PDA

View Full Version : Green drugs for a spy?

Bugs Gunny
17-02-05, 13:56
Hi,

I'm thinking of loming my hacknet spy to a pistol spy (again).
I made a setup which has been used by a spy i know to great effect, however there is no poison resist on it. I was wondering if popping a green drug along with the three other 10 minute drugs is worth it on a spy.

As then devourer won't do much, nor will the usual poisoning people try to do on a spy.

Crest
17-02-05, 14:38
For my spy I rarely have anything set for poison...

I carry plenty antidotes, and can survive 7 stacks of poison from a high level APU. I do admit comming close to dying to poison a couple of times....

The killer for me is tank long rangs and pistol spies

SorkZmok
18-02-05, 04:08
Carry enough antidotes. And stay away from dev/pob tanks. Thats all.

No need to use that drug. Its not worth it.

/edit
Out of 10 APUs, 2 go for fire, 1 goes for poison. The rest sticks to HL anyway.

trigger hurt
18-02-05, 04:28
I am gonna be working on a fire/energy drug setup for my pistol spy. spec him to wear inq 1/pa 2/heavy poison belt. thing is, as far as I can tell, I may have to drug for that extra kick of speed so that I can overcome to lack of ATL due to having higher than typical HLT.

I'm not sure how it will work out as I don't use a skill manager to test these things out first. Fortunatly, my con is overcapped enough that I could lom twice should the setup not be good.

SorkZmok
18-02-05, 04:40
Its not gonna work. I tried using those drugs, its not worth it.

And btw, more than 114 in con might be bad... And even then, the difference isnt worth it. It might be for poison, but thats it. But then again, theres the thing with resists above 114...

Jesterthegreat
18-02-05, 14:36
114 = hard cap in con... so theres everything bad about putting more than that :p

armour and bones must be used to get it over that value, drugs, imps and con cap at 114 combined

UnderLoK
18-02-05, 17:30
Hi,

I'm thinking of loming my hacknet spy to a pistol spy (again).
I made a setup which has been used by a spy i know to great effect, however there is no poison resist on it. I was wondering if popping a green drug along with the three other 10 minute drugs is worth it on a spy.

As then devourer won't do much, nor will the usual poisoning people try to do on a spy.

Hey man ;)

Stick with pure Energy/Xray/HP.. You need to count on your belt and drugs for the rest... My barter is still in BD (to get me drugs :lol: ) so if you need any let me know (I haven't moved him over w/ the clan in Crahn yet).

If your a spy that doesn't abuse drugs you might as well become a tradeskiller. Commonly I pop beast/spider/red-green-white dragon (depending on which belt I get caught wearing and what spells the apu's are firing). Tanks are too slow so it's pretty easy to stay out of DEV range.

I thought your spy was a rifle spy? o_O Or did you lomm from that to pure hack and now wanna move back already?

Bugs Gunny
18-02-05, 17:37
Thx.

The spy was my first char and was indeed rifle spy, then hc trike spy, then pistol spy, then melee spy, then pistol spy, then hacknet spy, then pistol spy, then droner/hacknet and now back to pistols :-)

So much points gone to waste..... 2 years of leveling and still not capped lol

Crest
18-02-05, 17:50
Hey man ;)

Stick with pure Energy/Xray/HP.. You need to count on your belt and drugs for the rest... My barter is still in BD (to get me drugs :lol: ) so if you need any let me know (I haven't moved him over w/ the clan in Crahn yet).

If your a spy that doesn't abuse drugs you might as well become a tradeskiller. Commonly I pop beast/spider/red-green-white dragon (depending on which belt I get caught wearing and what spells the apu's are firing). Tanks are too slow so it's pretty easy to stay out of DEV range.

I thought your spy was a rifle spy? o_O Or did you lomm from that to pure hack and now wanna move back already?

Hmm - Trade Skiller - Cause of no drugs .....
Does not say much for PE's .... I dont claim to be good, But i have killed a PE or twi before ... and sometimes there is a good one who shows me why love is not all arounf us