PDA

View Full Version : What's up with hotmail?

Mr Kot
15-02-05, 18:58
Okaaaaay, i log on to internet as usual. MSN messenger signs me in automatically.

A little message pops up: "You have x new emails"

I click the link that says this and i'm usually redirected to my hotmail inbox.

BUT!

for the last week now, when i click this link i get this: (see attachment)

I can come back in 10 minutes or another hour, but to no avail, it just stays like that and no page loads.

I went to hotmail's homepage, but i just get a redirect to a MSN passport page prompting me to sign in. When i do, i get redirected to exactly the same page that is going nowhere.

So any advice on how i get to check my emails?

/edit. FFS i can't even post an attachment now :mad: first attempt to post thread gave me a 404 error after the attachment uploaded, now it wont let me post the same attachment twice as it thinks the first one is still there.

NOT having a good day. :mad:

/edit 2: try this for attachment: http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8213

Obsidian X
15-02-05, 19:01
BUT!

for the last week now, when i click this link i get this: (see attachment)

What attachment? :p ;)

You forgot to add one m8. ;)

Xeno LARD
15-02-05, 20:24
Clear cookies + cache, goto hotmail.com and login like that.

See if that works if not, use GMail (I have invites if you want).

Mr Kot
15-02-05, 20:57
Clear cookies + cache, goto hotmail.com and login like that.

Done that. Going to hotmail.com doesn't even give me a home page, it immediately throws up a .net passport login screen with my email address already stored and a prompt for a pass. Then i get directed to the same screen. Unchecking the "remember my login" makes no diff either. It still tries to take me to the page that doesnt load, and the login is still stored next time.

Lets try that attachment again....

Lexxuk
15-02-05, 21:02
Tools/Internet Options/Content/Auto Complete, thats where your stored information is stored. Might be a problem with the SSL, try Firefox, that will get you into hotmail (yuck, firefox :o)

Mr Kot
16-02-05, 00:19
Well, strange as it may be, i got it working now. I fiddled with a few things, like signing out of net passport and trying to sign in with false name and pass to get me out of the loop i was stuck in.

Several attempts later, it just seemed to work when i accessed mail from a different place. Now the link i clicked in the first place works too. It even directs to a completely different URL. Shit happens. Anyway, i've saved the working URL in favourites for the next time MSN goes tits up.

Thanks to all who helped. I may try firefox soon, as i have noticed that IE is a little buggy sometimes. Quite a few ppl on the forums use firefox and sing its praises so i guess it wouldnt hurt to try. ;)

Jesterthegreat
16-02-05, 01:36
See if that works if not, use GMail (I have invites if you want).

last time i looked i had 30 invites :eek:

they been multiplying or what?

Morpheous
16-02-05, 05:16
Why are you using Hotmail? o_0

At least use something that A) Isn't made by Microsoft, and B) Works.

Gmail is good, your ISP will probably give you an email account, or some private providers do good stuff.

If you're using Firefox, sorry about this but... try IE *Sobs* because Microsoft are probably bludgeoning their site to work with it instead of the proper W3C standards. Scum.

MkVenner
16-02-05, 08:59
last time i looked i had 30 invites :eek:

they been multiplying or what?
i have 50 atm, over 3 accounts thats 150...i dont think theres that many people without it now...