PDA

View Full Version : [CBT] KK not necessarily worse than Reakktor...

ArgieD
06-03-05, 17:16
Those who have read my threads in the past will have no difficulty realising that I have been a pro-Reakktor chap. I never liked those who flamed KK for no justified reason.

People have complained about bugs and other in-game features from time to time. Others about C2P or the community itself. But most of all I felt sorry for my own real life pals.

These chaps heard about MMORPGs for months now. We reached a point that they wanted to give it a go. Eventually, they paid me a visit to the UK, where I live. I got them all to try NC on different servers wherever I had free slots. They all got excited (not as many problems in the non-international servers) and after a couple of days playing this game, decided they wanted to create their own accounts. So what, you're gonna ask. Why do we care dear old Argie?

Because what happened afterwards made me change my entire perception of the game. None of them has managed to get their fully operational credit cards through C2P. I went mad. I wanted them all to join, so I offered to open their accounts with my own credit card, which had no problem.

After I spend some time on the phone with some very polite German ladies, I managed to create further NC2 accounts on my own C2P account. I thought I beat the system; I was delighted, without realising that was in for a big shock.

Reakktor did not email any usernames or passwords for the new accounts. I was livid; anybody who'd expect to get beyond the C2P maze would never imagine KK being the one preventing them from joining. When I tried to contact account@ and the ever polite Nidhogg, I had received nothing, even until the present moment (although, the latter admitedly helped out in the past, when he could).

As a result, the trial has started, the days are passing and my mates are now on their way back where they came from, where I can imagine that they'll everybody that NC is a piece of ****. I really don't understand what prevents Reakktor to give us our bloody passwords so we can get started.

We reached a point where

C2P can proudly say: OK we have done our bit!
Nidhogg: OK now we can help indeed.
Reakktor:....................................

In conclusion, this misadventure will teach me not to support one side and curse the other until I see for myself what the real issue is. As far as I'm concerned, Reakktor are not any better that C2P and the more the time passes without getting hold of the passwords the more certain will I become that the beloved billing company is not the one at fault.

Dribble Joy
06-03-05, 17:30
You assume that there could not have been a loss of communication anywhere.

Either between C2P and KK in telling that there were two new accounts validated, or the mails with the username/pw to you.

ArgieD
06-03-05, 17:43
Oh, I'm not saying that there is not a communications prob here. In fact I think this is the problem by all means.

My issue is that I feel like the ultimate idiot for:

-) Defending Reakktor all the time blind.
-) Trying to convince all my mates that there is a game called Neocron that is "better" than the WoW they have heard about.

I should have kept schtum and let they guys join that WoW thingy as they intented beforehand, rather than damaging my credibility over my own RL friends...

I mean, for Gods sake, it's fair enough when KK's hands are tied when it comes to C2P or bugs, or SL, or Pkill, or, or, or.., but when it's a matter of them sending a bloody password, then I get pissed off big time!

Jesterthegreat
06-03-05, 17:50
I should have kept schtum and let they guys join that WoW thingy as they intented beforehand, rather than damaging my credibility over my own RL friends...

meh...

i wouldnt recommend this game to anyone as it currently stands, which is a sad situation

mishkin
06-03-05, 18:31
This happened to me when I upgraded both accounts.... the easiest way to solve it, is to go to the launcher, click my account, and then click the little "here"-link down in the right corner... and you'll give them your accountname and they send you a new password... which WILL come... worked twice for me, after I for some reason didn't get my passes when upgrading... :rolleyes:

El Jimben
06-03-05, 18:38
As much as I love/hate this game, the fact that so many people can't even get to witness the bugs beggars belief!

Nidhogg
06-03-05, 19:15
What's your ticket number? I'll find out what's happening. I've got your PM btw but it's in a stack that I'm working through. ;)

N

ArgieD
06-03-05, 22:00
This happened to me when I upgraded both accounts.... the easiest way to solve it, is to go to the launcher, click my account, and then click the little "here"-link down in the right corner... and you'll give them your accountname and they send you a new password... which WILL come... worked twice for me, after I for some reason didn't get my passes when upgrading... :rolleyes:

That has solved the problem, and I do thank you very much. Free CST / REP / REC / RES / IMP for life at Terra mate

@Nidhogg: It's ok. Thanks a lot, but we craked it. You may now close this Thread (and make it disappear if you wish / can)

Cheers

Zheo
06-03-05, 22:25
@Nidhogg: It's ok. Thanks a lot, but we craked it. You may now close this Thread (and make it disappear if you wish / can)

Cheers

I'm glad someone got their problem solved :) [ edited ]

Gotterdammerung
07-03-05, 08:49
closed at starters request