PDA

View Full Version : Much impressed with hacknet

LiL T
25-02-05, 12:41
Today I started a pure hacker I did not get my TL 3 software but I was still able to buy them, lvling as a noob hacker is now possible some mobs do hurt but they can be killed if you take extra care. The new sounds and textures are very cool it all points to something which could turnout to be really fun and intresting.

All the places in hacknet look more or less the same and I wonder why just have lots and lots of pathways ?

Could it be possible to take the zones we have in the wasteland and convert them to represent there hacknet form maybe. I vision it would be just the wireframe floor with hacknet orange textures pasted over it or green if the zone was currently controled by a pro city clan :) With data streams wizzing across the sky and you would be in the form of you're digital self that has broken away from those data streams. I just can't imagine PvP being much fun in the current hacknet zones, if you had the world in a digital representation. It would be so freaking cool imagine op wars with hackers fighting around the op, of coarse they would not see people in the real world.

just a thought

Capt. Rik
25-02-05, 12:55
Could it be possible to take the zones we have in the wasteland and convert them to represent there hacknet form maybe. I vision it would be just the wireframe floor with hacknet orange textures pasted over it or green if the zone was currently controled by a pro city clan :) With data streams wizzing across the sky and you would be in the form of you're digital self that has broken away from those data streams. I just can't imagine PvP being much fun in the current hacknet zones, if you had the world in a digital representation. It would be so freaking cool imagine op wars with hackers fighting around the op, of coarse they would not see people in the real world.

just a thought

That would be awesome... 5 *'s

Bugs Gunny
25-02-05, 12:58
PVP in hacknet is not fun. It's whoever gets off the first shot that wins, since the soft does so much dammage that your heal doesn't matter much.

I have a softwarecapping hacknet spy and i barely log him on, as hacknet is the most boring place in the world.

But hey, themeWEEKS aren't over yet, so maybe we'll finaly get those weapons they showed us. (reason why i'm keeping him hacknet)

MkVenner
25-02-05, 12:58
yeah that would be sweet to say the least

LiL T
25-02-05, 13:06
PVP in hacknet is not fun. It's whoever gets off the first shot that wins, since the soft does so much dammage that your heal doesn't matter much.

I have a softwarecapping hacknet spy and i barely log him on, as hacknet is the most boring place in the world.

But hey, themeWEEKS aren't over yet, so maybe we'll finaly get those weapons they showed us. (reason why i'm keeping him hacknet)
Well I see hacknet as a totaly new game inside of this one and it looks as if its in its very early stage. They could perhapes make the PvP software do random damage and locational damage, they could also make new software that stacks you with a Nano virus. Much like the APU poison spell you would have to take antidotes or even better use some other software to remove the stacks. They just need to balance the weapons in there make the buffs stronger and add a new anti buff type weapon, then it will take some skill to win a fight

naimex
25-02-05, 13:09
low level security daemons do 10 times as much damage as counter measure daemons from low level

they are both 10/10

the security ones fdo 50 dmg per hit and shoot fast

the countermeasure ones do 5 dmg per hit and shoot slow

damaged
25-02-05, 13:28
quote lupus
stay away from the moving mobs. they are bugged.
quote end

they do the 100x damage as they are supposed to do

Bugs Gunny
25-02-05, 13:43
Gotta love the 30/30 turrets in the uplinks. 3 shots you're dead.
If you come in from the doy side ot the neocron side you get some of those on your level when you synch in. Then it's time to jump down.

LiL T
25-02-05, 13:51
must every hacknet thread turn into a xx/xx mob insta-gibs I'm sure there aware of it

All this thread was my thoughts on how hacknet could be more fun so that more people would use it nothing more. (damn thats too many MORES)

Dirus
25-02-05, 13:56
quote lupus
stay away from the moving mobs. they are bugged.
quote end

they do the 100x damage as they are supposed to do
Actually, I got the two mixed. Sorry for the misinformation.

It's the Stationary "turret" type mobs that are overpowered. Tho the reason for this has been found, and will be fixed for next patch. As well as the ranges & damages adjusted on mobs & player weapons to better suit Hacknet's map size and layouts.

LiL T
25-02-05, 14:03
Thats cool :) then

I noticed the software does equal amounts of energy and xray damage at least I think they do have to check again . What I want to know is it the same for the mobs or do they do slightly more of one type of damage ?

I'm just wondering what sort of con setup would be best 50% / 50% or one being slightly higher :)

/Edit if con really did matter that much humm wonders how a hacker PE would work out in there :eek:

/Edit 2 humm PE would suck there intel is too low =/ see's why they don't allow implants to work in there

naimex
25-02-05, 14:26
Actually, I got the two mixed. Sorry for the misinformation.

It's the Stationary "turret" type mobs that are overpowered. Tho the reason for this has been found, and will be fixed for next patch. As well as the ranges & damages adjusted on mobs & player weapons to better suit Hacknet's map size and layouts.

so the security thingies ARE bugged ?

Bugs Gunny
25-02-05, 14:36
I tried my hc pe in hacknet, just for fun.
Didn't change his setup at all, using V0.2 and V0.3 softs he was doing about half the dammage to the 60/60's that my hacknet spy does, but he was able to take more of a beating.

It only made me love HC pe's more as being the most versatile VIABLE character there is.

Dirus
25-02-05, 14:38
so the security thingies ARE bugged ?
If by "ARE bugged" you mean the turret ones doing insta kill damage across basically a hacknet zone. Then yes.

Dribble Joy
25-02-05, 14:40
and will be fixed for next patch.
I don't suppose a rough exstimate of the time to a patch is likely to be forthcoming?
Week? Two months?

Bugs Gunny
25-02-05, 14:45
By the time you've capped your con that way :-)

The other mobs all seem allright to me.

Btw, what's the things that influence runspeed in hacknet, i've heard many things and i'm so sick of loming that spy.

Jesterthegreat
25-02-05, 14:49
If by "ARE bugged" you mean the turret ones doing insta kill damage across basically a hacknet zone. Then yes.

lmfao...

the way you talk to us bring a tear to my eye

:D

:edit: oh btw sick xp in there, no belt drop, no imp pops... is this how its meant to be? :p

:edit2: i kinda understand the no belt drop cos of fall damage and the small pathways, combined with no hack tools usage in there

naimex
25-02-05, 15:16

well that depends what you mean with a turret one.

cuz these thingies move around, up and down, left and right and spins around.

they can shoot from a quarter zone, and does 50 dmg per hit.

these are the security daemons thingies.

the counter measure thingies, that also move around up and down left and right and spins all over the place, only does 5 dmg per hit.

they are both rank 10/10.

and personally i wouldnt call a moving opponent a turret.

Dirus
25-02-05, 22:24
I don't suppose a rough exstimate of the time to a patch is likely to be forthcoming?
Week? Two months?
I haven't actually asked to be honest, so I can't say. I'm still doing some fine tuning to Hacknet over the weekend.

well that depends what you mean with a turret one.Intrusion Countermeasure Daemon v1.1.1
Corrupt TCP Packet v0.1.1
Corrupt TCP Packet v0.2.2
Corrupt TCP Packet v0.3.3
Corrupt ICMP Ping Packet v2.1.1
Corrupt ICMP Ping Packet v2.2.2
Corrupt ICMP Ping Packet v2.3.3
Infected Security Daemon v1.1.1
Infected Security Daemon v2.1.1
Infected Security Daemon v3.1.1

The ones above are classed as "turrets" and are overpowered due to the bug.

The rest of the mobs in Hacknet are underpowered due to the same type of bug.

naimex
25-02-05, 22:30
ty for clarifying, and this would be fixed in next patch you say ?

will this patch be within 1-2 weeks ? or a longtimer ?