PDA

View Full Version : Your Ideal MMORPG (leave your ideas)

Digital-Talios
09-03-05, 23:48
I thought it would be fun for people to talk their prefect MMORPG that will more then likely never be built. Here are some of my ideas to get everyone started.

MMORPG background
This MMORPG is based on a dense cyberpunk atmosphere. The game spans from Earth through the planets of the solar systems to far flung outposts. The MMORPG contains many features from other MMORPGs and a few new ones.

Raising attributes and obtaining skills
Attributes:
There are no attributes of any kind to level. Basic attributes can be raised however through various levels of implants. Attributes can also be temporarily raised or even lowered by using drugs.
Basic attributes include:
Intelligence
Dexterity
Strength
Constitution
Skills:
Skills are required to perform various activities. These skills can be acquired by “uploading” the knowledge from discs directly into a person’s brain. This “uploading” time is based upon the tech level of the disc and the user’s ability to absorb the information at a safe pace.

Factions and player ran organizations
Factions:
The factions are the main political force in people’s lives. The number of factions will be few to allow greater amount of people in each one. To have too many
(ex. a dozen) will cause the population to be spread out too thin. The faction leadership will be run by the players themselves. The player ran factions decide on the future of the game. In essence these factions are giant player clans. Also these factions don’t have preset ally, neutral or enemy lists. The players determine these themselves.
Player ran organizations:
These organizations are setup and ran strictly by the players. The organizations aren’t as powerful as the factions and often act as pirates or bands of thieves. These organizations are often seen as societies on the fringe of humanity.

Locales domestic and foreign
Domestic:
Sol
Sol is the name of our solar system. The primary territory of the factions is located within this system.
Earth
Earth is the home world of humanity. It has been humankind’s cradle of life since the dawn of creation. Humans however haven’t been good shepards of their world. Earth has through the wars turned it into a hostile barren wasteland. Humans primarily live in massive protective cities.
Earth possesses many locations. There are five cities to visit. They are San Francisco, New York City, Berlin, London, and Tokyo. Players may also exit these cities and explore a limited area around the city. These wastelands contain potential places to place mobs, resources, and other desirable items but in hostile areas.

Throughout the solar system there are many other places to explore. Interplanetary travel is very important. People can travel in between each planet. These spaceship travelers can visit space stations, exploit space resources, raid passing ships or guard against pirates. Other planets in the solar systems are also reachable. Each planet has its own characteristics, resources, and what not.

Cyber-COM
Cyber-COM is the primary communications network within the game. This system is used for e-mail, accessing basic “real world” websites like player sites, accessing the solar stock and trade page, community forums, faction missions, player to player missions like bounty hunting, assassinations, and a whole host of other useful tools for players.
Cyber-COM. also provides players the ability to hack the network. Once they are able to hack it they may gain access to knowledge databases, procure items directly from Cyber-COM, compromise security from factions, rare items, or any other thing found within the Cyber-COM network.

Economy
Player to player trading
Player to player trading works through Cyber-COM trade section. A person looking for a wanted item searches the pages of the trade channel. Once they find what they want them simply buy it off of the channel. The item is then teleported from the seller’s storage area to the buyer’s selling area.
Item origins
An item is created from a faction. Typically a faction would have a research and development section within its infrastructure. These constructors would use a blueprint copy from the faction. The blueprint copies are copies made from masters. These master blueprints may be bought, found, or stolen from other factions to construct the item wanted. :)

Jesterthegreat
10-03-05, 01:40
system shock 2...

multiplayer...

in a big ass world with multiple citiies (not like NC... like big ass cities :p)

MkVenner
10-03-05, 02:44
yeah SS2, Deus Ex or mebbe tribes...

HUGE world, so big itd take months of continious roaming to see it all

or, NC2, but the whole of earth, mars, and the moon colonies available (i still think the back story to NC is great)

nobby
10-03-05, 19:42
My ideal MMO game would have to be...

well, it would need the world engine of shenmue, the engine for Gran Turismo, the source engine for physics and the geomod of red faction...ahh!
all that put together would be the game of our dreams.

mishkin
11-03-05, 01:06
Pre-apocalyptic MMO.

The world is at the brink of destruction, you have 6 months to do something to stop it, or to make it happen, whichever you want. To reach one of these goals you have a load of different options, you can assassinate people to shift the balance of power, you can be a politician and make good/bad choices (Yes, you can be evil if you want to). Anything goes, and every 6 months the game resets, so you can watch another world get saved/get blown up by a nuclear war. Possible expansion: Another server, that acts as the continuum of the first one, ie you experience the continued flow of time from where the first one left off, so if the world goes bye bye, you can help rebuild it, say in a year or so... Hell, you can try and destroy it even more if you want to :D

What ya think? I think it'd be kinda hard to make a game like this atm, but maybe in a few years... ;)

Digital-Talios
11-03-05, 21:45
Pre-apocalyptic MMO.

The world is at the brink of destruction, you have 6 months to do something to stop it, or to make it happen, whichever you want. To reach one of these goals you have a load of different options, you can assassinate people to shift the balance of power, you can be a politician and make good/bad choices (Yes, you can be evil if you want to). Anything goes, and every 6 months the game resets, so you can watch another world get saved/get blown up by a nuclear war. Possible expansion: Another server, that acts as the continuum of the first one, ie you experience the continued flow of time from where the first one left off, so if the world goes bye bye, you can help rebuild it, say in a year or so... Hell, you can try and destroy it even more if you want to :D

What ya think? I think it'd be kinda hard to make a game like this atm, but maybe in a few years... ;)

Eh I think it sounds kinda boring =( Every 6 months there would be a character wipe?

Lothar IB
11-03-05, 23:05
I'd like to see the Rifts multiverse made into an online game setting. Might be insane undertaking however trying to balence everything 8|

PLay wise it would be more like neocron/fps style.

Chat more like WoW.

Command structure like MPBT.

Stable like pong :)

Ninjano2002uk
11-03-05, 23:54
I say a Mario MMORPG :P

darkservent
12-03-05, 00:16
My ideal MMO game would have to be...

well, it would need the world engine of shenmue, the engine for Gran Turismo, the source engine for physics and the geomod of red faction...ahh!
all that put together would be the game of our dreams.

And dont forget it would be played by a connection with near 0 problems and the speed of lightx10 to the power of 100