PDA

View Full Version : Something's wonky in the world of chemicals! (KK, please read)

Heavyporker
01-03-05, 01:46
Everything in my limited contact with itempart BPs says that the most anything takes is gamonin... just solantium to gamonin.... but the list of chemicals in the Cryton's lineup goes on and on, what a periodic table of elemental splendor!

Can't we see more of the exotic chemicals used? Like xylenium and protoxlem used to make organic components, or atthe very least, artifical wood or plants, perhaps?

explosive A and B should be used in recipes for ammo (components) and grenades! (hey.. why does grenades take weaponparts? maybe just some kind of metal, and the explosive A/B???)

Come on, KK! We can have a lot of fun with the exotic chemicals!

MkVenner
01-03-05, 01:48
the old construction system, that used to use alot more chemicls rocked...

chems are underused way to must...

BradSTL
01-03-05, 02:42
The one that bugs me is that Deutrithium is one of the chemicals dropped as loot by Rotten Boxes and by various mobs, and it isn't used in anything that I know of.

But yeah, I'd like to see a lot of the extra chemicals removed, and the loot tables adjusted so that the stuff needed to make weapon parts 1-7 dropped fairly commonly.

Heavyporker
01-03-05, 04:55
No chems removed.

Just more chems utilized.

Capt. Rik
01-03-05, 11:15
No chems removed.

Just more chems utilized.

totally agree!

More variety and less things being handed to you on a plate is a good thing (read: mobs dropping exactly what you need fully built, shops selling every gun in the world, etc, etc...)

Monolithic
01-03-05, 11:33
Don't some of those 'exotic' chems get used in recycling recipes?
The explosive bits used to be in a recycling recipe for something or other. I don't know if the formulas got changed for NC2 though.

Bugs Gunny
01-03-05, 12:07
Chemicals are just fine.

I build all my weaponpart 7-10's from chems.
It's incredibly fast to research them, and when you have a barter it's a lot cheaper too.
I think it's almost as fast as recycling from 7's upward to higher ones.

They should however fix drug bp's. I mean, one bp fro one drug? That's plain silly, how about we just make it so that one bp makes 10 drugs?

Skusty
01-03-05, 12:08
When u make a gun as nib and u bp it to get slots then u need like 10 or 5 WP 8 or 9 and there u can lose allmost all your cash :( If u got low cash tough

imAchair
01-03-05, 12:10
Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

LiL T
01-03-05, 12:43
Humm I think most of those chemicals are used to make the other more expensive chemicals I use to do that my self but it takes yet more time. But you can make weapon for next to nothing if you get some good junk and enough recycle :)

Jesterthegreat
01-03-05, 14:12
When u make a gun as nib and u bp it to get slots then u need like 10 or 5 WP 8 or 9 and there u can lose allmost all your cash :( If u got low cash tough

instead of making 20 and hoping for slots... make 1, and invest in the next weapon.

you dont need mega slots as a nib, just enough xp to get to the next weapon.

msdong
01-03-05, 17:21
in NC1 some of theexotic chems are droped in fire mobs, i have a cab full of the exotic chems that contain that many "yz" in their name.

i can remember the dayes too when there was no weapon without the superconnectionglue.

NC has everything to have a good item system, lots of chems tons of parts but on 1/100 is needed in reality.

CMaster
01-03-05, 18:43
eah. Shouldn't "self constructed trash grenade" really be arecylable?