PDA

View Full Version : You want to fix the server tbh....

LiL T
28-02-05, 20:09
Ok stuff just keeps dissapearing when I'm doing large batches of spells and stuff, Today I modded 30 spells then logged my barter. While dragging those spells which happen to be holydeflectors if that matters, The game stopped responding. I relogged and 26 of the remaining spells have gone to where ever they fucking liked just gone ..... :mad: its not that its a big loss. Its simply a pain in the arse I ressearched a total of 62 spells and built only to lose about half of them to a server fuckup , it takes the piss.

Its not the first time this has happend and everytime it happends I'm losing enough to make the whole 2 - 3 hours building shit a total waste of time .

ROZZER187
28-02-05, 20:13
Ok stuff just keeps dissapearing when I'm doing large batches of spells and stuff, Today I modded 30 spells then logged my barter. While dragging those spells which happen to be holydeflectors if that matters, The game stopped responding. I relogged and 26 of the remaining spells have gone to where ever they fucking liked just gone ..... :mad: its not that its a big loss. Its simply a pain in the arse I ressearched a total of 62 spells and built only to lose about half of them to a server fuckup , it takes the piss.

Its not the first time this has happend and everytime it happends I'm losing enough to make the whole 2 - 3 hours building shit a total waste of time .

happened to me earlier, all the traders in th were like wtf :lol: :lol:

i lost my new hn software i just had modded.
kinda like the lag spikes on saturn back in nc1

LiL T
28-02-05, 20:18
Yeah its like it did not record what I just did o_O I had 30 psi damage mods and 10 damage + freqency, when those spells vanished I had 20 of those mods back ...

/Edit I reckon when the server farts, it does small rollbacks certainly seems that way

ROZZER187
28-02-05, 20:27
Yeah its like it did not record what I just did o_O I had 30 psi damage mods and 10 damage + freqency, when those spells vanished I had 20 of those mods back ...

/Edit I reckon when the server farts, it does small rollbacks certainly seems that way

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cant remember the exact time btw but it was between 12 and 2 i think :confused:

enigma_b17
28-02-05, 20:51
definately the random syncs and broken log in attempts are annoying as f00k

Tostino
28-02-05, 20:58
Your luckey thats all you lost. When I made a batch of 200 holy shelters and heals I put the 4-5 sloters in gogo traded the rest to barter and crashed and they were all gone. Only a loss of about 3 mill :(.

LiL T
28-02-05, 21:09
Your luckey thats all you lost. When I made a batch of 200 holy shelters and heals I put the 4-5 sloters in gogo traded the rest to barter and crashed and they were all gone. Only a loss of about 3 mill :(.
Damn that sucks =/

Thats basicly how it happened to me I put the 3 slotters and 1 4 slot into gogo went to take the rest away to the crahn HQ *sigh* then there gone. But yeah I'm lucky I only built 62

Seven
28-02-05, 22:42
KKould you fix this shit already!

LOST
28-02-05, 23:11
definately the random syncs and broken log in attempts are annoying as f00k
is taking 5 relogs or so to get ingame without stuff missing or the always funny 50/80.

:mad: :(

LiL T
28-02-05, 23:26
For all we know, we could have infact been constructing fooking milky rens, aye you never know what this game is up to =/

Jesterthegreat
01-03-05, 03:03
For all we know, we could have infact been constructing fooking milky rens, aye you never know what this game is up to =/

they prolly all appearedin someone elses inv :p

LiL T
01-03-05, 03:29
they prolly all appearedin someone elses inv :p
prolly, well if thats true then some fuck got 300k for nothing lol

Gimmie my shit back you greedy ****

Dr Strange
01-03-05, 03:43
I lost almost 3-4 million in profit yesterday from that. I had ressed a few hundred spells (with help from a friend) and ressed the parts I couldn't buy. Bought the parts I could, and the chemicals put them in a cab as well as 300k worth of res gel and cst gel. Logged my cster to start, and they all fucking vanished...The gels were in an entirely different cab, that was at least 3 mil right there, 2+ hours of ressing work lost, not to mention the gel I went through to res those and the cubes.

Lupus said to stop using cabs for the moment, and email helpdesk@neocron.com but since there is no item tracking i doubt they'd fix it.

Funny thing though was it wasn't a "lag spike". I clearly saw the blueprints and parts in the cab I placed them in. A few moments later when I logged my alt, it was just gone.

IceStorm
01-03-05, 04:26
Lupus said to stop using cabs for the moment,There's a viable solution...

I am so glad I'm not playing right now.

Obsidian X
01-03-05, 04:30
Lupus said to stop using cabs for the moment, and email helpdesk@neocron.com but since there is no item tracking i doubt they'd fix it.

I remember the first Terra Rollback, when shit began disappearing out of cabinets. I ran round plaza/trade screaming how all my stuff had gone from my cab was gone (rares etc). Some guy on Trade laughed at me and said he'd never put stuff in cabinets. Since that day I've kept all my wordly posessions in my gogo. If I can't fit it in, I'll just chuck something else out becuase I just can't commit to a cabinet anymore :p

Seven
01-03-05, 05:05
Stop using cabs? :lol:

Why bother playing? :(

Maybe Nid can give us an update on this, I hope they are making backups more frequently.

I wonder how the item tracking is progressing also.

Ninjano2002uk
01-03-05, 05:09
sounds like TERRA has just gone to shit.. why dont u just wipe the server clean? & everyone start again................

Seven
01-03-05, 06:43
sounds like TERRA has just gone to shit.. why dont u just wipe the server clean? & everyone start again................

What would that accomplish?

Jesterthegreat
01-03-05, 09:16
What would that accomplish?

it would up everyones post counts when theywhine / post leaving threads :p

Dr Strange
01-03-05, 09:37
Yea I didn't even bother emailing helpdesk

If theres something up with Terra, more people will speak up. Guy I know was asking me if stuff was missing out of cabs for other people, so I know it just ain't me having stuff magically dissappear.

And I know for a 100% fact its just vanished; spent 300k on gels right (as mentioned) well the gels vanished, but yet I don't have the money back I spent on them. So the money had to have gone to the vendor npc, which means they assumably gave me something in return (the gel in this case) which is gone, along with 2+ hours of work.

MISS WHIP
01-03-05, 10:03
Ive had the opposite luck to you all laterly :D :D .

I made a few 5 slot spells (holy multi energy boltl) nothing fancy put them in my clan cabs and when i logged my alt the spells had doubled. :D
They have being there ever since and not vanished again.

Someone else the other day logs on his PE which he has not played in a while and finds 4 healing lights /judge/freezer in his gogo :lol: :lol: .

I just hope carma is not out to get me now and make all my 5 slot ultimated PPU spells vanish. :D

Zheo
01-03-05, 10:15
At least you guys can log on, every time I sync I risk being kicked off by the server.

Bugs Gunny
01-03-05, 10:26
There is some realy weid stuff going on with synching and lagspikes.

When you get one of those lagspikes and get kicked out of the game, you return to an inventory status of about 1 minute before that.

I've had it happen to my tradeskillers, and to my combat chars too.
Go from crahn hq, with freshly bought armor, put them on, gr to CRP, long synch. Relog, i'm at crp, armor is in inventory.

I'm sure the devs are aware of this problem allready, as i'm sure the gm's also noticed it happen to them.

Let's just wait for "the big fix" , the one that makes this game ready for international release.

Jesterthegreat
01-03-05, 14:07
Someone else the other day logs on his PE which he has not played in a while and finds 4 healing lights /judge/freezer in his gogo :lol: :lol: .

most likely they were from someone elses gogu though :p

nobby
01-03-05, 15:06
Isn't terra running off the old saturn server?

Seezur001
01-03-05, 15:11
Isn't terra running off the old saturn server?
If I remember correctly, they upgraded all the servers with new hardware.

IceStorm
01-03-05, 15:29
Isn't terra running off the old saturn server?No, it just acts like it is.

Bugs Gunny
01-03-05, 15:51
It's new hardware allright, but a fucked up database remains a fucked up database, no matter which collour of wrapping you have around it.

El Jimben
02-03-05, 21:19
Yeh, I ended up with a nice 2 slot holy lightning, 2 slot POT and some other shit in my PPU's gogu a week or so ago. Too bad for the poor bastard who took the time to get the parts, do the slots dance etc :(

Tostino
02-03-05, 23:39
Yeh, I ended up with a nice 2 slot holy lightning, 2 slot POT and some other shit in my PPU's gogu a week or so ago. Too bad for the poor bastard who took the time to get the parts, do the slots dance etc :(
When that happens it doesnt take it from his gogo and put it in yours. It just puts it in yours and he keeps it in his. Normaly the people that it was duped from in the first place never know that it happend.

Notorious Fish
02-03-05, 23:51
When that happens it doesnt take it from his gogo and put it in yours. It just puts it in yours and he keeps it in his. Normaly the people that it was duped from in the first place never know that it happend.

And when item tracking comes out youll both get banned WOOT

LiL T
03-03-05, 00:18
And when item tracking comes out youll both get banned WOOT One time I took some shit out my cabs then the game stop responding, I relogged and those items where duped, but thats not my problem. I better not get banned for some lame shit like that ...

They happend to be monk spells and armour nothing rare

poelzi
03-03-05, 19:50

We normally produce 200 Spells each, when done i go with my barter in our factory, cab -> take all, cab -> take all,...
But if you hit your max items limit, you get the message you can't carry any more items and some will be put on the floor. And guess whats lieing there... nothing. And the "best" part of it, there is something: Your gogu list and your money you can't see, seems that these are non visible items stored at your inventory and get droped or overwritten. If you relog after the crash you will get on zoning, both will be gone forever.
And if you put something from your qb in your inv, it will vanish without a message (lost my obliterator that way).

Hit me 2 times this bug, you can imagaine how annoying it is to get all the genreps again and loose all your money....

kindly regards
daniel

Zheo
03-03-05, 21:41
I've spent weeks trying to fix a problem the was with "my connection to the server" only im sure it's not im sure it's the server being crappy, no wonder so many people are leaving I'm border line, atm nothing serious have gone wrong i just spend half the time trying to get on then half the time playing.

I think unless it's fixed within the next few months or maybe even weeks i will quit NC relogging 30 times to get one without a bug is taking the fun out of the game... Which is sad really because the game it'self is GREAT it's just the game play atm sucks.

Ninjano2002uk
04-03-05, 06:36
We normally produce 200 Spells each, when done i go with my barter in our factory, cab -> take all, cab -> take all,...
But if you hit your max items limit, you get the message you can't carry any more items and some will be put on the floor. And guess whats lieing there... nothing. And the "best" part of it, there is something: Your gogu list and your money you can't see, seems that these are non visible items stored at your inventory and get droped or overwritten. If you relog after the crash you will get on zoning, both will be gone forever.
And if you put something from your qb in your inv, it will vanish without a message (lost my obliterator that way).

Hit me 2 times this bug, you can imagaine how annoying it is to get all the genreps again and loose all your money....

kindly regards
daniel

Thats why you should wipe Terra.. & start fresh.. loads of people would go to Terra then & start again it be a noob fest.. loads of ppl working 2gether to get big again collect stuff.. no FF etc.. all have to start again.. better then running around on a server with more bugs then a ANT farm..

I always hated Terra tho.. even be4 the Xmas thing.. Ganking in city just put me right off.

Jesterthegreat
04-03-05, 14:31
Thats why you should wipe Terra.. & start fresh.. loads of people would go to Terra then & start again it be a noob fest.. loads of ppl working 2gether to get big again collect stuff.. no FF etc.. all have to start again.. better then running around on a server with more bugs then a ANT farm..

I always hated Terra tho.. even be4 the Xmas thing.. Ganking in city just put me right off.

whipe whatever server you play on first.

Seven
04-03-05, 15:37
Thats why you should wipe Terra.. & start fresh..

*sigh*
They just did that several months ago, it didn't work. :rolleyes:

Miss Naughty
04-03-05, 16:29
I traded a clan mate a 5 slot wyatt earp, slasher, beam of hell and some other stuff the other day. As soon as we had done the trade all the weapons dissapeared.

I just said "$*@£ it" and logged off. Haven't logged on much since as I'm too scared of losing anything else.

Tostino
04-03-05, 17:38
Ganking in city just put me right off.
Hey atleast I am nice about it! I will only kill caped players in the city :p

Notorious Fish
04-03-05, 17:40
Hey atleast I am nice about it! I will only kill caped players in the city :p
There is no nice about it. Your a prick if you kill in the city. Thats why its soo fun.

LiL T
04-03-05, 23:02
Thats why you should wipe Terra.. & start fresh.. loads of people would go to Terra then & start again it be a noob fest... Do you seriously think that would slove anything apart form piss people off, which results in them quiting ...

If they did that I could still have 5 mill in one day maybe even more .... the only thing that would be different is I would have to lvl all my charaters again. I would be very pissed about that I'm a slow slow lvler I hate doing that shit, it simple would not change anything

/Edit some people post some stupid shit tbh

Tostino
04-03-05, 23:06
There is no nice about it. Your a prick if you kill in the city. Thats why its soo fun.
Yeah it is fun. It's gona suck when the gards para me and then I dont bother raiding.

Seven
04-03-05, 23:08
it simply would not change anything

It sure didn't change anything last time they did it, so your point is proven. :cool:

LiL T
04-03-05, 23:08
Still trying to work out what you mean

Jesterthegreat
05-03-05, 23:03
if they gimme a fully capped char in each class, with no points spec'd, and eachchar one of every item (weapon, imp, armour, etc) then ill be happy with a whipe.