PDA

View Full Version : Fire mob effects. GAHH!!

Seven
26-02-05, 20:01
Is there any way to turn down the fire effect of these mobs?
Especially the underground scorps, they're so small to try and hit with tons of tiny suns coming at you, you can't see shit.

Maybe an option to turn it off?

It's a huge problem for Melee users. :(

capt-o
26-02-05, 20:41
Without an AOE wep the el farid area is murderous to anyone besides droners and monks. It's too hard to aim and see. I tend to just avoid going there on my tank. Swamp caves, chaos caves, maybe worm tunnels or point red/ sherman bay.
Gaia mine if you can hack.

El Farid is one of those places that doesn't seem designed for MC tanks. Just as the chaos caves don't cater well to rifle spies.

yeah81
27-02-05, 21:49
You could always just go around in third person...

enigma_b17
27-02-05, 23:25
aoe-ing in 3rd person as a tank/apu/droner or anything really is a baaaaddddddd idea never goes where u want it lol

ROZZER187
28-02-05, 20:25
aoe-ing in 3rd person as a tank/apu/droner or anything really is a baaaaddddddd idea never goes where u want it lol

think he means melee in 3rd m8.
if you mean 3rd for aoe then enigma is right its suicide tbh

yeah81
28-02-05, 21:00
Yeah he said he was melee...I dont see any problem with that in 3rd person.

Seven
28-02-05, 22:38
Go into the underground desert where the tiny scorps are, they're 50 rank but tiny.
If you go to 3rd person you can't see (target) them because the fireballs block your view.

How about KK do something about the lights being too fucking bright and stop telling us to use a ban-aid fix every damn time. o_O

Same shit in the chaos caves with AOE weapons, total blindness every other second.

enigma_b17
28-02-05, 22:42
ooooo melee in 3rd person is grand. But there are no melee aoe weapons lol

Tostino
28-02-05, 22:49
He ment when the other Tanks are AoEing with fusion cannons.

Dr Strange
01-03-05, 04:05
It wouldn't be so bad if the fire stacks didn't last so long, or there was a limit to the number of stacks you can have on you. I don't mind a few but when you get 10+ stacks and it takes a minute or two for all of them to wear off so you can just see to run away....

I play in first cause it saves me a good chunk of frames per second. third is nice but it eats up more frames and resources. But El Farid is great leveling just in the volume in sheer numbers of decent level'd mobs. They need to make some anti fire drug or anti fire ppu spell (come on they got anti poison why not anti fire? ;\)

Seven
02-03-05, 04:46
They do, it's called fire resist potion, but the problem is the lighting with alot of stuff in this game.
IE.
Laserblades are way too bright in first person.

sultana
02-03-05, 05:01
They do, it's called fire resist potion, but the problem is the lighting with alot of stuff in this game.
IE.
Laserblades are way too bright in first person.
Fire resist potion adds fire resist (15 i think, maybe 25) it doesn't remove fire stacks, like antidote (drug) and antipoison (ppu spell) do to poison.

enigma_b17
02-03-05, 12:58
a jesus yea, aoein in 3rd person is like tryin to take a piss after uve drank half the city, u hit everything but the toilet. Includin urself and any lucky passer by

Bugs Gunny
02-03-05, 13:03
AOEing in 3d person is an exploit, as you are leveling con that way :-)

ROZZER187
02-03-05, 13:35
a jesus yea, aoein in 3rd person is like tryin to take a piss after uve drank half the city, u hit everything but the toilet. Includin urself and any lucky passer by

or even pissing into the wind :lol:

Notorious Fish
02-03-05, 15:07
think he means melee in 3rd m8.
if you mean 3rd for aoe then enigma is right its suicide tbh

Actually if you just shoot once and see where it goes you can find a point where its aiming... i do it all the time.... then again if im too lazy i wont crouch either... just me tho... i like 3rd person