PDA

View Full Version : little help with a few comp problems

Mechanicus
27-02-05, 14:28
ok these are the problems:

1. occasional blue screen crashes, always seem to be when something is loading, here is the test it gives:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP::0x0000000A, (0x9D082240, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8051EC1C)

2. when i load up 4 out of 5 times the whole computer will keep randomly locking up and unlocking (doing it right now), everything stops including sound and the mouse curser, it doesnt remember what keys i pressed while its locked up occasionally, and if that happens it gives off a short beep, after 4-5 restarts it loads ok and runs perfectly

3. not so concerned about this one, i think its just a crappy dvd drive, but i have it plugged i as slave drive to my main cd drive and plugged into the power supply, and its as if it doesnt exist to the computer

thanks

Lexxuk
27-02-05, 16:13
way too many things it can be with the IRQL, usually a bad driver, faulty memory, borked motherboard, over heating CPU etc.. Check your RAM is seated properly, your heatsink is sat properly over the CPU, updated drivers etc..

2 is related to 1

3 make sure CD is set as Master, otherwise set both to Cable Select, plug in DVD on its own to make sure its found, make sure dual channel is enabled for IDE in the BIOS

Mechanicus
03-03-05, 15:40
i just left it and it went away on its own, god i have a solution for everything