PDA

View Full Version : Researching idea

LiL T
26-02-05, 22:02
After reading Morganths thread about how boring researching is and yes he is right it can make the blood boil or even make you go slightly mental.

What I think ..

BP's should be made to last, the quality of the BP would depend on the skills of the researcher and how long he spent working on it. Just like a constructer spends time building stuff to get a quality product, it would certainly make it more interesting than just clicking start 100 times. The better the researcher wants it to be, the longer it will take with research skill improving speed.

An example say a constructer ugently needs 1 bp of a fusion cannon the researcher could very quickly knock up 1 bp that would only produce 1 fusion cannon. But if the constructer wanted a BP that would be of the highest grade and for it to produce 500 fusion cannons it could take the researcher 1 RL day to research a blueprint to meet those requirements.

The highest grade or quality BP would produce the most slots and have capped build stats but would take the longest to produce. You could make a Blueprint that will inable a constructer to build 2000 tangent plasma cannons at highest grade.

But it might take 3 real life days :)

Just how I would like researching to be rather than the clicking start for 1 hour ? lolol

Oh and it might make researching a worth while tradeskill with people paying for GOOD blueprints WTS High Quality BP TPC 3000 runs 1 Mill DM ME

john irons
26-02-05, 22:25
this sounds strangly like something from eve.

dont let jenaru see this or he'll just piss all over it.

LiL T
26-02-05, 22:26
this sounds strangly like something from eve.

dont let jenaru see this or he'll just piss all over it.
^^ I know but ...

/edit in any case I got a big stick to hit him with if he starts :p

Jesterthegreat
27-02-05, 00:24
no.

if you wanna research then do it yourself, dont click a button and go afk for a day.

i dont expect to get xp on my PE for going afk for a day...

Morganth
27-02-05, 02:10
I like this idea. Sitting there and clicking a button whilst it tries to fly around the monitor is almost as boring as FoMk.

john irons
27-02-05, 03:26
no.

if you wanna research then do it yourself, dont click a button and go afk for a day.

i dont expect to get xp on my PE for going afk for a day... who said anything about gaining xp??

more likely you have to have capped int with 150 in ress to be able to use the batch facillity.

a reward for working hard.

and it shouldnt take longer than if you were to sit there and click start all day.

you should just be able to load it up with grease and cubes and it does the procsessing itself.

Xaru
27-02-05, 10:04
Thats not a god idea. Would make it even more boring. Who wants to research THREE DAYS IN A ROW on one blueprint. And what would you do in that time? And if you get disconnected, boom, start again :)

Better do do something different. Give us the possibility to do batches. if you put 1 BP in your Processor and one empty dc and then press batch it starts making BPs (maybe 50 max) and you CAN play a mini game during that time (like multiple choice questions or something like the hackgame) and if you are good at it, it decreases the production time by up to 50%. If you dont play, it just takes the normal amount of time to do those BPs.

That would make researching more interesting and people would not feel the urge to macro anything.

Regards
Xaru

athon
27-02-05, 10:14
This isn't a good idea because it would put most researchers out of business. Being able to make 2000 items off of 1 BP is just stupid. You'd end up with only a select few choosing to become a researcher and even fewer being on regularly - you wouldn't be able to find one when you wanted one.

It would also kill the amount of experiance researchers would be able to gain through researching. Again, this would be another factor towards making researchers not a viable choice of character.

Researching may be rather boring to some as it is, but one thing it is not is unbalanced. I say leave it alone, and those who find it tediously boring can choose to stop doing it.

Athon Solo

LiL T
27-02-05, 12:46
This isn't a good idea because it would put most researchers out of business. Being able to make 2000 items off of 1 BP is just stupid. You'd end up with only a select few choosing to become a researcher and even fewer being on regularly - you wouldn't be able to find one when you wanted one.

It would also kill the amount of experiance researchers would be able to gain through researching. Again, this would be another factor towards making researchers not a viable choice of character.

Researching may be rather boring to some as it is, but one thing it is not is unbalanced. I say leave it alone, and those who find it tediously boring can choose to stop doing it.

Athon Solo
Why would it be stupid, lets say it will take the same ammount of time, so a 200 run BP at normal quality would take the same amount of time to research as making 200 seperate BP's. Also a 200 run BP at normal quality will produce items at build cap so long as the constructer has the skill to cap the item. However a high quality BP for 200 runs would take alot longer but would need less construct skill for the items to be capped. Also if a good constructer ie over 200 in construct skill uses a high quality BP he will get a better chance of more slots.

Rethinking the idea :)

What if they put a cap on how many runs a high quality BP could hold say you could only have the max of 50 runs and it would take the researcher a long time to make such a cube. But the normal quality ones you get a max of 500 runs which would take about the same amount of time it currently takes to make 500 BP's.

Only the best Researchers could make High quality BP's for max runs the lowest noob resser can only make 1 high quality BP at a time :) This hole thing would only apply to weapon BP's and weapon part BP's or armor would remain the same.

200 research could ress a High quality BP at max runs

150 could make 1 high quality BP at a time

Below 150 could only make normal BP's

john irons
27-02-05, 13:53
ohh you know what?

fuck you all,

you just dont have a fucking clue.

LiL T
27-02-05, 14:03
ohh you know what?

fuck you all,

lol thxs for sharing that care to explain :)

sultana
27-02-05, 14:24
I'm not sure about this, it's just macroing really, without the macro :rolleyes:

What I think your idea ( :lol: ) should be, is have a new set of cubes (hell even use the tl 90 ones) that can hold the same bp 10 times i.e. can be constructed 10 times before it empties (or gets destroyed, whichever works). Researching this would take twice as long, but only one click. So nice for ressing low tl items, and for the higher level ones, you can go semi-afk while doing it, but still need to check on it every 10-20 minutes or so.

Constructing could also be done in the 10x batch also taking twice as long, or could stay as it is for now, once again, which ever works :p As it is, I think it's researching which is the more "tedious".

On another note, even 10 might be a little too much, could try 5 or something else.

And relating to research skill, you could have tl x 2 to be able to research the item into the 10x datacubes. The RP reason being, if the research is failed one time then the datacube is destroyed. So this would reward the researchers with high skill and those who use labs.

Just a thought :)

Mechanicus
27-02-05, 14:29
i thought you quit

damn my hopes were high :(

LiL T
27-02-05, 15:04
i thought you quit

damn my hopes were high :(
you're on ignore I don't like you

Jesterthegreat
27-02-05, 17:13
ohh you know what?

fuck you all,

you know what?

the day KK hire you is the day i quit.

just because you like the idea doesnt make it good. and if you dont like critasism (sp), dont post your ideas or agree with ideas on the forums.

i have poosted idea's / opinionsthat the community doesnt agree with... but i didnt gofor the "omg! fuck you all, im right your wrong" approach.

this idea wont add anything to tradeskilling... it will destroy it. the market would be flooded with BP's that took no effort to make. noob ressers would have even less jobs to level them up, this would cause the servers to be flooded with more and more weapons (with slots) thus decreasing the worth of items. basically it will not only make rolling a resser pointless, it will fuck the economy too.

you may like the idea... just remember its not your game and realise other peoples opinions are just as important as yours.

Mechanicus
27-02-05, 17:37
you're on ignore I don't like you
no im not, you cant quote someone whos on ignore :)

Jesterthegreat
27-02-05, 17:40
no im not, you cant quote someone whos on ignore :)

haha... its ok i was on his ignore both here and ingame :p

LiL T
27-02-05, 18:27
Erm I can see you're quote in jests post, and you were not on my ignore untill I noticed you were trolling at me ...

If I told you what I thought I would get banned so I added you to ignore so it would not come to that

Mechanicus
27-02-05, 19:14
you couldnt see my quote when you quoted me, thus i must have not been on block when you typed that im on block, [ edited ]

Nidhogg
27-02-05, 21:28
Cut it out and get back on topic.

N

athon
27-02-05, 22:26
Why would it be stupid, lets say it will take the same ammount of time, so a 200 run BP at normal quality would take the same amount of time to research as making 200 seperate BP's.
But it's only 1 click. I log on last thing at night, set up the research and click 'start'. When I come along in the morning - voila - equivalent of researching 200 bps done.

Also a 200 run BP at normal quality will produce items at build cap so long as the constructer has the skill to cap the item. However a high quality BP for 200 runs would take alot longer but would need less construct skill for the items to be capped. Also if a good constructer ie over 200 in construct skill uses a high quality BP he will get a better chance of more slots.
Wth the upcoming player shops this is an extremely bad idea. Anything that increases the number of high slotted items will end up ruining the game and absolutely everyone will be running around with 5 slots everythings (bar rare and boss mob items of course).

Rethinking the idea :)

What if they put a cap on how many runs a high quality BP could hold say you could only have the max of 50 runs and it would take the researcher a long time to make such a cube. But the normal quality ones you get a max of 500 runs which would take about the same amount of time it currently takes to make 500 BP's.
Same arguments as above still apply.

Only the best Researchers could make High quality BP's for max runs the lowest noob resser can only make 1 high quality BP at a time :) This hole thing would only apply to weapon BP's and weapon part BP's or armor would remain the same.

200 research could ress a High quality BP at max runs

150 could make 1 high quality BP at a time

Below 150 could only make normal BP's
And thus low level and hybrid researchers become completely useless - You'd have to have 1 slot with INT (almost) totally dedicated to researching (unless you want to spend lots of money on GR fees and the trouble of having to finding an op that will give you a good bonus, and probably a PPU to give you construct buff 3). Only today I say a skill level 50 researcher fobbed off for a TL9 job because he "wasn't good enough". What total and utter bullshit. This mentality would only increase if the suggestions here are implemented.

There is nothing wrong with research and construction at the moment. Leave them alone. If you don't like spending lots of time creating items then DON'T TRADESKILL! Don't ruin the game for the rest of us.

Athon Solo