PDA

View Full Version : Summat wrong....

Dribble Joy
08-03-05, 17:42
My comp is being silly.
Something somewhere in the options of IE has been change in the last two days that means that whenever I try to right-click 'save-as' or double click a link in irc, I get 'Your security settings do not allow you to download this file'.
I have looked in IE options for ages and am at a loss as to how to rectify this.

Help....

Revslad
08-03-05, 17:52
did you install sp2?

Spoon
08-03-05, 17:55
Your Security settings are probably set to "High", reset it to "Medium" and/or go to the "Custom Level" window(on the Security tab) and set the ActiveX and Download options to your liking(whether or not you want to be prompted to download)...

Skusty
08-03-05, 18:16
Hope you fix it :( I cant help tough just wanna wish you luck to fix it :D

Dribble Joy
08-03-05, 18:27
OK..... the button for custom level for internet security can't be selected....
It's on medium though, and I changed the local intranet settings to allow ActiveX.

Arg, how do I activate cookies?

Skusty
08-03-05, 20:40
OK..... the button for custom level for internet security can't be selected....
It's on medium though, and I changed the local intranet settings to allow ActiveX.

Eat them !!! :p

Jesterthegreat
09-03-05, 02:19

you set it to custom :(

Dribble Joy
09-03-05, 02:23
But when I do that the button that opens up the options greys out.

Jesterthegreat
09-03-05, 02:28
But when I do that the button that opens up the options greys out.

this is what you should see if you run XP

just click "Custom Level..." to change options

john irons
09-03-05, 02:29
iv'e read up about this somewhere else and they were saying that to fly a ship you'll need lots of crew members like in bridge commander, but you will be able to walk round the ship and beam down to planets.

also you'll be able to be either terran klingon or vulcan from the start with more races made later on.

wow... im a trekkie :/

Jesterthegreat
09-03-05, 02:30
iv'e read up about this somewhere else and they were saying that to fly a ship you'll need lots of crew members like in bridge commander, but you will be able to walk round the ship and beam down to planets.

also you'll be able to be either terran klingon or vulcan from the start with more races made later on.

wow... im a trekkie :/

his the star trek mmo thread now? 8|

john irons
09-03-05, 02:31
and im also a useless prick.

danm you firefox and your middle mouse button tabs.

Jesterthegreat
09-03-05, 02:32
and im also a useless prick.

danm you firefox and your middle mouse button tabs.

my middle mouse = wheel

and it does universl scrolling :p

and i <3 firefox

john irons
09-03-05, 02:33
dribble get firefox. period

Dribble Joy
09-03-05, 02:34
I don't appear to be able to set it to custom at all, just the sider. Buttons are not clickable.

Jesterthegreat
09-03-05, 02:36
I don't appear to be able to set it to custom at all, just the sider. Buttons are not clickable.

hmmm... dunno

i always used www.annoyances.org for stupid things i couldnt work out... far better than MS's shitty support newsgroup thing

Dribble Joy
17-03-05, 00:02
I know bumping is bad, but sod it.

It's happening again.
I can't click on links to files, can't right click save as.

Spoon
17-03-05, 08:01
Do you have an anti-virus or anti-spyware program that may be blocking changes to the Internet security?

Or have you tried logging on as admin or booting up in safemode to change those settings?