PDA

View Full Version : Weird shit always happens all at once

Monolithic
15-03-05, 17:10
Man, weirdness this week.

Joined a clan in Neocron. Next day I tried to start up my machine and it wasn't having it. Discovered some file system error had deleted every single file in the winnt\system32 folder. Except the ones starting with the letter 'A'.
Then I find out the disk check program that comes with win2k is pants. Eventually got it fixed up with a Linux disk check program. How weird is that?

Then found my Internet is going on and off. No idea why. Intermittent traffic is fine, but sustained traffic (such as oh, a mmorg for example) and it switches off for a few minutes.
So joined a clan and none of them have seen me since :(

Just applied for about 200 jobs (and hell I'll do em all at the same time! As long as I get paid before I collapse) and now NTL tell me their email server is going seriously weird. Email goes out, but nothing comes back.

My old phone went dead. Got a new one as part of the contract with the phone company. I don't care about all these useless options as long as it does the "phone" business, so I just said gimme a phone.
It arrived. Fuck me. I've seen bigger dominoes. Trying to actually use it is a fricking nightmare. I'm pressing like 3 buttons at once. How the hell anyone can hear me is a mystery - the mic is at my earlobe when I'm talking.

My mother's neighbour. After moving in 2 months ago and ignoring everyone (weird guy - he actually turned his back and incredibly walked sideways when he saw me in my mother's garden. Did the same to my sister when she went round with her kids. Never seen anything like it in my life) suddenly turns up at my mother's door ranting and raging. Threatened to kill her cat. Repeatedly used the term "shoot". Police came round, but did nothing, despite some weirdo scaring the crap out of a little old lady. I notice that the other neighbours (also with a cat) didn't get a spittle-crazy looney at their door. Could it be because they are two ladies of the alternative leaning who are both almost as broad in the shoulder as I am?
As far as anyone can work out from his demented ranting is a cat is crapping in his garden and he doesn't like it. Its actually fox droppings. The foxes love some plant the previous owner use to grow and its still in the garden. Guess this guy has never lived out in the country before. Or lived amongst grow-ups. No idea how to deal with this lil arsehole. If I handle him I'll be the one arrested.
Wonder how he'll react to the cows meandering across his front garden in a few months?

Born in the country, me. Grew up there. Then I moved to the city. To get away from the bloody animal shit :p

Bah. Back to trying to convince an employer that I'm a 35 year old junior developer. Bah and humbug. Doing your degree in your 30s and the world's your lobster... or it would be if it wasn't for the brick wall of ageism.
Maybe I'll take that job a charity offered in Nepal after all. At least ya know what's what when a Maoist rebel comes round with an AK74. (I heard they go to a big effort not to shoot foreigners. As a huge, pasty skinned Scot I got a chance of looking foreign :P )

Man, this ranting crap is fun. Think I'll try some more.
Tried it on my cat but he just purred and headbutted me. Why do cats do that? The headbutt I mean. Anyone who owns a cat will know what I mean.

darkservent
15-03-05, 17:16
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA thats a fun read. Oh me have had lost connection too from NTL....first time in like my 2 years with em. But do I have a story to tell abt them....just got off the phone with em with some shockin news. Am writing up the thread as we speak.

Bugs Gunny
15-03-05, 17:26
Jeez and i thought i was having a bad day :-)

Original monk
15-03-05, 17:28
At least ya know what's what when a Maoist rebel comes round with an AK47.

true :)

and yeah, weird shit always happens all at once :)

Monolithic
15-03-05, 18:05
And to cap it all I tried chewing some gum to relieve the tension and bit my tongue.

Erm, just noticed when you quoted me it changed AK74 to AK47. Oddness. By the way, I'm a FPS shooter fanatic and I know me guns. I know the difference between an AK47, AK74 and AK101 series. I also know you wouldn't want to fire an AKS74-M. It'll break your wrist :eek:
Never used real guns, don't want to and wouldn't know how to [ edited ]

Original monk
16-03-05, 13:52
And to cap it all I tried chewing some gum to relieve the tension and bit my tongue.

Erm, just noticed when you quoted me it changed AK74 to AK47. Oddness. By the way, I'm a FPS shooter fanatic and I know me guns. I know the difference between an AK47, AK74 and AK101 series. I also know you wouldn't want to fire an AKS74-M. It'll break your wrist :eek:
Never used real guns, don't want to and wouldn't know how to [ edited ]

bah now i didnt had the chance to read the edited part :)

but youre correct, changing the gun was my mistake ... i quoted you and accidentally removed a part of the message wich i quickly retyped ... accidents happen :)

i like guns also tbh, i dont always like what there used for (especially in nepal ..) but i like the guns emself yeah ... im no gunfreak tough so i dont know the diffrence between every type or subtype of gun hehe, ill pay better attention next time :)

Monolithic
17-03-05, 23:52
Finally back online.
Could a GM delete this thread? You should never write stuff when you're angry and I broke that rule. This rant tis kinda embarrassing now :(