PDA

View Full Version : [brainport] offbeat drone/r idea... new way of ammo-modding drones

Heavyporker
04-03-05, 20:50
Just thought of this one...

what if you could find a special part to construct drones with... and it'd take that ammo class and any damage type in that class?

Like.. if you find this part, and build a punisher ( RG class drone) drone... you would have to get raygun cannon ammo every time you fly it out.. BUT.. you could choose xray, explosive, or advanced for it?

Like for GAL drone, you could choose advanced, flazer, or gamma for it!

Raptor (gatling class drone), you could choose explosive, uranium, phosphor!

What do you guys think of this idea?

enigma_b17
04-03-05, 20:52
its an interesting idea, but drones + ammo? no thanks lol drones are heavy enough as it is

Tostino
04-03-05, 21:13
I will say yes but only if they nerf the damage that un moded drones do and the moded ones were just as good as the ones we have now.

hegemonic
05-03-05, 00:21
As one of my chars is a droner, I like this idea --however I am unclear on what you intend to do with it. Specifically, are you suggesting that drones would need ammo now? That would be silly. If it's just a modification to change the type of damage that the drones do, then I'm all for it.

As of now, my vote is "No".

I'd also like to suggest that drones be allowed slottage so that we can get their stats up.

__bigs__

Notorious Fish
05-03-05, 20:46
As one of my chars is a droner, I like this idea --however I am unclear on what you intend to do with it. Specifically, are you suggesting that drones would need ammo now? That would be silly. If it's just a modification to change the type of damage that the drones do, then I'm all for it.

As of now, my vote is "No".

I'd also like to suggest that drones be allowed slottage so that we can get their stats up.

__bigs__

Why? they are overpowered as is.

l8m0n
05-03-05, 21:08
No cos drones for pvp are overpowerd and 2 i have a n00b droner and changing ammo? neg on that o_O

enigma_b17
05-03-05, 21:11
thinking about it more definately no. Drones armour is weak enough that I have to carry round loads of drones, that plus loads of ammo would make huning in high lvl areas even more impossible. High Number of drones with a low survival rate + loads of ammo :/

NeoDriver
05-03-05, 21:28
thinking about it more definately no. Drones armour is weak enough that I have to carry round loads of drones, that plus loads of ammo would make huning in high lvl areas even more impossible. High Number of drones with a low survival rate + loads of ammo :/

dunno if this is how he maens it but this is how i would have it

You dont carry around ammo, the drones are like normal
When CST'd drones would come out with a max of 1 slot or,
Only 1 ammo mod could be added to a single drone
The damage would automaticly change ordepending on the ammo mod in it
When researched a drone with and ammo mod would be researched like normal e.g. a PHOSPHOR RAPTOR would be researched as a RAPTOR

just my idea

Heavyporker
05-03-05, 22:49
you guys are going off on completely different tangents of thinking than I am.

I said that you can have your normal drones that carry around their own ammo.

I said that you could try to find a special part that you could include in a drone's construction, that would enable THAT drone to take it's ammo class.
It would never fly again with its own natural ammo.. BUT... it could take ANY damage type that it was loaded with. And if you don't like the damage that the drone is doing, you could drop THAT drone, reload it with different ammo damage type, and fly it again.

We are in effect creating unique drones. We would still keep the old drones.

This is new content, not a rehash of what we have now.

I can only wish that I can delete the poll and start over, if people are any more enlightened than now.

Skusty
05-03-05, 23:55
Why not just raise the prize?? Its CHEAP...i get 1drone for same price i buy ammo to a gun :wtf: And all this talk about drones have made me wanting to make own droner BUT NO SLOTS :( Wish it was 5slots on terra :p

CMaster
06-03-05, 01:33
Eh, KK couldn't manage a 5 slot server - they made lots of copies but ran out of server parts with just 3 * 4 slotters, kept a 1 slot for the hell of it and sold the rest to WoW's.