PDA

View Full Version : They still planning to put ciggies in-game?

FaveriN
09-03-05, 16:07
Thought i read that in the preview of Nc2. Sunglasses as well, iirc.

These items being implemented with the coming patches/Intl release in RoKKwear, or anywhere else?

enigma_b17
09-03-05, 16:12
more important things i think to worry bout :P

netster
09-03-05, 16:34
more nude flesh? :lol:

Notorious Fish
09-03-05, 16:56
My character would die of cancer if they put cigs in game :(

And i would be broke I wouldny be able to buy anything cept cigs :(

Original monk
09-03-05, 17:05
thats why they also put in the bubblegum to stop smoking and the stickers to put on youre arm with nicotine :)

wich remind me i would like to have tattoo's ingame ... similar to euh the clanlogo idea but then tattoo's to choose from :)

fe: a dragon on youre arm/butt/back/chest .. as the one in the BD epicappartment

Notorious Fish
09-03-05, 17:06
thats why they also put in the buublegum to stop smoking and the stickers to put on youre arm with nicotine :)

wich remind me i would like to have tattoo's ingame ... similar to euh the clanlogo idea but then tattoo's to choose from :)

fe: a dragon on youre arm/butt/back/chest .. as the one in the BD epicappartment

And they are ridiculously over priced just like in RL.. my tat cost 250 .. :(

Original monk
09-03-05, 17:08
And they are ridiculously over priced just like in RL.. my tat cost 250 .. :(

i tought ya meant the cigarettes lol, but yeah, tattoo's are quite expensive, its done by an "artist" he :) (mostly a dodgy looking guy who experimented with making tattoo's on he's own arms first hehe)

l8m0n
09-03-05, 17:09
Also hair cuts, yes you can change it when you make your char but it also said that you could get it cut anytime you want? Little things like this would make the game fun again till the player numers go up :rolleyes:

Notorious Fish
09-03-05, 17:20
i tought ya meant the cigarettes lol, but yeah, tattoo's are quite expensive, its done by an "artist" he :) (mostly a dodgy looking guy who experimented with making tattoo's on he's own arms first hehe)

I did. At first. But i was referng to your tattoo comment

Heavyporker
09-03-05, 17:25
Hm. I don't think they ever really planned to bring cigarettes ingame. Sunglasses, yes, but ciggies? Doubtful they said that.

That said, the variety would be appreciated, all right.

Two types of ciggies, aside from looking cool on your character -

a normal skinny that gives -10 STA and + 1 INT and +10 psi resist ( a little perk up, ya know?)

a fattish blunt that gives drugflash (better yet, psychedelic effects) and + 1 PSI, +5 mana, and +5 psu.

Original monk
09-03-05, 17:30
a fattish blunt that gives drugflash (better yet, psychedelic effects) and + 1 PSI, +5 mana, and +5 psu.

yeah, bring em in !

common KK :/

i wonna be virtually stoned (also) when playing :)

Bugs Gunny
09-03-05, 17:32
Tattoos are expensive.
Tongue piercings cost some money too, but you get way better return on investement :-)

Anyway, i don't want ingame cigarettes, i recently quit and i couldn't stand running around in a world filled with temptation :-)

Nidhogg
09-03-05, 17:33
They're still on the list but they're not near the top I'm afraid. For one we won't do anything until item tracking is in and for two there are more important issues to address first. I'll say a little more on this topic in my next update which will either be this evening or tomorrow.

N

Notorious Fish
09-03-05, 17:37
Tattoos are expensive.
Tongue piercings cost some money too, but you get way better return on investement :-)

Anyway, i don't want ingame cigarettes, i recently quit and i couldn't stand running around in a world filled with temptation :-)

Ya mine was custom. Took me a year to draw. Taking me even longer on the one im working on now.

I quit smoking when i was 16 8| Im 19 in 2 months. Its been tough like when Im with my buds and shit and they smoke.... Totally see where your coming from, but they WOULD MAKE YOU COOL + 29373204389435

Skusty
09-03-05, 17:40
HATS!!!!! I WANT HATS!!!!!!! :D I would wear Green Forestguarders hat...

Notorious Fish
09-03-05, 17:40
HATS!!!!! I WANT HATS!!!!!!! :D I would wear Green Forestguarders hat...

Fedora...

Meliglianor
09-03-05, 18:15
i would like to have a pink cowboy hat for my H-C tank :D

FaveriN
09-03-05, 18:38
more important things i think to worry bout :P

Yeh. Like recapping my int, you troll.

Now log on and HA-ALP!

ROZZER187
09-03-05, 19:03
They're still on the list but they're not near the top I'm afraid. For one we won't do anything until item tracking is in and for two there are more important issues to address first. I'll say a little more on this topic in my next update which will either be this evening or tomorrow.

N

has anyone seen my rizla?? lol

a crap attempt at a joke i know :p

FaveriN
09-03-05, 19:23
Originally Posted by Heavyporker
Hm. I don't think they ever really planned to bring cigarettes ingame. Sunglasses, yes, but ciggies? Doubtful they said that.

Extract from http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=190

After the character has been created, you can still change cloth at the outfitter or get a new haircut at the hairdresser. Additionally you can change appearance with items like armor parts, helms, hats, sunglasses or the much requested cigarette. Of course the new character models will take advantage of the updated engine.

Dribble Joy
09-03-05, 19:34
Indeed, cigs are much awaited.

I hope they add more item slots though, two is a bit pants.
I want, a cape, a cigar, clown shoes, shades AND a top hat.

Notorious Fish
09-03-05, 19:36
Indeed, cigs are much awaited.

I hope they add more item slots though, two is a bit pants.
I want, a cape, a cigar, clown shoes, shades AND a top hat.

You like Michael Jackson that much?

Selendor
09-03-05, 19:43
I would like a paper bag accessory that I could put over my ugly character models until KK bring back the Neocron 1 models. I didn't sign up to play PlayMobil, ciggies or no ;)

Inchenzo
09-03-05, 20:13
I think they should rework the armour system , so that when you put your power armour on you can take off the helmet :)

so instead of the 5 piece armour setup, you should have 9 armour slots

2 arms 2 legs 1 head 2 feet 1 chest and a belt

and you power armour would be sliced up in a few pieces..

would be loads more interesting :)

Argent
09-03-05, 20:37
You should ask "Will they be ingame ever?".

My guess is year 2009.

Skusty
09-03-05, 20:42
I think they should rework the armour system , so that when you put your power armour on you can take off the helmet :)

so instead of the 5 piece armour setup, you should have 9 armour slots

2 arms 2 legs 1 head 2 feet 1 chest and a belt

and you power armour would be sliced up in a few pieces..

would be loads more interesting :)
Great idea! When i played AO for 1day it was so... 3slots for Head, chest, legs and foots.

Shoes would be great to in nc! :D

Freaky Fryd
10-03-05, 00:15
Yeah, and make some rare shoes...that give ath/agl bonus, or even resistance to
parashock!
:D

Morganth
10-03-05, 01:04
Yeah, and make some rare shoes...that give ath/agl bonus, or even resistance to
parashock!

LOLLERSKATES!!!!

They make you do the laughing animation whilst skating about!

Increases AGL and ATL, but more useful on hills!

Freaky Fryd
10-03-05, 01:34
Or better yet, shoes that allow you to slide down hills without taking damage!

Inchenzo
10-03-05, 01:36
let's jsut start with some basic clothing sets mmkay ?

eprodigy
10-03-05, 01:56
cigs would have been great with the nc1 models but wont it look a bit silly with the current cartoon models smoking :P

enigma_b17
10-03-05, 14:09
tbh faverin just wants to look cool while im pwning him :)

FaveriN
10-03-05, 14:34
Originally posted by enigma_b17
tbh faverin just wants to look cool while im pwning him :)

That, i agree with. If im going to die to a noob, i might as well do it in style. ;)

(Btw, NoNo. Would you believe i decided to retain my SwG items? Gonna try weaponsmith to see if its any more fun. :D )

enigma_b17
10-03-05, 14:35
o dear god.....nerd nerd nerd nerd nerd nerd nerd nerd nerd.

anyway *NERD* stuff :|

FaveriN
10-03-05, 17:42
Hey, i'd sooner craft rare and expensive weapons in SwG than run around in spandex beating on jaywalkers and candy-store robbers in CoH. :p

Any chance i could convince you to try the game? ill outfit your char in 2 seconds flat. Its not better than NC, obviously, but it provides some entertainment when NC servers are down or its not peak-time.

G'wan...Download it. You know you wanna.

Skusty
10-03-05, 18:25
Maybe they wont Intodruce Cigs because it can get People to start smoke or something O_o KK might dont want people to start smokes if its because your NC chars that smokes.

enigma_b17
10-03-05, 18:29
i honestly cant afford another game. Just bought coh the other month :(, plus i cant afford the charges every month for 2 games

FaveriN
10-03-05, 19:30
Originally posted by Skusty

In that case, they better remove the strip clubs as well, or it might influence married folks to cheat on their spouses, and children to spend their allowances on fake IDs and the entrance fees to strip clubs instead of toy trains and tutti-frutti icecream.

While we're at it, lets get rid of the weapons in the game as well. Who knows, KK might have a lawsuit on their hands because some yutz gunned down 3 'hostile' runners in his school with an unmodded uzi after getting the idea from his 10-day trial period.

C'mon...MGS2 has smokes. And this game has alcohol and drugs, yet there have been no complaints thus far because the game itself is intended for a mature audience. ;)

(No offense meant, btw. Just kidding around. :D )

Skusty
10-03-05, 21:21
In that case, they better remove the strip clubs as well, or it might influence married folks to cheat on their spouses, and children to spend their allowances on fake IDs and the entrance fees to strip clubs instead of toy trains and tutti-frutti icecream.

While we're at it, lets get rid of the weapons in the game as well. Who knows, KK might have a lawsuit on their hands because some yutz gunned down 3 'hostile' runners in his school with an unmodded uzi after getting the idea from his 10-day trial period.

C'mon...MGS2 has smokes. And this game has alcohol and drugs, yet there have been no complaints thus far because the game itself is intended for a mature audience. ;)

(No offense meant, btw. Just kidding around. :D )
Yeah Alochohol, drugs, stribclubs and maybe cigs can make u start to smoke, drink and drug if ur easy effected, but im not but guns does many games got so that dosent make so much difference. I played a game called " runescape " they got alochol but u can swear with out it get censured :lol: But you still get my point? :)