PDA

View Full Version : LCD Displays

Lexxuk
24-02-05, 17:48
Before I go splash out on a 14ms 17" LCD, I was talkin to a guy today who mentioned a new type of CRT monitors on the horizon using about 40% of the space of current CRT displays, naturally it appeals to me to have CRT over TFT, so does anyone know about these new superslim CRT's? Googles about as useless as ever :rolleyes:

Revslad
24-02-05, 17:51
i know they will be on sale soon, prob q4 of 05, expect them to cost around the same as a tft too

Spoon
24-02-05, 18:22
Googles about as useless as ever :rolleyes:

Only for you n00b......

http://www.canon.com/technology/detail/device/sed_display/

http://www.cnet.com/4520-10602_1-5618734-1.html

:lol:

Lexxuk
24-02-05, 18:34
I get best buy, kelkoo etc.. and links to sites which host googles adsense things as a directory, unless I use -kelkoo -shit sites that is :p

If they are going to be about same price as LCD, may as well get an LCD monitor rather than wait for prices to bottom out on CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome according to google :p)

LOST
24-02-05, 19:43
why is technology so obvious ???

instead of charging magnetic coils / tubes to project electrons across a spectrum...use many many emitters with a shorter range to take away the depth. strangley interesting.

will probably cost 800gazillion pounds mind.
buy a decent lcd or a low res giant plasma (just because its huge).

EDIT: i cant see me getting rid of my huge/heavy/ancient EIZO crt. its hardly a baby, but its mine. :D

Lexxuk
24-02-05, 20:50
Yeah, I bout the 17 incher, 12ms response time for no ghosting in super fast games, like solitare, 17 inches so I can brag to the girls down the pub, and umm, LCD so I can umm, err, never want to touch it coz fingerprints are a bitch :lol:

LOST
24-02-05, 21:25
dont brag about 17" to girls...you know they divide all numbers men state by 5.

and woot the solitare^^

Lexxuk
25-02-05, 03:44
dont brag about 17" to girls...you know they divide all numbers men state by 5.

and woot the solitare^^

actually, I find if you lie and say its smaller, you get either curious girls wanting sex, or a pity shag, either way WIN :D *coff* not that I would recommend such things of course :angel: