PDA

View Full Version : Damn Campers

dark_reaper
01-03-05, 05:12
Ok me and my friend were going over to the CRP. When we got over to the Desert Racetrack, there is a drone GR Camping. My friend got killed. Is GR camping permitted?

Mr Kot
01-03-05, 05:20
Afraid so.

It's a tactic. The morals of this will be debatable for ever more, but it's a tactic nonetheless.

Advice here is to be quick to turn and rep out the moment you see a name on local or get shot, or only rep to warzones so you don't lose anything.

Freaky Fryd
01-03-05, 05:50
There was 2 drones camping the DRT GR the other day, and it happened for hours...
8|

eprodigy
01-03-05, 08:07
camping grs is not easy as people say !!! must be careful not to fall asleep etc

dark_reaper
01-03-05, 09:33
Lol, I was supprised he had the patients? Like a sniper O_o

Redburn
01-03-05, 09:35
Was it a Crahn Clan? seems that they when they were TS and now Crahn they loved to camp that GR for hours on end.

Jesterthegreat
01-03-05, 09:36
out of curiosity did it stop / decrease for the 12 hours Ghetto held (and constantly defended) Cycrow?

cos we seemed to fight almost all DoY clans during that time :p

dark_reaper
01-03-05, 09:53
Yea it was Crahn. I hang out there for about an half an hour, I was supprised that they stayed there that long. Then two more showed up, and started to talk trash about LE'd people. Come on TG shows alot more respect to Pro-City than the Crahn. Most of the assholes I have ran into ingame that were Anti-City were the Crahn. No offense to the nice people that help me level.

The way things are I am thinking about becoming an Anti-City. There is alot more respect over there than Pro-City. Altho I am Pro, I have made a few Anti-City Friends. they help me level. It was fun hunting with the enimy. Oh and earlier I have found a No-Faction person. How did that happen? :confused:

Oh and why do people camp GR's? Aint that consider Griefing?

Bugs Gunny
01-03-05, 10:17
Moving to the dome was the best thing i did in NC2.
They are almost all nice people, helping each other out.
You can team up without fear of losing your belt when you die from a mob or enemy.
There's no "allied belt harvesting" in the dome.

dark_reaper
01-03-05, 10:38
I am not supprised If I trust the Anti-City more than the Pro-City. And I am a Pro-City.

Bugs Gunny
01-03-05, 10:41
We all know who is responsible for the great atmosphere in the city :-)

imAchair
01-03-05, 12:12
OMG u did a thread cause of that ............ gezz

Crest
01-03-05, 12:12
Ok me and my friend were going over to the CRP. When we got over to the Desert Racetrack, there is a drone GR Camping. My friend got killed. Is GR camping permitted?

I killed an APU last night at GR at DRT, he lost his level 90 APU cloak too. Although I was not camping for hours either, I logged on launched a drone, saw the APU, killed him looked around, picked up drone and belt, hopped onto vehicle 1 sector south 1 sector west then west accross past garbage dump, no one there, got to 1 sector south of gab....

Saw some action, launched a drone, was LE enemy, took a look around, saw a Merc APU, went passed him (not attacking him), he attacks me, I kill him, pick up drone and belt, then north to Gab, NW to I_06, north to J_06, west to Dome, then to MB, GR to App and get SL back, then GR to Race track to repeat tonight.

As for Watching GR's at DRT. I often see other dronners out there, but then its due to the landscape, lots of places to hide so finding a dronner is hard.

Also DRT is in a good place, in that its the only open GR in the area. this would not happen if GR's were not locked down

Skusty
01-03-05, 12:16
I camp gr when we take a op usually, or i try to snipe but bad sight with all the fog...and i hack last barrier to :p

Original monk
01-03-05, 12:30
i dont like the idea of locking down genreps ... i would prefer it if they made it automatically so that all neutrals and all allieds can acces the genrep and that all enemy's get a closed genrep ... no options to choose from, no nothing ... yust like that ... i would even like it more that they opend up all genreps for everyone and instead give OP's decent defense like build in turrets, doors/ports, laserssensors etc ...

i also wouldnt mind more free genreps ... altough atm its much better then 1,5 year ago where the cheaters/exploiters of black cartel locked down the whole map and there where no free genreps at all ... walking 8 zone's everytime you die or wonna hunt is a bitch ...

even better would be to give procity better caves ... i cannot level in the swampcaves ... its boring and slow ... XP in the chaoscaves is 3000 times better ... i prefer hunting at the chaoscaves with the risk of getting killed in my back then go hunting for hours in them swampcaves where ya get shitty xp :/

alternatives like graves and elfarid scorpioncave same story...

if you want XP you need to be in the NE corner of the map ... simple

what about a spidercave with one 120/120 spider and 100/100's spawning 90/80/70 spiders ? somewhere around or under redpoint orso ?

i have no problem with genrepkillers ... they yust prove there newbie and i yust genrep back and take another genrep ... (to give the newbieGRkillers at the genrep a little visit but then witouth 20 si...)

Jesterthegreat
01-03-05, 14:10
the gr rules blow...

if we have to have them lockable can gr friend be changed to gr alliance?

this would at least stop "allies" (neutrals) moaning.

Crest
01-03-05, 14:23
You know what I hate .....

Enemy GRs to open GR, I in a good mood and say 'Leave', he then runs to other side of GR instead of leaving. Thinks I cant see him in local, So I have given him a warning of my intentions to kill him, (I am in a really good mood).

I land up killing him anyways cause he wont leave ......

Jesterthegreat
01-03-05, 14:30
You know what I hate .....

Enemy GRs to open GR, I in a good mood and say 'Leave', he then runs to other side of GR instead of leaving. Thinks I cant see him in local, So I have given him a warning of my intentions to kill him, (I am in a really good mood).

I land up killing him anyways cause he wont leave ......

heh i get that all the time...

"why should i?" "your an enemy... leave or die" "FUCK OFF" *bang bang bang*

TRADE-NC: "OMG! gr camper at xxxx"

no you ass... we are taking an op and you gr'd in. i asked you to leave and you chose not to.

Darth Slayer
01-03-05, 19:44

no you ass... we are taking an op and you gr'd in. i asked you to leave and you chose not to.
My god your slipping in your old age, used to be you would just shoot em........ :lol:

Scorpius.

Morganth
01-03-05, 19:49
Last night after all the fighting was over at Cycrow, me and a few peeps decided to check DRT out to see if they planned on coming back. So I get there first on my APU and hide behind the little hill near the GR. Some spy spots me, and I blast him with Fire apocs and he runs off back to the 6-7 peeps at the GR.

Next thing I know, a tank comes over the hill and manages to miss me with his Rav, so I kill him. So I think thats fair enough, he was unbuffed, but next thing I know I have 6 people pounding on me and my PPU can't pick me outta the crowd :lol:

Well, on the plus side, at least I wasn't camping the GR :rolleyes:

msdong
01-03-05, 20:35
Remember:
getting killed on a GR and repoked takes as long as driving to whereever u like on the map :)

dark_reaper
01-03-05, 21:53
Last night after all the fighting was over at Cycrow, me and a few peeps decided to check DRT out to see if they planned on coming back. So I get there first on my APU and hide behind the little hill near the GR. Some spy spots me, and I blast him with Fire apocs and he runs off back to the 6-7 peeps at the GR.

Next thing I know, a tank comes over the hill and manages to miss me with his Rav, so I kill him. So I think thats fair enough, he was unbuffed, but next thing I know I have 6 people pounding on me and my PPU can't pick me outta the crowd :lol:

Well, on the plus side, at least I wasn't camping the GR :rolleyes:

They might be the guys I have sent for. :rolleyes:

Zheo
01-03-05, 22:33
Afraid so.

It's a tactic. The morals of this will be debatable for ever more, but it's a tactic nonetheless.

Advice here is to be quick to turn and rep out the moment you see a name on local or get shot, or only rep to warzones so you don't lose anything.

Ummm try Edit: "It's a cowards tactic."

Why? How much skill does it take to kill someone standing at a genrep with no armour on who cant use a weapon and has synaptic imparement :)

Awnser: None.

Tostino
01-03-05, 22:34

Why? How much skill does it take to kill someone standing at a genrep with no armour on who cant use a weapon and has synaptic imparement :)

It is very lame, but wouldnt be a big deal if there were more public GR's.

Zheo
01-03-05, 22:47

So true they should thank you really, it's the sign of a good player to give you a chance to flee. What I hate is when someone doesn't give you the chance, it kinda screws the whole genrep system. I usually give them a 5 second count down to leave. Usually they sware then run LOL

msdong
01-03-05, 22:54

who cares ? :D nobody ask if i am gimp skilled when they kill me ....

It is very lame, but wouldnt be a big deal if there were more public GR's.

not more genreps, a cheap VHC

Tostino
01-03-05, 22:55
Well not everyone can spec VHC to drive.

msdong
01-03-05, 23:00
Well not everyone can spec VHC to drive.

ER Chaincraft V.1

INT:5 \ VHC:12

everyone can, if the can't live without 3 points in combat skill then they cant be "that" good

Jesterthegreat
01-03-05, 23:08
My god your slipping in your old age, used to be you would just shoot em........ :lol:

Scorpius.

little older, little wiser.

a month or 2 ago i killed allies... dont do it now, bar ally killers them selves (or people who help anti's kill pro's)

trigger hurt
02-03-05, 01:48
i also wouldnt mind more free genreps ... altough atm its much better then 1,5 year ago where the cheaters/exploiters of black cartel locked down the whole map and there where no free genreps at all ... walking 8 zone's everytime you die or wonna hunt is a bitch ...

even better would be to give procity better caves ... i cannot level in the swampcaves ... its boring and slow ... XP in the chaoscaves is 3000 times better ... i prefer hunting at the chaoscaves with the risk of getting killed in my back then go hunting for hours in them swampcaves where ya get shitty xp :/

First of all, gimme about Black Cartel cheating. Only a few people were banned for remote citycom. Out of those people, only 3 had been in Black Cartel for more than a month. Those guys got what they deserved, the rest of us owned saturn for the lifespan of the clan the honest way.

Second, we were able to lock down the map, not by cheating or exploiting. The people that lived in the city and tg were too busy whining about how mean and evil we were. Of course we killed you all on sight. Allied/Neutral factions had the opportunity to be on our side, but they chose to assist factions that were enemy to them against us. You have noone to blame but yourselves.

Finally, if you need more caves, you're lazy. There are plenty of places across the map where small/medium sized teams can rack up on xp, cash and techs. This is the problem with people who play this game. You want to be spoon fed everything. A good 2 man team in a rhino can gain more xp in 30 minutes of hunting than a full cave team. Vehicles are nowhere near as bad as they used to be. Get one, grab a tank/hc pe to gun it and go somewhere that you haven't been.

North of Eastgate, South of Syncon, South of El Farid, the zones around Chester are swarming with warbots. Hit up the poison caves. Try the soul cluster tunnels. It doesn't need to have a GR right on top of it. If you want it to, put together a large team, hack the op and defend it.

Terkantia
02-03-05, 02:15
First of all, gimme about Black Cartel cheating. Only a few people were banned for remote citycom. Out of those people, only 3 had been in Black Cartel for more than a month. Those guys got what they deserved, the rest of us owned saturn for the lifespan of the clan the honest way.

Second, we were able to lock down the map, not by cheating or exploiting. The people that lived in the city and tg were too busy whining about how mean and evil we were. Of course we killed you all on sight. Allied/Neutral factions had the opportunity to be on our side, but they chose to assist factions that were enemy to them against us. You have noone to blame but yourselves.

Finally, if you need more caves, you're lazy. There are plenty of places across the map where small/medium sized teams can rack up on xp, cash and techs. This is the problem with people who play this game. You want to be spoon fed everything. A good 2 man team in a rhino can gain more xp in 30 minutes of hunting than a full cave team. Vehicles are nowhere near as bad as they used to be. Get one, grab a tank/hc pe to gun it and go somewhere that you haven't been.

North of Eastgate, South of Syncon, South of El Farid, the zones around Chester are swarming with warbots. Hit up the poison caves. Try the soul cluster tunnels. It doesn't need to have a GR right on top of it. If you want it to, put together a large team, hack the op and defend it.

pwnd, tbh.

:lol:

Richard Blade
02-03-05, 02:18
Trigger, the only problem with some of the suggestion you gave is that most of those locations are in "prime" DoY territory.
A pro-city group will probably be left alone, but you can't guarentee that.

Nearly all the really good XP spots are up north and most of those are surrounded by DoY bots. Even your idea of Rhino hunting. The best spots for that are under the nose of the enemy. Although, they usually see that you are just hunting and won't mess with you.

I agree, Swampcaves, Point Red, .... UG place to pick up Grimms ID cube for the FA epic has a badass mutant with a rocket launcher (can't remember his name - just like Point Red.)....... Err, anyway, there are spots to level, but very limited on the Pro-city side of the map.

trigger hurt
02-03-05, 05:01
Trigger, the only problem with some of the suggestion you gave is that most of those locations are in "prime" DoY territory.
A pro-city group will probably be left alone, but you can't guarentee that.

Nearly all the really good XP spots are up north and most of those are surrounded by DoY bots. Even your idea of Rhino hunting. The best spots for that are under the nose of the enemy. Although, they usually see that you are just hunting and won't mess with you.

I agree, Swampcaves, Point Red, .... UG place to pick up Grimms ID cube for the FA epic has a badass mutant with a rocket launcher (can't remember his name - just like Point Red.)....... Err, anyway, there are spots to level, but very limited on the Pro-city side of the map.

Of those places I named Richard, only a few are frequented very often by anyone.

South of Syncon..noone goes there. North of East Gate, empty all the time. Sure, they aren't easily accessible from the city side, but every idiot in the dome thinks the only place to level is at Cycrow or F13. Leaving all those other areas wide open.

Anyway, this is my last post here. I'm about to be banned for saying what needs to be said. I hope you guys enjoy Neocron and I hope they fix all the problems and give me a reason to come running back, begging for mercy. But, let's face it. It's not gonna happen anytime soon. AO is free. AO hasn't crashed on me once in 2 weeks. AO has content. I'm going to play AO.

Morganth
02-03-05, 09:36
Of those places I named Richard, only a few are frequented very often by anyone.

South of Syncon..noone goes there. North of East Gate, empty all the time. Sure, they aren't easily accessible from the city side, but every idiot in the dome thinks the only place to level is at Cycrow or F13. Leaving all those other areas wide open.

Anyway, this is my last post here. I'm about to be banned for saying what needs to be said. I hope you guys enjoy Neocron and I hope they fix all the problems and give me a reason to come running back, begging for mercy. But, let's face it. It's not gonna happen anytime soon. AO is free. AO hasn't crashed on me once in 2 weeks. AO has content. I'm going to play AO.

He speaks the truth! Most places on the map that are vaguely interesting to hunt in are left empty.

And you won't get banned, it won't look good for KK to silence anyone who says something to that shows that KK aren't as great as they think. Won't look good if a new player comes in here, sees that people who are saying things that good possibly show that KK need to screw their heads on are getting banned, they may get the feeling that there are somethings going down they don't want to be a part of and leave.

And I'll see you in AO, when I am not in WoW. I'll hook you up with some new Vent details so we can chat etc, and try and get the others on it.

Original monk
02-03-05, 11:34

ok im sorryz i shouldnt of bring the cheatingthingie to this particular forum .. it would yust bring confusion and pointless discussions while everyone knows by now what happend ... (no im not talking about the people that got banned cause of the citycomthing ..)

also i dont know who youre post is aimed at ... if its towards me then i can tell you im not lazy ... i level in the NE part of the map with all my chars .. mostly procity so i do this on foot yeah ... yust like a year, 2 years and longer now ... lazy ? im sure i walked my kilometers by now :)

i dont need more caves per se ... i would like to have a more spreaded position of where you can find "real" xp ... not only the NE part of the map ..

youre correct about the vehicules yeah, they give nice xp :) shooting abit around with a rhino is fun !

quote trigger: "You want to be spoon fed everything" -> this is yust shittalk ... plain bullshit if you like ... you know i have put atleast the same effort in my chars as you did ... spoonfed ? struggling for every single xppoint you mean lol ...

btw i was talking about xp here ... you think you can level out of wb's ?? lol .. its nice for parts yeah .. i dont need no parts lol i got everything my heart can desire ... its yust XP, XP i need !!!!! (i capped my combatriflerspy on wb's lol ... can assure you it takes long :) i grab 3000x that xp when doing 1 chaoscave ..)

anyways enjoy playing trigger hurt

procity can use a real cave also ... there's nothing better for xp then crawling critters of 100/100 that spawn minions and can be energy/firebarreld ...

edit: stinky ... seems like you never been pwned tbh :) (yust wanted to say that if you know shit about anything that you can better dont interfere, or are you also a former cartel member :rolleyes: then i can understand yes ...)

Richard Blade
04-03-05, 23:11

Well, if you're still here to read this Trigger Hurt, hats off to you. I didn't look at those locations from that frame of mind. I have only had a couple of alts that I tried to level in the Dome, they didn't last long, nor did I form any bonds while I was there. All my alts are in NC city. So, I never made the association to Cycrow or F13 like you put it. But, now that you mention it that way, it makes sense. Thank you.

trigger hurt
05-03-05, 00:53
Well, if you're still here to read this Trigger Hurt, hats off to you. I didn't look at those locations from that frame of mind. I have only had a couple of alts that I tried to level in the Dome, they didn't last long, nor did I form any bonds while I was there. All my alts are in NC city. So, I never made the association to Cycrow or F13 like you put it. But, now that you mention it that way, it makes sense. Thank you.

@ original. It's not aimed at you particularly. Just the people, in general, who think they have no other options for leveling other than Cycrow or F13. Let me put it like this. I, being the king of reroll, have found some really good low, mid and high level spots to go and get xp. But see, to me, xp isn't what really drove the game for me. What drove the game was trying to be as rich as possible without using any of the easy ways to get it.

Currently, I have on char on my cancelled account (see "didn't get stuff stolen off of it"). That char has around 18mil nc and multiples of just about every epic item that is worth having. I got em the old fashioned way. I ran the epics multiple times on multiple chars.

Back to the point. Since you level in the north eastern part of the map, you know how good some of those areas are. You also know how under used they are. They're underused because of the way people play this game. There's no reason to go hunting on your own. Everything relies on ppus or large teams. But those areas there, as well as some of the others I have named previously are good for solo hunting. If not solo, 2 guys in a rhino will generate tons of xp, a decent bit of cash and a whole slew of parts ranging from armor parts to recycle with to tech parts to build/sell rares.

@ richard I don't mean you are an idiot. Poor choice of words, I suppose. But let's look at it like this. Why do people get bored?

1. The treadmill is too fast. Sure, this game is based around pvp at high levels, but when was the last time you saw a good fight among newbies? Well with the new faction sympathy system, hardly ever now. The people ganking newbies are all high level with high level alts to avenge their demise or make mission cubes. Newbies need an area where they can take out their LE without fear of being ganked by every asshat who's capped and bored. Turn pvp off. AO does it...why can't KK?

2. Everyone has everything. If you have nothing else to strive for, what are you going to do? You're going to run around shooting everything that moves or you're going to quit your account, sometimes never to be heard again. This kills server population. Again, I'll relate to AO because I've been playing it alot lately. Now, as confusing as it can be, AO is huge. The world is expansive, there's tons of different mobs. Lots of content and I don't think you could ever get every item in the game.

3. Beleive it or not, character setups make this game boring. Every setup is the same cookie cutter as the one before it. Sure, someone might have a little extra hp or run speed, but in the end, every pistol spy has pretty much the same setup as a rifle spy, bar a few drugs here and there.

paolo escobar
05-03-05, 04:58
Lol at the droners, i think they was from extort. How long was u there in the end kids?

Now there are varied opinions on this but tbh waiting near a gr and attacking any greens (high or low lvl) while they have SI and have no chance to defend or attack is pretty lame imo.
I play all classes and subclasses of character. Being a droner is piss easy if ur camping a gr/small area and u got soneone else looking out for ya. You shouldnt need to camp the gr. With skills u can easily be more than a match for anyone other class. Including ppus

Oh and @ whitefox the rifle spy, nice one with the n00b heals. Was a nice try, just a pitty u died lolzlolzlolz.
Ur droner friends need to work on their aiming too.

paolo escobar
05-03-05, 05:10
OMFG i just logged in and went thru drt.
OK so its 6 hours since i was last there and those gay fucking batty boys are still camping the gr.

I think that in itself speaks volumes about their play style and skill lvl.

N3v3rM0r3
05-03-05, 12:32
Is GR camping permitted?

some players like stay in front of syncro an kill others players... in hacknet too... bah.... :(

N3v3rM0r3