PDA

View Full Version : neocron and Ebay

Original monk
25-02-05, 18:01
I wanted to know sumthing :)

Do KK mind items being sold on Ebay ? (ffcourse if the seller is correct and honest towards he's customers and if the goods are obtained on a legal & honest matter)

I sold a neocronitem on ebay once, a psicore, about a year ago ... said person offered me 6 dollar ... i think he quit a second after cause normally i saw em regularly ingame but since that moment i havent seen em nomore :/ i also lost he's email so i cant reach em anymore :/ (if he wants he can always DM me if he's still around ffcourse, i can yust refund the 6 dollar)

But thing i wanted to know if KK approve or dissaprove sales on Ebay ?

Buying on Ebay always has a small risk tough ... ya never know what ya gonna get ffcourse ...

I know its forbidden to advertise on the forums in any kind ... but is it forbidden to advertise an Ebay NC product ingame ? not spamming it all evening but atleast mentioning it ?

I dunno, a week ago i saw a person offering 10 dollar for a 1slot libby you see .. while that same evening 10 minutes before i sold a 1 slot libby for 30k ...

I tought i'd ask think its a win-win cause items on ebay are a form of advertising also :)

Or is this whole Ebaysituation unacceptable and for own financial gain ? .. i didnt heard alot about this subject yet here on the forums so i decided to ask :) or can ya better keep all these things a big secret ?

Dunno, worth a question :)

Capt. Rik
25-02-05, 18:10
I don't think KK can do anything to stop you from buying/selling game stuff on ebay. The company's stance will be that they will not support or replace accounts/items that are lost through out of game sales i.e. the risk is totally on the buyer

john irons
25-02-05, 18:59
the leagal conitations of this are amazing,
in the not too distant future people might actully be suing for loss of earnings damages and such.
especialy with games like project entropia.

Dribble Joy
25-02-05, 19:04
As long as the company undeniably states that all item transfer agreements and the methods of such are entirely up to the consumer, then they are not responsible.
And they aren't responsible, it just has to be defined a bit better to prevent inane legal fuckery.

People have set up entire companies to do this sort of thing. Groups of people power level and camp spawn spots and sell the items on ebay.
1 mill in gold in EQ2? That's $XX please....

john irons
25-02-05, 19:06
the games companys are untouchable yes,

but the players?
wheres thier proection?

soon you might get law companys playing and forming unions.
player strike anyone?

LiL T
25-02-05, 19:11
I think there ok with it but the items still belong to KK :) you're ineffect not paying for the item. You are paying for someone else to do you're hunting or play the game for you to get a nice item because you are to lazy to do it you're self ^^

Logan_storm_03
25-02-05, 20:07
lol, i have used ebay a few times, i havnt had a problem yet, but you still have to be carful, i also buy accounts, keep some things, do sum other things up and sell them for the same price, it takes a while but you can get all you need.

Monolithic
25-02-05, 21:18
This came up some time ago. KK's stance on it seems to be, you're grown up, do what you like, but don't trade rl-money on the forums/in-game.
Buying and selling on Ebay is technically a no-no, but as long as they don't see it they'll not worry ;)

Lexxuk
25-02-05, 23:52
FFXI and WoW to name 2, forbid the selling of ingame items on ebay, or anywhere for RL Money, their stance being the items ingame *they* own in every way, shape, or form, if they were to allow it, it would possibly give precedence to people claiming they have legal ownership over items with RL monetary value. People still do it, but risk having their accounts closed, but when you consider if you capped money in FFXI and sold it on ebay, it would make you $50,000ish, and its easy enough to double your money constantly, sheesh thats an easy living 8|

eprodigy
26-02-05, 01:40
thought i heard of story of a wow account sold on ebay, transferred to the buyer, then blizzard shut it down because they discovered it was sold or something ... sucks for the buyer.

Scaramanga
26-02-05, 02:01
I think kk made a post regarding this not too long ago. All items belong to company so you not got a leg to stand on if it gets lost in synch or there's a rollback and you lose it that way. Like the man said, it's all on the buyer.

Genty
26-02-05, 02:40
They don't mind it but if you get screwed over they just giggle at you.

Logan_storm_03
26-02-05, 12:48
i dont view it as you are 'buying' the Item just paying some one to hand it over to you or you are hireing some one to spend the time to fetch some nice items for you. So i dont see anything illegal with it. :rolleyes:

El Jimben
26-02-05, 22:38
If you're funding Paypal by your credit card (which I assume alot do), then your card issuer will protect you if you don't receive the goods you pay for. You'd probably need some kind of proof that there was a broken agreement (e-mails maybe) but I don't see why they wouldn't cover you, even though what you're buying isn't tangible