PDA

View Full Version : The noob recyclable weapons...

Capt. Rik
14-03-05, 23:26
So, i've created a nice new rifle PE - never played a rifle user before so it's good fun!

Look up the weapon listings on nc.synergyxr.net and spot a nice TL6 Medicant Rifle in the list - looks like a good weapon to have until the Archer Companion Rifle (starting lazer rifle is shocking :eek: )

Look in Archers, not sold...ask on Help - find out it's recyclable only.

Look up the recipe and find its:

TL6 Mendicant Rifle 3x Metalplate, 1x Metalpipes, 3x Wire Junk

So as a 0/4 noob, whee can I get those ingredients? They're not dropped from the stuff in the lvl 1 sewers and i'm not able to kill anything higher. By the time I get out of the lvl 1 sewers i'll be far past the TL6 gun.

Anyone able to help me out?

Mr Kot
14-03-05, 23:30
Hehe, yeah it's frustrating that you outgrow a gun before u have the resources or money to obtain one.

The items you need do spawn randomly in rotten boxes all over the city and the world. Trouble is, whatever you want at any moment is always the thing that spawns the least.

Killing mechanical creatures (mechturtles, mechshells, cyberhounds etc.) drops the metallic junk too.

The gun is BPable tho. DM any online member of NNRA on Terra as we keep stocks of BPs of all newb weapons. Guns built from a BP are better quality than a recycled one.

The gun is really nice for a newbie tho. I had one on my rifle PE in beta ;)

Capt. Rik
14-03-05, 23:57
Well thanks to you and epoxy (who const'd for me) I have a nice shiny new rifle and it does indeed pwn!!

I did find most of the junk in the boxes as well. Honestly didn't think to look there lol :D

N3v3rM0r3
15-03-05, 01:33
hmm is better reach 13 dex and take the first assault rifle

u can spend the time to find components for recycle rifle, in lvl

N3v3rM0r3

Capt. Rik
15-03-05, 10:42
hmm is better reach 13 dex and take the first assault rifle

u can spend the time to find components for recycle rifle, in lvl

N3v3rM0r3

actually i disagree, the TL6 gun is way more fun than the TL2 Lazar Gun piece of crap you start with. I levelled up so much faster once i'd had the medicant rifle made.

Although wont get to use it long and it's so easy to reach dex 13 it's definately worth using

Bugs Gunny
15-03-05, 11:11
Those guns are overpowered, CRY NERF! :-)

BradSTL
15-03-05, 11:18
I'm actually not that big a fan of the Mendicant SMG, which has absolutely mind numbingly awful aiming in my opinion; admittedly, it occurs to me I haven't tried it since the WEP fix. The Mendicant Rifle, on the other hand, is a sweet gun, especially if you get a slotted one and mod it.

But whether or not they're worth the time it takes to scrounge the parts depends somewhat on where you're at. In the Military Base, the components for recycled weapons and armor practically rain from the sky; there are hundreds of rotten boxes in the main retail area alone. In the Dome of York, most of the wooden boxes aren't openable, but the level 1 storage areas have a ton of low-level robots to kill, all of which drop the parts for recyclable weapons. So no, trust me, it really is faster to get ahold of a Mendicant SMG or a Mendicant Rifle than to keep leveling up with the Lazar Gun/Rifle. And in beginner MC5, if it were possible to get a recycling tool (or when it becomes possible, when they finally fix the vendors), it'll be trivially quick and easy there; if nothing else, the malfunctioning sentry bots drop all the parts you need.

The problem in Neocron City is that there are no robots, period, for all that the homeless people complain about their jobs being taken by robots. So the only place you can find the parts are in rotten boxes, and there are fewer rotten boxes in Pepper Park, the Plaza, and Via Rosso combined than there are just behind the counter of the A&W in the Military Base.

You remember my suggestion that they redo the spawn lists for the various city dungeons? It's occurred to me since I wrote that that it makes absolutely zero sense for their to be mutants under Via Rosso, anyway, and the Abandoned Rooms are laid out as labs. They out to fill those up with two different lists of low-level robots instead of mutants. That'd not only be more consistent with the story and the artwork, it'd provide Neocron City people with the same advantage that the other two cities have when it comes to recyclables.

Capt. Rik
15-03-05, 11:54
Those guns are overpowered, CRY NERF! :-)

hehe is it possible to have an overpowered TL6 gun?

Considering the fairly limited usage time of these low level recyclable weapons they should be far far easier to get hold of.

I'd even consider emailing a brand new char all the recycling recipies as soon as they start the game. As far as I know the recipes is not present in-game without asking players

Inntal
15-03-05, 15:06
Its true that there are defenitely more boxes in the MB, and you get a lot of those ingredients in DOY lowlvl places, still it is quite easy to gather the materials for those weapons, e.g. there are many boxes in front of the plaza 2 Yo's and there are also quite a lot boxes in the cellars.
When I started a char on Mercury in NC city, it had been no problem at all to get those resources for the weapons.

The only problem for new runner would be the knowledge, as Rik said: they gotta know about these weapons and how you can build them, otherwise they have to use their mc5 weapons for quite a long time.

BradSTL
15-03-05, 16:19
So I got curious last night to see how the WEP changes affected the Mendicant SMG. I created a pistol spy, scrounged the parts for a Mendicant SMG before leaving MC5, quickly leveled up to the Mendicant SMG, and ran around for half an hour or an hour until I had it accuracy capped and at 158% damage.

It still sucks.

To get the aiming circle to close all the way I had to stand on top of the target. And even with the aiming circle closed all the way, on average half of the shots missed the target.

Why does this matter to me? Because I feel like these weapons should give you a feel for what it's going to be like when you cap low-tech pistols and rifles. Your last low tech pistol will be an SMG that looks just like a Mendicant, and you're going to be hunting players who look suspiciously like low level mutants. Your last low tech rifle will be an assault rfile that looks just like a Mendicant, and ditto. Granted, the players run around a lot more, and use a wider variety of weapons. But there are enough similarities that I tell people that if you don't enjoy hunting Aggressor Captains in the Abandoned Cellars (or Mutant Warriors in Abandoned Sidestreets) with a Mendicant Rifle (and a PPU teamed with you), then you're not going to enjoy running around Canyon Reloading Point with a Pain Easer (and a PPU teamed with you) a whole lot more.

But to me, the Mendicant SMG's range is so short that it's unaimable, and as a result it does a crappy job of giving you a feel for just how deadly SMGs can be. And there's so little distance between it (TL7) and the A&W Colt Budget (TL9) that if I were doing it for real, for keeps, I'd go straight from the Lazar Gun to the Colt Budget.