PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having problems with BT?

DigestiveBiscui
02-03-05, 17:21
i'm having another set of probs with my internet

CS runs fine, so does WoW most of the time - but viewing websites and downloading files doesn't work well at all (i get about 8k d/l a file on 512k BB)

i phoned BT - he said format my computer after a long discussion (idiots) , which was a big help

anyone else having problems with it today?

[TgR]KILLER
02-03-05, 19:28
well don't wanna insult you dno what you checked yourself.. but maybe your temp folder or history etc could do with some cleaning up.. or cookies.. :)

Lexxuk
02-03-05, 19:30
Try http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks (requires Java)

jernau
03-03-05, 19:20
If it was OK before and you are sure you don't have any mal-ware on your system then it's probably a routing/proxy screw-up in their network. If so, I wouldn't expect the phone-drones to know anything about it and even if they did they couldn't do anything to help. All you can do is wait it out I'm afraid, these things tend to be pretty short-term.

DigestiveBiscui
03-03-05, 20:53
2nd day still the same

both computer are the same + a mate of mine who lives just down the road

*sigh*

LiL T
04-03-05, 23:14
BT rocks ;)

LiL T
04-03-05, 23:25
i'm having another set of probs with my internet

CS runs fine, so does WoW most of the time - but viewing websites and downloading files doesn't work well at all (i get about 8k d/l a file on 512k BB)

i phoned BT - he said format my computer after a long discussion (idiots) , which was a big help

anyone else having problems with it today? OMG you still on that upgrade FFS It was £29 a month on that its now like £27 and they released 1mb at £29. Now there upgrading people for free to 2MB at £29 a month, everything they offer you take it and you will get upgraded for free first. I'm on 2Mb now for £29 a month and they hardly ever fuck, if they do it is fixed in like a few hours

/EDIT

anyone else having problems with it today? __________________
Actully :rolleyes: if you have not tryed that I suggest you dio as reformat allmost allways fixes problems like this. If it don't then its more likely them or your computer and whats installed and how it is setup.

Obsidian X
05-03-05, 02:05
Try http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks (requires Java)

Does that have any noticable effect? Anyone got good results with it?

jernau
05-03-05, 03:25
Does that have any noticable effect? Anyone got good results with it?Not in most cases. It'll probably just tell you to play with your MTU and/or TCP Window size and if you do the chances are you'll either see no effect or break something (not permanently).

If you have an unreliable line these methods can be more useful than most ISPs in fixing them IF you know what you are doing. If you aren't getting any faults it's unlikely you'll see any real improvement with them.

Obsidian X
05-03-05, 14:58
Not in most cases. It'll probably just tell you to play with your MTU and/or TCP Window size and if you do the chances are you'll either see no effect or break something (not permanently).

If you have an unreliable line these methods can be more useful than most ISPs in fixing them IF you know what you are doing. If you aren't getting any faults it's unlikely you'll see any real improvement with them.

Yeah I thought as much. I have a 1MB line, average download speed of 115K/s. Not the fastest out there anymore, but certainly not the slowest. I guess I'm just being greedy :p

DigestiveBiscui
06-03-05, 15:43
Actully :rolleyes: if you have not tryed that I suggest you dio as reformat allmost allways fixes problems like this. If it don't then its more likely them or your computer and whats installed and how it is setup.

ure as bad as them. I didn't need to format - i knew it was something their side not mine - which it was, and now i have 2mb :p

LiL T
06-03-05, 17:13
ure as bad as them. I didn't need to format - i knew it was something their side not mine - which it was, and now i have 2mb :p Then thats cool then enjoy your 2mb ;)