PDA

View Full Version : How goes the new planfile?

Terayon
09-03-05, 02:42
I remember reading that a new planfile was being worked on and could be done in month. Just wondering how progress has been going on it.

bubby
09-03-05, 03:56
i heard a rumor that KK is not gonna pay support personnel anymore and that patches will be limited now. Dont know how true this is but I would like to know about that plan

Forked
09-03-05, 05:56
What?! Oh my god. :eek:

Then I'm probably out of here soon. I can handle the bugs and quirks of this game as long as I know someone is working on improving it, but without that... :wtf:

Seven
09-03-05, 06:01
i heard a rumor that KK is not gonna pay support personnel anymore and that patches will be limited now. Dont know how true this is but I would like to know about that plan

How much more "limited" could they possibly get? :rolleyes:

Dr Strange
09-03-05, 06:55

Even if this rumor is true, can it get any slower for patches? I realize it takes time and testing on various things but its getting to be a patch like what, every 2+ months now?

Toilet-Duck
09-03-05, 09:26
What?! Oh my god. :eek:

Then I'm probably out of here soon. I can handle the bugs and quirks of this game as long as I know someone is working on improving it, but without that... :wtf:

Ditto, I havent been playing NC lately with all the fatals I keep getting every single day :rolleyes: .

Jesterthegreat
09-03-05, 09:33
all it takes is one person to start a rumor... *sigh*

most support are unpaid anyways. one of the most well known support people is Simon Bast (sp?)... andnot for the best of reasons tbh. however i recently noticed the new NH weapons / quad were posted by him as head of the art depo.

afaik all support is either dev's (very unlikely to stop being paid as they work on the game itself) or GM's (who have never been paid).

Terayon
09-03-05, 09:34
A plan file is just a basic long term idea on what kk wants to do with neocron. Im sure they have their own plans, and it isent exactly importent for us to see what they are planning. Im just curious.

Jesterthegreat
09-03-05, 09:43
considering the first NC2 plan file had things like
The number of enemies/monsters will be increased and some of the existing creatures will be adapted to the standard of performance of the new 3D engine, or be exchanged for higher detail models. i wouldnt be to bothered that they havent posted a new one.

higher detail models? i must have missed that ingame...

netster
09-03-05, 10:03
considering the first NC2 plan file had things like i wouldnt be to bothered that they havent posted a new one.

u want to sledgehammer your cpu ncjunkie? :lol: alot of stuff should be done in the very near future .... i wonder if we ever get a complete list up of "things ... to do / to fix" like

- zonefix
...-- regents legency
...-- WoC Dungeons (the one with the 120 cyclopse in)
- hud
...-- blabla
- game engine
...-- fix FRE
...-- fix syncbug
...-- blablabla
edit : this list would be kinda cool, just to see somethings moving .... u know ....alot ppl dont see a moving of kk to any direction :(

Terayon
09-03-05, 10:03
Ya, i guess i just like reading about what neocron could become.
O well.

naimex
09-03-05, 10:46
.... *sniff* *sniff*

this starts to smell like a chickenfarm .... *sniff* *sniff*

Yep definitely a chicken farm .... *sniff* *sniff*

Think a fox is coming soon to kill the chickens.

Prolly niddy...

Those are the most unbelieveable rumours ever lol, how can you ever even start to believe in any of it?

::

What?! Oh my god.

Then I'm probably out of here soon. I can handle the bugs and quirks of this game as long as I know someone is working on improving it, but without that...

Of course they are going to continue to work on stuff, what do you think they are doing in between patches? smoking blunts and drinking margueritas, and eating caviar? D'OH!

And support personnel has been unpaid, they have recently (a few months i think actually) been employed by KK... you know... employed = paid....

As for the little list you posted :

- zonefix
...-- regents legency
...-- WoC Dungeons (the one with the 120 cyclopse in)
- hud
...-- blabla
- game engine
...-- fix FRE
...-- fix syncbug
...-- blablabla

WoC dungeons are being worked on, they have been opened, are closed to remove exploits.

Game Enging is running way better... so I have no idea what the f*** youre on about.

Hud ?? Did you notice that big thing around the edge of your char screen?? HUD HAS BEEN REWORKED !!! some like the new look, some dont. learn to live with it, it doesnt bother me the least.

FRE? ive had very few FRE's in nc2, and they were all related to memory leaks, who are mostly fixed now.

Synch bugs are related to bad internet connection and computer performance and how many people online in the vicinity that can cause too much load at same time.

Zonefix ?? what zonefix?? zones are fine as they are... there is no need for a zone fix...

as for regants legacy it could be done in a few hours, but there are more urgent things to attend to you know, and besides it has to be decided what to have there first.

well, the new models are better, cant say for the old.

DaxAra
09-03-05, 11:30
...and that's the way the cookie crumbles.. ;)

Nidhogg
09-03-05, 11:36
Oh FFS. I heard that there are aliens in the middle of the earth and we never landed on the moon. Get a grip.

The plan file won't be here before the international release is out of the way I'm afraid. It wouldn't really make sense to set out new plans until the release phases are completed.

N

/edit - about the only thing I can think off that resembles that rumour is what's happening with NC1; no support is available except for account support and there will be no further patches. That's NC1 only.

Ultazha
09-03-05, 11:42
Oh FFS. I heard that there are aliens in the middle of the earth and we never landed on the moon. Get a grip.

The plan file won't be here before the international release is out of the way I'm afraid. It wouldn't really make sense to set out new plans until the release phases are completed.

N

/edit - about the only thing I can think off that resembles that rumour is what's happening with NC1; no support is available except for account support and there will be no further patches. That's NC1 only.

And what's new about the international release. First quarter is reaching its end... :(

DaxAra
09-03-05, 11:43
and as i remember it that has been a fact since before NC2 was launched ;)

Dr Strange
09-03-05, 11:52
Hud ?? Did you notice that big thing around the edge of your char screen?? HUD HAS BEEN REWORKED !!! some like the new look, some dont. learn to live with it, it doesnt bother me the least.

Alot of MMORPGS, especially newer ones like WoW (even older ones like AO) allow for HUD customization. Hell when the NC2 open beta started, a fan site had a hud customization skin that basically removed the excess clutter the new HUD's add and just gave you the hud for them. You still had a slight little design around the huds but the little "bars" that "connected" the HUDs to the screen were gone. Even small edits like that can make for a much better playing experience. As a FPS player for going on 8 years, I live by customization, specifically a minimalistic customaztion; just the info I need with as little screen space taken as possible.

FRE? ive had very few FRE's in nc2, and they were all related to memory leaks, who are mostly fixed now.

OK, for the millionth time; That's nice you don't FRE often. A certain percentage of all NC2 players don't FRE often. However, for every 1 of you that doesn't FRE often there's 10 others that FRE alot, each and every day.

Lemme also get this clear; those of us that FRE alot, most of us easily meet the game requirements for playing the game. While the past has taught us not all games will run fine with just the minimal requirements met, when you're playing an 3D MMORPG that is basically on par visually with any number of third person adventure games on an old console system like PS1 or N64, the game shouldn't be that buggy simply out of princple and as such we expect better performance out of something that is not that graphically demanding.

Synch bugs are related to bad internet connection and computer performance and how many people online in the vicinity that can cause too much load at same time.

Again not the players fault. I am American. I realize there is going to be a higher ping time for using a server over seas. A higher ping time is acceptable, synching out at random times is not. Personally this doesn't happen often to me but there are friends of mine who get lag synchs alot and they are on perfectly stable connections with pings under 120. Now if it is a server thing, well that's KK's end of the court to step up and increase server performance with the money we pay them each month.

Zonefix ?? what zonefix?? zones are fine as they are... there is no need for a zone fix...

Really? Try going to some of the Abandonded Sectors in the Dome. There are some where NavRay doesn't work, at all. You can go into a faction sector, and begin your NavRay, go into say Abandonded 05 and your NavRay is suddenly busted. Or how about when you go to synch into just any zone and it lags for a little longer than normal and BAM you've synched into the middle of the sector? Not always a problem but when yer a low level character trying to make his/her way to Tech Haven to tag the GR, sometimes landing smack middle in a sector isn't the best. (gotta love getting that problem in the D04/C** area where theres Replicants that can chew a Rhino in 4 hits let alone a player)

as for regants legacy it could be done in a few hours, but there are more urgent things to attend to you know, and besides it has to be decided what to have there first.

Well they did open some closed Clubs last patch so they are working on closed off areas, at least to some degree. However it is agreed there are more pressing issues (FRE's and memory leak, not to mention promised content thats not there) that need addressing first.[/QUOTE]

Morganth
09-03-05, 12:25
considering the first NC2 plan file had things like i wouldnt be to bothered that they havent posted a new one.

Gotta love some of MJS's posts:

The whole game will be polished and the master goals of gameplay will change drastically. You will also get dozens of new features.

Now the aim of gameplay is to not get your class nerfed, and to keep the game alive. The "dozens" of new features include crap like the Taxis, retarded HUD and of course the excellent clipping handling of the engine.

EDIT: If you've multiple accounts, then you will only need to pay once for NC:BDOY and not multiple times.

Well even if this was true Click2Crap wouldn't let you anyway.

And my all time favourite:

Well, beyond the new features NC:BDOY will bring, there will also be a whole new look for the entire game. "Polished" is a little weak term for what we'll do.

The whole new look is what a lot of people complained about when we saw it. And according to Dictionary.com "polished" means:

To remove flaws from; perfect or complete:

Well, we all know thats bullshit. Perhaps you should look at another definition from that same website:

Exaggerate:

To represent as greater than is actually the case; overstate: exaggerate the size of the enemy force; exaggerated his own role in the episode. To enlarge or increase to an abnormal degree: thick lenses that exaggerated the size of her eyes.

I guess thats why there are hardly ever any posts from Devs etc about the future, because they know very well they can't fulfill them.

naimex
09-03-05, 12:42
Alot of MMORPGS, especially newer ones like WoW (even older ones like AO) allow for HUD customization. Hell when the NC2 open beta started, a fan site had a hud customization skin that basically removed the excess clutter the new HUD's add and just gave you the hud for them. You still had a slight little design around the huds but the little "bars" that "connected" the HUDs to the screen were gone. Even small edits like that can make for a much better playing experience.

Well, no one said they wouldnt allow hud customization again in the future.

It was said that for the time being, it wasnt allowed.

As a FPS player for going on 8 years, I live by customization, specifically a minimalistic customaztion; just the info I need with as little screen space taken as possible.

Thats so good for you... ive played FPS games for over 12 years...

And im not bothered at all by it... could it be you it was wrong with, that had just been unable to adjust to things? or is it the rest of the world that simply is so used to games having different looks and are able to adjust to game-huds in a heartbeat.....

OK, for the millionth time; That's nice you don't FRE often. A certain percentage of all NC2 players don't FRE often. However, for every 1 of you that doesn't FRE often there's 10 others that FRE alot, each and every day.

Lemme also get this clear; those of us that FRE alot, most of us easily meet the game requirements for playing the game. While the past has taught us not all games will run fine with just the minimal requirements met, when you're playing an 3D MMORPG that is basically on par visually with any number of third person adventure games on an old console system like PS1 or N64, the game shouldn't be that buggy simply out of princple and as such we expect better performance out of something that is not that graphically demanding.

Im surprised you havent learned yet....

minimum requirements are the absolute minimum you need to be able to securely start the game.

It has nothing to do with you being able to play the game, without severe lag and problems

even the recommended requirements are just so you can play the game fairly proper.

Again not the players fault. I am American. I realize there is going to be a higher ping time for using a server over seas. A higher ping time is acceptable, synching out at random times is not. Personally this doesn't happen often to me but there are friends of mine who get lag synchs alot and they are on perfectly stable connections with pings under 120. Now if it is a server thing, well that's KK's end of the court to step up and increase server performance with the money we pay them each month.

how can KK speed up server performance??

I guess that if your friends from america can play without problems, then its at your place its wrong. with your connection and your computer.

If every american has a problem with this.
Then it is most likely the computers and connections on the way between server and you.

Cuz if it was a server performance problem, then everyone would have problems, no matter where they were.

Really? Try going to some of the Abandonded Sectors in the Dome. There are some where NavRay doesn't work, at all. You can go into a faction sector, and begin your NavRay, go into say Abandonded 05 and your NavRay is suddenly busted. Or how about when you go to synch into just any zone and it lags for a little longer than normal and BAM you've synched into the middle of the sector? Not always a problem but when yer a low level character trying to make his/her way to Tech Haven to tag the GR, sometimes landing smack middle in a sector isn't the best. (gotta love getting that problem in the D04/C** area where theres Replicants that can chew a Rhino in 4 hits let alone a player)

You do know, that navray and zones, are 2 different things right ?

you want a NAV-Ray fix, not a zone fix.

zone fix is the world area you are in that will get fixed.

Nav ray fix is where the GPS thingy of the zone is gonna get fixed.

Jesterthegreat
09-03-05, 14:27
we never landed on the moon.

dont start that... we will get posts askin why the flag on the first moon landing was blowing in the "wind" and discussion about how russia gave up on the space race cos there was hazardous waste between the moon and here, and US made it about a week after thet (or some shit... i forget the arguements i heard about it :p)

Nidhogg
09-03-05, 15:03
dont start that... we will get posts askin why the flag on the first moon landing was blowing in the "wind" and discussion about how russia gave up on the space race cos there was hazardous waste between the moon and here, and US made it about a week after thet (or some shit... i forget the arguements i heard about it :p)
It's all crap though (http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html). Truly, if you believe all that conspiracy-theory nonsense you're 100% qualified to appear on Springer's "Morons, and the brainless sheep who follow them".

N

Crest
09-03-05, 15:15
It's all crap though (http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html). Truly, if you believe all that conspiracy-theory nonsense you're 100% qualified to appear on Springer's "Morons, and the brainless sheep who follow them".

N

Spend all that money to launch and get to the moon and turn back ? Seems little funny to me :) :) :) :)

naimex
09-03-05, 15:17
Spend all that money to launch and get to the moon and turn back ? Seems little funny to me :) :) :) :)

You looked at the reasons why people go to war lately?

No different....

DaxAra
09-03-05, 15:49
darmit ppl.. stop blaming others for your own incompetence.

Sure, i get lags sometimes too whenn i am on NC. and i got a 100Mb/s FD connection..
however: i sometimes also get lag whenn i am connecting to one of my servers only 2meters away from me.
It has nothing to do with the KK's Servers they are just fine.

Whenn i get a lag; i know its time to low-format my computer and reinstall Windows all over. (Saveing NO files locally at all, 100% empty).
after i reinstalled Windows, the correct drivers, my default set of software, and some games NC2 runs 100% perfect on my AMD Duron 800Mhz with only 640Mb of SDRam (o yeah, and i am useing an old IDE HD).

If Neocron can run BELOW its minimum system requirements on my pc without a lag. you must be doing something wrong!!!

LiL T
09-03-05, 15:56
Welldone for causing panic :rolleyes:

Selendor
09-03-05, 16:14
Good post by Morganth there tbh. Made me chuckle anyway.

I'd like to read a plan file in the patch notes of a Neocron Patch, actions are better than words, especially for those of us that have been with Neocron a long time. ;)

Original monk
09-03-05, 16:21
If Neocron can run BELOW its minimum system requirements on my pc without a lag. you must be doing something wrong!!!

ya can go waay lower even, and still play :) in certain places the game turns into a slideshow tough :P but still doable hehe

i also had a nice reaction on nidhoggs statement that there where aliens living in the middle of the earth :P i removed it tough cause it went abit to OT :)

i dont think the inhabitants of the middle of our world would like anyone to call em aliens tough, even they have there feelings i can imagine and there's no reason to reject others even if they life in unusual places and have other daily habits then we humans have :)

but anyways

l8m0n
09-03-05, 17:24
I guess thats why there are hardly ever any posts from Devs etc about the future, because they know very well they can't fulfill them.
LOL truth hurts doesnt it, im still playing this game after the years of lies and broken promises, but im still here cos i do belive when NC goes world wide then they will have to "sort it" cos people from the US (they love sewing people :p) will have a field-day sewing KK for false advertising ;)

Notorious Fish
09-03-05, 17:32

N

N, he heard a rumour and came hear for verifaction. I think that was the best thing to do. Its not liek he spread it. He wanted to know if it was factual. And if your goin to use an example use one thats not true. DUDE everyone knows about the Aliens... and George Bush.

Bugs Gunny
09-03-05, 17:35
I don't mind the aliens visting my house, but i do mind them cluttering the place with all their junk.

I mean, that timemachine looks nice, but that antigravitygenerator is just lying there in the corner. I mean, what am i to do with all this shit?

Nidhogg
09-03-05, 17:39
@Notorious, by posting it here he was spreading it - look at the response it generated. He could have PM'd me if he wanted a straight answer.

@l8m0n - you're mistaken. My role is to do exactly what you say we don't do any more and I'm always responsive. Saying anything else is trolling in my book. BTW, I just posted something on accessories and I'll be posting a full update on a wide variety of issues later on tonight or tomorrow.

N

Notorious Fish
09-03-05, 17:41

N he states he doesnt know if its true.

But no matter i still love you N

Callash
09-03-05, 17:51
One time, we had a thread in the german forum asking if it would be true that you get more slots when doing various stuff. I replied and told him it would be all rubbish, and included some of those rumours I knew about, plus a new one I just came up with at that time: "You don't get more slots when you take off your psi gauntlet when constructing." It was completely made up at that point, and tbh I didn't think what could happen. Because ever since, I heard exactly this rumour multiple times from players. Get this, they even said "Callash admitted that you get more slots when you take off your gauntlet". Me, as a player char, I just said "cool", but I was SO laughing my ass off...

one of the most well known support people is Simon Bast (sp?)... andnot for the best of reasons tbh. however i recently noticed the new NH weapons / quad were posted by him as head of the art depo.
You are mixing up Stephan Bast aka Carnage, the Support Guy, with Simon Bachmann aka Seminus, the Art Guy :) The Simon Bast is one of those hybrids nobody really wants to see, trust me :D

Bugs Gunny
09-03-05, 17:58
That's so funny. How stupid can they be to believe that.
Everyone knows you get most slots when you take a lom pill before constructing.

Notorious Fish
09-03-05, 17:58
One time, we had a thread in the german forum asking if it would be true that you get more slots when doing various stuff. I replied and told him it would be all rubbish, and included some of those rumours I knew about, plus a new one I just came up with at that time: "You don't get more slots when you take off your psi gauntlet when constructing." It was completely made up at that point, and tbh I didn't think what could happen. Because ever since, I heard exactly this rumour multiple times from players. Get this, they even said "Callash admitted that you get more slots when you take off your gauntlet". Me, as a player char, I just said "cool", but I was SO laughing my ass off...

You are mixing up Stephan Bast aka Carnage, the Support Guy, with Simon Bachmann aka Seminus, the Art Guy :) The Simon Bast is one of those hybrids nobody really wants to see, trust me :D

Hrhr. But you told me that... nah I know but I just thought the forums is better to ask about romours then in game, because the smarter people(save for me) are the ones on the forums. So I think its the best place to ask about romours. I dont feel that people need to get upset or angry with him. Especially when he says "I dont know if its true..."

bubby
09-03-05, 17:59
I was not trying to Spread a rumor I was just asking if it was true, sorry if it got people up in arms and crazy panic.

Just wanted to know.

Again sorry for causing panic.

Notorious Fish
09-03-05, 18:00
I was not trying to Spread a rumor I was just asking if it was true, sorry if it got people up in arms and crazy panic.

Just wanted to know.

Again sorry for causing panic.

I know man. Everyone else is LOCO man EL LOCO

Callash
09-03-05, 18:00
Especially when he says "I dont know if its true..."
ALL rumours start with "I don't know if it's true". If you say "It's like that, no doubt. 100% sure. Yup, trust me.", everyone will be like "o_O Waaaait a minute..."

Notorious Fish
09-03-05, 18:03
ALL rumours start with "I don't know if it's true". If you say "It's like that, no doubt. 100% sure. Yup, trust me.", everyone will be like "o_O Waaaait a minute..."

I guess Im different from everyone else. When someone tell me they dont know if its true. I assume he doesnt know if its true. But Im just wierd.

He even apologized when he had to reason to thats sooo sweet

Dm me in game Bubby i got a present for ya. First PM with your character names.

Callash
09-03-05, 18:11
Rumours are fun, though. (http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2004-02-23&res=l)

Edit: At least that's what *I* heard.

Lexxuk
09-03-05, 18:33
I heard KK are going to release patches more frequently!! At least thats what I heard :angel: :lol: :lol:

Notorious Fish
09-03-05, 18:35
I heard KK are going to release patches more frequently!! At least thats what I heard :angel: :lol: :lol:

Haha go back like 4 or 5 comics the one called them bones. i laffed

Lothar IB
09-03-05, 19:07
DaxAra do you work as tech support for a company?

Jesterthegreat
09-03-05, 22:08
Aliens... and George Bush.

arent they the same thing? :p

:edit:

i prefer "a guy down the pub told me..." :p

Original monk
09-03-05, 22:48
this last thread i read here cracked me up lol, goodnight

Morganth
09-03-05, 22:54
[ edited ]

Good post by Morganth there tbh. Made me chuckle anyway.

I'd like to read a plan file in the patch notes of a Neocron Patch, actions are better than words, especially for those of us that have been with Neocron a long time. ;)

:cool:

Siggy'd. :p

Original monk
10-03-05, 10:45
[ edited ]

youre right ... where only humans and that should be respected :)

but i dont think a judge will punish a gamecompany that easy :) its there game you see, they do what they like with it hehe ... unless there somesort of horrible thing they did you wrong ... wich i dont think is exactly the case hehe

if you really wonna file a lawsuit ya better give the money you would of spend on lawyers to KK, then they can hire and extra coder, modeler, artist or whatever with it and the game also improves :)

if i where a company i would of calculated the expenses of lawsuits in my budget hehe (think it would be more copyrightorientated then towards players tough ..) ... think a single NC player vs a company is peanuts .. unless there's are real good reason, with other words, when they have broken somesort of serieus law :) or ... when you have a full office of lawyers working for you for free lol

btw my lawyer is the head of he's own office, he's a friend of me and works for free luckely :P normally it costs ya 100 euro if he sends you 1 simple letter ... nuff said lol, 1 euro for the stamp and the rest for typing the letter :P i never suied anyone in my life tough, noone does me harm, he did however saved my ass a few times in court :) (place i never wonna be ever again in my life is infront of a judge lol)

Nidhogg
10-03-05, 11:49
Morganth, I know shit-talk on the Internet is cheap and that it's fun to believe that you have "freedom of speech". The reality is that saying things like "I'd love it if KK got sued" on our own website is terminally dumb. I have absolutely zero interest in entertaining people who harbour such beliefs against us so consider this a warning; make a statement like that again and I'll bounce you out of this forum faster than you can say "litigious".

N