PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like a bag of crap

Robotnix
20-02-05, 01:32
Ok strange thread title, i know. I have been lving up a pilot spy for the past day or so and have been driving around the wastelands. Anyway, what i want to know is - Why does the speedbike sound like an old clapped out diesel van! I know it's the same sound effects from nc1, so yeah i have noticed it before, but it got me thinking just why kk choose such a sound effect for such a cool looking modern high tech super bike :lol:

The crappy sound effect takes the edge of it imo.
Btw my NEXT pilot spy is capt john picard and he will be offering a transport service to anyone who needs to get about the wastelands in a hurry, or for new chars that need to go on a tagging mission (as soon as i get my doy transporter ship) :D

Dr Strange
20-02-05, 01:54
Ok strange thread title, i know. I have been lving up a pilot spy for the past day or so and have been driving around the wastelands. Anyway, what i want to know is - Why does the speedbike sound like an old clapped out diesel van! I know it's the same sound effects from nc1, so yeah i have noticed it before, but it got me thinking just why kk choose such a sound effect for such a cool looking modern high tech super bike :lol:

The crappy sound effect takes the edge of it imo.
Btw my NEXT pilot spy is capt john picard and he will be offering a transport service to anyone who needs to get about the wastelands in a hurry, or for new chars that need to go on a tagging mission (as soon as i get my doy transporter ship) :D

did you name him after Captain Jean Luc Picard? if so its Jean Luc not John. If not disregard this.

;)

john irons
21-02-05, 21:09
jean is french for john i think

john and jack are also the same for some reason.

ot.
anyone got a lowtech rifle that needs 86rc or less i can have on terra? :D

Clive tombstone
21-02-05, 21:47
heh, I know, personally I wantd the Vehicles to sound more punk, not junk heh. the speed bike would be sick if It had a Yamaha or harly sound effect to it.

Lexxuk
22-02-05, 00:52
jean is french for john i think

john and jack are also the same for some reason.

ot.
anyone got a lowtech rifle that needs 86rc or less i can have on terra? :D

Aye, my grandad was John but they called him Jack, weird people O_o btw, your sig is spelt wrong :p :lol: :lol:

Skusty
22-02-05, 19:03
Pilot that drives bike? o_O

Zero Count
22-02-05, 20:55
Pilot that drives bike? o_O

My guess would be he has skilled Vehicle, but not yet to the point of being able to fly which would appear to be his final goal.

Anyways, I guess it's ok for pilots to drive ground based as well, but if he turns up for your trip with a bike at about 10% health be afraid......be very afraid :D

Monolithic
22-02-05, 23:13
I briefly worked as a mechanic. In another area they worked on racing bike engines. They got some new components in one day and wanted to test something out, so they built a one-off prototype. Apparently crap for racing - just built purely to test these components in extreme conditions.
To save money renting track-time they did something very naughty. They took the prototype out onto the main roads.
I heard later that the guy driving it got stopped at some lights. He had to rev this thing like crazy to stop it from stalling. There was a guy in a car stopped next to him. His eyes nearly bugged outta his head as the bike revved up ... and up and up and up. I can't remember the revs it ran at, but it was something ridiculous.
The engine later got dismantled and rebuilt to run at slightly more normal revs.

Anyways, that's the sound they should have for the hoverbikes. It sounded like a fox screaming into a megaphone with electronic distortion.

Robotnix
22-02-05, 23:51
Skusty what is so hard to understand about a pilot driving a bike? :rolleyes:

You never saw top gun? :D

Skusty
23-02-05, 18:53
but...but...hes a PILOT!!! Hes not a Biking punk, He is ment to fly over the Clouds and be shot down by Antiair guns and have a funeral where no one comes....

[Edit] yes i seen TopGun....but thats a movie this is a game :p

ROZZER187
23-02-05, 19:07
but...but...hes a PILOT!!! Hes not a Biking punk, He is ment to fly over the Clouds and be shot down by Antiair guns and have a funeral where no one comes....

[Edit] yes i seen TopGun....but thats a movie this is a game :p

so is gta san andreas :D

Skusty
23-02-05, 20:21
so is gta san andreas :D
aha, im not alone to have GTASA :p

xavulos
23-02-05, 20:24
aha, im not alone to have GTASA

u sure ain't :D

Skusty
24-02-05, 20:25