PDA

View Full Version : Power Leveling an APU

dark_reaper
24-02-05, 23:57
I have just started a Monk, I am leveling my monk, he is already at lv10. Now, I would like to power level my monk. I want to cap him off as fast as possible. Any suggestions?

enigma_b17
24-02-05, 23:59
El farid, get a ppu to bring u down to the queen room and barrell like theres no 2morro

[edit] do the launchers in i06 till u can use a holy nrg barrell :P

dem0n
25-02-05, 00:23
el farid is decent even on your own, you don't have a line of sight and can hide behind pillars and take the scorps out. at the beggining I suggest you visit the pp1 low lever sewer and take on grand spider mobs there. you could also try caving if you have a team, just stay out of trouble and abuse not having LoS.

I'll be your PPU bitch for 150k/h :D

Tantta
25-02-05, 09:21
i went to el farid on first day already when i was using first barrel spell.
"power leveling" in there 2 days and got 3mil money :lol:

Original monk
25-02-05, 12:56
I have just started a Monk, I am leveling my monk, he is already at lv10. Now, I would like to power level my monk. I want to cap him off as fast as possible. Any suggestions?

put 22 ppu in youre monk and use that to level until you can start putting in apu chip 1 and 2 etc :) (the 22ppu makes it easy for you cause you can use healsanctum, heal, def, mellee and resistboost 1) 5 loms to take it down afterwords so pretty ok :)

also use the energy spells and try to get em build by a conster, best to level up

i dunno if youre pro or anticity but if you try to get to the aggyswers you can level up youre /10 char to about /20 and hit the launchers at the bunker or go for OZ4, try to "own" the first rooms first and when ya get better armour and pierce resist you can clear the sewers :)

if the aggy's do to much damage on youre frail apu then you can start out with beggars or the mutants in doy if youre doy (fe: at youre right when youre facing the door of the doy center entrance)

when youre getting to a energy halo you can start trying the first rooms of the swampcaves (low poisonbelt ... filter 1 ... few points in poisonresist, 20 orso) -> the healsanctum and heal work like a miracle here hehe, or hunt at the bunker at cyclopses

when this works out you can use the energy barrel 1 and you can try teaming a chaoscave team

thats also where you will end :)

(you can also spec 50 hack and make it a WB huntchar ... levels shitty but gives you nice parts)

if you really wonna powerlevel then get a ppu up youre ass ... as said above you can even hire em for 100-150k an hour ... did this once and it was very fun and actually it doesnt cost ya anything cause you make up the 100k by the mobs you kill :)

powerleveling apu's is darn easy in the chaoscaves (poisonbelt, filter1, poisonresist, hazboost)

try to get a cloack as fast as possible ... gives you a nice damageboost wich makes you level faster

also try to get the highest spell as possible everytime .. .higher spells means more damage and faster leveling ok there are exceptions but in general try to get higher spells as fast as possible :)

at higher ranks try to keep youre rank as low as possible ... above 3 stars you level shit :/

actual places where you can hunt ?

aggyswers plaza2
oz4 storage8
swampcaves (gravis, jankins and 1 zone north of jankins .. etc)
el farid village underground (the queen)
graves (ppu comes in handy)

and my own favourite: the chaoscaves (catlock bay, old TG HQ or CRP) , imo there isnt anything in NC that owns the chaoscaves XPwise .. that is when there is a good spawn of crawling critters :)

ppu + chaoscaves + build (120 dam/120 freq) holy energy barrel and/or holy firestorm= capped apu :)

these are yust some random toughts, there's more but it doesnt have to get too long :)

Jesterthegreat
25-02-05, 14:52
psi attack 2 is great for leveling...

if you find a ppu or pe to level with (IE someone who can DB) you do HL like damage for 20 mana per shot

Original monk
25-02-05, 16:47
psi attack 2 is great for leveling...

if you find a ppu or pe to level with (IE someone who can DB) you do HL like damage for 20 mana per shot

true, its a fucking overpowerd weapon lol :)

... pets the 5 slot psi attack2 :P