PDA

View Full Version : Renaming of the TH

LiL T
26-02-05, 22:24
Alot of shit flying around in my head about this game atm its prolly due to me playing everyday for more than 8 hours again :)

Tech haven erm it should read trade center imo why ?

Well thats where everyone trades now all the traders go there and get a bit annoyed when some noob like me spams trade with "need poke in doy" . Thats because when you first start you're character you don't have the GR to TH and thats a problem. Think of how many new players get turned off by the fact there is no one in DOY city center to poke them or to build them a new weapon. As a true noob first timer you don't have a clue about this game, you are given a shitty weapon that is good for about 10 mins. Then you buy a crappy store bought weapon which turns out too be worse than the one you started with....

I think the TH GR should be in you're GR list by default and named something else that suggests trade at least. Then we won't get people quitting simply because they were displeased with the fact DOY or Neocron plaza 1 has no essental trade skillers.

Obsidian X
26-02-05, 22:45
Alot of shit flying around in my head about this game atm its prolly due to me playing everyday for more than 8 hours again :)

Tech haven erm it should read trade center imo why ?

Well thats where everyone trades now all the traders go there and get a bit annoyed when some noob like me spams trade with "need poke in doy" . Thats because when you first start you're character you don't have the GR to TH and thats a problem. Think of how many new players get turned off by the fact there is no one in DOY city center to poke them or to build them a new weapon. As a true noob first timer you don't have a clue about this game, you are given a shitty weapon that is good for about 10 mins. Then you buy a crappy store bought weapon which turns out too be worse than the one you started with....

I think the TH GR should be in you're GR list by default and named something else that suggests trade at least. Then we won't get people quitting simply because they were displeased with the fact DOY or Neocron plaza 1 has no essental trade skillers.

Instead of having TH in the GR by default, why not ditch the newbie MC5, and build a tutorial area within TH, that leads to the real TH, from which you can GR to NC/DoY :)

Zheo
26-02-05, 22:48
Instead of having TH in the GR by default, why not ditch the newbie MC5, and build a tutorial area within TH, that leads to the real TH, from which you can GR to NC/DoY :)

Good idea.

LiL T
26-02-05, 22:53
Well at least then they will relate to the TH as being the starting grounds for noobs and will allways return if they need something.

I'd say that would be better :)

MkVenner
26-02-05, 22:56
hell...why not put MC1-4 under TH, and then you could have some sort of story line thing where you escape....

logically if there is a mind control facility 5, it must be proceeded by 1 to 4...right?

Clive tombstone
26-02-05, 23:15
I aggree, THats an awsome story Idea, really, there isnt anything else really like the idea that your running away from something to get the immersion factor up :D

Jesterthegreat
27-02-05, 00:26
logically if there is a mind control facility 5, it must be proceeded by 1 to 4...right?

yeah... but... 1-4 must actually work as people dont come out of it :p

or at least... have no memory of coming out of it o.o

MC 1-4 is used to brainwash new copbot "recruits" :p

imAchair
27-02-05, 04:57
they shoudl re design th just the layout took me 20 mins to find my apartment :rolleyes:

damn that navray!

msdong
27-02-05, 08:26
...Well thats where everyone trades now all the traders go there and get a bit annoyed when some noob like me spams trade with "need poke in doy" . Thats because when you first start you're character you don't have the GR to TH and thats a problem. Think of how many new players get turned off by the fact there is no one in DOY city center to poke them or to build them a new weapon....

what good is a trader that dont build up a new customer? you invest 1500c and maybe 10 min to give that poor noob a ride to TH. thats how it works.
and in most caces you can even charge him 5k for that if you are not that greedy.
those lazy "serve it all on a silver plate in front of me" traders make us have a bad name.
tech heaven or trade heaven, whatever. you get both there.

hegemonic
27-02-05, 08:52
Great ideas....
***** - 5star post.

athon
27-02-05, 10:23
I don't like this idea because:

It doesn't fit in with the storyline
It doesn't encourage the city vs city mentality that is an integral part of NC2

Athon Solo

naimex
27-02-05, 11:42
yeah... but... 1-4 must actually work as people dont come out of it :p

or at least... have no memory of coming out of it o.o

MC 1-4 is used to brainwash new copbot "recruits" :p

just because they work, and you dont have any memory of it, doesnt mean it isnt there.

MC1: could be a laboratory where they do test of the people they are brainwashing, new rare mc1-chemicals, mc1-tradeskiller equipment (increased chance of slots tools perhaps), more rare drugs.

MC2: could be a Cloning facility where they clone dna and create bigger stroner people for their copbot/stormbot programs, new mc2-ion rifles/cannons, mc2-rare armor.

MC3: Prison facility, free the prisoners, (drone helmet anyone? super rare helmet handed down in the family of a prisoner through a lot of generations).

MC4: Underground storage halls for the CA, (places to loot the normal rare weapons and imps from the "mobs" (storage hall workers and security personel) in these halls)

just brainfarts of course, better out than in as you all know...

Morpheous
27-02-05, 11:56
No. Absolutely no.

Speaking as an FA, the one thing that in an RP sense drives us to attack Pro City is to regain control of TH..... if MC5 and STORM bots turned up in TH, A) It would no longer be neutral, and B) The RP sense of FA overturning CA in TH is destroyed tbh.

Also, it wouldn't make much sense for CA to have their "Doesn't-exist-you-know-nothing" base under one of the most active trading areas in the whole game.

Tech Haven is the underground base of the Fallen Angels. Always has been, always will be. Every single day, I get comments like "Grr, I wish we could move back to TH, these apps suck", and "Why is everythin so dark? I need to be back in TH!". "Why the fuck can't we have a clanapp in TH!" is the most used one.

People, read your Neocron game manual. History section. Or the site's history section. Whatever. Also, notice that FA still actually run the place. There are no STORM bots in TH, no CA advisers, no DoY recruitment agencies. There's some FA Admins in the command circle, and some FA traders. That's it.

100% Against this idea.

Edit:
they shoudl re design th just the layout took me 20 mins to find my apartment :rolleyes:

damn that navray!
It's damn easy to find your way around. It's so easy I can even go from TH1 to 3 without needing to use my mouse or look at the screen :) but that's practice. Go back to Plaza 1 if you get confused.

LiL T
27-02-05, 12:27
Yeah it should be in you're GR list by default, I stand there screeming for a poke in DOY and thats me what about a noob ?

Ascension
27-02-05, 12:42
Yeah it should be in you're GR list by default, I stand there screeming for a poke in DOY and thats me what about a noob ?
If its a noob they gonna get sick of having no help and quit the 10 day trial :(

LiL T
27-02-05, 12:53
If its a noob they gonna get sick of having no help and quit the 10 day trial :(
Exactly I'm sorry but fuck story line when it comes to subcriptions, no real need to rename the TH though. But having it in the GR list when you first make a character would help, honestly can you see a first time noob running to TH from Doy ? What with all them fire mobs and possibly warbots and the spiderbots that can see you across a whole zone =/

Hell-demon
27-02-05, 13:37
Heres a way you can tie in a story and get to TH.

How about having an underground tunnel in MC5 that leads to TH. This tunnel is used for resistance members, or maybe the so called "Squeeky Clean company" you know the guys who secretly fuck up the MC5 brainwashing so a few get out to be non Reza ass kissing idiots. Makes sense they get to MC5 through the tunnels, FA supply the anti brainwash gear and the newly free runners are directed through the tunnels to TH perhaps :angel:

athon
27-02-05, 15:07
Exactly I'm sorry but fuck story line when it comes to subcriptions, no real need to rename the TH though. But having it in the GR list when you first make a character would help, honestly can you see a first time noob running to TH from Doy ? What with all them fire mobs and possibly warbots and the spiderbots that can see you across a whole zone =/
The problem with your system of "fuck the storyline" is that the game then gets more boring and pointless the longer you're in it. The whle point of an MMORPG is that there is a storyline that you can follow and be a part of.

Yes, KK may get a few more subscriptions from people who get through the free trial, but they'll lose the money in long term subscriptions.

If you really want to help newbies better, why not do something in game yourself? Hang around newbie MC5 or DoY helping out the newbies. Hang out on the help channel and answer questions when you can.

And yes - I can see a noob running from DoY / NC to TH - I did it when I was introduced to the game. My clan mates took me out in their vehicles to collect Genreps and hsow me around. This is a MULTIPLAYER game! IMO that means that the PLAYERS should provide as many "game features" as the game itself does - and helping out newbies is a key one of them.

If this goes on we'll end up with newbies starting fully capped with a highly tuned setup with all the rares and boss mob items and as much cash as they'll ever need.

Athon Solo

Jesterthegreat
27-02-05, 17:17
Yes, KK may get a few more subscriptions from people who get through the free trial, but they'll lose the money in long term subscriptions.

hands up who would quit the game if noobs started with the TH gr... :rolleyes:

:edit: @ Naimex

i never saidthey dont exist... but so far no one has been known to leave one of them with any memory of leaving it. so whether its there or not i doubt people will suddenly start remembering leaving there... unless something goes really wrong :p

MkVenner
27-02-05, 17:22
or now TH is under CA control they could install a new MC6 down there....the way down the ladder and over that bridge thing just leads to a closed door...put it down there :p

naimex
27-02-05, 18:15
jester i didnt say you said they didnt exist, i was merely agreeing with you that they are most likely to exist... but they havent been found in nc yet (not been implemented)

Heavyporker
27-02-05, 21:37
oh, man... whine whine whine.

starter MC5 works well enough as a noob-education grounds, and no, TH gr should not be a gimme to noobs.

They want pokes, they can ask on faction, alliance or, *gasp* trade-nc/doy.

Or... hey! since they got noob implants, maybe they could just learn 10 to 20 units of poking skill and do it themselves until they can get regular access to a street doc?

Sheesh. Whiners.

athon
27-02-05, 22:19
hands up who would quit the game if noobs started with the TH gr... :rolleyes:

:edit: @ Naimex

i never saidthey dont exist... but so far no one has been known to leave one of them with any memory of leaving it. so whether its there or not i doubt people will suddenly start remembering leaving there... unless something goes really wrong :p
If you READ THE POST you'll find that I was talking about the "fuck the storyline" attitude and its repercussions.

My comment on the TH GR was that I don't believe it's a problem, and if it is that much of a problem, then the community can probably do far better things for the newbies than KK ever could.

[in character]
As for TH being under CA control, it never is and never will be fully under CA control. They have access to certain systems only because we have decided to allow them access. Any belief that the situation is otherwise is just wishful thinking or the result of the brain washing that the poor souls under Reeza's influence are subjected to.
[/in character]

Athon Solo

Seezur001
28-02-05, 03:55
I still say that KK needs to give us Angels back our home. Were scientists, we dont need to be living in the ruins of Dome of York.

LiL T
28-02-05, 12:34
oh, man... whine whine whine.

starter MC5 works well enough as a noob-education grounds, and no, TH gr should not be a gimme to noobs.

Or... hey! since they got noob implants, maybe they could just learn 10 to 20 units of poking skill and do it themselves until they can get regular access to a street doc?

Sheesh. Whiners.
Mc5 is great now with lots of mobs and stuff yeah .

But do you not remember what it was like to be a noob ?

When I was a noob I was using store bought weapons for at least 1 month and had no idea what poking was. But luckly the server was not so empty back then and all trade was done in plaza 1, I eventally worked it out.

Honestly what would be so bad as having that one GR in your list at the start :rolleyes:

Yeah try telling that to the noob on his 10 day trial who won't have a freaking clue what your talking about and is getting pissed off more and more.

Bugs Gunny
28-02-05, 12:52
When they removed backpacks i was saying that the game was now VERY unfriendly towards new players because they lose cash faster than they earn it.

Now with imps dropping too, what do we have?

2/7 noob standing in plaza, no cash, no ammo, nobody to poke him.

I don't think TH should be in your gr list right away, as the first time coming out of the NC gates or DOY gates and making that long hard trek toward TH is a FUN and EXCITING moment.
Would be better if they had an autopoke machine at the midicares that pokes low tl (like up to tl20) implants (and takes some cash per poke if you rightclick on it with implant in F7).

l8m0n
28-02-05, 12:56
No to n00b GR and no to re-namein TH ;)

LiL T
28-02-05, 14:56
Ok then forget it :)

But an email which you would get when starting a new character telling you all about the great TH might give them enough hint to make that journey :)

Original monk
28-02-05, 15:08
my biggest and most impressive moment when i was a noob was the walk from neocron to TH :)

we where with a team of 8 noobs orso :) trying to get around the doybombers but they where everywhere ! everywhere i tell ya !

:)

dont put it in the grlist but i understand where youre comming from, atlast the new player has he's first implant ... he dies ... it pops ... and he can walk an hour to get to TH if he ever finds it hehe :)

Bugs Gunny
28-02-05, 15:08

I've ran a bunch of 0/2's from doy to racetrack at the beginning of nc2.