PDA

View Full Version : Recording NC

Phlith
27-02-05, 13:31
Fraps just kills my FPS and ive heard people use a video camera and TV out.. right? Do you guys use a regular VHS recorder, or like a fancy digital video recorder thingy.. im clueless about video recording / editing thx :rolleyes:

[TgR]KILLER
27-02-05, 14:22
there is another program called snapit i heard..

dno why it kills people's FPS tho.. i have fraps to and i don't even notice it running @ all.. well not watching my fps but i don't notice any decrease. and i don't really have a uber good proc.. maybe its my vid and fraps putting info to another HD then nc is running on.

MkVenner
27-02-05, 14:28
yeah FRAP killed my FPS too

to do it via a video camera or vcr etc you need a video capture card as well, to get the stuff back onto your hard drive...

or, if you get a video capture card, you can hook the graphics cards S-Video, if it has one, straight up to the capture card so it come straight out of the graphics card, and then back in...

now that capture card doesnt actually have to be in the same computer, so you can get absolutly no performance hit while its running if its in another computer...

dark_reaper
27-02-05, 19:48
If you have a camera that has a Mini DV or a DVCAM, use that. It has the best quality, But you are more likely to have MiniDV.