PDA

View Full Version : RoC name violation

John.nl
09-03-05, 20:21
Oh my you guys are strict. Well I leave it to KK to give my char a name. Better safe than sorry I suppose. If I like the name I even might renew the account.

Lol, my real name is even more offensive when pronounced in German (hint, it is a Swiss name).

Hello john,

Account Name: [...]
Character Name: Clint Toris
New Name Choice:
Alternate Name Choice:
Alternate Name Choice #2:

It has recently come to our attention that some names in Neocron 2
heavily violate the Rules of Conduct. This email is to inform you that
your name is one of those that does not abide by the Rules of Conduct.
We are hearby requesting that you submit a new name within the next 24
hours or a new name will be chosen at random by office staff. We
apologize for the inconvience. Please note that if you have a
cancelled/expired account we do request that you still submit a name
in case you choose to return to Neocron in the near future. Thank you
for your cooperation. When you choose your new name please also add 2
alternate name choices in case your first choice is already in use.

--
Best regards,

Notorious Fish
09-03-05, 20:23
Oh my you guys are strict. Well I leave it to KK to give my char a name. Better safe than sorry I suppose. If I like the name I even might renew the account.

Lol, my real name is even more offensive when pronounced in German (hint, it is a Swiss name).

how is that strict? i could have told you it was gonna get changed a long time ago if you told me that name.

Thats like saying your strict for making me change Bulgin Penis

Odin
09-03-05, 20:30
I'm getting quite the lesson in the volume of names to sort through. As I'm doing this on top of my normal hours. Volume is high enough for Terra alone that I figure by the time myself and Plasmastorm are done that server the list will be well over 500 names.

El Jimben
09-03-05, 20:34
Not being funny but, haven't you guys got anything better to do? Names that are racist etc I can appreciate but do you really get that many whiney e-mails along the lines of 'Onoz, some uber guy was making fun of me, then PKed me again and again, And he was an ally :eek: Oh, and he had a naughty name o_O '

Gimme a break!

John.nl
09-03-05, 20:40
how is that strict? i could have told you it was gonna get changed a long time ago if you told me that name.

[...]

You could but unfortunately you didn't told me when I posted the name a while ago.

Notorious Fish
09-03-05, 21:04
You could but unfortunately you didn't told me when I posted the name a while ago.

oh ya.. i remember that.. my bad dude

Notorious Fish
09-03-05, 21:04
Not being funny but, haven't you guys got anything better to do? Names that are racist etc I can appreciate but do you really get that many whiney e-mails along the lines of 'Onoz, some uber guy was making fun of me, then PKed me again and again, And he was an ally :eek: Oh, and he had a naughty name o_O '

Gimme a break!

Er dude what are you talking about?

zii
09-03-05, 21:32
Whats wrong with Clint Toris? - Perhaps I cannot read through this disgusting anagram, or someother mild sexual inuendo, or am I just too liberal?

Perhaps killing each other through the streets and slaughtering evil monsters with blood spilling from their sides is not strong enough?

Will I be allowed to name my character after the Brussels' metro station Kunst Wet, or should I translate it into French as Arts Loi, so that it is read in an inoffensive fashion? Perhaps we should ban foreign souding names such as George Fuchs; Its very similar to fucks you know and is pronunced the same way in English, although George might think that he's fucking foxes.

I suppose that this all depends how offensive a name is, and what the criteria is? Would you list what criteria a name has to meet to be considered offensive, and list any waiver conditions?

Have you taken time from another project or support-ticket to solve this evil name problem, because I've had an outstanding ticket now for over a month that stops me from my character from logging in (#609796), and I've heard nothing about it. Please could you divert some Name-Changing-project time to mending my character so that I can play with it?

Regards, Zii.

zii
09-03-05, 21:36
Er dude what are you talking about?

He's saying that people who were PKed then complained that the PKer had an offensive name. That they used an unrelated channel to complain with so that the person got greif from KK instead from the person who was PKed, when in fact the person who was PKed was at fault - he did defend himself well enough and died. However, I doubt that KK took an action on such a silly thing because someone greif-complained. I suspect that it is simply what they have observed on the server.

Notorious Fish
09-03-05, 21:40
Whats wrong with Clint Toris? - Perhaps I cannot read through this disgusting anagram, or someother mild sexual inuendo, or am I just too liberal?

Perhaps killing each other through the streets and slaughtering evil monsters with blood spilling from their sides is not strong enough?

Will I be allowed to name my character after the Brussels' metro station Kunst Wet, or should I translate it into French as Arts Loi, so that it is read in an inoffensive fashion?

Have you taken time from another project or support-ticket to solve this evil name problem, because I've had an outstanding ticket now for over a month that stops me from my character from logging in (#609796), and I've heard nothing about it. Please could you divert some Name-Changing-project time to mending my character so that I can play with it?

Regards, Zii.
Regardless they say change it, you say how fast.

Terayon
09-03-05, 21:50
Ya, i have to rename my tank from canadian cripple aswell. I just hope i sent a reply fast enough for it to be changed to somthing i want. I havent updated my sig in like half a year.

Jesterthegreat
09-03-05, 22:17
better check the old hotmail account then... im guessing they wont like Stealthen Whoren...

:edit: nothing yet...

Mr Kot
09-03-05, 23:06
better check the old hotmail account then...

Good idea, especially as hotmail put email from new addresses into the junk folder.

I just checked mine, and i don't believe it...... some jobsworth has taken exception to Cupid Stunt :mad:

When I read this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1771458) i was under the impression that only obvious names would be targetted and subtle ones left alone. Now i come to think of it..

Were only going after the obvious over the top ones.
Does anyone reading this think that either Clint Toris or Cupid Stunt is "obvious and over the top"?

God, i hate choosing names... :mad:

Morganth
09-03-05, 23:07
better check the old hotmail account then... im guessing they wont like Stealthen Whoren...

:edit: nothing yet...

haha I like that name. Somehow I think only some members of the support staff won't like it :D .

Odin
09-03-05, 23:11
Does anyone reading this think that either Clint Toris or Cupid Stunt is "obvious and over the top"?

Yes. In fact it's devoid of any imagination whatsoever.

Only the C's have been emailed to this point. Through G will be emailed by Friday.

Mr Kot
09-03-05, 23:38
it's devoid of any imagination whatsoever.

aww, i'm hurt by that :(
It took quite a bit of imagination... in roman mythology, Cupid was the son of Venus who is supposed to bring love into all our lives. A "stunt" is what melee tanks are supposed to be good at: a trick or daring manoeuvre. The combination only came to light when "Cupid" reminded me of a character on the Kenny Everett show way back when. Damn funny show too. Didn't the two ronnies base a lot of their humour around word play and spoonerisms? It was a family show and not offensive.

John.nl
10-03-05, 00:07
Yes. In fact it's devoid of any imagination whatsoever.

Only the C's have been emailed to this point. Through G will be emailed by Friday.

This whole naming thing is spiraling into absurdity but I'll take it lightly, contemplate on my sig and maybe something beautiful emerges from the effort KK is putting in this witch hunting instead of into more pressing open issues this game has.

Care to change my forum name as well? 'John.nl' might read 'John Anal'. I'm sure your devoided imagination already thought of that.

Ascension
10-03-05, 00:10
Care to change my forum name as well? 'John.nl' might read 'John Anal'. I'm sure your devoided imagination already thought of that.
rofl :lol: hes certainly got a point! maybe Ascention could read Ass Extention :rolleyes:

we are alloud to use strong language in game.. ive done it before.. Ive swore on OOC and people are like 'omg gm' and lupus and a few others have said that its a cyber punk mmo get over it.. Now i think you guys should get over it :rolleyes:

Odin
10-03-05, 00:19
This whole naming thing is spiraling into absurdity but I'll take it lightly, contemplate on my sig and maybe something beautiful emerges from the effort KK is putting in this witch hunting instead of into more pressing open issues this game has.

Right cause I have anything whatsoever to do with coding right? All the names that have been pulled so far would not have made it in any other MMORPG and are clearly obvious and intentional despite your claims otherwise. Were basically cleaning up names that should have been cleaned up a while ago.

Ascention while strong language is allowed using it on a constant basis would not be and by using it in names/clan names etc would be abusing such lenience.

Freaky Fryd
10-03-05, 00:24
Has anyone seen how long it takes for the name change to go through?
I'm not anxious, just curious...
:D
(Mailed my name change off at 9am EST today, still nothing by 5pm for those that are interested.)

Also, will the starter apt password be changed automatically?

Odin
10-03-05, 00:26
Has anyone seen how long it takes for the name change to go through?
I'm not anxious, just curious...
:D
(Mailed my name change off at 9am EST today, still nothing by 5pm for those that are interested.)

Also, will the starter apt password be changed automatically?

I'm giving people an appropriate amount of time to email back. The first round of changes might not happen until Monday. Right now mails are being sent out. Plus it takes time to scan through every name on the Terra server.

John.nl
10-03-05, 00:37
Right cause I have anything whatsoever to do with coding right? All the names that have been pulled so far would not have made it in any other MMORPG and are clearly obvious and intentional despite your claims otherwise. Were basically cleaning up names that should have been cleaned up a while ago.

Ascention while strong language is allowed using it on a constant basis would not be and by using it in names/clan names etc would be abusing such lenience.

I'm sorry you took it personally. I understand you are the name authority and I don't dispute your prerogative to do whatever you find necessary about names deemed offensive.

I respect the games rules and accepted the consequences of the name I carried. I do not play any other mmorpg and I haven't claimed anything.

Please lets lighten up on this. Besides, did you know 'Odin' used to travel incognito between mortals as 'Vak'?

So what the vak is this all about. Go change your name.

Odin
10-03-05, 00:39
Please lets lighten up on this. Besides, did you know 'Odin' used to travel incognito between mortals as 'Vak'?

So what the vak is this all about. Go change your name.

Oh god don't get me started on my name. That was definately not my choice :) As you'll notice Mods have to adhere to a specific name set and since I started here as a moderator in Jan 2000 that be what I am stuck with.

Nidhogg
10-03-05, 01:08
Oh god don't get me started on my name. That was definately not my choice :) As you'll notice Mods have to adhere to a specific name set and since I started here as a moderator in Jan 2000 that be what I am stuck with.
It does suit you though. :p

N

Jesterthegreat
10-03-05, 01:33
As you'll notice Mods have to adhere to a specific name set

not all of em...

people such as Danae kept their old names, lupus i assume chose his name and got to keep it, is snowcrash part of mythology? not that i know of.

however most do follow the trend

Odin
10-03-05, 01:39
not all of em...

people such as Danae kept their old names, lupus i assume chose his name and got to keep it, is snowcrash part of mythology? not that i know of.

Lupus was never a mod. Danae was briefly under another name. Although quite a few mods have gone on to staff including myself, Carbonite, Danae, Dafire and I'm probably missing one or 2 offhand. However I pretty much established myself as "Odin" for the longest time so it pretty much stuck.

dhsfiend
10-03-05, 02:47
I find the name The Pussy Club offensive. You gonna change that now? As a female who plays this game I find that degrading to all women.

And the whole name changing bit, is this game not for mature gamers? I see on my old NC1 manual it has a big M on it for Mature. Why don't we all grow up?

Morganth
10-03-05, 02:49
I find the name The Pussy Club offensive. You gonna change that now? As a female who plays this game I find that degrading to all women.

And the whole name changing bit, is this game not for mature gamers? I see on my old NC1 manual it has a big M on it for Mature. Why don't we all grow up?

Now I'd like to see how KK handle this one. :lol:

Odin
10-03-05, 03:39
Now I'd like to see how KK handle this one. :lol:

Simple. Pepper Park is an avoidable place. They simply don't have to do to that area. And Neocron is rated as low as 12+ in some regions.

Mr Kot
10-03-05, 04:21
So can Messrs Toris and Stunt keep their names as long as people don't have to be in the same room as them?

Freaky Fryd
10-03-05, 04:32
The Pussy Club can't follow you around, and you always know where it is...
;)

dhsfiend
10-03-05, 04:55
Simple. Pepper Park is an avoidable place. They simply don't have to do to that area. And Neocron is rated as low as 12+ in some regions.

But I am Pro-city and I need to get some mods for my ppu spell. I have to go by there. Not the answer I am looking for.

See how silly this is?

Seven
10-03-05, 04:59
One of my alts is named after a baseball player.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/pirateslive/qanda/s_191064.html

http://www.baseball-reference.com/k/kuntzru01.shtml

Morganth
10-03-05, 06:34

You tell me how many accounts there are on the entire Terra DB and I'll work out the probability of you running into one of them on a regular day (i.e. 200-300 people online). Now, the chance of someone going into one of the PP areas and seeing that sign is MUCH higher than you running into, say, Seeman Stains (thats if he still plays :p ).

Bozz-Von Mel
10-03-05, 06:40

Yeah, it is supposed to be a mature game.

I hope they dont research my names too much. Some people might find it offensive if they know history, but I simply took the names from authors of books that I had to read.

I vote Mr Kot keeps Clint.

Terayon
10-03-05, 07:46
Why do people find changing their names such a big deal? Do you people just like to argue?

That and you dont have to walk past the pussy club. Take the route from the ind area. Or take the gr deeper in PP. Unless my memory is terrable and pussy club isent where i think it is.

Spy XX
10-03-05, 09:04
But I am Pro-city and I need to get some mods for my ppu spell. I have to go by there. Not the answer I am looking for.

See how silly this is?

you can buy mods for your ppu at most op's

Jesterthegreat
10-03-05, 09:27
petty...

i understand changing names like "i pwn all you [homopobic flame]s"... but its like KK are looking for excuses to have a go at people o_O

:edit: will you be removing swearing from all the NPC scripts or will you simply say "dont read it"?

oh and how about removing emotes bound to swear words to stop encouraging people to say them?

the sex emote is obviously vulgar and not for the eyes of wee ones... but i must have missed the option to turn off emotes... or is the work around "mute all your chat channels"?

Pungent77
10-03-05, 10:15
How about this........seems a bit homophobic to me O_o
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v500/PzychoSixx/shot0008.bmp
damn it....didnt come out as planned, the dialog as follows-->

Ardis Rogawski: Hi sister, how about the two of us?
Me: Do I look like a dyke to you, you bitch?

kinda crass....lol

To top it off, my character is a male.....

Bad, Bad....NPC scripts.

Conduit
10-03-05, 12:30
I think for the first time ever I actually agree with what Jester is saying..

Obviously offencive names should be removed A.S.A.P, nobody wants to see some moron with a name that's racist or sexually obscene.

But Cupid Stunt and Clint Toris??
Cupid Stunt was a character name of an English comedian called Kenny Everett, who had a sketch show in the 80's. His show went out before the 'watershed' of 9 PM and so was deemed suitable for children at a time when censorship in the UK was a lot stricter than it is now. I find it kinda weird that it's now unacceptable in a mature game.
Neocron has a lot of bad language in some of the NPC scripts, and a lot of nudity and sexual innuendo in places like pepper park. It's always been portrayed as a dark, immoral cyberpunk world for mature gamers, and as such banning names like Clint Toris and Cupid Stunt really doesn't make too much sense to me..

All the names that have been pulled so far would not have made it in any other MMORPG

Hmm, sorry to argue, Odin but in Eve I have known a char called Heywood Jablomi for more than a year and in that most anal of games, EQ2, I know a char called Hugh Janus.
Would these names be too offencive for Neocron also?

I agree with the direction that you guys are trying to steer NC2 towards before the international release, but IMO clamping down on names which aren't really offencive to 99% of the population is a little over the top.

Ascension
10-03-05, 12:47
I have to change Ascentions sex toy :(

Mr Kot
10-03-05, 13:06
I vote Mr Kot keeps Clint.

Thanks for the support, but Clint is not my character. ;)

My tank is Cupid Stunt.

you dont have to walk past the pussy club. Take the route from the ind area. Or take the gr deeper in PP.
Last time I was in pepper park, i didn't have to walk far from the GR to find a message splashed across my screen: "ENTERING NEW DISTRICT: PUSSY CLUB". Pussy club is even mentioned on the navray. Best never press F9 then if sensitive souls don't want to be offended. :rolleyes:

Bad, Bad....NPC scripts.
Yeah, that's right. Now i come to think of it, i've seen NPC scripts that say "Fuck off, Reza scum", "Fuck off, DoY scum", and various NPCs scattered throughout DoY offering sexual services and explicitly describing offers of sexual gratification. No-one can say they are "avoidable" and you don't have to go there, as u don't know the script until u click the NPC. Also there are so many that no-one can remember which have offensive scripts and which don't.

For the record, i don't find these scripts personally offensive myself as i knew what i was letting myself in for when i bought the game (and the RoC say we have to verify we are over 18, not 12) I think the scripts are great role play for what i think is a great themed game.

By all means, go after the names that were intended purely to cause offence. Looking at the citycom when this subject was first broached, i only saw a handful of names that i thought would be changed; obvious ones like Cunt, Cuntraiser, Fuck Nut, even one called "Fuck KK in the ass". There were a few but not that many.

Please give us some artistic licence though. To hear that "Ascention's sex toy" has to be changed just beggars belief.

This is indeed fast becoming a witch hunt and is making a lot of people unhappy.

dhsfiend
10-03-05, 15:12
Just trying to make a point. I don't really care about The Pussy Club. I am 38 years old. Nothing offends me anymore. I just wanted people to realize this is the most assinine, sp. thing I have ever heard of. And I guess soon enough my husband will be getting an email to have one of his alts names changed because it is mine and it references an alcohol drink. Just want people to grow up, enjoy the game as it is and go on. You don't like someone's name because they are spamming on chat, block them. Easy enough. And who decides what is offensive anyway? What if my name was Dick and I used that ingame? Or my name was Jane Queer? which is a real name of someone I know. The list could go on and on and on and on....

Mighty Max
10-03-05, 15:22
Rules are set. I have to respect them, you have to respect them. Done.

If you wanted to test out the limit whats ok and whats not, you got your answer by now.

borl
10-03-05, 15:25
Tell that to anyone doing some of the Epics? Or are epic quests "avoidable" now?

Mr Kot
10-03-05, 15:35

Of course i respect the rules. I got my email and i replied within 24 hours as requested.

I know i have to comply. All i am doing is complying under protest.

Selendor
10-03-05, 16:02
This is one of those amusing threads that makes mods and gms not want to post anymore. :lol:

Question - does changing someone's name affect their membership of clans, statistics, ncpd list, logon server avatar appearance? I would hate to see the flames if you guys changed the players names and something went wrong...

Mr Kot
10-03-05, 16:17
I would hate to see the flames if you guys changed the players names and something went wrong...

LOL, that made me think.... supposing the server has a little "hiccup" when they press the SAVE button on changing our names....

U think we might end up with a corrupt name, like "Fuck KK in the cuntraisers clintToris sex toy" ???

.....oh, and a green PE on our heads. :p

Notorious Fish
10-03-05, 17:39
Just trying to make a point. I don't really care about The Pussy Club. I am 38 years old. Nothing offends me anymore. I just wanted people to realize this is the most assinine, sp. thing I have ever heard of. And I guess soon enough my husband will be getting an email to have one of his alts names changed because it is mine and it references an alcohol drink. Just want people to grow up, enjoy the game as it is and go on. You don't like someone's name because they are spamming on chat, block them. Easy enough. And who decides what is offensive anyway? What if my name was Dick and I used that ingame? Or my name was Jane Queer? which is a real name of someone I know. The list could go on and on and on and on....

OH MY GOD ALMOHAL Ya do they have a OFFENSIVE NAMING GUIDE that Shakespeare wrote 200 years ago? Not likely. Besides its a game, nothing is offensive. If names are offensive, why can we cuss like we just got castrated and are really pissed about it on Trade or OOC .... doesnt make sense i say.. and If i have to change Stoned Fish because reference to drugs (not to mention all THE FUCKIGN DRUGS IN THE GAME) ill just retire. and im pretty sure NPC have been more offensive to me then any players TBFH

If you wanted to test out the limit whats ok and whats not, you got your answer by now.

Well wait till I talk to a GM because I was beat up everyday in middle school by a guy named Max. And his nickname was Mighty. It makes me cry just thinking about it, WHAAAAAAA

Terkantia
10-03-05, 17:50
aww, i'm hurt by that :(
It took quite a bit of imagination... in roman mythology, Cupid was the son of Venus who is supposed to bring love into all our lives. A "stunt" is what melee tanks are supposed to be good at: a trick or daring manoeuvre. The combination only came to light when "Cupid" reminded me of a character on the Kenny Everett show way back when. Damn funny show too. Didn't the two ronnies base a lot of their humour around word play and spoonerisms? It was a family show and not offensive.

Or you could have taken it from a DvD that Metallica did in the late 90's . . .

*shrug*

EDIT: Read a thread that linked the name to a show from the 80's if memory serves . .

Notorious Fish
10-03-05, 17:56
Or you could have taken it from a DvD that Metallica did in the late 90's . . .

*shrug*

Im sorry your spies name "Stinky Hacker" needs to be changed. It is offensive to smelly people. KTHXBYE

Terkantia
10-03-05, 17:59
Im sorry your spies name "Stinky Hacker" needs to be changed. It is offensive to smelly people. KTHXBYE

Ouch . .

What about Dink?? Stupid ppl find that one offensive as well? Or maybe thye too stupid to get it . . .

:lol:

Notorious Fish
10-03-05, 18:07
Ouch . .

What about Dink?? Stupid ppl find that one offensive as well? Or maybe thye too stupid to get it . . .

:lol:

Its ok they dont get it :)

Morganth
10-03-05, 20:04
[ edited ]

Ascension
10-03-05, 20:32
The whole idea is a joke, whats offensive about 'Ascentions sex toy' I walk through Pepper park to hear "The pussy club, where your wet dreams come true"

And the argument, "Dont go there" is an utter load of bollocks :rolleyes:

LaZyBoY
10-03-05, 20:48
The whole idea is a joke, whats offensive about 'Ascentions sex toy' I walk through Pepper park to hear "The pussy club, where your wet dreams come true"

Well the people can "not look at your name" :). Soo dosent it make it ok?

Odin
10-03-05, 20:53
Ok not going to argue semantics with you guys. It's something that simply needed to be done. However some names were done purely out of consistency so feel free to write back on the name choices to state your case. It may on the 'borderline' cases be overturned.

Notorious Fish
10-03-05, 20:54

Actually that isnt neocron the game saying it in PP. Its me i camp there all day and whisper so youll pay 100nc to see my women. its true listen next time really closely

D1S
11-03-05, 02:25
Sigh, isnt this another reason why people are leaving this game in droves? IMO a very silly rule, I can understand if someones name was FUCKYOUCUNT or something, but those fellas who have had to change their names who have a sense of humour have to suffer.
Shame on KK.

Ascension
11-03-05, 02:34
Sigh, isnt this another reason why people are leaving this game in droves? IMO a very silly rule, I can understand if someones name was FUCKYOUCUNT or something, but those fellas who have had to change their names who have a sense of humour have to suffer.
Shame on KK.
Back on pluto I remember someone whos name was actually FUCKYOUCUNT :p

Lexxuk
11-03-05, 04:11
On the one hand, NC is a RPG, so you really want RPG type names, like "Lord Shuver of the Penis" or something moderatly RPGesque, you wouldnt watch a film like Bladerunner and expect in a dark, cyberpunk world, someone to be called "pink and fluffy bunny", though you might find weird disjointed names like "terminator" or something.

On the other hand, a persons name is their identity, its "who they are" and stuff, I'm Lexxuk, its who my name relates to, it relates to me, so being asked to change my name (ok, Lexxuk isnt offensive :p) would be asking me to change an aspect of my gaming life?

There are also people, not many, but people in the UK who come from China, and have names like "Fuku Tu" or similar, which does bring out weird phone conversations. People also have the surname Virgin (13 Virgins in Cornwall apparently), so if they used their RL name ingame and were called "Ivor", the name Ivor Virgin might be deemed "rude" but would be their given name. Funny how life works out :p

Mr Kot
11-03-05, 06:03
people in the UK who come from China, and have names like "Fuku Tu" or similar,

I heard of a guy who ran a chip shop not far from me. His name was Mr C.K. Fu. Of course, u can imagine his phone book listing where they list surname, followed by initials......

On the citycom i saw a guy called Fu Kum Yung :lol: ...and i wasn't offended, i found it really funny :D Now i wonder if it's the alt of Michael Jackson? ;)

LiL T
11-03-05, 08:12

whine whine

Strict ?

I don't feel sorry for you infact I'm smiling right now at your stupidity for naming your charater with the thought that you could beat the system.

Jesterthegreat
11-03-05, 14:33
well lets see...

Ficknosh McMaximus? i expect my cst will have his name changed.

Stealthen Whoren? rename for the rifle spy.

NC Junkie (my name since beta 3...) oooh... a drug referance! rename that too...

Drone Love... good thing i delete dthis char before KK realised drones are machines not people... maybe that char is saying he loves vibraters (as they are also machines)? thank the lord i sidestepped that!

hmm... wouldnt it be more important to remove copyright infringing names? or names like "George W. Bush"?

Notorious Fish
11-03-05, 19:07
whine whine

Strict ?

I don't feel sorry for you infact I'm smiling right now at your stupidity for naming your charater with the thought that you could beat the system.

Name a guy Clit Commander

Or Cuntsitine

or or Gavina

or or

I really thought i could come up with more.... i guess i am maturing... what a sham

Pungent77
11-03-05, 21:22
hmm... wouldnt it be more important to remove copyright infringing names? or names like "George W. Bush"?

I so agree.......I hate people that use copyrighted names, especially dumb ass anime names and LOTR names.

ROZZER187
11-03-05, 21:23
funnily enough about pepper park been avoidable and not having to go near the pussy club, how do you work your way round the announcement thats always saying to ''visit the pussyclub in pepper park sector 2''

i know you could mute the sound but there are people who dont want to do that.

back on topic btw.....this just seems like people are been picky imo. maybe some of us need to be reminded about the line between a game and reality.

im not bothered either way coz none of my chars have rude names but i find it pointless to bother about this now when there are more important issues at hand like themeweeks.

sorry to kk if they are on the list but hacknet themeweek is the last one i can remember and it only helped fix a small number of bugs, the dungeons are still bugged and rares have not been implemented yet. but this is off topic and for another day :p

one small point are names like jesus and allah allowed?? they could offend people of a different religon?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Digital-Talios
11-03-05, 21:36
Its not offensive until someone decides to be offended :o

Morganth
12-03-05, 03:35

I am offended by KKs lack of content that was promised in "the omg ub3r DoY expansion", and a lot of people that left feel the same.

[ edited ]

Jesterthegreat
12-03-05, 04:07
I am offended by KKs lack of content that was promised in "the omg ub3r DoY expansion", and a lot of people that left feel the same.

But apparently KKs incompetance and ignorance towards the paying customers is allowed, yet a funny name isn't :rolleyes:

heh... there was a time when i heard "OMG! you killed me cos your dad beats you" or similar comments on a daily basis... but its my bad for having "fick" in one of my char names.

Inchenzo
12-03-05, 04:20
heh... there was a time when i heard "OMG! you killed me cos your dad beats you" or similar comments on a daily basis... but its my bad for having "fick" in one of my char names.

My tank used to have the name "Fick" but i got sick of it after a year and asked the helpdesk to change it to a different name,... got so damn sick of all those people "ficking" me

ROZZER187
12-03-05, 15:12

we have a winner :lol: :lol:

that about says it all tbh

l8m0n
12-03-05, 15:37
Dont have a problem with name change but i thought NC1 was a 18+ (thats what it said on my box) maybe it was back then and i know alots changed but tbh online games should be 18+ with the ammount of bad language etc.
But saying that most of the people here are under 17 :lol:

Xiphias
13-03-05, 02:16

no, that would have to be changed due to breaking the rules of no political discussions . :rolleyes:

THIS IS GoD
13-03-05, 07:34
Now I wonder is Lickalotapus Obvious and over the top I've had that name for more than a Year and a Half and only complaints I've heard from people is about me making them look stupid either PvP wise or intellectually!!

I mean damn what's next languange filter for the game???

Lickalotapus
AkA
GoD36
TaNk36
MoNk36
PRINCE
and
Quick Draw McGraw

Dr Strange
13-03-05, 10:12
Ok, just to get this right, I gotta re-re-re-ask the obvious questions:

In NC2 as of now, you cannot have a name that violates the "RoC"? Yet in game you can:

- View softcore pornography in various sectors of the game, in the forms of red hue view screens with clearly visible nude females.

- Participate in Epic Missions and other Missions/Quests/Events where sexual themes are included (including I believe it's ironically, the BD epic where a gangbang video is a semi-large part of that epics storyline)

- The aforementioned various clubs such as the Pussy Club that even KK mentions in announcements and patch notes, and see NPC's sitting down in private booths recieving lapdances.

- See female NPC's completely naked except for a thong and two pieces of scotch tape over their nipples.

- If you have yet to see a erotic female dancer or stripper in game, please raise your hand. Ok since there are no hands raised... (by these I mean most of the female dancers, fully clothed ones and scantly clad ones as well)

I don't mean to come off as rude or trolling but seriously some names are rather innocent and very very tame that some people worry will be forced to change. And yet the above mentioned things are considered ok and legal within the game?

Bananarama
13-03-05, 10:16
I don't mean to come off as rude or trolling but seriously some names are rather innocent and very very tame that some people worry will be forced to change. And yet the above mentioned things are considered ok and legal within the game?

You should learn by now that anything KK do is fine. Anything the community does is evil and should be removed.

Jesterthegreat
13-03-05, 12:50
You should learn by now that anything KK do is fine. Anything the community does is evil and should be removed.

ahaha

while i agree, this is the thoughts of the majority of companies... most just hide it a little better.

:edit: whats the deal here...

not got to F yet or is Ficknosh McMaximus alright?

tbh I'd rather be told which of my char names are wrong now and told where to email my new names, i hate chgeckin my email :p

ROZZER187
14-03-05, 21:13
Now I wonder is Lickalotapus Obvious and over the top I've had that name for more than a Year and a Half and only complaints I've heard from people is about me making them look stupid either PvP wise or intellectually!!

I mean damn what's next languange filter for the game???

Lickalotapus
AkA
GoD36
TaNk36
MoNk36
PRINCE
and
Quick Draw McGraw

rumplestiltskin???
you making a return anytime soon m8??

Nymphette79
14-03-05, 21:40
Roz, hes back babe :) renewed his account at the weekend

Also will i be asked to change my name?

Danae
15-03-05, 06:02
not all of em...

Just wanted to say I had to follow the rules as well. When I was a volunteer mod I used the name Isis on the old, old boards, then Freyja (not the second coming newbie freya :p) When I was a volunteer GM I used the name Ice Angel (glares at teh bunny) and when KK took my soul, Snowcrash advised me to use the nickname I was already a player in the community and N/O.

Dr Strange
15-03-05, 22:14
Ok, just to get this right, I gotta re-re-re-ask the obvious questions:

In NC2 as of now, you cannot have a name that violates the "RoC"? Yet in game you can:

- View softcore pornography in various sectors of the game, in the forms of red hue view screens with clearly visible nude females.

- Participate in Epic Missions and other Missions/Quests/Events where sexual themes are included (including I believe it's ironically, the BD epic where a gangbang video is a semi-large part of that epics storyline)

- The aforementioned various clubs such as the Pussy Club that even KK mentions in announcements and patch notes, and see NPC's sitting down in private booths recieving lapdances.

- See female NPC's completely naked except for a thong and two pieces of scotch tape over their nipples.

- If you have yet to see a erotic female dancer or stripper in game, please raise your hand. Ok since there are no hands raised... (by these I mean most of the female dancers, fully clothed ones and scantly clad ones as well)

Can Nid or another KK guy answer these questions please? It just seems rather silly to have someone named "Big Pussy" for example change his name when there's officially sanctioned and advertised bars/clubs with similar names.

Jesterthegreat
16-03-05, 01:34
Just wanted to say I had to follow the rules as well. When I was a volunteer mod I used the name Isis on the old, old boards, then Freyja (not the second coming newbie freya :p) When I was a volunteer GM I used the name Ice Angel (glares at teh bunny) and when KK took my soul, Snowcrash advised me to use the nickname I was already a player in the community and N/O.

dammit let me be right once in a while :p

Kierz
20-03-05, 20:34
Just wondering is neocron a 15+ or 18+ ?

Dr Strange
24-03-05, 23:04
bump for nid

still waiting a response on the above asked questions

Jesterthegreat
24-03-05, 23:35
Just wondering is neocron a 15+ or 18+ ?

Nidhogg
24-03-05, 23:41
Everything that needs to be said was already stated in Odin's thread. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=123155) We have a mature game but we do not expect to see swearing or profanity in the names of people in-game. To be honest I'm not sure why you would want to argue that it's reasonable for someone to be called "Big Pussy" anyway. It's all about context - we don't want OMG1337!!11ONE names or offensive names for the same reason; it makes the place look scruffy.

N

Nymphette79
25-03-05, 00:46
Mental image of Nid in nothing but an apron and feather duster, tidying the scruff out of NC ;)

Jesterthegreat
25-03-05, 01:27
Everything that needs to be said was already stated in Odin's thread. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=123155) We have a mature game but we do not expect to see swearing or profanity in the names of people in-game. To be honest I'm not sure why you would want to argue that it's reasonable for someone to be called "Big Pussy" anyway. It's all about context - we don't want OMG1337!!11ONE names or offensive names for the same reason; it makes the place look scruffy.

N

theres a difference between "big pussy" and names like "Clint Toris" though.

Nidhogg
25-03-05, 01:28
theres a difference between "big pussy" and names like "Clint Toris" though.
I'd say those two were pretty closely related. ;)

N

Jesterthegreat
25-03-05, 01:31
working in a bank processing payments i have found alot of names that would be classified as offensive by these rules.

wonder how i would react if i was told i wasnt allowed to use my real name in a computer game (not an issue for me personally)

:edit: and the difference in talking about is the subtlty.

there used to be a monk called Black Panther. would this be edited as a name of a fairly violent group of people from one race? im sure an obvious one would... but people can find a meaning in almost anything.

as i said earlier... NC Junkie has been one of my chars names since day 1 of NC1 retail... will promoting drug use be edited, and if so does the word "Junkie" qualify as that?

i have never had a single player, GM or Dev say anything negative about it... yet by these rules it may be changed (and before you ssay theres no swearing in it... wheres the swear words in Clint Toris. its how you interprite it [a general you... not a personal you])

Dr Strange
25-03-05, 01:57

N

No Nid, I'm sorry but Odins thread does not say every thing that needs to be said. You are basically saying "na na we will do what WE want and violate our own rules but you can't!" I mean you're roughly just smearing dirt in customers faces by enforcing this "rule", seriously.

And you can honestly, not just as a KK employee, sit there and tell me its not in the least hypocratic for KK to publize various aspects of the game such as "Sex and Guns!" and locations like The Pussy Club or the fact there are nude women through the game BUT not to allow a player to use the word "Penis" in his name?

I mean damn man are yall that dense or what?

Jesterthegreat
25-03-05, 01:59
No Nid, I'm sorry but Odins thread does not say every thing that needs to be said. You are basically saying "na na we will do what WE want and violate our own rules but you can't!" I mean you're roughly just smearing dirt in customers faces by enforcing this "rule", seriously.

And you can honestly, not just as a KK employee, sit there and tell me its not in the least hypocratic for KK to publize various aspects of the game such as "Sex and Guns!" and locations like The Pussy Club or the fact there are nude women through the game BUT not to allow a player to use the word "Penis" in his name?

I mean damn man are yall that dense or what?

maybe nid has posted against it on his personal account...

but he would have to be stupid to do it on his Mod account.

Dr Strange
25-03-05, 02:07
maybe nid has posted against it on his personal account...

but he would have to be stupid to do it on his Mod account.

Maybe so, but A) I don't know Nid's personal account, if he has one and B) I am asking for a mod/gm specific answer towards this hypocrasy

Odin
25-03-05, 02:34
The setting of the game is set by KK therefore we reserve the right to run the game as we wish. Not one single person here can sit here and tell me the following names have any relevance to the game as character names. Last I checked there were no obscene NPC character names in the game.

-Anal Drip
-A sweaty Muff
-Ass Midget
-Suka Dik
-Cuntraiser
-Goat fuxor
-dicklicks for chicks
-MyballsarelargeandinKKsMouth
-Fat Cunt
-Facial Fellatio
-Child Whore
-Handjob Holly

This is the common type of names that are getting changed. Obscenity in character names do not fit the setting in any genre no matter what excuse is being made and have been changed somewhat sporatically over time in the past. However we have noticed a high degree of such names beyond the limit of any decency and hence the sweep.

Ground_Round
25-03-05, 02:45
To be honest I'm not sure why you would want to argue that it's reasonable for someone to be called "Big Pussy" anyway. It's all about context - we don't want OMG1337!!11ONE names or offensive names for the same reason; it makes the place look scruffy.

N

Honestly, where is there even a slight difference between a
player named "Big Pussy" (the name of one of the
characters on the TV show the Sopranos) and a club named
"The Pussy Club" ??

Both are degrading to women, and strip clubs do not even
have derogatory names like that in real life.

I would love to hear, and comprehend, the logic that allows
the word "pussy" to be used in the name of a club in the
game and yet a player is not allowed to use that word.

I do not support the use of profane names, but when you
already have these words in the game it seems a bit
assinine to try and restrict the player base from using them.

You need to clean up the in game act before you start
ripping on what the player base is doing, you have fostered
the environment so you only have yourselves to blame.

Once you have cleared all the porn and "dirty" words from
the game then you will have a justifiable reason to bother
people with names like "Clint Toris".

Outside of that, it just looks like you are trying to get a
better rating at the expense of a few players when the real
problem lies in the original design.

And that 16+ ain't gonna stick... As it currently stands, this
game will be rated M if it ever hits America in box form.

And as far as "scruffy" goes, just what exactly does /emote
fuck do for the "scruffiness" of the game ??

Dr Strange
25-03-05, 03:05
The setting of the game is set by KK therefore we reserve the right to run the game as we wish. Not one single person here can sit here and tell me the following names have any relevance to the game as character names. Last I checked there were no obscene NPC character names in the game.

-Ass Midget
-Goat fuxor
-Handjob Holly

This is the common type of names that are getting changed. Obscenity in character names do not fit the setting in any genre no matter what excuse is being made and have been changed somewhat sporatically over time in the past. However we have noticed a high degree of such names beyond the limit of any decency and hence the sweep.

The ones left listed are rather tame. I mean hell, Goat Fux0r used leet speak... You can't use the word "Ass" in a name? Yet NPC's use the term "kick ass" or "ass kicking" in various storylines? You say Handjob Holly is wrong too, but the Black Dragon epic goes into detail about an NPC's wife involved in a gang bang.

I'm not trying to argue Odin, but you're saying KK can simply break their own naming rules and yet enforce them on players? I mean yea some of these names are obviously over the top but most are very tame, Handjob Holly (actually a friend of mine), Constructor Penis, Clint Toris (for all ya know could be a real name), Mike Hunt, etc These names DO fit into the game, you guys advertise it as a "sex and guns" cyberpunk game. You can honest, I swear honestly tell me its ok for someone to walk around the cities and watch nude women on the neon signs masturbate themselves but you cannot use the words like bitch, ass, pussy, dick etc?

Mr Kot
25-03-05, 03:08
I'm not sure why you would want to argue that it's reasonable for someone to be called "Big Pussy" anyway.

Maybe they're a cat lover?

Or they roleplay a carebear - "i don't PK, im just a big pussycat"

Or they could just be a big pussy as in "coward" :angel:

Seven
25-03-05, 03:12
*munches on popcorn*

Odin
25-03-05, 03:13
The ones left listed are rather tame. I mean hell, Goat Fux0r used leet speak... You can't use the word "Ass" in a name? Yet NPC's use the term "kick ass" or "ass kicking" in various storylines? You say Handjob Holly is wrong too, but the Black Dragon epic goes into detail about an NPC's wife involved in a gang bang.

I'm not trying to argue Odin, but you're saying KK can simply break their own naming rules and yet enforce them on players? I mean yea some of these names are obviously over the top but most are very tame, Handjob Holly (actually a friend of mine), Constructor Penis, Clint Toris (for all ya know could be a real name), Mike Hunt, etc These names DO fit into the game, you guys advertise it as a "sex and guns" cyberpunk game. You can honest, I swear honestly tell me its ok for someone to walk around the cities and watch nude women on the neon signs masturbate themselves but you cannot use the words like bitch, ass, pussy, dick etc?

Again setting and character names are 2 different things and I apologize to anyone who doesn't get that but it is what it is. None of these character names have a single good excuse as a character name in this setting or any setting. If you all want to tone down Neocron's setting then talk about doing such and maybe the staff will, however using it as a feeble excuse to run around with names as such will not work.

Also I have said earlier in this thread that anyone could petition their name change and we would review it. To date only one person has done so.

[edit: and what gang bang? I just had lupus look through the dialogs and I got nothing of a gang bang]

Dirus
25-03-05, 04:15
but the Black Dragon epic goes into detail about an NPC's wife involved in a gang bang.

"Simple, Lucy... she's got an affair with Lucky... and Gecko doesn't know about it. We could surely take advantage of that. We can get some evidence and give it to Gecko." "I know a close friend of Lucky who is always hanging out somewhere in sector 04 here in Dome of York. His name is Carlos. I would only need somebody to rob him of his belongings and we would have our evidence. I am speaking of video records that show him and Lucy. That pig stole it from me before I was able to show it to Gecko."No where does it mention a "gangbang" nor does it even mention the tape is of the two having any type of "sex" at all. Allt he scripts says is she's having an affair with Lucky, and theres a tape of the two of them together.

What you decide is on the tape content wise beside "the two of them together" is upto you. However you can not say it goes into detail about a wife being in a gangbang.