PDA

View Full Version : DVD Drive + CD RW Driver = OnOz!

Omnituens
01-03-05, 20:45
I recently changed my DVD drive to new one, so both my drives are Sony.

However, w2k only shows the CDRW. the other drive has vanished.

If i right click>eject the drive i can is, it ejects the CDRW, a second time it ejects the DVD drive O_o

any pointers anyone? i was thinking BIOS options maybe, but cant restart my system at this time.

Thanks in advance

Omnituens

Capt. Rik
01-03-05, 21:01
sounds like a conflict on the IDE channels?

Are they sharing an IDE cable inside the case? If so one drive needs to have the jumper on the back set to "master" and one needs to be set to "slave"

Omnituens
02-03-05, 00:28
maybe, i can now restart my machine to check, i set them to cable select, but i'll try the old master/slave option instead.

Ascension
02-03-05, 02:10
Total FRE's encountered in NC2 - 0

Total FRE's encountered in WoW - 14 and counting
How can you fatal in NC 2 If you dont play? :p

Transformer
02-03-05, 03:48
i thought about that too. funny how i havn't crashed once in WoW. don't use cosmos you fool! if you are thats why your crashing.

dunno why its not wokring, of course i woudln't know the first thing to say.

Revslad
02-03-05, 04:02
ive never crashed in wow, but its got soooo boring, i guess it isnt my type of game... i hate leveling and i hated it in nc :mad:

anyone wanna level my wow char to lvl 60 for £50? ;)

Capt. Rik
02-03-05, 11:23

I do play, just not as much as I used to (in fact i'm in-game now)

I'm gonna change my sig anyway, i've not fataled on my new PC - looks like my laptop was the problem

Bugs Gunny
02-03-05, 12:10
ive never crashed in wow, but its got soooo boring, i guess it isnt my type of game... i hate leveling and i hated it in nc :mad:

anyone wanna level my wow char to lvl 60 for £50? ;)

Eagerly awaiting your return mate :-)

Back on topic:

I never use CS, i always go for the master slave thing.

Carbonite
02-03-05, 15:42
sounds like a conflict on the IDE channels?

Are they sharing an IDE cable inside the case? If so one drive needs to have the jumper on the back set to "master" and one needs to be set to "slave"

Best option is to set them on different IDE Cables .. there will always be some trouble if they are on the same IDE Cable (its been that way for ever)