PDA

View Full Version : Tank HC max

RAB
07-03-05, 16:19
I haven't played my tank since NC1 ages ago, and when I came back to NC2 I no longer had any of my gear. Recently a very nice clan has taken me on and fully kitted me out but with the new HC imps and a little loming I now have over 200 HC all in. I seem to cap everything up to and including my moonstriker (not sure about rof - got 41) but certainly CAP everything on a CS and Ravgr.... I see a lot of hybrid tanks around now... so my question is for you current and experienced tank players... wot is the max that it is worth going to with HC now ?
Thx.

Bugs Gunny
07-03-05, 16:21
I get 180 hc as a hybrid tank, and i get 160 melee.

RAB
07-03-05, 16:22
wot do you cap with that ? and is that using drugs ?

Dribble Joy
07-03-05, 16:24
I imagine he caps everything.
The HC skills were tweaked, but in true KK style it went a bit Pete Tong.

RAB
07-03-05, 16:28
so there is no point in me having over 200HC then and should invest in some LOMs !??
:(

Bugs Gunny
07-03-05, 16:31
That's using viper king, so if i wanted to i could simulate being a melee tank by putting that pa on.
I use a ravager and thunderbolt.
But i might as well go to gogo, slap on melee pa and go pob thunderbolt onsomeone.
This setup even made me delete my near capped melee tank to free up a slot for something else.

Original monk
07-03-05, 16:32
with 180 heavy and 160 mellee ya dont cap everything ...not the pob for sure :)

i cap everything up to pob and everything up to cs :) (thats with HCpa on, i dont like PA but if you cap both mellee and heavy at the same time i have no problem with it)

witouth drugs .. with a liiiitlebit gimpage tough

tough beast is extremely nice to cap HC heavily and to gain some runspeed when wearing HCpa ...

a pure tank should basically win vs a hybridtank if both are of the same skill and if the hybridtank doesnt uses the thunderbolt ...

basically :)

Bugs Gunny
07-03-05, 16:37
Yeah, i don't cap em all, but i don't need to, the ravager is autoaim sniperpower, and the thunderbolt helps a lot :-)

It's also very good to fight melee tanks, cuz then they can't shock you and dance around you, you shock them too and keep running backwards, which makes only half their hits register.

Plus, if i got with the melee setup i ALWAYS cary a tl 84 plasma cannon too, for taking out stealthers.

Notorious Fish
07-03-05, 16:54
I went Hybrid, and for me at least, I found that HC is the win.

First of all I like to blast the shit out of things. The entails whipping out a CS and nailing you to the ground.

With melee I found my self whipping out the Thunderbolt, then missing 2-3 times, then getting to my CS and hitting. While that whole time he was hitting you. And that whole time is only effective if he DOESNT have anti shock in his quick- belt.

If you practice enough, you dont even need for the guy to be para'd at all. :)

Inchenzo
07-03-05, 17:09
on my hybrid tank i capp all HC up to Moonstriker with 180 points (who needs a doombeamer)

and with 181 MC i almost capp my paw of bear.

hope that helps

MISS WHIP
08-03-05, 09:21
ok then i must be over-doing it then with my 250 HC :D :D
with a selfbuff HC/ camo pa3.

Unless you go hybrid there is no where else to put those extra pts so ill leave it like that for now.
I think they should make the WOC weapons 250 HC requirment bye- bye hybrids.

Bugs Gunny
08-03-05, 10:12
Euh... ever heard of resist force? :-)

l8m0n
08-03-05, 10:18
Dont think he has and maybe thats why somepeople drop in one mag ;)

netster
08-03-05, 10:40
so there is no point in me having over 200HC then and should invest in some LOMs !??
:(
hey mate.... 185 hc / 70wep are very enuogh to capp a good cs. with moveon/zerk3/proto/marine/hc-eye3/pa3/BQ imp/beast/selfbuff basic1/melee1 u're about 180hc/180melee/114 resist force and 1 points in transport. thats kinda good for the first steps in tanky hyb-world, even more fine-tuning is possible, but its a good base.

cheers

N3v3rM0r3
08-03-05, 11:16
u can do a hybrid tank (holy thunderstorm--> cursed or devurer )

but is 2 noob for me

N3v3rM0r3

Inchenzo
08-03-05, 14:04

it's useless to have points in resist force on a tank when he has capped strenght, it doesn't help his resists..

In a way the strenght level influences your natural resist force and so the higher strenht level you have the less points you need in resist force.

Bugs Gunny
08-03-05, 14:19
I would like to see proof of this.
Granted, on a capped str hc tank you wear armor that almost takes your resist force to 200 total, so you need just a little in resist force to get there.

But this is the first time i hear anyone say that STR adds to your resist force.

Besides if it were so, its the piercing from melee weapons he has to watch out for still.

Original monk
08-03-05, 14:53
I would like to see proof of this.
Granted, on a capped str hc tank you wear armor that almost takes your resist force to 200 total, so you need just a little in resist force to get there.

But this is the first time i hear anyone say that STR adds to your resist force.

Besides if it were so, its the piercing from melee weapons he has to watch out for still.

people always told me the same ... tanks dont need resist force ...dunno if its true or not but up until now i never put 1 point in resist force on my tank :) and i dont seem to miss it :) maybe cause indeed tank armour and maybe even the bones give you resist force if needed :)

when youre a hybridtank you cant afford resist force anyways hehe

when i think force i automatically think about psi-attack 2 (and a bit novaCS's), very dangerous even for a capped HCtank (or hybrid) think inchenzo and angeldust found that out yesterday in NF :P

btw small question: the explosive ammo ... it says it does fire damage but whats the diffrence then between phosphor and explosive ? is phosphor stacking and explosive instant ? or is there some extra force with explosive ? i dunno .. tell me, everyone always telling me total oposite story's lol

@ nevermore: i dont think a tank can get to the requests to use a holy thunderstorm (rare energybarrel) as they also cant reach the thunderstorm (rare freezer rifle) :)

ffcourse i know what you mean: the melleeshocker, thunderbolt or even the lower one, the electrical tempest :)

Bugs Gunny
08-03-05, 15:04
With standard tank armor and pa 3 you get 189 piercing armor.
However with a viper king vest you only get around 180.

l8m0n
08-03-05, 15:49
I thought all wepons to a point did force damg, meaning you will need some points in res. force? O_o

Notorious Fish
08-03-05, 15:57
I thought all wepons to a point did force damg, meaning you will need some points in res. force? O_o

Doesnt hurt to have like 10 points in force

And dude 250 HC is overkill man unless you have a all 10% CS

Morganth
08-03-05, 20:14
My tank has 190 HC and caps everything, and 114 resist force because I feel like it.

Personally I dislike hybrid tanks, because if they need to shock someone in order to hit them once then they need to learn how to shoot. Melee I can understand, as the hits don't always register. But a tank that shocks you then pulls a CS/Rav is pathetic.

Notorious Fish
08-03-05, 20:17
My tank has 190 HC and caps everything, and 114 resist force because I feel like it.

Personally I dislike hybrid tanks, because if they need to shock someone in order to hit them once then they need to learn how to shoot. Melee I can understand, as the hits don't always register. But a tank that shocks you then pulls a CS/Rav is pathetic.

Agreed

Original monk
08-03-05, 20:31

correct ... my tanks a hybrid ... i dislike the stun immense .. (i dont dislike parashock in general ... tough this stun is way overpowerd ...thunderbolt for sure)

i would like to see the stuneffect removed completely from the melleeshockers, maybe add damage ... but atleast heavily nerfed in stunpower...

i can understand melleetanks also with the hits ... dont know if the stun is that powerfull on purpose to compensate this bug tough ... maybe its yust that powerfull by itself dunno actually ..

Inchenzo
08-03-05, 21:48

I have a hybrid tank, and i'm all with ya on the shocker that it needs some definate nerfing

Morganth
09-03-05, 01:54
heh I was expected to be flamed about the shockers on HC tank thing. But it is true sadly. I am all for a hybrid tank that will hit you with a Rav at range, then pull a PoB when you get upclose. Makes PvP more interesting for people at both ends. But if the bastard pulls a shocker, then it immediately spoils my fun at least.

Although the last dick who pulled that stunt was Spookie, and needless to say he died. Then his buttbuddies came along and ganked me on two APUs, but whatcha gonna do.

Jesterthegreat
09-03-05, 02:12
heh I was expected to be flamed about the shockers on HC tank thing. But it is true sadly. I am all for a hybrid tank that will hit you with a Rav at range, then pull a PoB when you get upclose. Makes PvP more interesting for people at both ends. But if the bastard pulls a shocker, then it immediately spoils my fun at least.

Although the last dick who pulled that stunt was Spookie, and needless to say he died. Then his buttbuddies came along and ganked me on two APUs, but whatcha gonna do.

i hate hyb tanks that shock...

melee tanks when im para'd dont seem as bad as a CS using tank.

Dribble Joy
09-03-05, 02:20
I don't like the idea of tank hybrids, simply because you should simply not be able to use both systems as well as you can now.

Jesterthegreat
09-03-05, 02:25
I don't like the idea of tank hybrids, simply because you should simply not be able to use both systems as well as you can now.

i did it for a while on uranus... where it wasnt possible to cap a CS if youwere pure :p

49 psi use and just enough MC to use thunderbolt.

i got bored of it though, got a 4 slotTL 1 par made instead :D

Bozz-Von Mel
09-03-05, 02:28

Being forced to choose 1 system is what sucks about most char setups now. Hybrids and such at least mixes things up and we are not all the same. Off topic: I wish you could manipulate some of the caps at char creation, not extreme, just 10 levels here or there.

Bugs Gunny
09-03-05, 10:13
If they remove shockers they should remove para also.

Original monk
09-03-05, 10:19

is there anything you dont wonna see nerfed ? :p

im glad like they said here that there is atleast some differentiation, i dont wonna end up that we have the ability to choose between a deagle/colt/shotty/awp lol and all have 100 hp and 100 armour :)

and yes morganth, i know you cant name names here but i think spookie's favourite weapon is indeed that thunderbolt ... annoying to say atleast

Morganth
09-03-05, 11:55
and yes morganth, i know you cant name names here but i think spookie's favourite weapon is indeed that thunderbolt ... annoying to say atleast

Fortunately his aim with it is the same as his aim with a CS. :rolleyes:

Morganth
09-03-05, 11:56
If they remove shockers they should remove para also.

Well, at least remove the para effect on shockers. Nothing wrong with having shockers as an actual melee weapon rather than as a general annoyance.

EDIT: ******** double post

Bugs Gunny
09-03-05, 12:05
And as for sp*****, some people just can't help dming you after you kill em about how they had no ammo, were without armor and had their imps out, under si etc.....

Morganth
09-03-05, 12:28
And as for sp*****, some people just can't help dming you after you kill em about how they had no ammo, were without armor and had their imps out, under si etc.....

Yeah, I had someone DM saying the reason they lost to me was because they had yellow SL O_o

Needless to say when they had green SL and caught me off guard, guess who needed another excuse? :lol:

Bugs Gunny
09-03-05, 12:31
There's only two in there that i know can fight without a ppu, and one of them quit.
Fighting with or without a ppu is so very different that of you get too use to a ppu you'll drop like a fly if you're alone.

Jesterthegreat
09-03-05, 14:20
kitsunex needs no ppu

i try not to on my PE, but i wont say i dont use PPU's.

sultana
09-03-05, 14:29
And this is different from parashock and any other weapon besides melee, how?