PDA

View Full Version : Patch 126&127 Notes

Thanatos
17-02-05, 17:26
Bugged Hair/Face Textures and "green Man" model issues on Terra
The "green man" model problem can be fixed by simply zoning, the model will reset when zoning.

Bugged hair/face textures can only be fixed by the GM team. You will have to contact the ingame support staff to get this problem fixed.

-------------------

Notes:

Ceres BioGenetic Labs
According to a press release by the CityAdmin Press Information Agency, a CityAdmin Special Task Force closed and sealed all entrances to the Ceres BioGenetic Laboratories. No reasons were named. Insiders suspect that the CityAdmin wants to secure the technology found in the Biogenetic Labs to their own advantage. Runners that may have been trapped inside the labs should use the usual emergency channels to exit the Labs.

Pepper Park
The spokesman of the newly created Red Pepper Entertainment Group announced today that the renovations of the Club Veronique and the Pussy Club are finally done. After rather long bureaucratic skirmishes with the previous owner and some technical problems with the renovations, the Red Pepper Entertainment Group is very pleased to finally be able to greet the first guests in the re-designed Club Veronique and Pussy Club.

Fixes:
- Added checks to prevent "green man hair model"
- Fixed potential server-side crash bug in database interface
- Fixed bug which allowed GMs to accidentally disable/block doors
- Fixed implant drop; one or more implants now drop and are placed into your inventory again after death
- Tweaked the walk animations of other chars when moving on low speed (instead of running all the time); may need further adjustments
- Tweaked the anti-spam chat delays.
- Changed anti-spam timer to restart from zero when anti-spam filter is triggered, which means that you have to wait another <x> seconds to write the next message.
- Improved free load updates after build processes (construction, recycle etc.)
- Fixed mission system bug regarding mission NPCs spawn by GMs
- Fixed several exploits.

Items:
- Crahn Holy Distract Mind, Crahn Holy Provoke Enemy, & Crahn Holy PSI Shield now researchable.
- HEW ‘Burner’ RC275 Now sold by correct trader.
- Cryton Multilink Defense Software v1.2 now working as intended.
- Ravager & Special Forces Plasma Wave's weight's were corrected.
- Anti-Air Rockets changed from 32 to 16 to match Anti-Vehicles rockets.
- Fixed mixed up requirements on Heavy-Combateye 3 & Light Duranium Boots
- Fixed issue with Black Dragon Hacknet Database Blueprints not showing the parts required.
- Unlabled Electroshocker & Electroshocker TL/Use Res TL fixed.
- NExT ER Chaincraft V.1 & NExT ER Wheeler Speedbike V.1 prices have been swapped to reflect their use requirements.
- Adjusted drop rate of Ultima mods in the DoY Tunnels.

Epic Runs:
- Applied fixes to the following epic runs: Black Dragon, Biotech, CityAdmin, Citymercs, Crahn, Fallen Angels and Next.
- Added a new reward for the Black Dragon epic run: A character that has completed all 6 of the BD epic runs should be able to talk to the starter NPC to get the new reward.

NPC:
- Added Reaper Galopticus spawn to Beginners MC5 as a Boss type Mob. Combat effectiveness has been reduced on this variant, and should ignore the player unless attacked.
- Swamp Squid, Tentacle, Fierce Tentacle, Acanthous Tentacle, & Swamp Warrior's Levels adjusted to 60, 10, 20, 30 & 45 respectivly.
- Traders in Beginner MC5's inventory has been adjusted to better suit the items needed.

Players:
- Fixed female character hacknet bug that caused them to appear as Giant Reptiles

Terminal:
- Citycom\StockX: Infopage added - description of Stockx rules and restrictions
- Terminal: reset of clanmembership changed (in case of clantermination)

World:
- Fixed traders in Outzone Jail
- Fixed traders in Newbie AreaMC5
- Fixed trader in TS-Sector
- Fixed Recreation Unit in Plaza Clanapp
- Fixed Citycom in Viarosso 3
- Added a new boss mob to Newbie AreaMC5
- Fixed minor bugs in Outzone 2, Outzone 4 and Plaza 1

-=Dredduk=-
17-02-05, 17:30
woot :D

imAchair
17-02-05, 17:31
w00t second

Rogue Arson
17-02-05, 17:33
woot :D

What he said ^^

Hell-demon
17-02-05, 17:33
No fix on the PE lip bug? :(

NeoDriver
17-02-05, 17:34
ahhhh

*drools*

/e "someone get me a towel"

Terkantia
YAY!!!!

Imps Drop!!!!

imAchair
Players:
- Fixed female character hacknet bug that caused them to appear as Giant Reptiles

lol anyone got a screenshot of this one?

-=Dredduk=-
17-02-05, 17:35
YAY!!!!

Imps Drop!!!!

Gets poker Ready.

Edit:btw whats the ftp site to get the patch my launcher doesnt seem to work properly :(

ArthurDent2k
wow,5 Replys while reading this ^^ Sounds good, the HN-Boss still missing but Impdrop...cool thing ^^

Kuya
we gonna have an opening parteh at the veronique club today?

GREAT WORK ppl :D

MeWhiteWolf
yeah i wanna screenie of the big lizard in HN bug
would have S#@t myself if I'd seen that coming at me
edit: looks like we've left NC to play the : Lets Crash The Forum Game!!

Hell-demon
17-02-05, 17:37
Crap! I gave my PE hack skills due to the imp bug!

Poo!

Curse you KK now i have to lom :rolleyes:

jernau
17-02-05, 17:38
"Improved free load updates after build processes (construction, recycle etc.)"

Yay for another B4 bug fixed (hopefully).

Ascension
17-02-05, 17:42
lol, *dust off tl 115 poker* :p

KinSler
17-02-05, 17:43
will the imp drop in the belts or just in the inventory?

Obsidian X
17-02-05, 17:43
Damn it my monk is caught between lomming poke and speccing hack, but with the imp bug maybe its not a good idea o_O o_O

Edit: Good point @ above, imps havent dropped since the removal of backpacks. Since the inventory doesn't get garbled now, will imps just drop straight into it, or into the quickbelt? I would assume its the former.

ROZZER187
17-02-05, 17:44
nice notes kk, but still no date on when hn will be fixed???
the mid lvl hacknet kills me as soon as i zone in lol

anywayzz n1

rabidfurball
17-02-05, 17:45
Patch 126 is 7.57 mb and patch 127 is 6 kb for anyone concerned. You can download them here: ftp://ftp.neocron.com/nc2retail/ already.

edit: 4th biggest nc2 patch ever! score.

Tratos
17-02-05, 17:45
if there already in your inv your belt but only go to inv if in your head me thinks cant remember been so long, anywho nice to see a patch ;) may have to actualy log into the game to check out the new clubs, sounds fun :)

Nice bug fixes also, hope to see the patch regularity upped also.

Capt. Rik
17-02-05, 17:48
awesome!! :D :p :) 8|

Bugs Gunny
17-02-05, 17:49
God, i'm glad i didn't lom out poking.
And DAMN i'm gonna be called to log my poker again all the time :-)

imper1um
17-02-05, 17:52
Well, we got 1 hour before servers SHOULD be up. :p

mishkin
17-02-05, 17:53
Thanny, just for consistency, add one of them announcement-sticky-thingies on top of the threads every time there's server downtime would ya? Or the Big N could do it, if he knows how to... just to avoid all them "Terra down?" threads :p

Oh, btw, Nice patchnotes :) *waits for servers to come up so I can go to the strip-clubs* :cool:

/edit

Well, we got 1 hour before servers SHOULD be up.

Actually, that's 1h 35mins, at least according to my watch... ;)

Skusty
17-02-05, 17:58
YAY!!!!

Imps Drop!!!!
i say YAY to coz im gonna get rich on my pe coz he pokes YAY
:D :D :D :D :D

msdong
17-02-05, 17:59
Fixes:
- Fixed implant drop; one or more implants now drop and are placed into your inventory again after death
- Changed anti-spam timer to restart from zero when anti-spam filter is triggered, which means that you have to wait another <x> seconds to write the next message (greetings from "Server Admin" to all the "F**K YOU KK" spammers on server shutdown notifications.. we love you guys too!)

ahh, cool :) best part of the patch. imp drop and no more relog after recycle.

haha, to the spamors :p

Pokin and more in TGHQ
Pokin and more in TGHQ
Pokin and more in TGHQ
Pokin and more in TGHQ

€: O_o to many pokers on Terra

hegemonic
17-02-05, 18:03
Players:
ROFL! Wish I saw that.

Does any hacker know if they ever nerfed or moved the uber 10/10 hacknet mobs at the entrances of the Lvl 1 Logins?

naimex
17-02-05, 18:06
For those that are bored... (http://files.naimex.dk/neocronpatchnotes.txt)

BradSTL
17-02-05, 18:15
- Cryton Multilink Defense Software v1.2 now working as intended.Which is how? I've heard too many conflicting interpretations as to what the MultiLink software was supposed to do. Can we get something official?

- Added a new reward for the Black Dragon epic run ...You could have told us what it was.

- Added Reaper Galopticus spawn to Beginners MC5 as a Boss type Mob.Level?

- Fixed traders in Outzone JailThere are traders in the Outzone Jail? So, who does get to go into Club Jailhouse without being fired upon by the guards?

Obsidian X
17-02-05, 18:16
The loyality and soullight loss when killing the target of an assassination mission has been removed.

Am I to understand there used to be missions to assasinate other runners??

Also why did they remove copbot idle sounds, I thought they'd be pretty cool and add more atmosphere to the city...

MkVenner
17-02-05, 18:21
There are traders in the Outzone Jail? So, who does get to go into Club Jailhouse without being fired upon by the guards?
less than 5 SL...or it might be 0....

get -1 just to be sure :p

Heavyporker
Noob mc5 mobs are 1/1 to 15/15, so I expect that reaper boss to be around that level.

Negative SL runners get to go to Jailhouse without being KOS to these guards. minimum is -5, but since your SL goes up fast at that level, I suggest either keep your eye on the SL or have it down to -16 or so to be safe.

Capt. Rik
There are traders in the Outzone Jail? So, who does get to go into Club Jailhouse without being fired upon by the guards?

people with less that -16 SL? I walked in in NC1 with 4SL but it might have changed

Xylaz
17-02-05, 18:22
implant drop is back again?

finally...

msdong
17-02-05, 18:23
Noob mc5 mobs are 1/1 to 15/15, so I expect that reaper boss to be around that level.....

as long as the damage output is not that high it must be cool to be in a noob hord attacking one :D

Kierz
17-02-05, 18:23
Top Notch patch, but no fix for the crossbow epic?

I heard someone say a few days ago that there was a new BD epic reward, TL75 HC Flamer weap...

MkVenner
17-02-05, 18:25
as long as the damage output is not that high it must be cool to be in a noob hord attacking one :D
wonder if itll drop a boss only item like the harbinger, scorpqueen etc...

L3Ts3L
17-02-05, 18:30
Ceres BioGenetic Labs
According to a press release by the CityAdmin Press Information Agency, a CityAdmin Special Task Force closed and sealed all entrances to the Ceres BioGenetic Laboratories. No reasons were named. Insiders suspect that the CityAdmin wants to secure the technology found in the Biogenetic Labs to their own advantage. Runners that may have been trapped inside the labs should use the usual emergency channels to exit the Labs.

Pepper Park
The spokesman of the newly created Red Pepper Entertainment Group announced today that the renovations of the Club Veronique and the Pussy Club are finally done. After rather long bureaucratic skirmishes with the previous owner and some technical problems with the renovations, the Red Pepper Entertainment Group is very pleased to finally be able to greet the first guests in the re-designed Club Veronique and Pussy Club.

Fixes:
- Fixed potential server-side crash bug in database interface
- Fixed bug which allowed GMs to accidentally disable/block doors
- Tweaked the walk animations of other chars when moving on low speed (instead of running all the time); may need further adjustments
- Changed anti-spam timer to restart from zero when anti-spam filter is triggered, which means that you have to wait another <x> seconds to write the next message (greetings from "Server Admin" to all the "F**K YOU KK" spammers on server shutdown notifications.. we love you guys too!)
- Fixed several exploits.

Items:
- Crahn Holy Distract Mind, Crahn Holy Provoke Enemy, & Crahn Holy PSI Shield now researchable.
- HEW ‘Burner’ RC275 Now sold by correct trader.
- Cryton Multilink Defense Software v1.2 now working as intended.
- Ravager & Special Forces Plasma Wave's weight's were corrected.
- Anti-Air Rockets changed from 32 to 16 to match Anti-Vehicles rockets.
- Fixed mixed up requirements on Heavy-Combateye 3 & Light Duranium Boots
- Fixed issue with Black Dragon Hacknet Database Blueprints not showing the parts required.
- Unlabled Electroshocker & Electroshocker TL/Use Res TL fixed.
- NExT ER Chaincraft V.1 & NExT ER Wheeler Speedbike V.1 prices have been swapped to reflect their use requirements.

Epic Runs:
- Applied fixes to the following epic runs: Black Dragon, Biotech, CityAdmin, Citymercs, Crahn, Fallen Angels and Next.
- Added a new reward for the Black Dragon epic run: A character that has completed all 6 of the BD epic runs should be able to talk to the starter NPC to get the new reward.

NPC:
- Added Reaper Galopticus spawn to Beginners MC5 as a Boss type Mob. Combat effectiveness has been reduced on this variant, and should ignore the player unless attacked.
- Swamp Squid, Tentacle, Fierce Tentacle, Acanthous Tentacle, & Swamp Warrior's Levels adjusted to 60, 10, 20, 30 & 45 respectivly.
- Traders in Beginner MC5's inventory has been adjusted to better suit the items needed.

Players:

Terminal:
- Citycom\StockX: Infopage added - description of Stockx rules and restrictions
- Terminal: reset of clanmembership changed (in case of clantermination)

World:
- Fixed traders in Outzone Jail
- Fixed traders in Newbie AreaMC5
- Fixed trader in TS-Sector
- Fixed Recreation Unit in Plaza Clanapp
- Fixed Citycom in Viarosso 3
- Added a new boss mob to Newbie AreaMC5
- Fixed minor bugs in Outzone 2, Outzone 4 and Plaza 1

So all in all, nothing changed. Just 2 doors opended, and implants drop. Sorry i had to say this. BUT THIS IS TRULY PETHETIC. Now i really know you guys have flushed the game down the toilet.

MeWhiteWolf
17-02-05, 18:31
hell drop anything of better quality complete in newbie mc5 with chance of sots - it the same value to a true newb as ur JD launcher's etc

imAchair
17-02-05, 18:33
yeah i kind of agree we want more things to do

Tantta
17-02-05, 18:37
i like implant drob thingie again but it might sucks if lose my ds ^^

Thantos

Heavyporker
17-02-05, 18:37
WTF why would BD get flamers?

Tsunami Pepper Park guards used to have their bitchin' ass flamers...

Now, BD should'be gotten the assault rifle, if that TL 75 flamer is coming in.

oh, and mister letsel.... shaddup, you troll.

imAchair
17-02-05, 18:38

lol thats a good point

MkVenner
17-02-05, 18:39

i think the only reason its this way is because dragon, flame, etc...meh...i think it might even be called Dragons Tounge

Obsidian X
17-02-05, 18:43
The Pussy Club security guards are attacking me? Is this supposed to happen? Not good considering its a safezone? O_o O_o

Ascension
17-02-05, 18:47
The Pussy Club security guards are attacking me? Is this supposed to happen? Not good considering its a safezone? O_o O_o
they are Tsunami guys :p

TWOK
17-02-05, 18:48
The weapon lore changes for pistols hasn't worked afaik.

Any chance this relates to the xbow mission ?

Obsidian X
17-02-05, 18:52
they are Tsunami guys :p

They shouldn't be - its owned by Red Pepper entertainment now. The Tsunami scum were booted out of the city ages ago. And theres pro-city guards too, looks like someone forgot to clean up the remains of NC1 :rolleyes:

Weazle
17-02-05, 19:00

This fix ......... timing is at its worse. GR camping and greifing will now be the most predominate way of looting those precious MC5 chips out of peoples belts .... score 1 for the asshats ..... I'm not going to be logging in much now.

MISS WHIP
17-02-05, 19:02
Is the launcher/ftp patch server borked or is it just me.....get to 5.30megs on patch 126 and that is where it stops.

Nice patch btw

Tostino
17-02-05, 19:07
I'm happy for the imp bug being fixed!! Was hoping for some mem leak/fps fixes but oh well.

Original monk
17-02-05, 19:11
very intresting, very very intresting

lets get downloading but euh any unmentioned changes that still would be intresting to kwow about, in the past some things havent mentioned hé, dunno havent started yet but i can always ask :)

seems nice tough if nothing unexpected happens :)

i got a day off tommorow so tjuus !

ciao people laterz :P

BradSTL
17-02-05, 19:13
Both clubs are safezones.

The third floor guards (by the peep show booths) in Club Veronique are still Tsunami Syndicate guards. Both of the other floors are Screaming Horse Agency.

The third floor guards (by the front entrance) are also Tsunami. I couldn't check the lower floors, the back door is still blocked by a pile of boxes.

SnowCrash
17-02-05, 19:26
Both clubs are safezones.

The third floor guards (by the peep show booths) in Club Veronique are still Tsunami Syndicate guards. Both of the other floors are Screaming Horse Agency.

The third floor guards (by the front entrance) are also Tsunami. I couldn't check the lower floors, the back door is still blocked by a pile of boxes.

The zone hasn't been resetted and so the old Tsunami guards are still there. The GMs will make sure to remove them asap.

Rogue Arson
17-02-05, 19:37
BD epic reward doesn't seem to be working yet.

Original monk
17-02-05, 19:52
1,6mb/sec - 1,7mb/sec for both patches

darn, nice :)

PcP'
17-02-05, 19:56
to tell the truth 5 months without a patch and thats what it is......................

Ascension
17-02-05, 19:57
Btw, the boxes are blocking the door in PP3 near the GR;)

Inchenzo
17-02-05, 19:58
Since the Bd epic reward never worked and i already completed the epic, but changed faction to crahn, i was wondering.. do i get that "new" bd epic reward ? and if "yes" when ? and if "no" why not ?

SorkZmok
17-02-05, 20:08
Fixed implant drop; one or more implants now drop and are placed into your inventory again after deathYAY, i love you KK! Just in time when i am back on the net and can play some more!!

On the other hand, what took that patch so long?

/edit
Whats the BD epic reward? Someone PM me please, gotta know if its worth doing, i stopped cause i got the 1st mission again and again after the 4th one. :(

/`notherone

This fix ......... timing is at its worse. GR camping and greifing will now be the most predominate way of looting those precious MC5 chips out of peoples belts .... score 1 for the asshats ..... I'm not going to be logging in much now.That`d be your own stupidity. How bout you just genrep to a safezone? Theres gonna be pokers at techhaven again from now on, im pretty sure about that. And theres lots of HQs, you know?

Problem solved.

aKe`cj
17-02-05, 20:09
to tell the truth 5 months without a patch and thats what it is...................... to tell the truth, you aint telling no truth not ! http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/eek.gif

cp000123.pat (ftp://ftp.reakktor.com/nc2retail/cp000123.pat) 7849 KB 21.12.2004 13:38:00
cp000124.pat (ftp://ftp.reakktor.com/nc2retail/cp000124.pat) 281 KB 21.12.2004 13:38:00
cp000125.pat (ftp://ftp.reakktor.com/nc2retail/cp000125.pat) 490 KB 22.12.2004 18:07:00

Zheo
17-02-05, 20:11
[b]
Ceres BioGenetic Labs

Closed? ffs, when will you patch what evers bugged and reopen it and please dont tell me in 3 months etc like MC5 was cos that would kinda hinder my efforts to obtain and WOC disk.

MeWhiteWolf
17-02-05, 20:17
and at the low end - i made a new char to check out the newbie mc5 bossmob - not in strang cave (or whatever it's name was) or anywhere else - not spawn yet? - or spawn inside hill or something?

Skusty
17-02-05, 20:23
I'm happy for the imp bug being fixed!! Was hoping for some mem leak/fps fixes but oh well.
The " Imp bug " aint a bug KK made it so....read some old patchnotes :rolleyes:

BradSTL
17-02-05, 20:26
Newbie MC5 boss mob seems to be missing; did not spawn in the roughly one hour that 4 other runners and I were scouring the zone.

Newbie MC5 traders are nicely spaced out around the cooking pot, so they stopped slam dancing, and that's nice. But they still do not sell tools, tools supplies, item parts, armor, drones, or PPU spells. Nor do they sell grenades, although if you think to ask all the NPCs there's one pro-city NPC and one anti-city NPC who have them. But then, they already did.

Newbie MC5 surface mobs consist almost entirely of 8/8 flying mowers and 10/10 "MC5 Mosqitos." Oh, come on, Lupus. Like I already told you once, starting characters just do not have the weapon lore to hit those. Please, please tone down the outdoor flying mobs in this area.

I did notice that rotten boxes are once again spawning weapon, weaponmod, armor, and implant parts, at least in newbie MC5. This breaks the Biotech monopoly on implant parts; while the Dome of Yorker in me approves, I'm not sure it was intentional. Still, it does solve the "no parts available" issue, kind of and sort of.

I concur that if there were any changes made in weapon lore as it affects pistols, it was too subtle for me to notice in newbie MC5.

Brammers
17-02-05, 20:41
Black Dragon Epic Reward - what if your character has completed the original epic, and is no longer in the faction?

MISS WHIP
17-02-05, 20:41
I thought if you already done the BD epic all you had to do was speak to the epic mission guy to get the new epic item as long as you are still in BD.....

SO WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN....

"If you get this without getting the reward first then it doesn't consider the 7th mission as part of the epic"

words of the BD mission guy

Dirus
17-02-05, 20:52
Newbie MC5 boss mob seems to be missing; did not spawn in the roughly one hour that 4 other runners and I were scouring the zone.

Newbie MC5 traders are nicely spaced out around the cooking pot, so they stopped slam dancing, and that's nice. But they still do not sell tools, tools supplies, item parts, armor, drones, or PPU spells. Nor do they sell grenades, although if you think to ask all the NPCs there's one pro-city NPC and one anti-city NPC who have them. But then, they already did.

Newbie MC5 surface mobs consist almost entirely of 8/8 flying mowers and 10/10 "MC5 Mosqitos." Oh, come on, Lupus. Like I already told you once, starting characters just do not have the weapon lore to hit those. Please, please tone down the outdoor flying mobs in this area.

I did notice that rotten boxes are once again spawning weapon, weaponmod, armor, and implant parts, at least in newbie MC5. This breaks the Biotech monopoly on implant parts; while the Dome of Yorker in me approves, I'm not sure it was intentional. Still, it does solve the "no parts available" issue, kind of and sort of.

I concur that if there were any changes made in weapon lore as it affects pistols, it was too subtle for me to notice in newbie MC5.The Traders currently in MC5 need to be reset as they're the old ones using the old values.

The Flying mobs still need to be addressed. The number of htem is going ot be reduced.

The Bossmob spawns in only one location at the southwest area of the map, and shares it's spawn with the other mobs, hence it may not always be around. The idea was for it to randomly appear on a low occurance rate.

The Weaponlore changes didn't make it into this patch unfortunately :/

I thought if you already done the BD epic all you had to do was speak to the epic mission guy to get the new epic item as long as you are still in BD.....

SO WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN....

"If you get this without getting the reward first then it doesn't consider the 7th mission as part of the epic"

words of the BD mission guy
It means theres a bug in the system, the message you got was more for our sake as a pointer to where the isue is.

SnowCrash
17-02-05, 21:09
Closed? ffs, when will you patch what evers bugged and reopen it and please dont tell me in 3 months etc like MC5 was cos that would kinda hinder my efforts to obtain and WOC disk.

Please read the patch notes correctly. It says that the Ceres BioGenetic Labs are closed. The Ceres BioMechanic Labs are still open and you can obtain your woc parts there. Unfortunately the Genetic Labs were heavily exploited by players and so we closed it to redesign the level.

enigma_b17
17-02-05, 21:09
Fixed implant drop; one or more implants now drop and are placed into your inventory again after death

Now does this mean that those implants that do fall out can be dropped in a belt???

Zheo
17-02-05, 21:12
The Weaponlore changes didn't make it into this patch unfortunately :/
It means theres a bug in the system,

The weapon lore changes weren't the only thing not included in the patch, and theres a shed loads of bugs.

Try fixing the server! You know Terra server, the server that kicks me off every five godamn minutes the server that i've been mailing tech support about every day for the past two weeks, the server for which i defragged all my harddisks, re-installed neocron 3 times, ran anti virus, and spy ware destroyer, the server I ran error checking on all of my harddisks and spend 3+ hours doing all of this.

And the server that tech support just say "Send me your error.log file." three times i sent that. "I've logged on your account and it worked fine for me." no offence but that doesnt help me one bit. And as much as i love having my characters die for no reason (at least none that I can see because im booted off the server)

I've checked with my ISP and it's nothing my end i've also done all i can think of to fix this all it is. is my connection to my server dies... would be nice if Reakktor would do something about that...

TWOK
17-02-05, 21:18
Now does this mean that those implants that do fall out can be dropped in a belt???

Theres been some rumours that imps have dropped in belts, dunno if the people meant straight from death or from inv (which would be normal).
Probably best to take caution until more is known.

Tostino
17-02-05, 21:20

This is the best thing on there by far (if they made it so they drop more that is).

EDIT: Ok imps will NOT drop in belts. If you think if you died and get a rez no imps fall out (before this bug) but you still drop a belt. I think that the imps dont pop untill you GR out.

Jesterthegreat
17-02-05, 21:27
didnt read the whole thread but...

no mention of the wep lore alterations lupus told us about?

that an unlisted chage or did it not make this patch?

:edit: nm i read a few posts up :p

Bugs Gunny
17-02-05, 21:34
[ edited ]

SorkZmok
17-02-05, 21:35
This is the best thing on there by far (if they made it so they drop more that is).

EDIT: Ok imps will NOT drop in belts. If you think if you died and get a rez no imps fall out (before this bug) but you still drop a belt. I think that the imps dont pop untill you GR out.
Implants fall out once you genrep out. If you get rezzed, the implants can not drop in your belt.

And about ultimas, it seems theyre still not dropping. Or the droprate still is very very low. o_O

Ninjano2002uk
17-02-05, 21:38
Ok so say i Die, I drop my Mc5 or my noobie 1st leg bone or watever.. it goes in Invent & die again then it can drop in belt ? but defo on 1st death it never goes in belt yup ?

Dirus
17-02-05, 21:40
The weapon lore changes weren't the only thing not included in the patch, and theres a shed loads of bugs.

Try fixing the server! You know Terra server, the server that kicks me off every five godamn minutes the server that i've been mailing tech support about every day for the past two weeks, the server for which i defragged all my harddisks, re-installed neocron 3 times, ran anti virus, and spy ware destroyer, the server I ran error checking on all of my harddisks and spend 3+ hours doing all of this.

And the server that tech support just say "Send me your error.log file." three times i sent that. "I've logged on your account and it worked fine for me." no offence but that doesnt help me one bit. And as much as i love having my characters die for no reason (at least none that I can see because im booted off the server)

I've checked with my ISP and it's nothing my end i've also done all i can think of to fix this all it is. is my connection to my server dies... would be nice if Reakktor would do something about that...Have you done a tracert to the servers when this is happening?

If you're unsure how, then the procedure is as follows.

Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt

It should start up a Dos type command window. from there you enter

C:\tracert 62.140.29.50

when you enter that it should kick out info like this:

C:\tracert 62.140.29.50
Tracing route to 62.140.29.50 over a maximum of 30 hops
1 9 ms 10 ms 9 ms 64.230.254.234
2 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms 64.230.234.1
3 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms core2-toronto01-Gigabite11-0.in.bellnexxia.net [64.230.234.249]
4 8 ms 8 ms 7 ms core4-toronto63-pos13-1.in.bellnexxia.net [64.230.233.93]
5 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms bx1-toronto63-pos2-0.in.bellnexxia.net [64.230.242.118]
6 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms if-7-0.core2.TTT-Scarborough.Teleglobe.net [207.45.198.1]
7 20 ms 20 ms 20 ms if-3-0.core2.CQW-Chicago.Teleglobe.net [207.45.222.182]
8 20 ms 20 ms 19 ms if-7-0.core2.CT8-Chicago.teleglobe.net [66.110.14.165]
9 19 ms 19 ms 19 ms if-4-1.core1.CT8-Chicago.teleglobe.net [66.110.27.189]
10 33 ms 84 ms 33 ms so-1-2-0.e1.Chicago1.Level3.net [65.59.88.193]
11 * 33 ms 34 ms so-2-1-0.bbr1.Chicago1.Level3.net [209.244.8.9]
12 31 ms 32 ms 32 ms ae-0-0.bbr1.NewYork1.Level3.net [64.159.1.41]
13 100 ms 100 ms 102 ms as-0-0.bbr2.London1.Level3.net [4.68.128.105]
14 119 ms 119 ms 119 ms so-1-0-0.mp2.Hamburg1.Level3.net [4.68.128.30]
15 120 ms 120 ms 121 ms ge-5-2.hsa2.Hamburg1.Level3.net [195.122.140.204]
16 119 ms 120 ms 121 ms ge-2-0.edge1.ham1.de.inetbone.net [62.67.234.30]
17 120 ms 121 ms 120 ms 212.162.3.84
18 120 ms 119 ms 122 ms 62.140.29.50
Trace complete.

What your looking for is extremely high ping times, *'s like at hop #11 in this report, and time outs. If you have large number of those and it is not at the last hop but somewhere inbetween, then it's an issue with one of the servers between Your PC and Reakktor's Server. Issues like that are out of both your control and Reakktors.

If you look at mine above, you'll notice I get a * in Line 11, and in line 10 there is a slight lag spike of 50ms over ther other 2 results from that same server. Hence any intermitant connection issues I may have may be caused in Chicago.

Zheo
17-02-05, 21:51
Have you done a tracert to the servers when this is happening?
then it's an issue with one of the servers between Your PC and Reakktor's Server. Issues like that are out of both your control and Reakktors.

Funny you say that cos i though about doing a tracert so i did one, and got all * * * apart from the last one which was about 32ms. any idea why that'd be? I'm no techie to be honest, and i have a router which should be doing all it's own work with allowing connection however we (my brother and I) did some advanced work on my firewall to allow neocron through,

and it wouldnt explain why it sometimes allows me to connect... somethings not right here even i can tell that.

so if it's the first line that would suggest it's not getting past my firewall.

Edit/ I just mail'd my isp to ask for information on allowing the connections through the only problem is that router management only allows 20 rules to be set and I'm unsure of how to allow them through being that it's hiddiously complex, and if i have to set each port eg: 5001 5002 5003 5004 I wont beable to fit them all in obviously as 5000-5016 is already 16 rules, then 7000 8020 8040 12000 13000 6000 and 6001 makes it 22 rules + the 4 I need for something else making it 25. Lets just hope my ISP can come up with an eaiser way! I'll mail them someinformation about the ports.

Also Lupus this is what im getting:
1 * * * Request timed out.
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 31 ms 31 ms 32 ms 62.140.29.50

msdong
17-02-05, 21:59
i had a few login problems after the patch to. after resume or login i was kicked back to the login screen. dont forget the usual no money/stay in sync bug. (all out of germany right around the corner of the server)

its better now and ony the usual stay in sync login is happen.

Dirus
17-02-05, 22:21
Funny you say that cos i though about doing a tracert so i did one, and got all * * * apart from the last one which was about 32ms. any idea why that'd be? I'm no techie to be honest, and i have a router which should be doing all it's own work with allowing connection however we (my brother and I) did some advanced work on my firewall to allow neocron through,

and it wouldnt explain why it sometimes allows me to connect... somethings not right here even i can tell that.

so if it's the first line that would suggest it's not getting past my firewall.

Edit/ I just mail'd my isp to ask for information on allowing the connections through the only problem is that router management only allows 20 rules to be set and I'm unsure of how to allow them through being that it's hiddiously complex, and if i have to set each port eg: 5001 5002 5003 5004 I wont beable to fit them all in obviously as 5000-5016 is already 16 rules, then 7000 8020 8040 12000 13000 6000 and 6001 makes it 22 rules + the 4 I need for something else making it 25. Lets just hope my ISP can come up with an eaiser way! I'll mail them someinformation about the ports.
I'm not sure about how your router's settings work, but mine allow 20 rules but each one can open as many ports in a range as I specify. i.e. I can have rule one open ports 5000 - 5016 as a single rule.

If you're getting stars right from the start for the most part then it is most likely a firewall/router issue, and not an issue with the Server's on KK's end at all. Hence why KK can't find the reason.

Transformer
17-02-05, 22:25
make sure that someone else doesn't know your password as well. if they keep trying to get ingame it will kick you off and let them on.

Crazy Russian
17-02-05, 23:17
Ok so say i Die, I drop my Mc5 or my noobie 1st leg bone or watever.. it goes in Invent & die again then it can drop in belt ? but defo on 1st death it never goes in belt yup ?

can a GM please comment on this and tell us what really happens to IMps when we die ...like is there a chance that i can lose my MC5 chips when i die?

Xylaz
17-02-05, 23:21
can a GM please comment on this and tell us what really happens to IMps when we die ...like is there a chance that i can lose my MC5 chips when i die?

no

you can only lost it when u gr back after death to some dangerous place without taking your imp out of your inventory and there if u get killed again and imp will be in your inventory still and not in your gogo then and only then you have the chance of loosing your precious mc5.

Crazy Russian
17-02-05, 23:24
so nothing new ..just like it was before

Dr Strange
18-02-05, 00:04
so we got to put in a help ticket and wait "in line" with 200-300 other people on Terra? (just asking)

And the Black Dragon epic is STILL bugged. The guy just says "if you see this message then blah blah something about a 7th mission" but he does not give you a 7th mission nor the reward!

landofcake
18-02-05, 00:25
Two words regarding some of the fixes in this patch:

Thank fuck.

Ascension
18-02-05, 00:33
Two words regarding some of the fixes in this patch:

Thank fuck.What this guy said, also.. thanx to Carb I have a full head of hair! *pulls out comb*

Ive yet to die so I aint felt my imps being ripped from my cortex so... :p

Dirus
18-02-05, 00:33
so we got to put in a help ticket and wait "in line" with 200-300 other people on Terra? (just asking)

And the Black Dragon epic is STILL bugged. The guy just says "if you see this message then blah blah something about a 7th mission" but he does not give you a 7th mission nor the reward!
I'm working on this issue. Hopefully I'll be able to temp fix this within the next hour or so.

Jesterthegreat
18-02-05, 00:46
im happy i got hair again... not so happy about the ping spiked to 1500 ping in NF

Tratos
18-02-05, 00:47
thankfully Lupus you didnt disapear after you entered KK :p Thank Fuck, lol

<3 Lupus

Dribble Joy
18-02-05, 01:15
Interesting.

Dr Strange
18-02-05, 01:21
Will we have to wait on Rokkwear to fix our pink pants/green shirts that we did not choose at character creation?

Eckhart
18-02-05, 01:27
Any word on when the DoY clubs in TS sector and Abandoned Sector 10 will be opened?

Mr Kot
18-02-05, 04:11
SO glad to get my hair back.... now just a teeny problem with my hacknet model. It doesn't animate at all. No emotes, no walk animation, no run, no crouch, no jump. He just glides along like a statue on rollerskates with arms fixed by side.

netster
18-02-05, 10:22
after 1st relog of my meleetanky, the skinmodel was one of the broken pe/halfgreen pe's, after zoning my buddy was back in 1 peace without this 120/120 mechturtle on his head :D
ty!!!! finally i can 3rd person my lil tanky in cave :D <3

Zheo
18-02-05, 10:25
I admit it when I'm wrong, and im wrong now the probs im having arent to do with KK, as a tracert proved there the servers the only thing responding, looks like my hardware firewall is to blame suxsor! Lupus is being very kind and will hopefully help me set some rules that actually work failing that i'll bitch to my isp till they fix it or tell me how to :) But to be fare I did to a tracert before i got the router (when the problems started and it worked then). So my feeling atm is my hardware firewall is blocking my connection cos it's a foolish creature! I hope Crahn opens up a big godly can of whoop arse on my router so i can play again!

All Hail Crahn!

Ryydmann
18-02-05, 11:14
Actually my client works much better with this new patch. I played like six hours last night and crashed only once when before crashed every half hour. And no sync at all. Only minus is that my hair is gone...

darkservent
18-02-05, 13:35
I'm sooo glad to see a patch even though I dont play anymore but I just hope for everyones sake that this isnt the only patch for the next 3months. I personally would expect atleast 1 patch a week even if it was really tiny fixes. And most of all I would like to see the eradication of all FREs now. I guess if FREs were completly gone it would make everyones day.

Capt. Rik
18-02-05, 13:59
I'm sooo glad to see a patch even though I dont play anymore but I just hope for everyones sake that this isnt the only patch for the next 3months. I personally would expect atleast 1 patch a week even if it was really tiny fixes. And most of all I would like to see the eradication of all FREs now. I guess if FREs were completly gone it would make everyones day.

I don't FRE ever, i never have done in NC2 but lets not get into that argument

Jesterthegreat
18-02-05, 14:38
And most of all I would like to see the eradication of all FREs now. I guess if FREs were completly gone it would make everyones day.

yeah KK...

remove that "set FRE_allow 1" line in the code! :rolleyes:

Ninjano2002uk
18-02-05, 15:22
Ok for all ur questions about IMPLANTS ,

U die you drop 4 Implants on death & all ur armour falls out in2 Invent..

Pokers heaven.. good for them bad for implants. 8|

Ninjano2002uk
18-02-05, 15:30
anyone else gettin the bug (mercury) no idea if on other servers, but everytime i log on i must reset my mouse button 2 for opening doors / use..

as it just does not work.. its not a Syn problem as i zone in & out & still cant use the doors but i can left click on a item to look at the info... only way i see to fix it is to reset my button in the config to mouse button 2 etc..

plz anyone else who gets this reply.

SorkZmok
18-02-05, 16:20
Ok for all ur questions about IMPLANTS ,

U die you drop 4 Implants on death & all ur armour falls out in2 Invent..

Pokers heaven.. good for them bad for implants. 8|
The number of implants is still random, first time i died only my SA fell out. :lol:
Second time 3 imps popped out.

And i hate that armor thing, i have to drug into all my armor parts on my spy, its a pain in the ass everytime i die now. :(

Jobe
18-02-05, 21:26
Yea... I was also really enjoying not having imps pop out. I thought it was a new feature of NC2 actually :lol: and a really enjoyable one at that. It made dieing not such a pain in the ass, let alone not expensive. :( There goes another 50% hit in playtime trying to find pokers and tipping away much cash.

Tostino
18-02-05, 21:32
Yea... I was also really enjoying not having imps pop out. I thought it was a new feature of NC2 actually :lol: and a really enjoyable one at that. It made dieing not such a pain in the ass, let alone not expensive. :( There goes another 50% hit in playtime trying to find pokers and tipping away much cash.
It was nice for lvling but I couldnt stand it for PvP.