PDA

View Full Version : Allied ganking at an all time high

Super Mario
09-03-05, 17:08
Why is it that SOME allies think it's o.k to gank other allies? Pro city and Anti City alike, when i played open beta i had this image of MASSIVE crowds of anti Citys bombarding Nc and Pros likewise, but alas you cant really walk around your own city without an ally walking past you and then turning around and shooting you in the back. I remember a few days ago some one saying after ally ganking these words "I can Kill you Nibs a few times do a few missions and be back to green SL so i can start the cycle over again" . Makes you wonder whats going wrong. Do Ally gankers need to get the jump on an unsuspecting player just for kicks :( , well tbh something needs to be done asap. Maybe the Gm's could make more events where people of an allince (pros and antis) would be pitted up against the other rather then having to kill someone of a allied or netural Faction.

Super M

P.s yes i know i still have bad grammer :rolleyes:

l8m0n
09-03-05, 17:10
Agree, bring back "some" safe zones, thats the problem imo ;)

Notorious Fish
09-03-05, 17:16

TBH I really havent seen it that much. But Im anti. Pro it was horrible.. thanks to me :)

Original monk
09-03-05, 17:17
well to my suprise i didnt been alliedganked alot yet :)

yesterday i was buying a belt with my conster at the proto HQ smuggler and a spy pops out of stealth: FA ... i think ... byebye tradeskillerchar but no lol :P

he yust wanted to scare me :)

anyways, i think the problem with the alliedganking is the extremely fast rate you recover the low sl ... few fast 150 missions indeed ..

so what can you do as an "honest" player ??? youre kinda forced to make youre own stock of missions so if you get alliedganked in youre back you can yust wack said person ... and go do some tl150 missions lol ... not the most clean way but not alot of other options ...

this doesnt mean i promote alliedganking, not at all even .. but i can surely understand that you kill someone out of selfdefense ..

another problem is the lack of a decent spot like PP1 was in NC1 ... a spot where all factions came togheter to pick small fast fights ... ya got MB, ya got PP3 etc .. but its still not the same ..

i would say make PP back the way it used to ... its no sight seeing all those CA guards in the "red light district" :)

cops here in antwerp dont even dare to enter the red light district at night :P

Bugs Gunny
09-03-05, 17:41
I've seen ONE case since i moved to the dome.
In the city it was rampant.

Preach
09-03-05, 18:18
WE consider the Dome to be allied ganking free, the only allied Ganking DArk has seen has been from the idiots who have moved over from the city because of the 'Allied Ganking', these people are fools, the Dome has a certain respect and mutual friendship among its allies. Those pro players who believe allied ganking is funny will not be tolerated

Inchenzo
09-03-05, 18:29
haven't been ganked yet, but due to the safezones not existing anymore nc's alot like some ghost town.. it's quiet,.. too quiet. (must be the player numbers :p )

Notorious Fish
09-03-05, 18:33
WE consider the Dome to be allied ganking free, the only allied Ganking DArk has seen has been from the idiots who have moved over from the city because of the 'Allied Ganking', these people are fools, the Dome has a certain respect and mutual friendship among its allies. Those pro players who believe allied ganking is funny will not be tolerated

I would like to think when I came over, I didnt cause anything. But I dont know ya there was some allied PKing with Xtort the other day. Im VERY sure this has been resloved. With my clan memebers at least, I can not speak for them. Anyways my point is it is very rare in DOY at least.

MkVenner
09-03-05, 18:51
ive seen a drastic reduction as of late, compared to a month or so ago...

Notorious Fish
09-03-05, 18:53
ive seen a drastic reduction as of late, compared to a month or so ago...

I dont know about in the city. but in doy its always been low. You GF was hott as hell dude, BUT mine is soo much more WOMAN then yours. (refer to my avatar)

zii
09-03-05, 19:33

Safe zones help protect the allied killers.

Remore all safe zones and then those allied gankers have nowhere to hide when they go below -16.

It seems that this is a pro-city problem, which indicates that this is part of role playing because otherwise you would have the same problem in the Dome, so there is no need to change the game mechanics.

I sometimes play my pro-city char (to spy on Reeza's city), and the only time I got killed by an ally was because my SL was -22, so I deserved it.

Zii.

PS I selected disagree.

zii
09-03-05, 19:39
I've seen police in the redlight area at night in Antwerpen... but that was a while ago.

well to my suprise i didnt been alliedganked alot yet :)

yesterday i was buying a belt with my conster at the proto HQ smuggler and a spy pops out of stealth: FA ... i think ... byebye tradeskillerchar but no lol :P

he yust wanted to scare me :)

anyways, i think the problem with the alliedganking is the extremely fast rate you recover the low sl ... few fast 150 missions indeed ..

so what can you do as an "honest" player ??? youre kinda forced to make youre own stock of missions so if you get alliedganked in youre back you can yust wack said person ... and go do some tl150 missions lol ... not the most clean way but not alot of other options ...

this doesnt mean i promote alliedganking, not at all even .. but i can surely understand that you kill someone out of selfdefense ..

another problem is the lack of a decent spot like PP1 was in NC1 ... a spot where all factions came togheter to pick small fast fights ... ya got MB, ya got PP3 etc .. but its still not the same ..

i would say make PP back the way it used to ... its no sight seeing all those CA guards in the "red light district" :)

cops here in antwerp dont even dare to enter the red light district at night :P

enigma_b17
09-03-05, 19:44
allied ganking has settled down a bit, but it is still rampant. most of the people ive seen do it are actually anti-city who have pro-city alts so they can pk without getting attacked by the copbots. One measure which may decrease allied ganking is an idea which i was against most of the time, but it is to "force" people to choose one side. I.E. If you have a pro-city char you cannot have an anti-city char and vice a versa. Although this limits personal freedom of choosing which side to go it may be a necessary step imo.

zii
09-03-05, 21:09
Or simply limit each server to one slot.

That way your actions are recognised and you are held responsible for them. However, a 1 slot intl won't happen.

Notorious Fish
09-03-05, 21:12

That way your actions are recognised and you are held responsible for them. However, a 1 slot intl won't happen.

Please everyone would just ahve 8 accounts because NC owns us

zii
09-03-05, 21:48
Please everyone would just ahve 8 accounts because NC owns us

Less is more.

enigma_b17
09-03-05, 21:51

god no.....1 slot server is nice but with the current server pops there would be no pokers cstrs researchers, or even less that there is now.

Notorious Fish
09-03-05, 21:54
Not to mention if some one told me to pick one char and delete the other 3 i wouldnt be able to pick. Some days tank is sooo much fun then others my PE is the shit

Cor
10-03-05, 01:48
This is a refer. to the post about "Allied killing on the rise," but I wanted it to be by itself not in the middle of a post. So this is my Solution.

Bringing back safe-zones is not the answer. The way they are set up now is good, HQ are safe and TH Trade ctr. I agree with the one, that said change PP. Change it to open and get rid of the CA guards, keep a few guards around the clubs.

Now in Plaze 1 by the Med ctr and Plaze 2 at Rontrade and DOY City ctr, try to make these areas a little more safer with guards. Double the guards and /or make them faster on the draw.
Ex. 1) warning first 2sec
Than parashock
Open fire
The rest of the areas in the city are fine.

The problem with Allied killing is the punchisment or lack of punchisment for the runners, needs to be worked on. Now if an Allied draws their weapon and kills an Allied, automatically they should be put on the NCPD list, loose 50 Faction symp. Points from there own Faction and drop to zero symp point for their Allies and drop to -20 SL.

Now for that runner to gain back SL and FS They have to do mission. Because their SL is -20 and guards inside the city will shoot them, on site and because they are on the NCPD list, mission will have to be done in the wasteland. And if I remember the only citycom’s to get missions from are in the Op underground, so lets hope your faction has some Op.

So once a few mission are done anywhere from 5-10 to bring your SL back up and you can enter the city to continue mission for your Faction, but you have to do a few mission something like 5 missions for each Allied Faction first before you can do mission for your own Faction to get your FS to start going up.

And final if you Allied kill 5 times you are permently put on the NCPD list for an extremely long time, and you are open for anyone to come after you and kill you over and over.

The punishment for Allied killing has to be most unpleasant thing for the player to do, if they are going to continue to do this.

Jesterthegreat
10-03-05, 01:55
The problem with Allied killing is the punchisment or lack of punchisment for the runners, needs to be worked on. Now if an Allied draws their weapon and kills an Allied, automatically they should be put on the NCPD list, loose 50 Faction symp. Points from there own Faction and drop to zero symp point for their Allies and drop to -20 SL.

Now for that runner to gain back SL and FS They have to do mission. Because their SL is -20 and guards inside the city will shoot them, on site and because they are on the NCPD list, mission will have to be done in the wasteland. And if I remember the only citycom’s to get missions from are in the Op underground, so lets hope your faction has some Op.

So once a few mission are done anywhere from 5-10 to bring your SL back up and you can enter the city to continue mission for your Faction, but you have to do a few mission something like 5 missions for each Allied Faction first before you can do mission for your own Faction to get your FS to start going up.

And final if you Allied kill 5 times you are permently put on the NCPD list for an extremely long time, and you are open for anyone to come after you and kill you over and over.

The punishment for Allied killing has to be most unpleasant thing for the player to do, if they are going to continue to do this.

and if you kill the ally killer?

hope you like missions.

what if a 0/2 gets caught in crossfire?

hope you like missions.

what if someone attacks you, knowing they have 0 body health and 0 resists... you gonna stand there and die? or you gonna shoot a warning shot?

hope you like missions.

extreme solutions simply dont work because its not always intentional.

dont get me wrong... i had an allied APU PPU team kill me today... i just logged another char and went after them (they had hidden in a safe zone though)

Cor
10-03-05, 02:23
"extreme solutions simply dont work because its not always intentional"

It has to be extreme, do it for 2 months and Allied killing would stop. It's not for the averge player, it's for the A-hole player that comes rate up to you kills you with all "intention" of doing that. Yes the odd player would get caught in the cross fire, I have many times myself.

I am sure something can happen in the "computer lang". to figure out who the drew the gun first, but if the player is in the PLz1 or PL2 rontrade the copbots should have the draw on that player as soon as the player draws his weapon. That's where poeple want to be safe and not looking all around watching over there backs. That's why they want the safe-zones back but you don't need that. if the Copbots are fast enough.

Gotterdammerung
10-03-05, 02:34
please don't open new threads when others on the same topic are already available to post in

zii
10-03-05, 02:34
Remove all safe zones, then those who kill allies have no where to hide. Sadly this doesn't get round the extreme 'attacker has zero health and zero resists so the attacked has to stand there and die', however, the attacked could run away even though it is really annoying.

Another solution please - One that includes the remove all safe zones options:)

Cor
10-03-05, 03:03
The safe zones are removed except the Faction HQ, I have no problem with those being safe and TH trade ctr, if a player kills an Allied he can't run into his own faction HQ and he can't run into the Allied Faction HQ because like I said automatical he is on the NCPD list and that should cover Faction HQ to. And yes I agree run!!

sultana
10-03-05, 06:33
Only time I've seen allied killing is in the dome on my anticity alt, who happened to be on low sl at the time. I had about 3 people attack and try to kill me.

Though I guess my spy does count, I figure everyone knows who she is now though so it doesn't matter as much.

Those two case's are completely different btw :rolleyes: Doesn't matter with the first, cause he's now procity, and only some people know it's my alt at any rate.

Jesterthegreat
10-03-05, 09:15
so cor...

if an ally attacked you, and you defended yourself, and a stray bullet hit a random person (as they often do with the NC targeting system)... you would be happy to be punished in the way you described?

oh and you trust KK to put in a system to tell who started combat? they still havent managed to get all the old implants into the shops after however many months.

Bugs Gunny
10-03-05, 10:00
Ive seen two ally killers in the dome now. And after their clan existing for about oen week they are now kos to the largest doy clans, meaning their clan has a short life ahead of it.

Couldn't say how it's in the city nowadays as i don't go there anymore.

Terayon
10-03-05, 10:03
I bet most allied gankers are NC becouse the doy is harder to get around to gank.

Bugs Gunny
10-03-05, 10:21
No, it's quite simple:

Allied ganker in NC: "Hey guys, i just been killed by an ally in NC." "Who cares, we are all doing our thing and we don't want to come".

Allied ganker in DOY:"Allied ganker at location x." "We're on him" "He's dead"

NC and DOY are two completely different worlds. Even though i always favored the city, i doubt i'll go back.

Xylaz
10-03-05, 11:55
Remove all safe zones, then those who kill allies have no where to hide.

agree

Preach
10-03-05, 12:34
A new Twilight Guardian Clan called KOS are a pain in the arse at the minute. They have taken it upon themselves to be an established clan of allie killers, even waiting outside our HQ for some cheap shots which ends up with them zone jumping back inside. Dark have told them its pathetic but they seem to think its funny. We have no time for these people and if it continues they will all be permanently KOS to us

Bugs Gunny
10-03-05, 12:48
They are in no way a threat.
Too few of em and not good enough. They'll just regret starting it and ending up with a kos on them and all their alts.

Preach
10-03-05, 13:12
Thats my point this small pocket of fools are gonna be wandering the streets killing whoever they feel like, they dot have to be good to kill a tradeskiller. We have no interest in entertaining their childishness

Forked
10-03-05, 13:13
I was procity not too long ago, but after I switched to anti I haven't really seen that much allied pking at all. I think if procity had an easier way to get into doy that it would subside a bit. :)

It's not necessary nice, but some people purely love the combat and sometimes people can't find a fight, or are to lazy to go find some enemies to kill. :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
10-03-05, 13:19
It's funny. Ncat had some real good fighters in it and that made them dangerous on top of annoying.

These guys are the cheap knockoff version.
On top of that the atmosphere in the dome is of such nature that they actualy act against it, and pretty soon you'll see these guys forced to move all their alts to the city as they'll be ganked by everyone.

enigma_b17
10-03-05, 14:06
A new Twilight Guardian Clan called KOS are a pain in the arse at the minute. They have taken it upon themselves to be an established clan of allie killers, even waiting outside our HQ for some cheap shots which ends up with them zone jumping back inside. Dark have told them its pathetic but they seem to think its funny. We have no time for these people and if it continues they will all be permanently KOS to us

those lot are band wagon jumpers lol, another one of the "go the winning side" generation. If theyr allied pking they should be hunted down and torn into little itty bitty pieces and fed to some terror raptors out in the tg canyons.

Jesterthegreat
10-03-05, 14:22
the only ally killers in pro that i know of are anti alts / people going anti.

Bugs Gunny
10-03-05, 14:26
Amnesia is such a joy when you're the victim.
I mean, it's the only disease you actualy forget you have :-)

enigma_b17
10-03-05, 14:26
which could suggest that forcing people to go one side or the other might be something which will limit the ally pking :)

Jesterthegreat
10-03-05, 14:32
Amnesia is such a joy when you're the victim.
I mean, it's the only disease you actualy forget you have :-)

check my post... i didnt complain about it...

i was pointing out the fact that all the ally killers i have encountered recently are either anti city alts, or people going over to anti city.

i posted no judgement

Original monk
10-03-05, 14:35
those lot are band wagon jumpers lol, another one of the "go the winning side" generation. If theyr allied pking they should be hunted down and torn into little itty bitty pieces and fed to some terror raptors out in the tg canyons.

jolly jolly joy joy !

the more bandwagoners going over to the doyside, the more holylighting and cursedsoul-food the friendly procity's have !

fun fun !!!

about alliedPking ... aslong as there are no decent measures and aslong as the tl 150 resmissions get abused to get FS and especially SL back up in notime then i see no other way then to fight fire with fire and always keep me some tl150 missions myself incase i get attacked :/

bad thing is that it wont break the viscious circle of alliedPKing ... but until the situation is like it is now ... i dont see that much of another option ..

unless someone provides em here or unless there are small changes to counter the alliedPKing ... (for starters a "meetingplace" like PP1 was in NC1)

to be truelly honest; to myself the alliedPKing isnt that big of a problem tough ... nothing that cant be fixed witouth a holy lightning ...

[TgR]KILLER
10-03-05, 14:46
allied ganking is killing all the fun for me in this game atm.. not because i got anything do to directly with the ganking but when everybody starts ganking eachother you can't go anywere anymore.. ops being closed.. nobody can hunt anywere without looking over their shoulder.. meh it sucks

Jesterthegreat
10-03-05, 14:50
unless someone provides em here or unless there are small changes to counter the alliedPKing ... (for starters a "meetingplace" like PP1 was in NC1)

agree on the "meeting place" idea.

i hated sync line fights... but i loved a convinient place to fight.

IMO remove the current NF / Wargames.

let the (neutral) scientists in TH create a new NF in TH... let them install entry portalt in TH, MB, NC and DoY. let these portals lead to a (safe zone) NF lobby. this lobby leads to various decks.

Inntal
10-03-05, 20:06
I voted disagree, there is no allyganking in the MB. But actually it has to be a really big problem for NC city and in small extent for the dome, too. I allways wonder why ppl have to be so agressive, personally I only attack if I get attacked in most cases, and if there has been any problem with a friendly faction (which mustn't be green in F6) you would just talk to them and solve it.

agree on the "meeting place" idea.

i hated sync line fights... but i loved a convinient place to fight.

IMO remove the current NF / Wargames.

let the (neutral) scientists in TH create a new NF in TH... let them install entry portalt in TH, MB, NC and DoY. let these portals lead to a (safe zone) NF lobby. this lobby leads to various decks.

I kinda like that attitude and love the idea... (especially that you didn't forget the MB :D ...happens often). Perhaps there wouldn't be so much ganking in the city if ppl let out their agressions in NF...

Notorious Fish
10-03-05, 20:59

Lol wasnt Sweet Leaf in FF? Does FF just let any old dog in the clan these days? FFS it is retarded, this KOS clan. I have saeen 3 people in it and they were all belly down in the dirt.

Saiboku
10-03-05, 22:40
Allied ganker in NC: "Hey guys, i just been killed by an ally in NC." "Who cares, we are all doing our thing and we don't want to come".

Allied ganker in DOY:"Allied ganker at location x." "We're on him" "He's dead"

NC and DOY are two completely different worlds. Even though i always favored the city, i doubt i'll go back.

sounds like : "oh, its a lonely pe, where do we gather to pwn that idiot ? how many ppus can we get ? "
thats how its in the city ... embarassing .
mostly its just to avoid fair fights.
strange thing is, i've almost never seen a really crappy (pvp) f6 ally ganker. how comes O_o

Jesterthegreat
11-03-05, 14:21
strange thing is, i've almost never seen a really crappy (pvp) f6 ally ganker. how comes O_o

i think everyones too busy alt tabbin to whine here instead of fightin back... so the ally killer gets another kill :p

and its not a big problem in the city... i have been ally killed once since Ghetto formed. compare that to how it was a month or 2 ago.