 PRC: 22 FOR: 20 P-C: 12 DEX: 4 INT: -4 END: -20

Slot: Belt - Medium Energy Protection Belt
Influences: ENR: 48 FOR: 20

Slot: Trousers - Inquisition Trousers 4
Influences: FOR: 16 PRC: 18 FIR: 42

Slot: Boots - Heavy Duranium Boots
Influences: FOR: 23 PRC: 28 ENR: 30

Slot: Brain Chip - BioTech (M.O.V.E.O.N) CPU
Influences: STR: 3 CON: 3 M-C: 6 H-C: 6 TRA: 6 FOR: 8 HLT: 18

Slot: Brain Chip - Marine's CPU
Influences: STR: 5 CON: 5 M-C: 5 H-C: 5 TRA: 5 FOR: 10 HLT: 15

Slot: Brain Chip - Berserk Chip 3
Influences: M-C: 15 STR: 5 INT: -3 BRT: -8

Slot: Brain Chip - MC5 Hercules CPU
Influences: STR: 6 CON: 5 HLT: 15 M-C: 5 H-C: 5 TRA: 5 FOR: 10

Slot: Eye - Heavy CombatEye 3
Influences: H-C: 15 WEP: 8 M-C: -8 R-C: -8

Slot: Heart - Filter Heart 2
Influences: POR: 15 XRR: 10 CON: -5

Slot: Glove - Crahn Power Gauntlet
Influences: None

Slot: Spine - Strength Booster 3
Influences: STR: 5 DEX: -3

Slot: Headbone - BioTech Experimental Headbone
Influences: FOR: 20 PRC: 14

Slot: Chest - Bat Queen Chest Enforcment
Influences: END: 30 FOR: 20

Slot: Arm - Bat Queen Arm Enforcment
Influences: M-C: 40 FOR: 20

Slot: Leg - Experimental Leg Enforcement
Influences: ATL: 15 FOR: 13

Slot: Foot - Experimental Foot Enforcement
Influences: AGL: 14 FOR: 4

Slot: Shelter - Shelter
Influences: SHEL: 35

Slot: Deflector - Deflector
Influences: DEFL: 21

Slot: Combat - Melee Combat Booster 1
Influences: M-C: 5 HLT: 4 AGL: 3

Slot: Support - Spy Booster 1
Influences: HCK: 5 IMP: 4 AGL: 3

Slot: Resist - Basic Resist Booster 2
Influences: FOR: 15 HLT: 15 POR: 15

Slot: Drug - Beast
Influences: STR: 5 H-C: 25 AGL: 25 HLT: -10

Slot: Drug - XStrong
Influences: STR: 4 M-C: 20 FOR: 20 VHC: -20

Slot: Drug - Thyronol
Influences: STR: 3

Slot: Drug - Kri'nakh Nightshade
Influences: M-C: 40 AGL: 25 STR: 10 HLT: -15

Slot: Drug - Nightspider
Influences: PSI: 5 PSU: 20 IMP: 16 FOR: -15

Slot: Drug - Redflash
Influences: DEX: 5 AGL: 22 ATL: 17 PSU: -15
---------------------------------

CMaster
18-03-05, 13:30
Thats a scary setup man...
Why not just make it a pistol spy with all that shit though.
And nightshade is kinda expensive. Still, I can procure some Nightshade or mushrooms for those who want.

Genty
18-03-05, 13:31
I would, thats damn cool, although I prefer my Rifle / PPU Mish-Mash.

[TgR]KILLER
18-03-05, 13:37
the problem is that only clans and shit get the good setups and a moveon and a herc aint really the same -_- herc gives 3 more str and that does help. ds gives way more psi and +'s in psi skills then drugs do..

every rich char or a char in a huge clan who mc5 alot will all be the best cause they can get to the mc5 chips.. seen it happen in nc1 so don't go yelling that aint the case..

and belive me its hard to fight a pe with ds herc and sa when you aint got mc5's :rolleyes:

Original monk
18-03-05, 13:38
Ehhhh... dunno about this.

how can you not like this idea ? its good for PE's and its good for spy's and most important it doesnt boost monks ...

plus: spy's and pe's

neutral: tanks, monks

minus: none of em ...

@ TGR killer: whats the diffrence ? wealthy clans or individuals currently also have acces to only the best of the best gear ... richest people in neocron are the ones that dont do anything else day in day out then trading, caving and hunting ... like i did when i was still at school :P -> if you spend alot of time in neocron you get richer and you can afford better gear .. simple as that ..

Genty
18-03-05, 13:44
There should be some cheap knock off ones that don't give the same bonus's but can be used by all.

Original monk
18-03-05, 13:45
There should be some cheap knock off ones that don't give the same bonus's but can be used by all.

.. move on ? sf ? marine ? psicore ?

dunno :)

or you mean also ones witouth req's then ?

i understand what you mean ... you want a wider range of people to have acces to the boost the multiple mc5's gives you .. while now only people with cash or mc5's spare can use em ..

personally i would like it that you can fool around with setups more and the fact that the mc5's are harder to obtain make it that littlebit more exclusive .. littlebit more hilevelcontentish :)

dont think the idea is created to make a new higher standard in pvpland .. yust a more varied setup :)

Dribble Joy
18-03-05, 13:48
how can you not like this idea ? its good for PE's and its good for spy's and most important it doesnt boost monks ...
Like I keep trying to point out, I want balance, not a boost for my 'home' class.

Genty
18-03-05, 14:45
.. move on ? sf ? marine ? psicore ?

Like the move-on, no requrements but only a +3. For all the different types though.

Original monk
18-03-05, 15:28
Like the move-on, no requrements but only a +3. For all the different types though.

ow ic, that would be a welcome addition to our implant gamma yeah, at first tought i cannot find anything overpowerd about making such a collection of chips, maybe even with an epicquest that you can choose between at the end orso ? everyone should have acces to em then :)

this also makes me think about some other toughts i had the last few days :P

few things i miss are:

a epicpsispell that doesnt drop, sumthing like an xraybeam that look blue/white or sumthing and looks like a copbothit on impact (a beamlike hit but at the end it looks a bit like a blastspell or the ending of a holy parashockhalo)

a epicgatlingpistol !! or rifle ... 2 extra options when you have done the CM epic :) (especially a tl 75 speedgatlingpistol would be immense)

a smuggler somewhere in or near TH that sells psiboosters, there tech angels they have everything even vehicules ! except psiboosters :/

a missionsystem that give you more then 3 missions to choose from or atleast gives 3 diffrent missions everytime :) (or is that part of a timesink ? dunno)

and still .. if possible technically: a device that removes mods from slots :)

sorry inch for dropping these idea's in youre thread, but as i told you last night on skype, now i remember em i better post em immediatly lol :)

Capt. Rik
18-03-05, 15:39
a missionsystem that give you more then 3 missions to choose from or atleast gives 3 diffrent missions everytime :) (or is that part of a timesink ? dunno)

heh i'm working on a big mission system brainport idea at the moment, will be posting it in a few days

sultana
18-03-05, 15:46
KILLER']the problem is that only clans and shit get the good setups and a moveon and a herc aint really the same -_- herc gives 3 more str and that does help. ds gives way more psi and +'s in psi skills then drugs do..

every rich char or a char in a huge clan who mc5 alot will all be the best cause they can get to the mc5 chips.. seen it happen in nc1 so don't go yelling that aint the case..

and belive me its hard to fight a pe with ds herc and sa when you aint got mc5's :rolleyes:
Herc gives 3 more strength and con, moveon gives the (mainly) better subskills.

DS and Psi Core are exactly the same bar DS gives an extra +1 to your psi level.

How is fighting a pe with a Herc and a DS any different from fighting one without them?

Let's see, the pe with a ds can use haz/heat/br3... oh wait can already do that with a nightspider, and no pe is hitting blessed heal or even ressurect anytime time soon.
The Herc? Well any pe that has a herc and DS in, does not have any space for putting in a moveon... so what the Herc simply becomes a substitute for the moveon, not to mention the moveon gives a better positive to health. And of course, the extra +3 to stregth, but you can already do that by popping a drug.

edit: For a rifle/pistol pe, There's really no difference between the setups using a SA, SF, DS, Herc or SA, SF, Moveon, Proto

I just threw a couple of setups together in like 10 minutes, I'm not really sure about how to setup a pe with a ds and herc, but in my setups below (both are lowtech riflers for no particular reason), the one without the ds and herc gets alot better resists (alot more poison), same body health, athletics etc. And only uses a nightspider as a opposed to no drugs. The pe with the more mc5's will get a better percentage on shelter though.

edit: That setup may or may not be very close to what I have on my rifle pe atm :rolleyes: :lol:

Jesterthegreat
18-03-05, 17:28
blessed heal req's still the same?

this is a psi setup with 2 drugs and a DS in it (and alot of psi use).

hell a no PA judge PE could use this and sacrifice a moveon for a blessed heal (unless they changed the req's since neocron.ems.ru)

Dribble Joy
18-03-05, 18:07
How is fighting a pe with a Herc and a DS any different from fighting one without them?
The point is that while on their own they may not be bad, inconjunction with everything else, it's highly unbalancing.

Inchenzo
18-03-05, 18:29
blessed heal req's still the same?

this is a psi setup with 2 drugs and a DS in it (and alot of psi use).

hell a no PA judge PE could use this and sacrifice a moveon for a blessed heal (unless they changed the req's since neocron.ems.ru)

Neocron.ems.ru is sadly outdated, the reqs for a blessed heal got upped from ppu 85 to ppu 118 a long time ago, as a hybrid monk nerf (one that was nescessary)

The ress got upped from ppu 87 to ppu 111

So there's no way a PE can use this

They inserted the mc5 req ,cos back then your argument did count (back then you had ressurecting PE's on saturn), these days there's now way to get access to these high level spells.

With the current spells you might be able to use a holy damage boost sanctum, but that's it.

@dribble, show me how it unbalances, cos i've thought/looked it over alot and checked reqs and so on, pls tell me what i couldn't find.

/edit. for current spell reqs, check http://nc.synergyxr.net/list.php?cat=weapons :angel:

Mighty Mouse
18-03-05, 18:33
Pes can already use SLASHERS just to let u know but with druggs

Jesterthegreat
18-03-05, 19:22
Pes can already use SLASHERS just to let u know but with druggs

they can use DB sanc too...

2 psi drugs and your away

Inchenzo
18-03-05, 19:23
they can use DB sanc too...

2 psi drugs and your away

i said that :) , but it wouldn't really give you a big edge (but it would help you find stealthers :) )

hegemonic
18-03-05, 19:45
Keep REQs on chips that aren't Epics please. FFS KEEP REQS :)

Inchenzo
18-03-05, 20:09
Keep REQs on chips that aren't Epics please. FFS KEEP REQS :)

could you give me a reason why you think they should be kept ?

hegemonic
18-03-05, 20:20
could you give me a reason why you think they should be kept ?
Sure. I thought it was made apparent by other peoples' choices but the one that I will reiterate here is that the removal of requirements on imps (non-epics) will throw balance out the window.

The idea itself goes against the specialization of characters and when characters don't have to specialize it then makes no sense to even create separate classes with strengths and weaknesses in an RP world setup.

If that's the case why not remove caps on limiting abilities so we have a bunch of hybrid APU/PPU Tanks running around on the server with level 100 in STR/CON/DEX/PSI/INT? I tend to believe the reason we don't have that as the case is because it would just plain suck and PvP would be destroyed because no one except noobs have a possibility of dying. I'm not even going to touch upon the implication this would have on tradeskilling.

Inchenzo
18-03-05, 20:58
Sure. I thought it was made apparent by other peoples' choices but the one that I will reiterate here is that the removal of requirements on imps (non-epics) will throw balance out the window.

The idea itself goes against the specialization of characters and when characters don't have to specialize it then makes no sense to even create separate classes with strengths and weaknesses in an RP world setup.

If that's the case why not remove caps on limiting abilities so we have a bunch of hybrid APU/PPU Tanks running around on the server with level 100 in STR/CON/DEX/PSI/INT? I tend to believe the reason we don't have that as the case is because it would just plain suck and PvP would be destroyed because no one except noobs have a possibility of dying. I'm not even going to touch upon the implication this would have on tradeskilling.

Actually it wouldn't imbalance one thing, except maybe the economy :angel:

It would only lessen drug use, and create less cookie-cutter setups, it wouldn't imbalance the game in any way in class vs class pvp fights, it would certainly lessen drug use for some people.

On the specialisation issue; it's already been loosened up with the latest rifle/pistol/hc changes, you don't need ridiculous amounts of weapon lore anymore to cap aiming and such. (lot's more hybrid tanks on the way ingmae it seems)

Don't forget i'm not asking to set new caps on each char, so each class is still very different, there's no way you'll see a spy use a holy damage boost effectivly (btw he can already use it with doping).. and by opening up these chips, like they were in the beginning when they were introduced (when they were overpowered, cos of lower psi spells reqs) we might be able to see more different chars in op wars. And more tanks with Rifles and pistols and sorts. (they exist but not as many as i'd like to see)

And don't think it's easy to get a MC5 chip, see this as a option to breath some new life in your capped character, see this as high level content for capped chars. See this as the ability to give your character and this game more depth.

:angel:

[TgR]KILLER
19-03-05, 01:44
its imbalancing cause only the big ass pwnage clans can get more mc5's in their char so other people who don't have mc5's won't stand a change.. and now i aint drugging for fuck all.. more mc5's won't need drugs thats the point.. drug wise if you take all 100 drugs you would be pwnage not taking drugs in the count..

had exactly the same discussing more then a year ago when mc5's had no reqs and not gonna have this same bs discussion now. it is good how it is atm there is not a single reason why it should be changed only for the people who are bored and have more mc5's then they need laying in their cabinets.. if your bored then go to another game and stop fucking this one over tbh..

and now quiting this discussion before i get myself banned for trolling or whatever

Inchenzo
19-03-05, 02:44
KILLER']its imbalancing cause only the big ass pwnage clans can get more mc5's in their char so other people who don't have mc5's won't stand a change.. and now i aint drugging for fuck all.. more mc5's won't need drugs thats the point.. drug wise if you take all 100 drugs you would be pwnage not taking drugs in the count..

had exactly the same discussing more then a year ago when mc5's had no reqs and not gonna have this same bs discussion now. it is good how it is atm there is not a single reason why it should be changed only for the people who are bored and have more mc5's then they need laying in their cabinets.. if your bored then go to another game and stop fucking this one over tbh..

and now quiting this discussion before i get myself banned for trolling or whatever

First off, i got my MC5's without having a "big-ass clan" it was just me and one firiend, and we worked hard for it. So the "big-ass clan" comment doesn't add up.

Secondly, i'm not trying to fuck-up this beuatifull game, i luv it, and i'm not bored of it, not even close actually.

And if you read the first post you'll see it's a discussion,. at this moment i have heard nothing official about this, and there's now way for now that this would happen.

So pls just chill ok Killer ? I know your a nice guy.. There's nothing to worry bout.. yet.. (and if you really need your mc5's, i might even wanna help ya out)

sultana
19-03-05, 09:35
KILLER']its imbalancing cause only the big ass pwnage clans can get more mc5's in their char so other people who don't have mc5's won't stand a change.. and now i aint drugging for fuck all.. more mc5's won't need drugs thats the point.. drug wise if you take all 100 drugs you would be pwnage not taking drugs in the count..
Not quite sure how the "big ass pwnage" clans will benefit from this more then others, with my rifle pe without an sa I can most likely beat 9 out of 10 people who do have an mc5 chip in their head. If I could somehow fight my pistol pe who does have an sa in his head it'd be very close and go 50 50 each time.

Atm, it is those "big ass pwnage" clans who do have the mc5 chips for their characters where smaller clans do not. Right now, I'd have to say mc5 chips are becoming less and less needed for practically any setup. My hc tank doesn't need a herc, zerk 3 does just as well because you don't need masses of hc to cap your weapons, Pe's can simply drug and losses they get from not using an mc5, and it's not as if they'll suddenly be taking 5 drugs just to make for up it.

Monks do not need a ds anymore, their crahn glove acts as a ds basically, it makes up for any psi pool they lose for not using a ds. And lastly my spy doesn't use an sa anymore, I get more rc/tc from using a distance weapon 3.

So please, can you explain exactly how this unbalances pvp, in anyway, how when suddenly my rifle pe who doesn't even use an sa (that setup above, in my other post, is practically mine) will not stand a chance against someone from X clan using the other setup?