PDA

View Full Version : Staff Wanted

Nidhogg
10-03-05, 17:57
We have some open reporter positions for the Neocronicle and the Voice of the Resistance. Both magazines are currently under revision and the teams will be expanded, so we will soon have breaking news about how the story about Neocron and the Dome of York continues.

A reporter should have the following qualifications:
- Interest for investigation and writing
- Interest for roleplaying
- Interest for events and organizing/developing them
- at least 3 month of playing Neocron (knowledge of the world)
- 21 years or older
- Some talent in translating english<->german would be a nice addition, but isn't a condition

If YOU are interested to work with our team (freelancer or as member of the official Ceres Project) send a detailed application (including the information mentioned above) to Chenoa@reakktor.com

N

Dribble Joy
10-03-05, 18:28
I thought the Ceres project died?
Or did it just kinda go to sleep for a bit?

Obsidian X
10-03-05, 18:33
I thought the Ceres project died?
Or did it just kinda go to sleep for a bit?

Yeah, looks like its getting a rezz now! :p
Pity about the age restriction, again. :rolleyes:

/me puts on fake moustache to pretend he's 21

Notorious Fish
10-03-05, 18:47
Yeah, looks like its getting a rezz now! :p
Pity about the age restriction, again. :rolleyes:

/me puts on fake moustache to pretend he's 21

Why 21? and not 18? Are there legal restrictions on 18s and not 21s that I do not know about? I always though that when you hit 18 anything goes.

Skusty
10-03-05, 18:48
:angel: Nothing for me! To young :angel:

If i get 4MC5 chips of my choise and i tell my age!

Notorious Fish
10-03-05, 18:50
:angel: Nothing for me! To young :angel:

If i get 4MC5 chips of my choise and i tell my age!
Well I think with that comment we can just about figure it out.

CMaster
10-03-05, 19:28
OK. I could sort of see the reason for the 21 age reestrcition on GMs (but not reall). But on Neocronicle reporters?! WTF. I was just thinking up my reply when I realised this. Oh well, I will just have to keep spamming GM inboxes with event idea and so on. Hell, I even wrote some news style articles on here (check the "war coming to Terra" thread....

Skusty
10-03-05, 21:18
Well I think with that comment we can just about figure it out.
then start guessing! :p

Notorious Fish
10-03-05, 21:20
then start guessing! :p
You are 14 years of age.

Nidhogg
10-03-05, 22:45
Keep to the topic, please.

N

Jesterthegreat
11-03-05, 14:43
Why 21? and not 18? Are there legal restrictions on 18s and not 21s that I do not know about? I always though that when you hit 18 anything goes.

dont get into this again :p

18 is legal (contract signing age) in the UK, dunno about elsewhere

21 is KK's choice

Bugs Gunny
11-03-05, 14:51
Can i do the cartoon collumns ? I'm perfect for it :-)

Skusty
11-03-05, 15:15
You are 14 years of age.
Well....yes :p That dosent make me a noob :rolleyes: lol Now lets stick to topic :angel:

edit/ I know a dude that is 2 years younger than me and lots of guys that is 9 and 10 that plays NC :wtf:

aKe`cj
11-03-05, 15:16
Can i do the cartoon collumns ? I'm perfect for it :-)
..are you good at it as well? If yes, feel free to send me an example of your work ;)

btw.. chenoa posted a clarification on the "age 21 restriction" which I'm not going to translate in detail.. but basicly, what she said is:

The age restriction concerns possible Members of the ceres-project (full commitment/persistent engagement as a reporter for the neocron-media, who contribute articles on a regular basis, like RPing and might be interested in getting hands on planning/organising/running events for the story later). Complete freelancers can still help, regardless of age-restrictions. If you are interested to participate in this way (with your privat character-s), you are as well, free to contact me.
To clarify the issue: Those who meet the above criteria and participate as full members of the ceres-project will not do this on their private characters. :)

So basicly... if you aren't age 21+, but are interested in writing / translating content... there is a way to do so and we are all most happy 'bout it (if you're good at what you do..that is of course) :)

Bugs Gunny
11-03-05, 15:28
My drawing is of the same level as my CS aiming... you do the math :-)

No, i can't draw, but i have the name to be a cartoon collumn reporter...
Anyway, i'll try to contribute as a freelance journalist.
Maybe visit some stripclubs, talk to some famous people. All trip expenses paid by the magazine off course ;-)

Heavyporker
11-03-05, 18:54
Being a Neocronicle reporter means you get a separate account for the RP characters?

Chenoa
11-03-05, 19:08
Being a Neocronicle reporter means you get a separate account for the RP characters?

If you want to be a complete member of the Ceres Project and playing the Role of an official Reporter- you have the chance of it, yes. But it isnt needed. There are members and Freelancers... thats the different / the age thingy ..

Heavyporker
11-03-05, 20:05
Oh, rest assured I'm over 21.

I'm interested in being a reporter of course. It's just that... my character (s (*cough*)) are a bit well known.

Jesterthegreat
11-03-05, 22:23
All trip expenses paid by the magazine off course ;-)

not as a freelancer :p

sell your story... but your not employed :p

Morpheous
12-03-05, 05:15
A reporter should have the following qualifications:
- Interest for investigation and writing Check, written many RP stories
- Interest for roleplaying Check, don't do anything else ingame...
- Interest for events and organizing/developing them Check, helped organise a few and developed some both with other players and with GMs as a FCA
- at least 3 month of playing Neocron (knowledge of the world) Since NC1 Beta4 continuously.
- 21 years or older Nooooo! I'm only 13!
- Some talent in translating english<->german would be a nice addition, but isn't a condition Check... well, basics :)

If YOU are interested to work with our team (freelancer or as member of the official Ceres Project) send a detailed application (including the information mentioned above) to Chenoa@reakktor.com (Chenoa@reakktor.com)
I'm interested but.....
If it's for NDA (Age limit), then technically a parent or guardian can sign NDAs for under 18s/21s... ie, in NC2 closed beta, I got in, but I had to get a parent to click "I Accept" on the NDA section of the installer.

Or if it's for maturity.... well, age isn't a great measure of maturity. Or at least physical age isn't.

Morpheous
Phoenix Ltd - Director of Section 2
Faction Counsellor Assistant Untill KK Nerfed the FCs.

aKe`cj
12-03-05, 12:47
Or if it's for maturity.... well, age isn't a great measure of maturity. Or at least physical age isn't.

True... well, basicly true :)
Firstly I'd say there is a difference if you have to face consequenses (lawsuits and alike..) on your very own, as opposed to have someone else sign a piece of paper for you. Then, I can also understand that someone who picks up 8 apples, 4 red & 4 green, the finds 2 green apples are spicked with worms.. says: I only pick up red apples from now on. (just speculating on what I read here/in the GM-staff thread ;) )

The important question to me is, why is the 21+ age barrier important for you? If you want to enhance / push forward the neocron-media there's plenty of room to help and get involved :)
(in other words, those who mainly focus on getting a fancy rp-character wont survive long anyway)

Jesterthegreat
12-03-05, 16:03
(in other words, those who mainly focus on getting a fancy rp-character wont survive long anyway)

you said the same sorta thing on the GM recruitment thread (which had the same arguements about the 21 age limit)

cant you accept that some people wanna do something official and arent just in it for the "power"?

aKe`cj
12-03-05, 19:05
you said the same sorta thing on the GM recruitment thread (which had the same arguements about the 21 age limit)

cant you accept that some people wanna do something official and arent just in it for the "power"?

Accepting it? sure... I dont think I'll understand it tho'
I am either motivated enough to go w/o some batch/authority or I have reasons beyond the acctual area of work. Sorry if I was being inpolite or anything... :)

/e: concerning the quote you picked. That's not aimed at any one personally and I dont say, that people who dislike the 21+ barrier were all just out for the power... I was talking about people who had that motivation and little interest/passion for the acctual work. Hope that clarifies it a bit.

Jesterthegreat
12-03-05, 20:58
you seemed to imply that people that tried to do it officially were just after the glory or something... in both this and the GM thread.

fair enough if thats not what you meant (fair enough if it is... your opinion is your own).

Morpheous
12-03-05, 23:16
The important question to me is, why is the 21+ age barrier important for you? If you want to enhance / push forward the neocron-media there's plenty of room to help and get involved :)
(in other words, those who mainly focus on getting a fancy rp-character wont survive long anyway) It's important to me, because i'd like to help out in hands-on ways, and prefer that to just writing- also, because i'm interested in giving my help in all ways I think I am capable of... not just in my literary skills :)

Heavyporker
16-03-05, 00:45
Application away! :D