PDA

View Full Version : RoC names violation

John.nl
28-02-05, 23:15
The announcement about RoC names violation...

So I know a constructor named 'Clint Toris'. Can he expect to be renamed?

What about...

Alpha Kenny Wun (I'll f*ck anyone) . No more?
Medic Gozinia (Me Dick Goes In Ya). You'd better reroll dude...
Gus Comzadia (Gas Comes Outta Ya)
Gabe Asher (Gay Basher)
Ivan Itchinanus (I Have an Itching...)
Ivana Kutchukokoff (I Wanna Cut Your...)
Kimmy Head, Phil Atio, Seaman Sample etc

Admitted, I haven't actually seen the above names but some ingame names are really funny.

LiL T
28-02-05, 23:29
Well at a glance I would not know those names meanings and as they say what you do know won't hurt you :)

Hell-demon
01-03-05, 00:15
Hilarious :lol:

I wouldn't want see those renamed it boosts comical value to the game :)

garyu69
01-03-05, 00:19
Me personally i'd like to know what happened to the Name Filter that was implemented. I for one was not happy about having to change my non-offensive names but I did. What annoys me is that i see names out there which are not offensive to me but would be put into the category of being offensive and i wonder why did this new name filter that forced me to change my char names not force them.

grrrrrr :mad:

enigma_b17
01-03-05, 00:22
the new nick filter stops people from having insane names like "l337 hax0rz bi4tch's monkey gr4ter". It doesnt stop a person from having as name containing a swear word or anything else afaik. But I believe the gms are now looking out for people with names which got through the filter

Xaru
01-03-05, 00:25
I personally think the above mentioned names are valid names. They are not openly offensive. You have to read them right, and then they are actually very funny.

So dont change them. :D

Regards
Xaru

LiL T
01-03-05, 00:44
I personally think the above mentioned names are valid names. They are not openly offensive. You have to read them right, and then they are actually very funny.

So dont change them. :D

Regards
Xaru Yeah I would have to agree with you there damn I'd laugh my head off if I saw such names there meant to be funny. But names like " f*ck me h*rder " is just not right and sorry about using that as an example but I'm sure we are all old enough here.

MkVenner
01-03-05, 00:45
yeah...it seems a litte strange to me that names like "gentank 19485" arent accepted, but much more offensive ones are allowed through...

LiL T
01-03-05, 00:47
yeah...it seems a litte strange to me that names like "gentank 19485" arent accepted, but much more offensive ones are allowed through...
Yeah I wanted to use numbers in my hacknet characters name but it don't let you =/ why ?

MkVenner
01-03-05, 00:49
i think its because people used to call them self MkVenner 1, MkVenner 2 etc etc...

or just 00000000OOOOO, and in the ingame font its too hard to tell whats what to ignore them

100101110101001010 would be a hella sweet hack net name lol

Heavyporker
01-03-05, 01:30
you know, I have to admit that gentank # 10781 and 01010110010101 would make for great names in the right RP sense...

maybe we as a community could ask KK to allow a nicknaming ability to attach extra names to our current names... that way we can get the aforementioned names in, like... I dunno, for a point of clarification.

Like I could change my name to Johnnie "Heavyporker" Neopha, or maybe someone can get like Brian "Bugs" Gunny, and so on and on.

Jesterthegreat
01-03-05, 03:01
you know, I have to admit that gentank # 10781 and 01010110010101 would make for great names in the right RP sense...

maybe we as a community could ask KK to allow a nicknaming ability to attach extra names to our current names... that way we can get the aforementioned names in, like... I dunno, for a point of clarification.

Like I could change my name to Johnnie "Heavyporker" Neopha, or maybe someone can get like Brian "Bugs" Gunny, and so on and on.

your sigs to big.

but i agree with your post :p

actually... alot of sigs are too big nowdays...

Uho
01-03-05, 03:07
what about my lil biatch? :)
am not gonna go renaming him we got almost same
names on mobs too and those arent offensive? :P

Dr Strange
01-03-05, 03:53
I want three letter names god damnit

I mean, I shouldn't have to space out my normal name (M a v just looks like shit), and of course Maverick was taken.

CMaster
01-03-05, 04:01
meh, I wanna be CMaster not Cmaster

Mr Kot
01-03-05, 05:11
The announcement about RoC names violation...

So I know a constructor named 'Clint Toris'. Can he expect to be renamed?

What about...

Alpha Kenny Wun (I'll f*ck anyone) . No more?
Medic Gozinia (Me Dick Goes In Ya). You'd better reroll dude...
Gus Comzadia (Gas Comes Outta Ya)
Gabe Asher (Gay Basher)
Ivan Itchinanus (I Have an Itching...)
Ivana Kutchukokoff (I Wanna Cut Your...)
Kimmy Head, Phil Atio, Seaman Sample etc

Admitted, I haven't actually seen the above names but some ingame names are really funny.

I don't think those names are offensive. It's how u interpret them. Those who infer rude things have filthy minds :p

Subtlety is the key here. I have a tank called Cupid Stunt. Does anyone find that offensive? He's a lovable rogue (hence "Cupid") and as a melee user gets into the thick of a fight as a Stuntman would.

And your bonus question for 10 points..... which eighties TV star had a character of the same name?

Dirus
01-03-05, 06:06
And your bonus question for 10 points..... which eighties TV star had a character of the same name?
Kenny Everett

Dribble Joy
01-03-05, 11:01
This isn't Sheapard's Bush!!!!

Monolithic
01-03-05, 11:30
[quote] meh, I wanna be CMaster not Cmaster

Yer saying it didn't allow two capital letters at the start of your name?
I've got a dude called 'CNN War Theme'... it allowed that. That's far less.. erm... normal than 'CMaster'

Skusty
01-03-05, 12:11
I lost my tanks whole name when nc2 came :( Had to rename him from Mr 47 to Mr Moose :( :( :( And i wanna name Skusty -=[Skusty]=- again :(

P.s : Dont ask me why i named Mr 47 to Mr Moose :rolleyes:

CMaster
01-03-05, 23:13
It "autocorrects" having first two letters capital. It doesn't complain or comment - just when I get in game, the M has become m. I have seen all capital names and names like SpikE.

hegemonic
02-03-05, 00:32
If I ran around with the name "Clicktopay" I'm sure most people would be offended and I'd be perma-KOS...

NeoDriver
02-03-05, 01:11
If I ran around with the name "Clicktopay" I'm sure most people would be offended and I'd be perma-KOS...

but that wouldnt be your fault everyone just hates them

Odin
02-03-05, 01:17
Were only going after the obvious over the top ones. On Terra people should start receiving emails by tommorow.