PDA

View Full Version : Item Tracking update please?

Seven
02-03-05, 07:10
Can we please get an idea of it's progress?

Terra is extremely borked and we need it more then ever now. :(

Thank you.

Morganth
02-03-05, 09:38
I'm more worried about the downtime that will be needed for the new Item Tracking database to assign everything with the relevant information for it to work.

However, if the International Release is a flop, Item Tracking or not this game will go downhill.

Bugs Gunny
02-03-05, 10:20
Won't be much to patch in i think.
I'm sure they have started NC2 with a serial number being assignet to each important item. So all it needs now is for them to patch in the stuff that registers the basic transactions and wipe the duplicate serial numbers.

Morganth
02-03-05, 10:31
Won't be much to patch in i think.
I'm sure they have started NC2 with a serial number being assignet to each important item. So all it needs now is for them to patch in the stuff that registers the basic transactions and wipe the duplicate serial numbers.

How much you wanna bet they get it wrong the first time round?

netster
02-03-05, 10:40
How much you wanna bet they get it wrong the first time round?
10k on fail :D

Bugs Gunny
02-03-05, 10:56
Hehehehe....

From what it should be or from experience? :-)

Lexxuk
02-03-05, 13:53
I bet KK will be really sneaky and will introduce it without telling anyone, leave it a week or two, then check the database for duplicates, and anyone with dup's, perma banned, then tell the community its arrived and already found a few dupers who've been banned :p

Jesterthegreat
02-03-05, 14:22
I bet KK will be really sneaky and will introduce it without telling anyone, leave it a week or two, then check the database for duplicates, and anyone with dup's, perma banned, then tell the community its arrived and already found a few dupers who've been banned :p

that will sure piss of the people who lose shit in bugs and are told theres nothing the helpdesk can do :p

Morganth
02-03-05, 15:02
Wouldn't surprise me. Bet it comes under Database fix in the patch notes.

that will sure piss of the people who lose shit in bugs and are told theres nothing the helpdesk can do :p

haha, yeah. Or for anyone who duped an item by accident. I've done that with MC5 parts. Moved them into a cab, then took them out again. Go into sync, come back and I have the parts in the cab and my inventory.

Dribble Joy
02-03-05, 15:05
haha, yeah. Or for anyone who duped an item by accident. I've done that with MC5 parts. Moved them into a cab, then took them out again. Go into sync, come back and I have the parts in the cab and my inventory.
Don't 'dupes' like that get wiped on a relog?

Like when you drag your armour into your inv but it doesn't disappear from the armour window, giving you two sets. A relog removes them.

Morganth
02-03-05, 15:06
Don't 'dupes' like that get wiped on a relog?

Like when you drag your armour into your inv but it doesn't disappear from the armour window, giving you two sets. A relog removes them.

These didn't. It was like I had a mini rollback because the ress I was doing at the time restarted as well.

Bugs Gunny
02-03-05, 15:10
I had one funny incident a week ago:

I log on, walk to my cab to put my sa in gogo to transfer to my spy.
I put it in the gogo, and notice the sa still in my inventory.
I do it again, and again and again, till i end up with about 20 SA's in my gogo :-)

Now before you all dm me with purchase offers...... when i relogged if ound out i had an inv bug, and i had just put 20 of my 26 holy heal bp's into the gogo.....

Crest
02-03-05, 15:16
10k on fail :D
Define fail.
Fail means no roll back ?
Fail means they put it in and have to do some tweaking ?
Fail means they put in, tweak and then have to rebboot ?
Fail means they put in, oh shit (As per my sig) and take out ?

Defining fail parameters, will identify success too

Nidhogg
02-03-05, 16:01
We're still on target for item tracking with the international release. No change there.

N

mishkin
02-03-05, 17:41

Happened to a friend, he died, gr:ed, synced, relogged and he had his inventory, but his backpack was still on the ground, so he picked it up and got double everything he had on him :p

CMaster
02-03-05, 17:49
Yeah, I've had the "dupes" thing. I dropped my SF in my belt, got it back - and found I had another SF too. A freind of mine dropped his PA3 in a belt and was able to pick it up twice too. Both these items have stayed.
However, on the flip side - my 3 Slot Artifact Terminator - became a 1 slot (unmodded) Enforcer pumpgun. (To join the 1 slot moded Enforcer - the unmodded one had the exact same stats the the modded did before I modded and used it...). The GMs tried to help, but I had hurled the Enforcer around TH in blind rage then left it to fade away.

Morganth
02-03-05, 20:07
Happened to a friend, he died, gr:ed, synced, relogged and he had his inventory, but his backpack was still on the ground, so he picked it up and got double everything he had on him :p

I've know lots of people to to that, especially when caving.

Back in NC1 I was at an OP war in Simmons zone and everyone was getting lag, and sync problems etc. One person couldn't even get back ingame because they were stuck in limbo. Someone else on the other hand died, repped out, and retrieved their backpack twice, to find they duped all their 5 slot PPU spells. :D Was a happy day.

Notorious Fish
02-03-05, 20:37
I've know lots of people to to that, especially when caving.

Back in NC1 I was at an OP war in Simmons zone and everyone was getting lag, and sync problems etc. One person couldn't even get back ingame because they were stuck in limbo. Someone else on the other hand died, repped out, and retrieved their backpack twice, to find they duped all their 5 slot PPU spells. :D Was a happy day.

Watch Morg get banned for "duping' I would laugh. But then I would get banned for being a "known aquanitance of a duper". but ya i would indeed laugh. *sigh*

Seven
02-03-05, 21:07
We're still on target for item tracking with the international release. No change there.

N

Wow, thanks for the info man.

Loving this new communication, big step in the right direction IMHO. :)