PDA

View Full Version : Community Update

Nidhogg
10-03-05, 00:26
Here's the second in an ongoing series of community updates which we hope will help to keep you all informed about the status of key issues. The list is generated by collecting feedback both from here and from the German community via Hermes which means the list is essentially directly from you guys. These threads by their very nature constitute forward-looking statements based on certain assumptions by management and are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. Basically, we only agree to share this information if you agree to realise that things may change outside of our control. ;)

Without any further ado...

Item Tracking

This is still on target for introduction with the international release. No change here.

Player Shops

Still on a back burner for now and the foreseeable future. This won't be forgotten though since it's obviously a key issue for the community.

Terra Model Corruption

Resolved. If anyone still has affected characters then they should create a support ticket and GM will fix them right up.

/edit - issues with "pink pants/shirts" should also be reported to a GM.

PayByCash Update

Resolved.

PayPal Option

This is still ongoing. I'll get a better idea of where this is once Holger is back from the GDC conference in San Francisco (well CEO's have to do something right? ;) ) This is one of the highest priority issues today so I'll push this one aggressively.

Theme Week Progress

Good progress has been made regarding HackNet bugs and balancing but more is to come once the international release is out of the way.

Newb Killing and Soullight

Still being considered for a Theme Weeks topic but let's finish the one we're on first. :p

Implant Drop

Resolved.

Official statement regarding macros

Up until now it's been informally stated that macros are not permitted. I can now make that official. All macros are prohibited, regardless of size or intention.

Mars belt drop

There will be no special belt drop rule for Mars or any other German server. Belt drop rules will remain as they are now and will be identical on all servers.

Trade Spam

The spam filter was fixed and is now in place. While we certainly wouldn't go as far as to claim that spamming has been eradicated, the spam filter is having some effect. ;) We'll address this again in the future if necessary.

WOC Items

Work is progressing on this and we aren't a million miles away from releasing the first set of new stuff.

Plan File

As I mentioned on a previous post, this won't come now until after the international release.

Sync bugs

Investigation has shown that many of these can be traced to problems server-side rather than the client or the connection. As you can see from the patch notes we're fixing server-side problems pretty regularly so we expect things to improve as we go along. Note that if you appear to be experiencing sync problems far in excess of others then the chances are that it is a connection problem in which case you should contact tech@neocron.com for assistance.

Memory leak

We're developing tools to find and fix memory allocation issues and we expect to see results in the next weeks. Memory leaks do exist but we are tackling them.

Test server

A closed test server for staff and volunteers to test the new opening missions should be available next week. Depending on progress we may ask certain community members to assist us with this testing. There are no firm plans for a general test server to be set up at this time.

Accessories

As I stated earlier today, accessories are some way down the priority list right now. However, our graphics department are geared up to create a wide variety of accessories in a fairly short space of time so once the programming issues are out of the way we should be able to move quite quickly.

PPU balance

You've seen two discussion threads so far in this area. This is something we're keen to investigate but we're not about to rush into a solution unless it's the right solution.

Merchandising

We don't have a great deal of information as to how this is going within 10tacle but we've been told something about cool t-shirts that feature "glow-in-the-dark" effects! We won't make any firm statements about that though until we actually get one on our backs. ;) Other items are also a possibility but there are no details as yet.

/me command

This won't be a big deal to implement and will be put on the roadmap for a future release.

Citycom faction descriptions

These are also now on the roadmap to be updated to reflect NC2.

Again, please remember that we are offering this information in good faith and the belief that it is correct "at the time of going to press". Also, please feel free to point out any discussion threads that you feel should be added to my hitlist.

N

(German translation to follow)

Inchenzo
10-03-05, 00:31
Great job niddy to bringing us up to date about everything,.

Btw, could you ask the guys over at reakktor to see if they could consider adding binoculars ingame ? :angel:

Tostino
10-03-05, 00:31
Sweet!! Thanks Nid

Xylaz
10-03-05, 00:32
what about the rokkwear?

Terra model corruption is supposedly fixed but we still have pink pants and blue shirts... what about those?

Tostino
10-03-05, 00:33
what about the rokkwear?

Terra model corruption is supposedly fixed but we still have pink pants and blue shirts... what about those?
Contact a GM in game and they will fix it.

Odin
10-03-05, 00:34
what about the rokkwear?

I "believe" those can also be fixed via tickets. But don't quote me on that one as I heard that via Carb and we all know he's on crack (kidding Carb kidding...ok so I'm not ;p).

Morganth
10-03-05, 00:38
Nice to hear about the test server, even if it is closed.

Dribble Joy
10-03-05, 00:40
Test server

A closed test server for staff and volunteers to test the new opening missions should be available next week. Depending on progress we may ask certain community members to assist us with this testing. There are no firm plans for a general test server to be set up at this time.

Excellent.
Invite or application?

MkVenner
10-03-05, 00:43
what he said

oh and nice btw

Nidhogg
10-03-05, 00:43
Excellent.
Invite or application?
To be announced.

N

Xylaz
10-03-05, 00:45
ok, i repeat my first question: what about the rokkwear?

Nidhogg
10-03-05, 00:48
Give me some time to find the answer to that one.

N

Mr Kot
10-03-05, 01:20
Ok, so i gather the "Mars belt drop" won't be happening.

Can someone enlighten me as to what the "Mars belt drop" was meant to be?

jernau
10-03-05, 01:25
Test server

A closed test server for staff and volunteers to test the new opening missions should be available next week. Depending on progress we may ask certain community members to assist us with this testing. There are no firm plans for a general test server to be set up at this time.Nice in general but that I particularly like. Keep it small and focused and make sure there are proper procedures in place and it might actually help.

@Kot - In NC1 the German server had different drop rules (no safe slot in warzones). I assume that means this didn't transfer to NC2 and that KK aren't planning to reinstate it either.

Freaky Fryd
10-03-05, 01:30
It's great to see an update like this! Thanks!

Nidhogg
10-03-05, 01:44
@Kot - In NC1 the German server had different drop rules (no safe slot in warzones). I assume that means this didn't transfer to NC2 and that KK aren't planning to reinstate it either.
Correct. The old Jupiter server worked slightly differently to all the other servers but that won't be carried through to NC2.

N

[TgR]KILLER
10-03-05, 01:45
tradespam.. well at least the spam filter is a complete joke.. i'v seen people spamming just like they always did. nothing changed at all cause there seems to be a way to get past it.

i can't even repeat a trade mssg in like trade nc and doy before i got the message.. and now lol can't even organise duels no more..

5.. 4.. 3... 2 spam.. spamm. spamm. spamm.. and like 10 seconds after it i could finally say go without ever seeing the 2 and 1.. its a joke :rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
10-03-05, 01:47
The drop changes were due to a rather unique series of events on Jupiter a long time ago, so they probably don't apply much now.
Which I generally support, but this is not the place to debate it, I just feel good it's gone.

Cor
10-03-05, 02:01
Cool, nice update, Thx Nid, but get the impression that alot will happen after the International release. so my question is when or about when is that release??

Jesterthegreat
10-03-05, 02:04
KILLER']tradespam.. well at least the spam filter is a complete joke.. i'v seen people spamming just like they always did. nothing changed at all cause there seems to be a way to get past it.

i can't even repeat a trade mssg in like trade nc and doy before i got the message.. and now lol can't even organise duels no more..

5.. 4.. 3... 2 spam.. spamm. spamm. spamm.. and like 10 seconds after it i could finally say go without ever seeing the 2 and 1.. its a joke :rolleyes:

you can post 1 message a second... so make the countdown last 5 secs :p

and im pretty sure kk are aware of how people get around the filter, i saw a runner telling a GM. if they arent a GM / mod can DM me and ill inform them (dont wanna post it here obv)

and re: test server - excellent. the NC1 open test server was used mostly to test setups... hopefully a smaller closed one will work better. i would say dont make it only kk staff / volanteers... players prolly know the bugs better than kk, and can test likely situations more efficiantly.

not sure if i'd prefer it to be application or invite, as long as it is used properly i dont think it will matter though.

Inchenzo
10-03-05, 02:04
last time i checked the international release of NC2 was the 25th of march 2005

Nidhogg
10-03-05, 02:26
That's the last Friday of the quarter but it's not the official release date, simply because we don't have one as yet. Naturally I'll let you know as soon as I know. ;)

N

Seven
10-03-05, 02:58
Awesome communication!
Many thanks. :cool:

paolo escobar
10-03-05, 03:31
<edited for being a muppet, and not reading the last few posts before replying. sry ppl>

Great news, thanx for the update. I cant wait for the int release :)

jini
10-03-05, 06:56
Great news about the test server. Nice one Gentlemen.

netster
10-03-05, 07:55
Good news!! thx nid for your research on so much questions!!!

Conduit
10-03-05, 11:48
Thanks for the update.
:)

Genty
10-03-05, 12:34
last time i checked the international release of NC2 was the 25th of march 2005

That's Good Friday, aka my 19th Birthday. :D

Jesterthegreat
10-03-05, 14:23
That's Good Friday, aka my 19th Birthday. :D

well comic relef = my BDay so i win :p

Superbron
10-03-05, 14:29
Nice! I hope all problems get solved.

Greetz

Terkantia
10-03-05, 15:32
thx a ton for all the info. Sweetness!!!

And I dont mean to sdeem out of line, but what is the /me command??

Selendor
10-03-05, 16:14
Investigation has shown that many of these can be traced to problems server-side rather than the client or the connection.

Damn looks like I lost a bet from 3 years ago, that KK would ever admit the synch problems were not our fault...luckily the guy has left already so nothing to pay (either that or he's stuck in a really loooonngg sync) :lol:

Still, good update there, nice to see things are being thought about, even if we don't have a date for them. Keep up the good work Nidhogg....and KK, please hurry up and train that new coder, he can't keep making the tea for ever ;)

Nidhogg
10-03-05, 16:38
And I dont mean to sdeem out of line, but what is the /me command??

/me thinks Terkantia missed that thread...

* Nidhogg thinks Terkantia missed that thread...

N

Bugs Gunny
10-03-05, 16:55
Terk, that's for all those people in NC that are going to have cybersex. Now they can act it out what they can't do in their emotes :-)

Selendor
10-03-05, 17:14
Nid, can you please ask the devs to code it so that instead of:

/me

you have to type:

/me /me /me

Would be more in line with the Neocron community that we all know and love.. :angel:

Crazy Russian
10-03-05, 17:25
when is the internationl release due? it seem like almost everything is riding on this

Morganth
10-03-05, 19:51
Nid, can you please ask the devs to code it so that instead of:

/me

you have to type:

/me /me /me

Would be more in line with the Neocron community that we all know and love.. :angel:

You know I think rather than me putting everything funny you say in a siggy, that we should create a thread of your quotes instead :lol:

Maester Seymour
15-03-05, 15:57
PayPal Option

This is still ongoing. I'll get a better idea of where this is once Holger is back from the GDC conference in San Francisco (well CEO's have to do something right? ;) ) This is one of the highest priority issues today so I'll push this one aggressively.

Is Holger back now?

If so, Any extra info about the paypal payment option you can give us now, Nid??

Cancelled 1 of my NC accounts earlyer today due to problems with click2pay (still waiting for a reply from account@neocron on cancelling the second one though). I'm hoping to use paypal to renew them both when its available so any additional info on it would be greatly appreciated. :angel:

Preach
15-03-05, 16:06
Glad to see we are bringing it home for the big win, two wiggley thumbs up for the update

Xylaz
15-03-05, 16:20

Give me some time to find the answer to that one.

N

i repeat it again... is it completely forgotten and this topic is deliberately ignored or is there any chance that our characters, the ones transfered from nc1 will have the ability to change their sexy latex clothes into something more... different?

Nidhogg
15-03-05, 16:27
As soon as there is any change in the PayPal situation I will post it here. I'm "aggressively" following this one.

N

enigma_b17
15-03-05, 16:30
does that mean ur going after them with ur hammer :P ?

Nidhogg
15-03-05, 16:37
i repeat it again... is it completely forgotten and this topic is deliberately ignored or is there any chance that our characters, the ones transfered from nc1 will have the ability to change their sexy latex clothes into something more... different?
I'm afraid there's no news regarding the Rokkwear terminals. Other issues are much higher up the priority list atm but as soon as there's movement I'll post it in an update.

/edit

does that mean ur going after them with ur hammer :P ?
Let's just say I'm practicing on Metal Gear Solid 3 atm. ;)

N

Maester Seymour
15-03-05, 16:51
As soon as there is any change in the PayPal situation I will post it here. I'm "aggressively" following this one.

N
okie dokie :)

Superbron
15-03-05, 17:00
I've reactivated one of my accounts this week and I must say that the payment (with Click2pay) went very smooth this time. I didn't expect it to go this well. I am even considering changing the location in my profile :) Anyway: I hope the problems with Click2pay have been solved for everyone.

Greetz

Ultazha
05-04-05, 11:24
It's been a month since this thread started.
International Release has been/is/will be done (sorry but nothing is really clear on this subject).

Can we have an update of the Community Update ? :)

Thanks.

Dribble Joy
05-04-05, 12:22
We were told a while ago that we would get an update tomorrow, which was last week.
Any news now?

Nidhogg
05-04-05, 13:21
Things are in flux at the moment as there has been some movement on the U.S. release which is obviously great news but also complicates matters. I don't have any more details at the present time but I hope to be able to share something by early next week. I'll post it earlier if possible.

N

naimex
05-04-05, 13:32
Things are in flux at the moment as there has been some movement on the U.S. release which is obviously great news but also complicates matters. I don't have any more details at the present time but I hope to be able to share something by early next week. I'll post it earlier if possible.

N

.... what US release?

I thought it was asian...

Jesterthegreat
05-04-05, 13:33
i assume they are going to release it in the US...

maybe they are negotiating with Atari / others for a release there too at the mo.

enigma_b17
05-04-05, 13:51
im curious with these releases are there going to be a whole load of new servers?

Bugs Gunny
05-04-05, 13:54
Nope, just players.

Ultazha
05-04-05, 13:55
Nope, just players.

And CDs

[TgR]KILLER
05-04-05, 13:56
im curious with these releases are there going to be a whole load of new servers?

for the asian yes. they will get brand new servers outside from ours so it wown't affect us at all. maybe only if it sells so well kk gets more cash and we get more stuff ;)

US always played on "our" servers so i gues that will say the same. i don't think they will build any brand new servers for the euro / us thing unless terra and the other servers that are there atm are gonna get overloaded.

darkservent
05-04-05, 23:31
KILLER']
US always played on "our" servers so i gues that will say the same. i don't think they will build any brand new servers for the euro / us thing unless terra and the other servers that are there atm are gonna get overloaded.

And thats a time to roll on the 1 slot International.

Vryce
05-04-05, 23:50
And thats a time to roll on the 1 slot International.

Make Mars International.......

Selendor
06-04-05, 00:38
Ah, the murky world of release scheduling, at the mercy of the publisher...

I hope KK's programmers are using this delay to improve the game as much as possible, and that they consider deploying their patches before the release is done, so as to squash the inevitable bugs first.

Speaking of programmers, where is that second one KK recruited after xmas...seems to have been very quiet about him...is he still there?

Jesterthegreat
06-04-05, 13:01
Ah, the murky world of release scheduling, at the mercy of the publisher...

I hope KK's programmers are using this delay to improve the game as much as possible, and that they consider deploying their patches before the release is done, so as to squash the inevitable bugs first.

Speaking of programmers, where is that second one KK recruited after xmas...seems to have been very quiet about him...is he still there?

4 months of trainin without droppin by to say "hello" so far... :eek:

naimex
06-04-05, 13:53
4 months of trainin without droppin by to say "hello" so far... :eek:

hes locked away in the dungeon, so he can get the long hair and strong beard required for him to be baptised in the name of kinder chokolade, coffee, and abnormal working hours.

Ninjano2002uk
07-04-05, 15:34
no there wont be any new servers unless there are shitloads of people & they need more space for them :P

sanityislost
07-04-05, 17:37
Yay! news about the /me command....woot!

SiL ..:..

optiplex
12-04-05, 03:42
NOOO :( wanted more asian peopel on ENG serverrr :( theres only like .4% population of us asian people :P

Ultazha
13-04-05, 16:14

N

A big "c'mon Nid" to support you in your job ;)

Ultazha
03-06-05, 17:06
I know that this thread is becoming old but as it was a sticky not long before, it's not really a bump that i'm doing... a reminder in some way...

So if i understand well, international release has been made (in UK only as far as i know) if i read well this forum.

N

So ?.. any updated community update now ?

Please..

enigma_b17
03-06-05, 17:17
International Release includes pretty much everywhere but america, as apparently theyr not part of all nations of the world.

Nidhogg
03-06-05, 17:48
Actually this is quite good timing. I'm currently working with the guys in the office to prepare for the next plan file which should be published within the next couple of weeks (should everything go to plan). ;)

N

Ultazha
03-06-05, 19:22
International Release includes pretty much everywhere but america, as apparently theyr not part of all nations of the world.

That does not include France and other french speaking countries at the moment. French is one of the 3 official language of NC with english and german...

Actually this is quite good timing. I'm currently working with the guys in the office to prepare for the next plan file which should be published within the next couple of weeks (should everything go to plan). ;)

N

Thank you for the answer.