PDA

View Full Version : Patch 128/129 Notes

Thanatos
18-02-05, 17:24
All servers are back online.

Fixes
- Fixed broken Hacknet model animations.
- Fixed some minor bugs in the new BlackDragon Epic reward apartment.
- Fixed not properly functioning Black Dragon Epic reward NPC. The BlackDragon Storage Boss is now handing out the apartment key if you have finished the Black Dragon Epic. Currently no one outside the BlackDragon faction is able to receive such a key. We are working on a fix for this problem.
- Fixed a broken NPC in the Hacknet.
- Removed the Ionic Shotgun weapon's ammo from the traders.
- Fixed an issue with the Juggernaut mission. However, there is still another problem, the mission status does not mention that, in addition to the parts, you need to kill 5 Warbot LX-15 to complete it.

Balancing
- Reworked Pistol Skill again to reflect the intended "low weaponlore" requirement, as a result WEP's value has been reduced & the others increased further to take up the slack. Aim has also been heavily increased again, as a result if should cap well before the other areas.
- Reworked Aim cap on Rifles, it should require less skill to cap Aim now.
- Added 3 new Hacknet Softwares. 2 Attack and 1 Heal. The TL3 "HEW Attack Software v0.01", TL3 "Cryton Regeneration Software v0.05" & TL12 "HEW Attack Software v0.05".
- Removed all flying mobs from the Beginner MC5 temporarily .
- The PPU Antidote, Anti-Damage Boost & Anti-Shock are now useable in safezones.

Gameworld
- Increased the Newbie MC5 Boss mob spawn occurance slightly.

Misc.
- Spy & PE Hacker templates now start with the two TL3 Hacknet software & an extra stamina booster in stead of the 9mm Pistol & 2 clips of ammo. The template skills have been adjusted to reflect the inventory change as well.

Patch 129:
- synch Problem of #128 resolved
- HEW Attack Software v0.2 and v0.3 reactivated

-=Dredduk=-
18-02-05, 17:27
woot :P

English?

ohh something about weaponlore changes?

SnAkE_BE
and now in english plz

NeoDriver
in english please??

Morpheous
German?!

Google Translate:

All servers will be starting from 16.30 for approximately one hour off-lines. Fixed - animations of the Hacknet Model repairs. - some smaller of nose in the new Black Dragon Epic apartment repairs. - the Black Dragon Epic Reward is handed out now by the Black Dragon STORAGE Boss at players, who terminated the Epic run. However one must be in addition member of the Black Dragon parliamentary group. We work on a solution of this problem. - repairs broken NPC in the Hacknet. - ammunition for the Ionic Shotgun with the dealers removes. Balancing - which became pistols Skill revised. Weaponlore has now less influence on the values of the pistols, the other relevant Skills has for it more influence. Aiming was also facilitated, for goals should reach the maximum value by far faster than other values. - goals with rifles revised of reaching it now less Skill necessarily around the maximum value. - three new Hacknet Softwares added: TL3 "HEW Attack software v0.01", TL3 "Cryton regeneration software v0.05" & TL12 "HEW Attack software v0.05". - all flying opponents were removed from the Beginner AREA MC5 (temporarly). - the PPU Spells of antidotes, anti- Damage Boost & anti-squat can in Safezones be gecastet now. Play world - Spawnchance of the new Bosses in the Beginner AREA MC5 easily increases. Different - new provides Spy & PE hacker of characters now begins with the two TL3 Hacknet Softwares and an additional Stamina booster in place of the 9mm pistol & ammunition. Their Anfangsskills was adapted to these changes.

Eckhart
18-02-05, 17:28
English would be appreciated ;) :lol:

SnAkE_BE
18-02-05, 17:29
what ? O_o

jini
ab english bitte

MkVenner
what ? O_o
where?

Hot-Salsa
18-02-05, 17:30
lol i think Thanatos was in a hurry :o

Selendor
18-02-05, 17:30
Now this kind of patch frequency is more like it ;)

Edit - Ah the Queens English. Spiffing.

Edit - "The PPU Antidote, Anti-Damage Boost & Anti-Shock are now useable in safezones." - Doesn't this just encourage Zonewhoring? Or was it broken with the last patch?

SnAkE_BE
18-02-05, 17:31
where?

..who?

netster
omg :D .... i'll try a new droner + hn spy ;D

<3 the patchnotes

-=Dredduk=-
Crossbow mission fixed then?

[PiN]Fluffy
18-02-05, 17:33
All servers will be down for about an hour from 4.30 PM CET (GMT+1) on.

Fixes
- Fixed broken Hacknet model animations.
- Fixed some minor bugs in the new BlackDragon Epic reward apartment.
- Fixed not properly functioning Black Dragon Epic reward NPC. The BlackDragon Storage Boss is now handing out the apartment key if you have finished the Black Dragon Epic. Currently no one outside the BlackDragon faction is able to receive such a key. We are working on a fix for this problem.
- Fixed a broken NPC in the Hacknet.
- Removed the Ionic Shotgun weapon's ammo from the traders.
- Fixed an issue with the Juggernaut mission. However, there is still another problem, the mission status does not mention that, in addition to the parts, you need to kill 5 Warbot LX-15 to complete it.

Balancing
- Reworked Pistol Skill again to reflect the intended "low weaponlore" requirement, as a result WEP's value has been reduced & the others increased further to take up the slack. Aim has also been heavily increased again, as a result if should cap well before the other areas.
- Added 3 new Hacknet Softwares. 2 Attack and 1 Heal. The TL3 "HEW Attack Software v0.01", TL3 "Cryton Regeneration Software v0.05" & TL12 "HEW Attack Software v0.05".
- Removed all flying mobs from the Beginner MC5 temporarily .
- The PPU Antidote, Anti-Damage Boost & Anti-Shock are now useable in safezones.

Gameworld

Misc.
- Spy & PE Hacker templates now start with the two TL3 Hacknet software & an extra stamina booster in stead of the 9mm Pistol & 2 clips of ammo. The template skills have been adjusted to reflect the inventory change as well.

DOes this mean We can get Crossbows we just have to kill the Warbots and it doesnt tell us to????? Is it Possible to get it yet??????

xavulos
18-02-05, 17:33
O_O :rolleyes:

sultana
18-02-05, 17:35
Wasn't the idea of lowbie hacknet software to let the new player fresh out of mc5 be able to use an mc5 hacknet area to level? By the time you reach intel 12 using your fists, you may aswell be out of there.

SnAkE_BE
18-02-05, 17:39
Gameworld

what is that the noob mc5 boss?

[TgR]KILLER
18-02-05, 17:39
Wasn't the idea of lowbie hacknet software to let the new player fresh out of mc5 be able to use an mc5 hacknet area to level? By the time you reach intel 12 using your fists, you may aswell be out of there.

i think you read over the TL3 attack software ;)

btw this patch is better then yesterdays :P yesterdays din't do much for me.. but rifles reworked.. lets see how this affects killer then.. last time when wep was reworked i lommed 2 wep to psu. and still loads to spare lol.. but thats being pure combat ;) imho with these 2 changes ( wep / aiming ) i could go TL 125 hack again :p )

sultana
18-02-05, 17:41
KILLER']i think you read over the TL3 attack software ;)

btw this patch is better then yesterdays :P yesterdays din't do much for me.. but rifles reworked.. lets see how this affects killer then.. last time when wep was reworked i lommed 2 wep to psu. and still loads to spare lol.. but thats being pure combat ;) imho with these 2 changes ( wep / aiming ) i could go TL 125 hack again :p )
I read it as tl 3 stuff being regen and defense, and the 12 being attack 8|

My bad :rolleyes:

Ascension
18-02-05, 17:43
OMG, finally :D I was just thinking about this last night :)

Tratos
18-02-05, 17:45
Nice to see another patch so soon with more stuff than just a hotfix :)

Skusty
18-02-05, 17:46
Pwnage

Ascension
18-02-05, 17:47
Nice to see another patch so soon with more stuff than just a hotfix :)
agreed, I just cant wait till they fix the Rokkwear! Its such a minor thing, but so annoying to be waring the same clone style clothing as every other 'non new' player :o

who??
what??

SorkZmok
18-02-05, 17:53
Sounds amazing. Finally i can lom out some wep again. After i lommed loads of points into it. Not to mention i gotta level again so i wont loose int levels.

Still an amazing patch. :)

xavulos
18-02-05, 18:06
kool 2 patches in 2 days O_o ;)

CMaster
18-02-05, 18:08
Any chancve that the currently overpowered 10/10 hacknet mobs will be made killable with the TL3 softs?

Capt. Rik
18-02-05, 18:16
what is that the noob mc5 boss?

look at the previous patch notes ;)

Heavyporker
18-02-05, 18:23
interesting patch. I want back ingame now, though.

Tostino
18-02-05, 18:39
Can't wait to test it out :p.

[TgR]KILLER
18-02-05, 18:44
as i hear on irc atm pistols are mayjorly fucked up.. my PE still has the same combat rank and still caps his PE fully so rifles din't get changed to much..

but on irc it goes that you can now cap a exe with 3 wep and 176 pc ( or something to that effect ) and get a combat rank of 76 aswell lol :)

edit

let me add to that the bloody right click bug is back and worse then ever.. i din't have a right click bug in ages but now every time i login with any char i gotta relog because the damn right click bug.

Dribble Joy
18-02-05, 18:48
That was base 3 WEP, around 60 total.

Even so, fully capping an Exec with 185 pc, 60 wep, and being able to have 175 base hack, and 100 tc is a bit AND god knows how much barter, is a bit insane.

Why don't they just put things back to the way they were?

It wasn't broken, I didn't agree with the basis behind it's change anyway.

nobby
18-02-05, 18:53
I created a hacker and I still have the bloody Lazza gun!

where's my software?

SnowCrash
18-02-05, 19:00
agreed, I just cant wait till they fix the Rokkwear! Its such a minor thing, but so annoying to be waring the same clone style clothing as every other 'non new' player :o

what??

If the Outfitter would be such a minor thing to fix it would be already ingame. ;)

nobby
18-02-05, 19:01
snowy, what happened to the char hacker starter!

u change pistol combat to t-c in the stats still i start with the pistol!

Tostino
18-02-05, 19:02
I just wish they would make it so you can cap slasher/exe with 120/130 WEP and 180/185 PC

[TgR]KILLER
18-02-05, 19:03
[18:04:04] <[TgR]KIL|nc2> stockx doesn't work ;)

[18:04:11] <[TgR]KIL|nc2> just fre'd 2 times trying to access it lol

can get to stockx but trying to access a stock just gets a fre :(

TWOK
18-02-05, 19:11
Ah please no shush!
Getting pissed with constant changes to pistols!
/stops lomming

nobby
18-02-05, 19:22
ARRRGHHH!

for christ sake!

bloody patches cause nothing but bugs!

mine and my clan leaders' attack softwares have disppeared.... :(

Hope the GM won't say "RAR RAR BUY IT AGAIN RAR RAR"

Terkantia
18-02-05, 19:30
I'm fataling FAR more than normal. 3 times in 20 minutes. They all happen at the same time. When I'm moving items around in inventory, while the gogu is open.

EDIT: fataled again, trading. Gogu not open.

Ascension
18-02-05, 19:31
If the Outfitter would be such a minor thing to fix it would be already ingame. ;)
Nooo, its such a minor thing to the gameplay factor ;) I didnt say its in a minor state of disrepair :) I can remember Iorghe mentioning issues with it not working in DX 7 but working in DX 9 :)

CMaster
18-02-05, 19:32
Erm, slight bug.
The TL12 HN software has the same reqs as the TL3 Stuff - and does 2 less damage.

BradSTL
18-02-05, 19:38
Hacker creation problems:

1) As already mentioned, still starts with the Lazar Gun and ammo, no TL3 Hacknet software.

2) By default, all DEX points were moved out of P-C to AGL and T-C, all well and good. But under INT, major points were still left in WEP.

3) The Hacknet interface terminal in the MC5 control room doesn't work. Right clicking it produces the error message "The destination you selected is invalid." Attempting to hack it with a hacktool produces the "swoop" sound of a hacknet tool being fired at nothing, or at an unhackable object.

Other MC5 problems:

4) All flying mobs that were there when the server went down were still there. I cleared a ton of them out of Terra's MC5. The respawn rate is so slow in MC5 that I'm not 100% sure, but I think that I saw a Critter Chaser and a flock of Mosquitos respawn in an area that I'd already cleared of all mobs.

5) The MC5 traders moved about 15 feet, but they're still the old, wrong trader scripts.

6) A general complaint about the area: the maximum number of mobs per area is way, way too high, and the respawn rate is way, way too low. When you first enter an area that hasn't been hunted in a while, there may be anywhere up to around 50 mobs right around you, so many that it's almost impossible to aim at just one. But once you clear those 50 mobs, you can wait about 15 minutes and maybe 2 or 3 will respawn. I think this must be an error.

[TgR]KILLER
18-02-05, 20:07
ohh and the syncing is fucked on terra.. sometimes it takes ages to sync or you just start syncing in the middle of a zone talking to people :/

nobby
18-02-05, 20:09
Attack software has disappeared from characters, defense and regen still on.

Farril
18-02-05, 20:30
Regarding the Hacknet Attack Software:

There is currently a problem with the displaying HEW Attack Software v0.2 and 0.3. The Items still remain where they have been, but the client is atm not able to show the item nor use it.

All information needed to fix that issue has been given to the corresponding developer.

Tratos
18-02-05, 20:32
Regarding the Hacknet Attack Software:

There is currently a problem with the displaying HEW Attack Software v0.2 and 0.3. The Items still remain where they have been, but the client is atm not able to show the item nor use it.

All information needed to fix that issue has been given to the corresponding developer.
Thanks for the info Farril :)

-This Aint Aimed at you, i aint shooting the messenger- :)

This information and well some of the problems brought about by this post really do make the question arise...how did these errors get into the game if they are infact tested by the Development team?

Bring on the TS i say.

Tostino
18-02-05, 20:34
Yeah we need the test server back up so shit like this doesnt happen any more. Thanks for the info though.

Dribble Joy
18-02-05, 20:39
In theory we don't really need the TS.

KK has it's own internal test server.
What confuses me is how it and retail manage to be so different that stuff like this presumably slips through.
Surely problems of this magnitude (item based, stats etc.) should be at least discovered.

Like the pistol and weapon skill changes?
How does this get to retail? And why does everything change so much? Does KK have that little control over the basic item values? Is it not just a value in a box somewhere?

SnAkE_BE
18-02-05, 21:03
look at the previous patch notes ;)

yeah sure that tells me much about the boss thing

Tratos
18-02-05, 21:06
yeah sure that tells me much about the boss thing

- Added Reaper Galopticus spawn to Beginners MC5 as a Boss type Mob. Combat effectiveness has been reduced on this variant, and should ignore the player unless attacked.
- Added a new boss mob to Newbie AreaMC5

Yeah it does actualy.

Reaper As in Doomreaper btw.

SnAkE_BE
18-02-05, 21:09
lol just didnt want to look back to the patchnote :lol:

Capt. Rik
18-02-05, 21:51
lol just didnt want to look back to the patchnote :lol:
:rolleyes:

i'll forgive you this time :p

Zheo
18-02-05, 22:21
All servers are back online.

Fixes
- Added 3 new Hacknet Softwares. 2 Attack and 1 Heal. The TL3 "HEW

mmmm reworked aim on rifles sounds like drooling goodness to me :) muhhaha

Bozz-Von Mel
18-02-05, 22:47

We ARE the test server. Besides, we need the population on the regular servers and dont need all you running off to the TS. :D

Farril
18-02-05, 23:35
As to collect the patchnotes from other threads (i.e. out of announcement)here:

Patch 129:
- synch Problem of #128 resolved
- HEW Attack Software v0.2 and v0.3 reactivated

Dirus
19-02-05, 00:09

KK has it's own internal test server.
What confuses me is how it and retail manage to be so different that stuff like this presumably slips through.
Surely problems of this magnitude (item based, stats etc.) should be at least discovered.

Like the pistol and weapon skill changes?
How does this get to retail? And why does everything change so much? Does KK have that little control over the basic item values? Is it not just a value in a box somewhere?The guys at the office aren't adjusting those.. I am. The issues with Pistols is there was a couple stats on the higher level weapons that could not be capped(Freq & Range), not even by a GM. When it was done the first time around it made WEP play a larger role. However that conflicted with what was said about pistols being weapons that wouldnt require alot of WEP and therefore ideal for tradeskillers. This little rule I have an issue with as it downgrades any advantages rifles have, however I set it back so that WEP was not as much of a requirement as per KK's statement on the pistols.

The reason for Pistol's being capped so easy currently is that I'm trying to work out the best Percentage of the max points that can be aquired in the Pistol reliant skills that allows Pistol users some free points to put into other things(A slight weakening of the you must put every available point in this skill specialization push). Also with Pistol I was attemping to make them an easier to use alternative to Rifles for the PE's, hence why their easier to cap, since they're mostly based off what a PE can obtain skill wise.

Or in an easier to understand format.. theoretically lets say a PE can Reach 105DEX, 195PC & 177WEP if they use only imps that give them as much towards those 3 as possible and that I was aiming for a PE's top weapon as the Judge. What I was trying to do was set the actual cap point of the Judge at around 90% or so of what a PE can obtain, giving them the option of pushing the skills further in an attempt to reach even higher, or take those other points and put them towards other skills if they wish. 90% seems way too low tho, and in the future it will most likely be be upped to closer to 95%.

One of the main problems with Pistol's and the "Low WEP req" is with the spies. Making it so Pistol don't require as much WEP as rifles makes them perfect for tradeskillers since they basically only have to spec maybe 5 or so levels of their 100 INT towards WEP and live off implants for the rest. With Pistols currently doing basically the same damage as a rifle at the same TL, comes my issue with that whole "low WEP for tradeskillers" thing. So while you may have issues with the changes, I have issues with the old system.

We're basically at a cross-road here, if Pistols are to use low WEP, then something has to be done about their effectiveness. Otherwise the Low WEP is not fair and is totally unbalanced in my eyes towards the other weapon users. That said, the current iteration of the system does not provide the situation needed in the stance of balance,this patch proves that and as such will change in the future. First however I need to discuss the whole issue with the office, till then it's set as they wanted it.

nobby
19-02-05, 00:12
what is this Hacknet NPC that got fixed?

enigma_b17
19-02-05, 00:44
"Misc.
- Spy & PE Hacker templates now start with the two TL3 Hacknet software & an extra stamina booster in stead of the 9mm Pistol & 2 clips of ammo. The template skills have been adjusted to reflect the inventory change as well."

this hasnt, just created a spy hacker template and started off with the pistol, ammo and stams

[TgR]KILLER
19-02-05, 00:58
yea lemme rant on.. just tried to op war but kinda hard when your syncs taking ages and you crash at the end of a long sync.. ofcourse logging in dead..

or more funny.. logging your ppu to get her out of the UG before they hack the op.. and then find your self in the UG not being able to use right click.. so can't gr can't zone up.. so you relog.. just to late OP fell PPU dead. great really..

fix the syncs / right click bugs. din't have the right click bugs since i got back now i get them after every relog.. bloody anoying..

and please bring back no implant drop untill you fixed that cause i'm only dieing to bloody bugs here and its p*ss*ng me off.

nobby
19-02-05, 01:00
HACKNET DUNGEONS ARE NOW fIXED!
YYYAAAYYY!

Ninjano2002uk
19-02-05, 01:05
KILLER']yea lemme rant on.. just tried to op war but kinda hard when your syncs taking ages and you crash at the end of a long sync.. ofcourse logging in dead..

or more funny.. logging your ppu to get her out of the UG before they hack the op.. and then find your self in the UG not being able to use right click.. so can't gr can't zone up.. so you relog.. just to late OP fell PPU dead. great really..

fix the syncs / right click bugs. din't have the right click bugs since i got back now i get them after every relog.. bloody anoying..

and please bring back no implant drop untill you fixed that cause i'm only dieing to bloody bugs here and its p*ss*ng me off.

yes the Right click bug is FU C*ING annoying!! I had to change my mouse button2 with any other key,, then back again in config.. then load my char everytime i want to play just to fix that right click problem... get it sorted.. its worse then syns!!

BradSTL
19-02-05, 01:10
We're basically at a cross-road here, if Pistols are to use low WEP, then something has to be done about their effectiveness. Otherwise the Low WEP is not fair and is totally unbalanced in my eyes towards the other weapon users.Um, you mean other than the fact that pistols have half the range that a rifle does? That's a pretty hefty disadvantage by itself.

In PvE, that tiny range means that the most higher level mobs are way off limits to pistol spies, because there's no way a spy can have enough resists, armor, and hit points to survive more than one or two hits without his own dedicated capped PPU. A rifle spy kills the same mobs easily from outside their attack range.

In PvP, I don't care if the pistol does the same damage as a rifle, or even more damage. If I cut your legs out from under you with a Silent Hunter or a Healing Light, you'll be half dead before you get within pistol range of me, even if I don't move at all.

[TgR]KILLER
19-02-05, 01:15
In PvP, I don't care if the pistol does the same damage as a rifle, or even more damage. If I cut your legs out from under you with a Silent Hunter or a Healing Light, you'll be half dead before you get within pistol range of me, even if I don't move at all.

your talking pc vs rc spy there and in the open area.. pistol spy pking in doy / nc or wherever is damn effective.. comming out of stealth behind you empty a slasher and your gone. but this is going offtopic :x

Njall
19-02-05, 01:23
Well.. Don't forget there is still some people playing PE :D We don't have 100 lvls of Int to raise our weapon lore.

retr0n
19-02-05, 01:27
Well.. Don't forget there is still some people playing PE :D We don't have 100 lvls of Int to raise our weapon lore.

PE's have enough. A PE shouldnt be able to cap the high lvl tc pistols & rifles.
In order to get close a PE should wear all gimp chips (no moveon&resistor) to
boost the wep & p-c/r-c.

Anyway, nice to see KK are back... :rolleyes:

:angel:

SorkZmok
19-02-05, 02:02
Hackers do not get any software after creation, they get a pistol and 2 clips of ammo.
Anyway, why put in lowlevel software when every hacknet mob ********** a noob before synching in properly?
Stupid.

Dribble Joy
19-02-05, 04:14
What I meant was why when you change whatever you are changing (by KK I meant you), why does it do so in such a random manner?

You say that you adjust everything (last time round), so that rifle aiming is a bit easier (iirc) and dmg too. So that pistol dmg is affected by wep more and that freq is affected by wep.

All with the aim of, as you gave as an example; To full cap a judge:
176 PC, 145 WEP at around 100 dex.
The rest of the skills for both rfiles and pistols are to remain unchanged.

You plugged those numbers in, changed the formulas, whatever, but look what happens?

Freq is easily cappable (I have 106 wep, 172 PC and 104 dex), barely can we cap damage, and aiming is shafted.
Rifles are borked too. Rifle frequency, not intended to be changed (iirc), is now as easy as pistols. Many people with low pc/wep suddenly find themselves capping their weapons without lomming.

This isn't an attack on you, I'm just confused.

That said, I still believe that the combat effectiveness of weapons should be tied to their sphere of influence and the skilling required. Also, that they, at close range, should be of equal power.
Ie. I don't not believe that with equal skilling a pistol should be more powerful than a rifle, but lack the rifle's range.
The two should be of equal power, but the range/sphere of influence of the different weapon systems should be represented by the requisite skilling.
You could argue that a pistoler could have the same power (Ie. keep the same rof as he used to have), as a rifler and not spec all int into WEP, and thus gain skills in other areas, but people WILL NOT DO THIS.
I could loose a few rpm of freq and 5% of dmg, and drive a hovertech, would make my PE's life a fuck load easier. But I don't I won't, because I want those extra few rpm and 5% dmg. Give people the capacity to extend their char's capability and they will take it.

Also, PE's will allways use the highest tl weapon they can, without a distinct TL gap, not just a spreading upwards of the weapon TLs, they will continue to do what they have been doing for the last 8 months or so.

Njall
19-02-05, 11:54
A PE shouldnt be able to cap the high lvl tc pistols & rifles.
In order to get close a PE should wear all gimp chips (no moveon&resistor) to
boost the wep & p-c/r-c.
/agree.
I was juste saying a PE should be able to cap a Liberator without having to take Blue Fairy to raise his weapon lore ;) (unless you think Liberator is a high lvl tc pistol ? :p )
(anyway, I don't care : I already play with 6 drugs, I can add Blue Fairy on the list :D )

Dirus
19-02-05, 22:51
Um, you mean other than the fact that pistols have half the range that a rifle does? That's a pretty hefty disadvantage by itself.

In PvE, that tiny range means that the most higher level mobs are way off limits to pistol spies, because there's no way a spy can have enough resists, armor, and hit points to survive more than one or two hits without his own dedicated capped PPU. A rifle spy kills the same mobs easily from outside their attack range.
If only that was completely true. Fact is, my pistol spy with a Ryker Napalm can outrange a Warbot Titan. Only thing that has a longer range is the Spiderbots.

Pistol's currently can not be set to have a much shorter range incomparision to rifles. This is due to the aiming speed being tied into the range. A short Range = slow aiming. Think Wyatt Earp of old.

Dribble Joy
19-02-05, 23:23
Would it not be an idea to try to untie it?

Might need a bit of coding.. but surely it can be done?

Though frankly I have no idea about the nature of the code :p.

CMaster
19-02-05, 23:46
HACKNET DUNGEONS ARE NOW fIXED!
YYYAAAYYY!

I thought so. I cleaned out a low sec.
Then a mid sec.
However, when I go back to the mid sec I cleaned, I take 150 damage/shot from the 20/20s...

jernau
19-02-05, 23:54
I thought so. I cleaned out a low sec.
Then a mid sec.
However, when I go back to the mid sec I cleaned, I take 150 damage/shot from the 20/20s...
I'm willing to bet HN can't be balanced until imps and armour work in there.

Obsidian X
20-02-05, 00:15
I'm willing to bet HN can't be balanced until imps and armour work in there.

I'm pretty sure KK said they won't be allowing imps to work in Hacknet, I'll see if I can dig out the thread it was stated in.

jernau
20-02-05, 00:16
I'm pretty sure KK said they won't be allowing imps to work in Hacknet, I'll see if I can dig out the thread it was stated in.
You may be right (though I don't think they were that certain tbh) but it doesn't change my point ;).

zii
20-02-05, 04:17
"Fixed not properly functioning Black Dragon Epic reward NPC. The BlackDragon Storage Boss is now handing out the apartment key if you"

"Fixed improperly functioning ..."

You can see that I have too much time on my hands.

Ascension
20-02-05, 04:20
"Fixed not properly functioning Black Dragon Epic reward NPC. The BlackDragon Storage Boss is now handing out the apartment key if you"

"Fixed improperly functioning ..."

You can see that I have too much time on my hands.
grammar police.. :p

Fafhrd
20-02-05, 16:42
Anti-Poison, Anti-Shock and Anti-Dmgboost now working in safezones

I don't see the sense in that. Poison Stacks are removed when you zone (imho), and you could just wait for the shock and boost to go away. Why has this been introduced; anyone wanna clear this up for me?

Mighty Max
20-02-05, 16:48
Uhm changing that changes some more things:
- NPCs might react different with a weapon (as they where marked aggressive before) or a heal in your hands
- You can help other LE ppl if yourself are LEd. Which is not possible if it is marked as aggressive
- They are indeed not aggressive

So ... its the logical choice ...

sultana
21-02-05, 10:56
I don't see the sense in that. Poison Stacks are removed when you zone (imho), and you could just wait for the shock and boost to go away. Why has this been introduced; anyone wanna clear this up for me?
Like Mighty Max said, they're not exactly weapons, as Parashock, damageboost (a type of weapon) and soulcluster are.

Original monk
21-02-05, 13:37
do poisonstacks get removed when you zone like in NC1 ?

i tought in NC2 they stayed ?

dunno, i would prefer they stay tough, could be the ressurection of the poisonbeam (in combination with the removal of the antipoisonsanctum :) )

poison = extremely fun :) and effective in what it does: creating chaos :)

[VP]Orion
21-02-05, 14:42
do poisonstacks get removed when you zone like in NC1 ?

i tought in NC2 they stayed ?

dunno, i would prefer they stay tough, could be the ressurection of the poisonbeam (in combination with the removal of the antipoisonsanctum :) )

poison = extremely fun :) and effective in what it does: creating chaos :)
They stay, but the damage they do comes back again. Meaning, they stop doing damage after a zone.

aelfkins
22-02-05, 00:25
Too low lvl attack softwarers, but no defence software. Do the beginner hack mobs not attack? Oh wait the mc5 hackterminal doesn't work. :rolleyes:

Nice job on all the low lvl mobs in MC5 thoe. the look great. and there are plenty of them now. Too bad it doesnt do anything for you if you're a hacker.

Dirus
22-02-05, 00:37
Too low lvl attack softwarers, but no defence software. Do the beginner hack mobs not attack? Oh wait the mc5 hackterminal doesn't work. :rolleyes:

Nice job on all the low lvl mobs in MC5 thoe. the look great. and there are plenty of them now. Too bad it doesnt do anything for you if you're a hacker.
3 new hacknet Items were created, a TL3 Attack a TL3Heal & a TL12 Attack. The two TL3 item's will be starting equipment for Hackers.

The issue with the MC5 Hacknet is known, and so is the starting equipment issue. With the current issues regarding HackNet mobs and their damage, it's better that the MC5 Hacknet is not accessable.

Currently Hacker Professions still start with a Lazar Gun & ammo for it along with the Stiletto. When the Lazar Gun & Ammo is swapped out for the Hacknet weapons, the Stiletto will remain as part of the starting equipment still.

aelfkins
22-02-05, 01:22
3 new hacknet Items were created, a TL3 Attack a TL3Heal & a TL12 Attack. The two TL3 item's will be starting equipment for Hackers.

The issue with the MC5 Hacknet is known, and so is the starting equipment issue. With the current issues regarding HackNet mobs and their damage, it's better that the MC5 Hacknet is not accessable.

Currently Hacker Professions still start with a Lazar Gun & ammo for it along with the Stiletto. When the Lazar Gun & Ammo is swapped out for the Hacknet weapons, the Stiletto will remain as part of the starting equipment still.

Yah that was all stated in the first post, but nice job of dancing around the issue of the lack of a tl3 defence software.
:mad:

Genty
22-02-05, 01:42
Yah that was all stated in the first post, but nice job of dancing around the issue of the lack of a tl3 defence software.
:mad:

I dunno about you, but with my new hacker I killed the low level hack mobs like they were a piece of candy floss. Not really a requirement for defensive software at that level. Think as if the defensive software is a shelter, you gotta have some skills before you can use it, untill then your pritty weak on the defence.

aelfkins
22-02-05, 02:18
COOL Which mobs, where'd ya find them ?

:)

Dirus
22-02-05, 09:45
:mad:*Stops dancing*

I was thinking about adding a TL3 defense spell when I made the 3 new ones. However, there is no real need for one. When you compare Hacknet to fighting outside of hacknet the number of damage types is 1/3. You only need to pay attention to X-Ray & Energy inside Hacknet.

Also unlike the real world Hacknet the mobs are lower level. You won't be confronted with 10/10 mobs as a 0/2 hacker. Atleast not at the entrance you won't.

You start with an attack weapon & a heal weapon. Which is more then an APU starts out with.

As for the issues with Hacknet in general. Check the Known Issues thread in the Theme Week forums. It's been updated ;)

Genty
22-02-05, 13:34
COOL Which mobs, where'd ya find them ?

:)

infected storage 1.

Richard Blade
03-03-05, 17:01
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I've found something that bothers me.

Buying from a vendor, the quantity is set at a fixed number, I click buy and get my stuff, but a split second later the game sells me the same amount and charges me for it.

Pulling inventory from the gogo, same thing. Grab 40 ammo and I will eventually get 80.

I also found this while distributing points into one of my skills. Click once, two points added. Lucky for me, that's where the points were all going.

This is very annoying.