PDA

View Full Version : The imp drop

[KoS]Brad
23-02-05, 16:02
Its great now that you guys have fixed the imp drop, everyones pleased, pokers are making money again, but theres one problem, with World of Warcraft and City of Heros out... There arn't ANY high level pokers on Terra anymore. I need a TL 52 poke, just 52, barley high and I can't get it done because all the pokers have either fucked off to play a different game or have lomed their Poke. So heres a poll for you guys to do.

Capt. Rik
23-02-05, 16:11
Keep it totally in it's current state (i'm glad it's back!)

Find a better way of pulling customers into the game so that we have more people playing and therefore more pokers

Crest
23-02-05, 16:15
I recomend a change of this, any low level chip (level one, does not need a imper).

Most impers sit in TH now days and for a level 3/10 to get there .... he will sure level his cons. Make poking free upto level 25 or something so the guys got a chance...

Still plenty pokers about though, and I hate loosing my imps, but its part of the game, always has been ... Make LE chars have a chance of loosing their LE's after level 30, that will help them not to die

[TgR]KILLER
23-02-05, 16:43
hmm.. i din't have problems getting poked.. but maybe thats because i know loads of people and they just log alts for me :p

i deleted my own poker ( TL 105 or so was still leveling him ) when i came back earlyer this month to make my PPU.. never liked to level my poker anyway.

oh btw.. i don't mind that it is back.. at least solved the times pkers come back every 5 seconds because they just gotta wait out si.. only thing i hate is that i just died 3 times since its back.. and 2 times to sync bugs and 1 time of a right click bug :/

mummi
23-02-05, 16:59
Finally imps are dropping was getting pissed on those lame ass cunts coming back 3 mins after u just wasted them :O

SorkZmok
23-02-05, 17:05
stop whine

Ultazha
23-02-05, 17:08
implant drop is a feature.
non drop was a bug.

That's all. ;)

And i play a pandora where we got only 100 people on peak hours ;)

hegemon
23-02-05, 17:16
Brad']Its great now that you guys have fixed the imp drop, everyones pleased, pokers are making money again, but theres one problem, with World of Warcraft and City of Heros out... There arn't ANY high level pokers on Terra anymore. I need a TL 52 poke, just 52, barley high and I can't get it done because all the pokers have either fucked off to play a different game or have lomed their Poke. So heres a poll for you guys to do.

While you were yelling for a poker in-game before writing this, I went to TH, got poked, did some stuff, got killed and my Hawking popped so I went to TH and got poked again.

This far, since the implants started dropping again, I had to wait for a poker exactly once (out of maybe 15-20 deaths) and that was early one morning when the server population was around 6%. The only problem is getting noob pokes because all pokers have relocated to TH.

ROZZER187
23-02-05, 18:50
had problems finding a poker even before imps stopped dropping lol, but theres nothing to change really, at least this way when you kill someone they wont be back 10 seconds later. keep the imp drop tbh

Skusty
23-02-05, 18:50
dunno....

TWOK
23-02-05, 20:05
Keep it, but I voted "a chance an imp may not drop", would add some variation I guess.. Only died twice myself (both times an MC5 popped) but never had any problem getting poked.

Crest
23-02-05, 20:16
had problems finding a poker even before imps stopped dropping lol, but theres nothing to change really, at least this way when you kill someone they wont be back 10 seconds later. keep the imp drop tbh

Supply and demand, demand was low so supply was not really required. This was due to the bug in the first place

If the bug was never introduced then we would not have felt this way.... It slows PVP down a bit

Scaramanga
23-02-05, 20:17
Make LE chars have a chance of loosing their LE's after level 30, that will help them not to die

Can't see the logic in that. If players want PvM only for whatever reason they should be entitled to it. (Sorry if i missed your sarcasm)

nobby
23-02-05, 20:49
Auto Poker All The Way!

El Jimben
23-02-05, 21:14
Brad']I need a TL 52 poke, just 52, barley high and I can't get it done because all the pokers have either fucked off to play a different game or have lomed their Poke. So heres a poll for you guys to do.

I agree with Kid, stop whine and lom tbh :p My ppu pokes TL115 with drug/glove/spy3 but that doesn't really help my 3 non-poking alts, but I got over it.

Hellmag
23-02-05, 22:03
Why not make it random (like slots on const)?
That is, 0-5 imps drop on death, and if you have neg SL at least one drop.

braydagner
23-02-05, 22:28
I like that idea. Make the amount of implants dropped dependant upon SL. The more SL, the less imps dropped, or the lower the TL of the ones taht drop.

cornelius5
23-02-05, 22:44
i would love to know what goes into the calculation of this "random" imp pop thing
it seems like i always pop 3 imps and drop something useless in belt,
when i do feel lucky that only a footbone popped out, im almost positive my pa will be in belt.

was that cohesive? ,early, tired, will edit later , night\

oh yeah , the sl imp pop sounds sweet

Notorious Fish
23-02-05, 23:11
I SWEAR TO WHAT EVER YOU DIETY YOU WORSHIP YOU FUCKERS BITCH ABOUT EVERYTHING... If you havent noticed there are no more 4 hour op fights Thank the holyiest one. I swear KK could give you all 1000000 million credits and you all would bitch about it... You KNEW this was coming the DAY imps didnt drop.. FFS STOP BITCHING LIKE SPOILED HOUSEWIVES....

Tostino
23-02-05, 23:40
I SWEAR TO WHAT EVER YOU DIETY YOU WORSHIP YOU FUCKERS BITCH ABOUT EVERYTHING... If you havent noticed there are no more 4 hour op fights Thank the holyiest one. I swear KK could give you all 1000000 million credits and you all would bitch about it... You KNEW this was coming the DAY imps didnt drop.. FFS STOP BITCHING LIKE SPOILED HOUSEWIVES....
What he said :lol:.

MkVenner
24-02-05, 00:48

rofl...

tho i can sorta see where others are coming from...there are a lack of pokers...tho that could just be due to the big...leave it a bit yet...some more might come out of the woodwork...you never know

enigma_b17
24-02-05, 01:46
u cant get rid of the imp drop, as annoying as it may be sometimes. Op wars would be crap, theyd go on for ever, at least with the imp drop it takes the offensive team a while to get ready again. Secondly i do think that the city needs autopokers, there is simply too low a population

Inchenzo
24-02-05, 02:07
I like that idea. Make the amount of implants dropped dependant upon SL. The more SL, the less imps dropped, or the lower the TL of the ones taht drop.

ya know, this idea might actually help against allied/neutral killing.. very interesting...

darkservent
24-02-05, 02:39
I dont care Keep the drops even though theres the lack of Pokers. I think thats a problem with server pops being not great which I'd hope will be better once this damned game finally releases after like eonsssssssssssss.

TBH this imp drop poll shouldnt even exist cause it wouldnt have been an issues if the dam bug never occured. I vote KK DELETE THIS POLL EFFECTIvE IMMEDIATLY. Its really not up for discussion.

N3v3rM0r3
24-02-05, 02:47
i agree implant drop

so, people cant respawn at op gr and after 5 min return to fight.

and poker now can be a true work again :)

N3v3rM0r3

Jesterthegreat
24-02-05, 04:16
ya know, this idea might actually help against allied/neutral killing.. very interesting...

if a group of ally killers have a single poker between them it wouldnt.

SorkZmok
24-02-05, 04:32
Everytime i died so far, i had my SA out. See me whine on the forums? No. I genrepped out, got poked, problem solved.

About that SL thing, nice idea, no way though. The SL system is shit, exploitable and did i say shit already?

Inchenzo
24-02-05, 05:21
if a group of ally killers have a single poker between them it wouldnt.

Well actually it would help even if they got pokers, seeing that if you have low or negative SL means that alot of your imps will drop when you die, you will also have to repair them alot. and eventually the imps get wrecked, and that will mean they will have to get new ones.

Though it is flawed seeing as they probably have alts to get the stuff back easily..

but don't worry this possible feature will probably never be implemented..

Notorious Fish
24-02-05, 06:04
u cant get rid of the imp drop, as annoying as it may be sometimes. Op wars would be crap, theyd go on for ever, at least with the imp drop it takes the offensive team a while to get ready again. Secondly i do think that the city needs autopokers, there is simply too low a population

Dude did you OP fight in the last forever? It was horrible 3-4 hour op fights just for one op. KK made the best move and I agree with it 100% if you want no imp drop you need to grow some balls and learn to let the hair on your chest show.

Notorious Fish
24-02-05, 06:07
Everytime i died so far, i had my SA out. See me whine on the forums? No. I genrepped out, got poked, problem solved.

and you are more of a man then any person on this forums. save for me of course :angel: i think KK should just delete the forums. that way i dont have to come on here looking for something helpful or interesting to find a bunch of pro city ball lickers bitching about something that has been in the game since as long as i can remember. If anything thing this thread should be title "Damn that was a good vacation from IMP drop... well back to business!"

Asurmen Spec Op
24-02-05, 06:38
and you are more of a man then any person on this forums. save for me of course :angel: i think KK should just delete the forums. that way i dont have to come on here looking for something helpful or interesting to find a bunch of pro city ball lickers bitching about something that has been in the game since as long as i can remember. If anything thing this thread should be title "Damn that was a good vacation from IMP drop... well back to business!" wow, I like what youve said in this thread
/set sex_fish 100000000000000000000000000000000
:)

sultana
24-02-05, 07:16
and you are more of a man then any person on this forums. save for me of course :angel: i think KK should just delete the forums. that way i dont have to come on here looking for something helpful or interesting to find a bunch of pro city ball lickers bitching about something that has been in the game since as long as i can remember. If anything thing this thread should be title "Damn that was a good vacation from IMP drop... well back to business!"
If anyone was abusing the no-imp drop is was anticity, they held most of the op's whenever one was attacked and someone died, gr straight back into the underground and be back at it 5 minutes later anyone?

-Demon-
24-02-05, 11:25
I voted keep it, it's the way it's always been and only just come back after 2 months.

Blame KK for this they have sat about letting this bug carry on and on so all the pokers have either left or are just alts logged on only for mates etc.
I think 4 slots doesn't help either...you could always be sure on pluto someone would be sat on the lights in P1 poking etc.

Jesterthegreat
24-02-05, 14:14
Well actually it would help even if they got pokers, seeing that if you have low or negative SL means that alot of your imps will drop when you die, you will also have to repair them alot. and eventually the imps get wrecked, and that will mean they will have to get new ones.

Though it is flawed seeing as they probably have alts to get the stuff back easily..

but don't worry this possible feature will probably never be implemented..

im not worried... i dont ally kill without a reason, i have a 56 SL runner and a 100 SL runner, and all my chars have fsm access (even my < rank noob spy) so even if i did i have access to imps / missions.

Terkantia
24-02-05, 15:22
Don't change a damn thing . . .

Its about time this was fixed and there is no reason to alter anything. It really changes (if only from perspective) the way ppl behave. It adds a bit of consequence back into what used to be a riskless death.

Notorious Fish
24-02-05, 15:23
If anyone was abusing the no-imp drop is was anticity, they held most of the op's whenever one was attacked and someone died, gr straight back into the underground and be back at it 5 minutes later anyone?
OH please dont point the finger... EVERYONE DID IT... i did it you did it he did they did it ..

NexusPlexus
24-02-05, 20:07
I agree with Crest about bein able to poke yer own lev 1 imps in.

Especially since u don't need any until level 30.

Think about it, a level one pistol eye gives howmuch to pistol skill?

..and does that much extra in your combat skill REALLY make a differance in the scheme of things??

A big definite no, level 1 imps are not much more than a temporary
" Hey look what I just found! " for noob players.

N3v3rM0r3
24-02-05, 21:16

eheheh yes indeed but usually they prefer to : come with more players, fight ONLY near underground entrance ( if got few heal go under ) and lame in front of hacknet spawn :lol:

N3v3rM0r3

tiikeri
25-02-05, 06:56
WHO THE FUCK PLAYS CoH? :P:P:P

MeWhiteWolf
25-02-05, 15:01
The imp drop is a welcome readdition to the game - the only people who should really be complaining are the total newb's. If i joined in the last.. um is it two months then yeah ok this would be a hell of a shock.
But sorry guys this is the way it is, and always should have been.

As a reply to the "level 1 imps being self useable" maybe introduce another check - imps below say tl15 (dunno what the level 1 eyes are) have no chance of dropping, should stop everything we hated about the no imp drop bug, and keep the newb's happy for a bit - hey what non newb has a tl15 imp?

edit: but then they will probably just complain when their dex/int/str etc is over tl15 so nvm.....

Capt. Rik
25-02-05, 15:05
WHO THE FUCK PLAYS CoH? :P:P:P

me...occasionally...

Hot-Salsa
25-02-05, 18:26
nice to see that imps drop but i think you guys are about ego tripping here...its not fun as low lvl to lose imps...didnt use to with LE before...but now all imps drop like shit..and the only place you will find a poke is at TH not easy access for a low lvl charater...so my wish for a low lvl as to either get a auto poker or...make theyr imps not drop until they hit XX/30 to give em a fair start... :wtf:

ROZZER187
25-02-05, 19:16
OH please dont point the finger... EVERYONE DID IT... i did it you did it he did they did it ..

in actual fact the person who pointed the finger first was you :rolleyes:

not quoting you for arguements sake, just a fact.

to all the people who voted for the imp drop to be removed fcuk off tbh
imps have always dropped :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

op fights and pvp are much better with the imp drop. and nobody ever complained before until now.

l8m0n
25-02-05, 19:30
Keep it as it is ;)

Hot-Salsa
25-02-05, 19:42
i would rather like to have it as nc1 was...where LEs didnt drop imps..or do a refix so they dont drop on LEs before xx/30 . think a little about the low lvls...try and get a poke in doy or nc...forget it...you must travel to th each time... :eek:

and that probly aint much fun for a new player...or a low lvl at all...

NexusPlexus
25-02-05, 19:50
ah heck, whats the fuss..

the majority voted for......... *drumroll please*

(brrrr-rrrrr-rrrp-boom-boom-boom-BOOM!)

" Keep It " ;) *ta-dah!*

nuff said i reckon.

MeWhiteWolf
26-02-05, 05:40
all my players from nc1 are le'd and always were - they did drop imps so why do all these people keep saying that in nc1 LE's didn't drop imps? yes we did - just not the LE.
hell before backup date i went out and bought new imps since my old ones were damaged and we didn't know how easy/hard it was ging to be to get em.

Jesterthegreat
26-02-05, 20:20
ah heck, whats the fuss..

the majority voted for......... *drumroll please*

(brrrr-rrrrr-rrrp-boom-boom-boom-BOOM!)

" Keep It " ;) *ta-dah!*

nuff said i reckon.

majority always vote for remove para...

majority vote means nothing

Dr Strange
04-03-05, 17:53
It is fucking ridiculous. I know this thread's been here a while and a lil old but ya know, after having to fucking BEG for a tl 115 poker for the 508th time it's getting out of hand.

I can understand a single imp popping. I can understand a need for pokers. I can understand tipping these pokers for their time and service.

What I refuse to understand is having 5+ imps pop out every death and at least one of them being a tl 115 poke required.

I know it's what was supposed to happen, and yea we got a little lazy since they didn't drop for 2+ months. But at the same time when your crucial imps pop that you need, you don't have time to wait an hour+ in tech haven or whereever for a poker to get off their lazy fucking asses to poke someone offering a 100k for a couple pokes.

I mean I've seriously contemplated making a second account just to make a fucking capped pure poker, sticking his ass in tech haven and taping down the fire button so he auto pokes whenever I need him too.

Notorious Fish
04-03-05, 17:56
It is fucking ridiculous. I know this thread's been here a while and a lil old but ya know, after having to fucking BEG for a tl 115 poker for the 508th time it's getting out of hand.

I can understand a single imp popping. I can understand a need for pokers. I can understand tipping these pokers for their time and service.

What I refuse to understand is having 5+ imps pop out every death and at least one of them being a tl 115 poke required.

I know it's what was supposed to happen, and yea we got a little lazy since they didn't drop for 2+ months. But at the same time when your crucial imps pop that you need, you don't have time to wait an hour+ in tech haven or whereever for a poker to get off their lazy fucking asses to poke someone offering a 100k for a couple pokes.

I mean I've seriously contemplated making a second account just to make a fucking capped pure poker, sticking his ass in tech haven and taping down the fire button so he auto pokes whenever I need him too.

It is no worse the on Saturn, convincign someone to log a poker. Suck it up and play the game. Stop coming here to bitch. About shit you little pussies

Last night my Herc popped. This is my third death since the patch and the third time my Herc popped. Cept this time it broke. BOo WHo. Dont see me bitching about imp drop. and TBH I GRed to TH and WHAM a 115 poker.. So my suggestion is look harder. Bitch less.

Tostino
04-03-05, 17:57

I have been thinking about doing that too :(. It's sad how long it takes to get pokes unless you know somone.

Notorious Fish
04-03-05, 18:00
I have been thinking about doing that too :(. It's sad how long it takes to get pokes unless you know somone.

Its not that bad guys. I have had to wait an hour before and that is STILL not that bad. Everygame has down time and save for imp drop there is NO DOWN time in NC. So get used to it. Even if you quit and go play something else youll have down time

Tostino
04-03-05, 18:03
If it was only a HR down time before you can find a poker then it would be fine. But I have been looking for some pokes for a day and a half now.

Dr Strange
04-03-05, 18:21
It is no worse the on Saturn, convincign someone to log a poker. Suck it up and play the game. Stop coming here to bitch. About shit you little pussies

Last night my Herc popped. This is my third death since the patch and the third time my Herc popped. Cept this time it broke. BOo WHo. Dont see me bitching about imp drop. and TBH I GRed to TH and WHAM a 115 poker.. So my suggestion is look harder. Bitch less.

Didn't play nc1, never played on Saturn so that is irrelevant information to me.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is a forum? And in the general scheme of "forums", debate and discussion are what take place? So far you should have answered yes to both of those questions. In that case you realize that well this is a forum, and open to anyone (who is paying for nc2) to discuss or voice their opinion on just about any game related topic. So don't hand me the "omg stop bitching already!!!!111!!!one" routine

Sorry that your Herc broke. Shoulda had it repaired. And hey you got lucky, genrepped to TH and theres a tl 115 poker already. Not all us are that lucky. My typical death goes: die, genrep straight to TH instead of apartment. no pokers, at all, or one (maybe two) that can't poke high than tl 60 usually. wait on si to go away while I offer large sums of cash in trade nc and trade doy for a high lvl poker. usually end up with no si and spending 20 minutes offering large sums of cash and begging for a poker.

Now you say "bitch less look harder". I am Anti City, on all my characters. Have you seen the "common" place of Anti City? It's deserted. 24/7. City Center has nothing but npc's and vendors. You occasionally see a stray LE runner there but thats it. Pro city has the various plaza's as an alternative to TH (though I'd venture a guess TH is the more populated for pokers and tradeskillers). So for us Anti's we have 2 options (assuming no friend or clanmate can poke); ask in Alliance/Faction channels which has a 30/70 shot of working (aganist you) or genrepping to TH and doing what I do typically, as mentioned.

Options? Please do not reply with the following:

1) "dont come to the forums and bitch more it wont help" - yes it can actually. sure the chances are slim but if enough people feel this is something wrong and its affecting ingame play which it is (wasting alot of time for a simple poke..) KK may

2) "well deal with it" - chances are this is a statement from a pro city player but could be anti city as well. as stated I think its a tad easier for pros to get pokes since you have more areas where people congregate, i see more anti's in TH needing pokes than I do pros. and this isn't something you just "deal" with. we're paying money to play this game, not to stand around hoping a runner will log their poker and come to TH to poke us even though we're offering large sums of money...

3) "dont like it, quit" - again no, you shouldnt have to quit cause of something so trivial that isn't the player bases's fault it's just a sympton of low numbers and the availability of runners which KK could rectifiy with a variety of solutions.

Any of those replies will just be met with an ignore cause frankly I don't need to waste more time arguing stupid shit from people who would rather flame people discussing a legitmate problem.

Dr Strange
04-03-05, 18:30
And another thing, "downtime" should be minimal at most. An hour is unacceptable. I'm sorry but any game where you pay money to play should not have over 10 minutes at most of "downtime". Look at FOMK, the whole 24 hours between perma deaths is outrageous.

You say it's like that in everygame. Sure some games have equally long or longer "downtime"'s but that still does not justify it. I mean can you honestly tell me that as a paying customer you fully 100% agree it is absolutely ok that just about every time you die it's fine to waste 1 hour on average or more looking for a poke? Take into account the average player works or still is in some form of schooling, he/she does not have an hour+ to waste during their free time they use to play the game simply looking for a poke.

If you can honestly tell me that is ok, and fine in everyway then hey you must really enjoy wasting your personal time and real life money.

Notorious Fish
04-03-05, 18:31
Didn't play nc1, never played on Saturn so that is irrelevant information to me.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is a forum? And in the general scheme of "forums", debate and discussion are what take place? So far you should have answered yes to both of those questions. In that case you realize that well this is a forum, and open to anyone (who is paying for nc2) to discuss or voice their opinion on just about any game related topic. So don't hand me the "omg stop bitching already!!!!111!!!one" routine

Sorry that your Herc broke. Shoulda had it repaired. And hey you got lucky, genrepped to TH and theres a tl 115 poker already. Not all us are that lucky. My typical death goes: die, genrep straight to TH instead of apartment. no pokers, at all, or one (maybe two) that can't poke high than tl 60 usually. wait on si to go away while I offer large sums of cash in trade nc and trade doy for a high lvl poker. usually end up with no si and spending 20 minutes offering large sums of cash and begging for a poker.

Now you say "bitch less look harder". I am Anti City, on all my characters. Have you seen the "common" place of Anti City? It's deserted. 24/7. City Center has nothing but npc's and vendors. You occasionally see a stray LE runner there but thats it. Pro city has the various plaza's as an alternative to TH (though I'd venture a guess TH is the more populated for pokers and tradeskillers). So for us Anti's we have 2 options (assuming no friend or clanmate can poke); ask in Alliance/Faction channels which has a 30/70 shot of working (aganist you) or genrepping to TH and doing what I do typically, as mentioned.

Options? Please do not reply with the following:

1) "dont come to the forums and bitch more it wont help" - yes it can actually. sure the chances are slim but if enough people feel this is something wrong and its affecting ingame play which it is (wasting alot of time for a simple poke..) KK may

2) "well deal with it" - chances are this is a statement from a pro city player but could be anti city as well. as stated I think its a tad easier for pros to get pokes since you have more areas where people congregate, i see more anti's in TH needing pokes than I do pros. and this isn't something you just "deal" with. we're paying money to play this game, not to stand around hoping a runner will log their poker and come to TH to poke us even though we're offering large sums of money...

3) "dont like it, quit" - again no, you shouldnt have to quit cause of something so trivial that isn't the player bases's fault it's just a sympton of low numbers and the availability of runners which KK could rectifiy with a variety of solutions.

Any of those replies will just be met with an ignore cause frankly I don't need to waste more time arguing stupid shit from people who would rather flame people discussing a legitmate problem.

IM FUCKING ANTI CITY TO AND I GET ALL THE POKES I NEED. What do you call looking for a fucking poke gr to th and saying OMG I NEED A POKE!!! waiting 5 mins and going fuck this and leaving. Most likely.

The above stated isnt even the point. The real point is EVERYONE in this game bitches. NO MATTER WHAT! No patch comes out they bitch. A patch comes out they bitch. They cant find pokes they bitch. They get GR Killed they bitch. They get double teamed in a fight they bitch. They get ripped off by a "tradeskiller" they bitch. They get allied PKed the bitch. They cant find a decent trade for their 5 slotted weapon they bitch. They get called names on trade they bitch. Someone wont drop a price on a 4 slotted Holy Shelter the bitch.

I hope you can see the pattern. I have given you enough info, SO YOU PLAYING NC1 or not has jack shit to do with it.

Cant find a poke on your tank log on your spy and level him then try again later. We have all faced EXACTLY the same things as you so why do you find necessary to come and say it needs to be changed. If you dont like it www.neocron.com Community/Account/Cancel Account. As for the "you shouldnt have to quit" If your paying for a magazine service PS2 Mag for instance, and the magazine turns to shit. Do you A) Cancel your subscribtion or B) write a long letter describing your feelings :)

Then go play another game, but Ill promise you youll find something you dont like. And Ill promise you that you will see almost ZERO bitch/whine posts on thier forums.
Thanks for putting up with my "bullshit"

Notorious Fish
04-03-05, 18:36
And another thing, "downtime" should be minimal at most. An hour is unacceptable. I'm sorry but any game where you pay money to play should not have over 10 minutes at most of "downtime". Look at FOMK, the whole 24 hours between perma deaths is outrageous.

You say it's like that in everygame. Sure some games have equally long or longer "downtime"'s but that still does not justify it. I mean can you honestly tell me that as a paying customer you fully 100% agree it is absolutely ok that just about every time you die it's fine to waste 1 hour on average or more looking for a poke? Take into account the average player works or still is in some form of schooling, he/she does not have an hour+ to waste during their free time they use to play the game simply looking for a poke.

If you can honestly tell me that is ok, and fine in everyway then hey you must really enjoy wasting your personal time and real life money.

Yes I can say it is 100% ok. BECAUSE IT HAS BECOME A STANDARD in MMORPGS. The only one i can think of with no down time is Planetside.

Ill give you a list of games i have played and the down time

1) Ultima Online. If you run out of an item would ahve to run back to a town to get more(if your a warrior) the run back to level again. The world was huge so it could easily take 30 minutes.

2) DAoC. Rez sickness everytime you die. Plus running from town to town to get items that only certain towns sell. East hour to find what you are looking for if you dont know where it is.

3)FoM you have already stated.

4)Anarchy Online, if you dont know exactly where your goin, your fooked youll never find it the world is too large. I have been lost for over 2 hours before.

I cant think of anymore atm If I do i will update.

Dr Strange
04-03-05, 18:41
IM FUCKING ANTI CITY TO AND I GET ALL THE POKES I NEED. What do you call looking for a fucking poke gr to th and saying OMG I NEED A POKE!!! waiting 5 mins and going fuck this and leaving. Most likely.

The above stated isnt even the point. The real point is EVERYONE in this game bitches. NO MATTER WHAT! No patch comes out they bitch. A patch comes out they bitch. They cant find pokes they bitch. They get GR Killed they bitch. They get double teamed in a fight they bitch. They get ripped off by a "tradeskiller" they bitch. They get allied PKed the bitch. They cant find a decent trade for their 5 slotted weapon they bitch. They get called names on trade they bitch. Someone wont drop a price on a 4 slotted Holy Shelter the bitch.

I hope you can see the pattern. I have given you enough info, SO YOU PLAYING NC1 or not has jack shit to do with it.

Cant find a poke on your tank log on your spy and level him then try again later. We have all faced EXACTLY the same things as you so why do you find necessary to come and say it needs to be changed. If you dont like it www.neocron.com Community/Account/Cancel Account.

Then go play another game, but Ill promise you youll find something you dont like. And Ill promise you that you will see almost ZERO bitch/whine posts on thier forums.
Thanks for putting up with my "bullshit"

Typical response of a forum troll. I admit my discussions may seem negative but they are that exactly, a discussion. It is a forum, open to discussion and airing of opinions within forum rules. You classify the most of it as "bitching" well guess what, it's within the forum guidelines. Until Nidhogg or another forum mod says other wise people will continue to discuss, have polls and express their opinions and there's nothing you yourself can't do about it.

Can you imagine if people applied your philosophies to real life? Youd' have people quitting EVERYTHING they do. The difference? In normal, polite, and comprehensive way of things if enough people dislike the way something is done usually they find ways of changing it, or at least voicing thei opinions so that others who may feel similar can also agree or disagree whichever the case.

Notorious Fish
04-03-05, 18:42
Typical response of a forum troll. I admit my discussions may seem negative but they are that exactly, a discussion. It is a forum, open to discussion and airing of opinions within forum rules. You classify the most of it as "bitching" well guess what, it's within the forum guidelines. Until Nidhogg or another forum mod says other wise people will continue to discuss, have polls and express their opinions and there's nothing you yourself can't do about it.

Can you imagine if people applied your philosophies to real life? Youd' have people quitting EVERYTHING they do. The difference? In normal, polite, and comprehensive way of things if enough people dislike the way something is done usually they find ways of changing it, or at least voicing thei opinions so that others who may feel similar can also agree or disagree whichever the case.

Besides dude I have given you examples and agruments all you have said is THIS NEEDS TO CHANCE and I CAN DO WHAT I WANT WITH IN GUIDLINES and ITS TYPICAL FOR ME TO SAY THIS BECAUSE IM A TROLL man if you have experince or examples to contradict me please share

How many things in Real life do you do that you dont like, AND pay to do it?

Dr Strange
04-03-05, 21:33
How many things in Real life do you do that you dont like, AND pay to do it?

Well I was never much of a student so even though I graduated college I really did not like it. And paid for it. Taking the S.A.T's in America there's another, didn't like doing it (hated it actually) and had to pay to take them.

Driving, I really don't like cars that much other than just transportation. I'm not a fan of driving, I don't feel safe in an car and it costs a ridiculous amount of cash to pay for gas (in America at least).

Jury duty. Done that once. Technically they pay you, but the $12 you made in one day is akin to what I am skilled to make in 1 hour, so in retrospect I payed them for my time I did not want to give up to do something I didn't want to do.

I can do on if you like. There are plenty of things people do they don't want to and pay for them. However a game that you pay for, shouldn't have obvious flaws such as this since it is a form of entertainment and as such should not be subseptable (spelling?) to how it's viewed compared to having to deal with the above listed things that you really cant control.

Tostino
04-03-05, 21:41
Right now there is a shortage, but when the int release is out I hope we will be seeing bigger server pop and then we will have more pokers then we need.

zii
05-03-05, 04:22
Auto Poker All The Way!

Implant drop has always been there. It is part of the game.

If you want a poke lom to a Poker, else find someone else. Tis harsh, but this is part of the game. Death has a penalty. Simple.

ROZZER187
05-03-05, 13:41
all i gotta say is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thought i had seen the last of this thread, imp drop has been around as long as i can remember, keep it that way.

going to an outpost with a no imp drop, yeah sounds like fun :rolleyes:

Tolots
05-03-05, 13:55
Hmm lets see what we have for Items who Push Implanting

Spy Buff gives up to 16 Implant
Nightspider gives 16 Implant
Imper Glove gives 15 Implant (not for Gen Tanks)
Special Sience gives 5 and Mc5 Counterpart gives 5 too but this 2 Chips dont make sense on any Char and they can also drop out.

If you not a Ppu you just need to Skill you Implant 49 and use Spy Buff 1 Nightspider and Glove to poke up to Tl 84

A ppu just need to Skill 38 on Implant

So where is the Problem ?

Jesterthegreat
05-03-05, 23:08
spec some implant...

make friends...

i know many pokers. if i need a poke i ask a mate to log one or go to TH.

and i rerely have more than 3 pop at once.

:edit: this wasnt a "brag" post...

it was a stfu and stopwhine post. :p