PDA

View Full Version : YOU NIDHOGG or anyother GM/mod online

Zheo
24-02-05, 19:14
ICQ 172374601 - Add it and come and talk to me, we found out why I can't login properly it's taken us five hours but we think (99.9999% sure) there servers broken or bugged. When i have a bad sync. I have only one packet and one ack. instead of two. There sequence numbers match so there's no lose any data it's simply not being sent. I can send you the raw data we pulled using ethereal (a packet sniffer). Please don't tell me to log a support ticket I've send emails back and forth for weeks and switched techie supporter a few times and it's getting me no where!!!

I might be off line in a sec as im at my brothers house. (yes thats right i took my computer to a new house and used a different connection as well as a different ISP.

I'll be taking my comp back so i should be online again in 20-30 mins enough time for you to read/reply and/or add me to icq.

Thanks!

enigma_b17
24-02-05, 19:17
f00k me....what the hell happened to u lol?

Genty
24-02-05, 19:25
Lets all have a party, yay for working out your comp does not work completely.

aKe`cj
24-02-05, 19:35
- kill each and every process you dont need
- kill all programs that arent needed to launch nc/keep win running
-> consider to take them out of autostart ^^, reboot try again
(including AV/FW progs)
- check you hardware (e.g. replace the ethernet-card)
- reinstall NC and patch (fresh) via DL

..but as I guess you've done all of this a few times already

- buy a new comp

YOU NIDHOGG
..and for the future.. please dont insult random forum-viewers in your topics :p

gamefreak
24-02-05, 19:40
- kill each and every process you dont need
- kill all programs that arent needed to launch nc/keep win running
-> consider to take them out of autostart ^^, reboot try again
(including AV/FW progs)
- check you hardware (e.g. replace the ethernet-card)
- reinstall NC and patch (fresh) via DL

- buy a new comp

..and for the future.. please dont insult random forum-viewers in your topics :p

lol?
paranoid ?

Original monk
24-02-05, 19:49
Lets all have a party, yay for working out your comp does not work completely.

you bring cookies, candy and straws

i bring drinks and dope

dont forget youre partyhat

:D

Genty
24-02-05, 19:59
can i have a sparkly cowboy hat?

Cookies and milk along with candy are on the way. Gonna go rob some straws from McDonalds now.

what a lovely party this shall be!

Zheo
24-02-05, 20:15

- buy a new comp

read the post :) The NC server is NOT sending the information out to my computer there's nothing wrong my end. IT does send the info some times and some times it doesn't when it doesn't i'm capable of being killed etc. but I don't even notice it, conversations stop mid flow :) And I mentioned Nidhogg because I know he's heard about these problems before, him and Lupus both have and I'd rather speak to one of them on ICQ (instant) rather than speaking to a techie via email every few days, since I can't play NC atm and im still paying I have the desire to get it working ASAP, it's just like food, you wouldn't pay for food if you couldn't eat it because there was only packing and every now and then some food! You'd get mad!

Anyways all I want is Server fix, and me playing NC again, is that really so much to ask?

P.S. no party is complete with out mini sausages!!!

Edit/ EEPS sorry about the title Nidhogg it was suposed to be YO not YOU only just noticed that! my appologises!

aKe`cj
24-02-05, 20:19
The NC server is NOT sending the information out to my computer
I'd say if it really was a server-side error, we'd all have these problems .. might be wrong on that though ;)

Skusty
24-02-05, 20:24
Is Niddhog a GM? Wow...i tougth he was an oldman pissing us off with hes line " Leaving thread , closed " :p

[TgR]KILLER
24-02-05, 20:35
Is Niddhog a GM? Wow...i tougth he was an oldman pissing us off with hes line " Leaving thread , closed " :p

don't mess with niddy eh.. yes he's a GM.. and the forum boss.. and he's a STORM bot instead of a COP bot.. that meens he's very powerfull ;x

/me waves to nick :p

Skusty
24-02-05, 20:40
Well he is still pissing me off some times....dont he piss u off some times??? I think niddie should take nerv medicine and take a break...so we can spam leaving thread so he cant close them :D

Zheo
24-02-05, 20:41
KILLER']that meens he's very powerfull ;x

Hense the title (which is miss spelt should be YO not YOU) :) 20 days with no NC (Well not true I have been on but i cant do much so only for like 20 mins usually unless it was a good day)

Mighty Max
24-02-05, 21:42
Dont want to be mean or anything, but just wanted to put a big CAUTION about that litening on the datastream:

Out of the Rules of Conduct:
14) You will not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the NEOCRON Service

If you cant login, get in contact with helpdesk@ or tech@

-Demon-
24-02-05, 21:53
Dont want to be mean or anything, but just wanted to put a big CAUTION about that litening on the datastream:

14) You will not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the NEOCRON Service

Don't want to be mean or anything but read the damn post

For a start he's just monitoring the packets..nothing bad about that...if there was then alot of us that run firewalls would be in trouble.

He's already spoken to helpdesk/tech and thats why he posted here to talk someone 1 to 1 who has spoken to him in the past about the issues.

Zheo
24-02-05, 22:25

Umm i contacted help desk almost 3 weeks ago (20 days) best thing they suggested was re-installing NC which i've done 3 times, I've also had about 2 or 3 different techies try and help me and i've send them my error.log so many times it's not funny anymore! I want them to seriously look into this not sit there going "Oh great another complaint prolly hasn't set the rules up properly."

(and don't tell me they don't do that because I work with customers and we rip the piss out of the stupid ones 24/7) But this is no stupid complaint.

Ok for those of you who are wondering why im complaining:

Succesfull Sync = PSH+ACK then ACK then PSH+ACK (in packet talk this is)

Unsuccesfull sync = PSH+ACK

There is NO packet lose as we checked that they are all following from one another and the only thing we can figure out is that the server is NOT sending the information.

So stop telling me to re-install neocron, or contact helpdesk because it's not working! You'd think this is something i've been lazy about eh? I haven't spend about 15 odd hours tryng to fix this and been lazy cos serious there are better things I can do with my time like go for a walk with my fiance...

And yes i am getting ever so "touchy" so the next time you post pls READ all of the thread instead of the first line... and then take a moment to think about it before replying. If it was as simple as just re-installing i'd have done it by now trust me.

Zheo
24-02-05, 22:36
I'd like to Apologise to the GM's/mod's specially Nidhogg, for the title of my other thread, I should have read before I posted.

So: Sorry to all GM's and Mods & specially Nidhogg, for the title of my thread +anything else that was offensive.

Note: I wasn't whipped into this by mods this is out of my own though, having to deal with customers I know somethings just can't be done and having someone bitch is really not what your in the mood for.

Best Regards to KK team,

Dale.

dem0n
25-02-05, 00:16
ethereal (a packet sniffer) I think N would have said "lol, no kidding".

j/k :p, hope you fix your problem ;)

I know this may not help, but if you got an ICS, check that your requests pass him, or that something isn't blocking NC ports, or that your NAT is working correctly. it's just not possible that the server isn't ack-ing your requests, if you think a little better, I'm pretty sure you'd understand that KK isn't blocking any IPs on their servers, so something has to be wrong on your end. in any case you could maybe ask your ISPs tech support to monitor your connection, and to send you your traffic logs.

Nidhogg
25-02-05, 12:27
I sympathise with your problem but the following points have to be borne in mind: I am not in a position to be able to help you with technical issues as I am not involved in that area of work - I simply don't have the answers you seek
The helpdesk (or tech@neocron.com) are the people you need to send your new information to as part of your ongoing support call
If it was simply a problem of the server sending incorrect data then this issue would be endemic, which it isn't. Granted we all experience login problems from time to time, but not with the severity that you appear to experience them
Just because you don't receive a packet doesn't necessarily mean the server didn't send it
The tech guys will be interested in your information.

N

Zheo
25-02-05, 22:55
Just because you don't receive a packet doesn't necessarily mean the server didn't send it[/list]
The tech guys will be interested in your information.

N

I have sent the info to em, also i'll what I can if they ask for more info. but the packet sniffer as we understood it showed that the packets where in order if you like so it kinda went: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... instead of 1, 2, 5.... indecating something was missing. My ISP has stated they don't block anything as unless I ask them to, and the server is free to send on any port and any type of connection to my computer, even with my firewall off the problems happend. Anyways I'm going to reply to helpdesk again, I replied to an old ticket I think as the ticket number changed when someone else took over...

Odin
25-02-05, 23:16
I have sent the info to em, also i'll what I can if they ask for more info. but the packet sniffer as we understood it showed that the packets where in order if you like so it kinda went: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... instead of 1, 2, 5.... indecating something was missing. My ISP has stated they don't block anything as unless I ask them to, and the server is free to send on any port and any type of connection to my computer, even with my firewall off the problems happend. Anyways I'm going to reply to helpdesk again, I replied to an old ticket I think as the ticket number changed when someone else took over...

You'll have to write a new one as we have a new person doing tech support now.

Oath
25-02-05, 23:41
Sorry Zheo im no longer in the gm team, too much hassle for me at the moment.

Lexxuk
25-02-05, 23:47
ethereal only monitors packets over your local network, i.e. router->network card. Have you tested by setting up a network, i.e. router->computer 1->your computer, have ethereal on computer 1 monitoring the packets between the router and itself, and its network card and your computer to make sure the loss isnt on ur side?

/edit - means that servers could be sending every packet, your just losing them between NC and urself

Zheo
26-02-05, 14:44
ethereal only monitors packets over your local network, i.e. router->network card. Have you tested by setting up a network, i.e. router->computer 1->your computer, have ethereal on computer 1 monitoring the packets between the router and itself, and its network card and your computer to make sure the loss isnt on ur side?

/edit - means that servers could be sending every packet, your just losing them between NC and urself

Wouldn't that show up? As the packets are saying

Packet 23: Im no. 23, no. 24 is next.
Packet 24: Im no. 24 the guy before me was 23 and the next one is 25.
Packet 25: im no. 25 the guy before me was 24 and the next one is 26...

If a packet was being lost mid flow wouldn't it say;

Packet 23: Im no. 23, no. 24 is next.

Packet 25: im no. 25 the guy before me was 24 and the next one is 26...

Also keep in mind that we dailed up using a freeserve account and that had the same problems

CMaster
26-02-05, 14:50
Due to the nature of TCP/IP, packets don't necissarily arive in order...

Morganth
26-02-05, 15:09
Due to the nature of TCP/IP, packets don't necissarily arive in order...

Yeah, the sequence number they are assigned should be encrypted using some funky algorithm to prevent MitM attacks. Therefore they may look really dodgy numerically, but the computer reads it as a regular sequence.

Zheo
26-02-05, 22:41
Yeah, the sequence number they are assigned should be encrypted using some funky algorithm to prevent MitM attacks. Therefore they may look really dodgy numerically, but the computer reads it as a regular sequence.

Don't make me boot up ethereal and copy/paste the logs in here.... fine here you go....

No. Time Source Destination Protocol Info
363 81.489926 62.140.29.52 192.168.2.6 TCP 12000 > 1226 [PSH, ACK] Seq=85 Ack=81 Win=65455 Len=25

Frame 363 (79 bytes on wire, 79 bytes captured)
Ethernet II, Src: 00:a0:c5:71:6e:fd, Dst: 00:07:e9:ef:4f:e5
Internet Protocol, Src Addr: 62.140.29.52 (62.140.29.52), Dst Addr: 192.168.2.6 (192.168.2.6)
Transmission Control Protocol, Src Port: 12000 (12000), Dst Port: 1226 (1226), Seq: 85, Ack: 81, Len: 25
Data (25 bytes)

No. Time Source Destination Protocol Info
367 81.619143 192.168.2.6 62.140.29.52 TCP 1226 > 12000 [ACK] Seq=81 Ack=110 Win=65426 Len=0

Frame 367 (54 bytes on wire, 54 bytes captured)
Ethernet II, Src: 00:07:e9:ef:4f:e5, Dst: 00:a0:c5:71:6e:fd
Internet Protocol, Src Addr: 192.168.2.6 (192.168.2.6), Dst Addr: 62.140.29.52 (62.140.29.52)
Transmission Control Protocol, Src Port: 1226 (1226), Dst Port: 12000 (12000), Seq: 81, Ack: 110, Len: 0

-end-

And before you start yest i noticed the No. 363 then 367 and there's a cap because I didn't past the stuff in between just the commands/info thats sent when you sync.

363: Seq: 85, Ack: 81, Len: 25

367: Seq: 81, Ack: 110, Len: 0

As you can see the ack 81 follows onto the seq 85 which is how it works, the next packet of relavence will be seq 110. which was 486 (just incase you wanted to know. I could copy and past the entire thing in here but it's about 496 packets (or whatever) long. Meaning about 20odd pages of text :)

Also one more point... why does Neocron use the port 20999? I don't remember that being anywhere, and since NC2 started I've had to open that port, never though anything of it though...