PDA

View Full Version : CS glove

Dribble Joy
15-02-05, 15:29
I was reminded of this a while ago, and for various reasons (mostly curiosity), wondered how people feel about it.

The Crahn epic glove, PSI 40.
A bit random in it's reqs (kinda) and not all together in keeping with the other epic items.
A few ideas then:

Remove the psi req.
Do we want PEs and spies running around with it?

Increase the psi req to 75.
Inline with the other epic items and oput of the reach of PEs.

Lower the req to 35 psi.
Do we want PEs using it but not Spies?

If I were to be totaly selfish I would pick the third one.
Thoughts?

sultana
15-02-05, 15:34
Well the psi glove is an impant (of sorts) and none of the other implants require reqs, however if any of the 3 classes left (spy, pe or tank) would benefit more from it, I'd say the spy would. Pe's can already get enough psu, spys however need most of the int points they can get, especially if they taking up hacking or poking or something as a skill on the side. And, with the new wep lore changes... funny a tank can cap a cs with less weaplore then a pe can a libby (aiming that is).

So I'd say keep it as it is for now, let the pe's have their fun if they want to risk it running midfight or something.

edit: something else, letting the pe's use the glove drug free and spys drug up to it (read: 30 psi req) would give the pe's a little something they haven't got since losing stealth :)

Xer
15-02-05, 15:37
For being selfish, and my main char being a spy, i'm gonna say take the whole requirement away, (remember the MOVEON and PP chip have no reqs too) just to stirr things up ;)

Dribble Joy
15-02-05, 15:37
You'd have to put it down to req 25 for spies to use it drugged.
Not too bad an idea.

sultana
15-02-05, 15:39
You'd have to put it down to req 25 for spies to use it drugged.
Not too bad an idea.
Yeah, forgot about that, 25 req then :)

enigma_b17
15-02-05, 15:41
as long as pes dont get it its fine :P, although if u make it available to spies pes will be able to use it

Dribble Joy
15-02-05, 15:50
Slap a spy/monk only req on it? :p.

john irons
15-02-05, 15:55
remove the req.

if i do the chran epic on my tank what good is it to me?

either that or make it chran only with no psi requirement

enigma_b17
15-02-05, 15:56
Slap a spy/monk only req on it? :p.

well yea but thats goin to make the description a bit bulky ;)

To be honest it has always been my opinion that Epic Rewards should have no requirements what so ever, just as i hate the way ca pa has a stupid faction requirement lol. The only prob with that is, with this glove pe's would have a much better defence then tanks, which is just wrong :P

Original monk
15-02-05, 16:04
well, its made to be a monkglove i guess but i really wouldnt mind PE's using the glove ...

i was heavily against the use of stealth for PE's but i dont mind a pe using the gayaglove cause that 1 glove wont make em semi-ppu's all of the sudden :) whats the benefit ? they can cast some spells faster ? they get some more manna ? thats nice to optimize youre pe but not really worth the hassle i guess ..

for spy's its impossible to get to the glove anyway ... certainly not when they wonna be combateffective :)

if you really wonna do my spy a pleasure then you can remove the 95 psi req from the DS :) i wouldnt mind using a shelter witouth drugs and the PE's wouldnt mind the extra power they got from a ds (haz1, stronger blessed def etc) and ffcourse the possibility to use the glove witouth any drugs or whatever :)

not that that will ever happen but still :)

when im talking to much outta my ass you can tell me lol

(edit: dont make the glove chran only ... or i can start getting chransymp with 4 monks yawn)

(edit2: i voted: stay as it is: now that KK did give the monks a very nice present ya better dont change it cause that doesnt always mean the better hehe)

MkVenner
15-02-05, 16:19
I say let PEs use it easier, ive got one sitting in my cabinet collecting dust, nothing i need to use it to trade for, and no monks to use it on....

ok mebbe thats a little selfish a reason :p

netster
15-02-05, 16:24
psi req75 i would like to see .... because it should be monk only :p

Original monk
15-02-05, 16:25
I say let PEs use it easier, ive got one sitting in my cabinet collecting dust, nothing i need to use it to trade for, and no monks to use it on....

ok mebbe thats a little selfish a reason :p

nah :o

hehe

Dribble Joy
15-02-05, 16:28
The only prob with that is, with this glove pe's would have a much better defence then tanks, which is just wrong :P
It's only going to increase thier psu by 20, which isn't going to impact their defence much, other than maybe a few extra rof on their shelter or DB, nothing that powerful.

Besides, PE defence is allready higher than that of a tank, simply because of their shields.

Heavyporker
15-02-05, 16:30
Fer Crahn's sake.

It's a monk glove. Keep the PSI reqs, or increase it to 75.

Plus, there are epic weapons that have reqs.

MoveOn and PPR were expressly made for a wide range of classes. Why the heck would Crahn Sect care about non-Monks?

Anyways, if it's PSI 40 right now (haven't looked), then PEs that expressly spec for PSI can use it. Why they would do that, I don't know, but it's still within their reach.

enigma_b17
15-02-05, 16:35
It's only going to increase thier psu by 20, which isn't going to impact their defence much, other than maybe a few extra rof on their shelter or DB, nothing that powerful.

Besides, PE defence is allready higher than that of a tank, simply because of their shields.

:o, well i thought it was just about even, but if u say its better then i think we need to nerf the pes :D

Weazle
15-02-05, 17:21
If you want to remove Crahn glove requirements then I would suggest the CM epic start giving away weapons that are not cannons as well.

I think its fine the way it is ...... gives other classes some trading leverage for other items.

Ascension
15-02-05, 17:32
remove the req.

if i do the chran epic on my tank what good is it to me?

either that or make it chran only with no psi requirement
Kinda like me doing the CM epic on my Monk, what good is it to me?

Dribble Joy
15-02-05, 17:32
:o, well i thought it was just about even, but if u say its better then i think we need to nerf the pes :D
PE defence is higher than tank defence because tank offence is higher than PE offence.

I dislike faction only items, or at least faction only items that are of distinct use.
The CAPA is not the best armour around (not that's it's completely shit), it's more an RP thing, and I don't have any problem with RP items being faction only.
I would be tempted to say that camo PA should be CM only, but for what reason other than it looks mercy/cool? The copbot armour has a reason at least.

Bugs Gunny
15-02-05, 18:05
my pe's specced for using it, why.... because it lets me put nothing in psi use and all in hacking and wpl.

Also i have to drug up to get heat1 buff anyway, so i might as well use it.

Tostino
15-02-05, 18:11
You realise that a PE is under powerd atm? And that any 2 players with the same skill one on a Tank and the other on a non druged PE the tank will aloways win. So how are PEs over powerd??

Dribble Joy
15-02-05, 19:28
my pe's specced for using it, why.... because it lets me put nothing in psi use and all in hacking and wpl.

Also i have to drug up to get heat1 buff anyway, so i might as well use it.
BR3 > heat1 (for the vast majority of setups), and only 20 psu is not good.
With the tl 40 psi setup, you will need at least 36 psu to cap the freq on a tl3 heal.

You can't really boost PEs much if at all really, otherwise the druggers would be too powerful.
Anyway, PPUs are half the problem.

paolo escobar
15-02-05, 19:29
what a surprise dj wants the crahn glove for his pe 8|

will that be to go with the several cocktails and beers u drank last night while you was sucking at aiming like u always insist? :) lol

keep it for monks, yipes is nothing sacred anymore

Ministry
15-02-05, 19:51
well from the RP position of it, the monks wouldnt care about spies or PEs wanting to use it, it would be expressly made for monks(since even on the epic you get called a monk despite doing it on a non monk char :lol: )

additionally from a continuity sence 75 psi would be in line with the other epics.

El Jimben
15-02-05, 21:06
I don't see it's current requirements as a problem.

Thinking about it though, PE PA takes of PSI so wouldn't you have to be either:

A) PA less

B) On several drugs?

Dribble Joy
16-02-05, 01:53
what a surprise dj wants the crahn glove for his pe 8|

will that be to go with the several cocktails and beers u drank last night while you was sucking at aiming like u always insist? :) lol

keep it for monks, yipes is nothing sacred anymore
O_o

This is a poll, not a 'I want thread'.

That said said, yes, I would like to be able to use the glove on my PE, who wouldn't.

But I am working on something and this is a subject that may/may not come up and has been an idea/subject that has appeared in the past.
I wanted to gauge public opinion before I did anything, thus the numerous options, rather than 'Yes, gimme gimme' and 'No I am lame and like Phil Collins'.

You can use it with PA on, but you need two psi drugs (and that's with PAs 1-3.
It is currently an option for drugging Non PA PEs.

sultana
16-02-05, 04:53
MoveOn and PPR were expressly made for a wide range of classes. Why the heck would Crahn Sect care about non-Monks?
I'd doubt the Moveon was really meant for a "wide range of clases", I mean, whats a monk going to do with +6 hc/mc etc.

If anything pe's would benefit the least of all the classes if the req was removed. As people have said, all pe's would gain is higher pool (which would be at about 100 already) and an extra 2-3/min on their spells. Where as with spys and tanks, it would help them alot. Alot of tanks and spy setups have <50 mana pool, 50 mana would help them alot. The 20 psu is also great for tanks and spys, for tanks it means some less point specced in psu and into wep lore (though that's pointless now :rolleyes: ) So capped frequency on their tl 6 boost. And for spys, their int is always pretty scarce when they start speccing hacking or whatever.

Patrick Sherman
16-02-05, 12:08
MOVEON is for all HC\MC Charas, so if the Glove has a Psi rec give the MOVEON a Str. rec. 35 or 40 should be enough.

Freaky Fryd
16-02-05, 17:27
I was looking forward to using it on my spy since the crahn epic being a glove was just a rumor...

Selfishly, I vote remove the psi req so everyone can use it...
If not, raise it to 75 to put it in line with majority of main skill req items.

Scaramanga
16-02-05, 20:32
I'd say for RP reasons keep the glove as is or make it a 75 psi requirement. Like the man said, MOVEONs and PP resist cpus are made by mega corps who want everyone to use it, whereas the Crahn sect are more secretive and want to be in power. Hence, keeping the glove for their own kind and not wanting anyone other than a monk to use it. I know that PEs can use the glove at psi 35 with a nightspider and no PA but the drugs are still a nause if you have to take them all the while. Leave it as it is atm, PE's dont have stealth anymore so the glove's maybe giving them something back.

I'm basing the make it a 75 tl part on runners being skill rank 45 when they finish the epic so are more than likely able to use it at that point (monks that is).

Genty
16-02-05, 20:59
The only justifiable (sp??) way to remove the psi requirement from the glove would be to add a Crahn only requirement. Otherwise it would be a stupid decsion from Crahn.

[VP]Orion
16-02-05, 21:04
Easy, increase it to 75 to keep in line with all other epic rewards.

Original monk
16-02-05, 21:07
but its true what they said about the pe left a bit in the cold when they got stealth removed so it wouldnt be that bad to let em use it :)

natural or like it is now with 1 drug orso

chran only req would draw about every possible monk to chran i think :) the glove is worth it more then enough :) not to say its a godsgift and practically basic in any monksetup

boneybob
17-02-05, 15:51
I think it ought to be useable by every class seeing as it is an implant and the requirements should be lowered so other classes can use it. It wont give any other class than the Monks that much of a noticeable boost in APU/PPU output. It is primarily to benefit the monks needing to spend lots of potential skill points on a skill that might already be over 100 (that’s only an example of use), allowing for a more even distribution of skill points.
The Spy class for example might use a similar technique in that a spy character might fore-go the implants that give smaller increases and offer other benefits to go for implants that offer a larger boost in one attribute, because it allows the player to distribute a larger amount of skill points to other attributes if the skill is over 100.
The Psi glove ought to remain open to all classes and the requirements should be lowered at least for use by PEs (seeing as PEs are supposed to be good all rounders in RP and Skill base)

Obsidian X
17-02-05, 17:23
The Crahn glove is designed for monks only I'd wager. Ergo:

No PSI Requirement. CLASS=PSI Monk requirement. Easy.

Hot-Salsa
17-02-05, 18:39
why not make all epics faction req...just like CA epic...fixes all the problems...and it gets even for all factions.....

MkVenner
17-02-05, 18:40
why not make all epics faction req...just like CA epic...fixes all the problems...and it gets even for all factions.....

not really

Dre get an App, while PP get the PPR....hardly fair :p

enigma_b17
17-02-05, 19:56

because then ud ave every split across crahn/pp/bio :P

Tostino
17-02-05, 19:57
If they did that I would just quit. Almost all setups need a moveon or ppr or epic glove in to be good.

Preach
21-02-05, 15:56
I would love the glove to be Chran only. PE's dont need the glove at all, its better to be monk specific, The range of areas PE's could optimise themselves in would be to great compared to the limits of other classes. Stealth was to much and they took it away, if you give pe's a massive psi pool and ability to get excellent frequency on a blessed def it would be to much.

Ascension
21-02-05, 16:22
The only justifiable (sp??) way to remove the psi requirement from the glove would be to add a Crahn only requirement. Otherwise it would be a stupid decsion from Crahn.
Then anyone with half a brain would go crahn, just to get the advantage of the glove..

Tostino
21-02-05, 17:25
I would love the glove to be Chran only. PE's dont need the glove at all, its better to be monk specific, The range of areas PE's could optimise themselves in would be to great compared to the limits of other classes. Stealth was to much and they took it away, if you give pe's a massive psi pool and ability to get excellent frequency on a blessed def it would be to much.
Why? so they don't have to just stand still and get hit by everything that comes your way when trying to cast it, how is that over powering?. Every other class can move around when casting s(if they can cast it)/d. Hell even spys get a better freq then me on my shelter becuase they have 100 int and can put a hell of alot more psu in then a PE can. All it will do is let a PE get a extra 4-5/min on there spells and 50 extra pool.

Genty
21-02-05, 17:31
Then anyone with half a brain would go crahn, just to get the advantage of the glove..

Exacally, but why would the Crahn Sect release an item that can be used for all and give a good advantage? They are either going to only help their faction, or just monks.

SorkZmok
21-02-05, 17:36
Giving epic items faction only requirements might make sense but would kill balance and fuck over many people.
All my characters use epic items, my PE uses speeg gatlin, pp resistor, moveon, revellern and a crahn glove for example. What should i do with him?

[TgR]KILLER
21-02-05, 17:51
din't read all replies cause i gotta eat :p but i say let it as it is.. sure my PE would gets like 5 times as much mana pool as he got atm.. but what do i need that for ? its not that usefull for a PE imho..

just keep it as it is nothing wrong with it.. don't mess with stuff that aint broken ;)

edit @ kid. make all things faction only would not only screw up balance but also factions.. factions like dre would be more empty then they are.. hc users will be mercs.. monks will be crahn tradeskillers be FA.. wouldn't do the game any good at all imho.

Dribble Joy
21-02-05, 17:57
Some people think that +20 psu is going to somehow allow PEs to runcast their shileds and turn them into PPUs.
All it will do is add about 4 rpm tops to shelter and blessed def. this is not going to be enought to allow them to even walk cast these spells.
Besides, non PA PEs and meleers allready use it.

Tostino
21-02-05, 21:25
KILLER']hc users will be mercs..
Now how do you a setup for a Tank without a moveon/ppr if he is a merc? You need bolth in a Tank to be good so there would be almost no one that would play a tank with so much lower resists.

sultana
22-02-05, 06:11
Like I said before, it would help spy's alot more then it would help pe's ;)

SorkZmok
23-02-05, 14:10
Like I said before, it would help spy's alot more then it would help pe's ;)
You could use shelter without nightspider. And you could get away with less psu, what would give a small boost to a tradeskill. Not that big deal actually, as the extra psu you get wont change anything, its the same amount nightspider would give. And 2 or 3 drugs, no big deal for me.

The 50 stamina would be cool though, but i still think thats a bug. Whats with that actually? Is it intended to make monks lifes even easier? A bug? Did any KK member ever say something about that?

Dribble Joy
23-02-05, 15:28
You could use shelter without nightspider.
What? It doesn't give PSI.....

Jesterthegreat
23-02-05, 15:47

just what i was thinkin :p

tbh i like it as it is. if i wanted to use it on my PE i would have to risk nightspider running and me being unable to heal at all

SorkZmok
23-02-05, 17:09
Uh, forget what i said. I`ve been stupid again.
:lol:

xavulos
23-02-05, 18:05
i think it should be for PSI only because i think the story(crahn epik) says only PSI's could use it(or something like taht :p)or maybe i just got shitty memory :D

ROZZER187
23-02-05, 19:10
remove the requirements entirely, at the end of the day its an epic item, i also think that ca power armour should be available to all pro city runners now that we are playing blue vs red rpg

@ tostino, there was a time when pp and moveon weren't in game :p

Tostino
23-02-05, 19:22
Well they are in game now. And the game would be so fucked up if the epics were faction only.

ROZZER187
23-02-05, 19:28
Well they are in game now. And the game would be so fucked up if the epics were faction only.

agreed, but i think the ca pa should be open to all pro city and the req removed on the crahn glove.

some other epics need reworking imo. for example:

city mercs should have choice between cannon rifle pistol
tsunami already mentioned above. etc

you get the idea, some epics are only of use to a certain class, the crahn epic should stay a psi glove though and have the req removed from it. i know its monk item blah blah blah but a moveon and pp resistor are a tanks item imo and yet spies and pes use them sometimes even monks

sultana
24-02-05, 07:17
You could use shelter without nightspider. And you could get away with less psu, what would give a small boost to a tradeskill. Not that big deal actually, as the extra psu you get wont change anything, its the same amount nightspider would give. And 2 or 3 drugs, no big deal for me.

The 50 stamina would be cool though, but i still think thats a bug. Whats with that actually? Is it intended to make monks lifes even easier? A bug? Did any KK member ever say something about that?
I was talking about the extra 50 psi pool, I'm fairly sure my spy just breaks the 50 mark in her pool. Or something stupidly low like that.