PDA

View Full Version : Toning down the neccesity of ppus in PvP.

FaveriN
15-02-05, 14:43
Apologise if this has been mentioned before. Just wanted to throw out an idea which some might find agreeable. Of course, its just a suggestion, and i in no way think my wishes take precedence over that of the community, as a whole. Hopefully, we'll be able to arrive at a conclusion which we all will be pleased with.

Having played 2 capped ppus before, i have a special spot in my heart for 'em. However, even i feel that the dependence on ppus at OP wars is slightly blown out of proportion, and is contributing to the destruction of balance.

To combat this, my proposition is that outside of any zone in which folks get together to lvl, or to hunt for certain rares (For example, Mc5, DoY tunnels, Chaos Caves, Swamp Caves, etc.), the ppu shelter and deflector be made self-cast only. Meaning that the ppu will still serve its purpose in hunting/lvling regions, and his main role in OP wars or brawls will be providing primaries, sniffing out spies with TSS, and healing the wounded (naturally).

This will perhaps make the PE viable once more at an OP war, and all classes will be equally important. For example, spies and PEs will dish out damage and hack the OP, tanks will be solely on defense/offense, apus will be major damage dealers and antibuffers, and ppus will heal/provide primaries/put up TSS.

Regarding Para and dmb, ill have to think something out. Perhaps make it so that para causes the opponent to be unable to shoot for an extremely short period of time (since i once read where someone explained that para was supposed to enable the ppu to escape). Any ppu worth his salt doesnt really need it, but i leave that up to you.

Edit: Great. Mispelled 'necessity' in the title itself. Whatta retard. :/

Ministry
15-02-05, 15:11
i dont really see this solving much really.

plus they still have holy heal which is a major card in the ppu god giving powers.

id rather see the higher level heals toned rather than S & D self cast.

Dribble Joy
15-02-05, 15:15
Self cast only has been an idea that has been around for a while, and should not necessarily be limited to PvP.

The combat classes are pretty much balanced at their basic level (Ie. ignoring things like DB and stealth).
However when a PPU gets involved the offence/defence ratio of the different classes gets fucked up, especially with PEs, who gain little or nothing over their own shields (and actually loose defence if given a foreign holy def over a self casted blessed def).

Self cast shields would balance the classes a large degree, but it would still not stop the PPU dominance of PvP. Holy heal is, as mentioned, a major factor.

We have to find a way of limiting the PPUs use to that of equal to any other class, but without completely nerfing it (though any change that would fix PPUs would be a big one, and many people would see it as a nerf).

Notorious Fish
15-02-05, 15:15
I still dont understand why people think its unbalanced. I have killed a apu with a ppu before when i was alone. Beside EVERY games has their "ppu" and no one else complains. Only the people in NC....

Ozambabbaz
15-02-05, 15:17
self cast only = shelter, deflector, holy heal

nerf = foreign cast blessed heal by 15%, self cast holy heal by 30%

keep all group spells as they are

sultana
15-02-05, 15:28
self cast only = shelter, deflector, holy heal

nerf = foreign cast blessed heal by 15%, self cast holy heal by 30%

keep all group spells as they are
That's way too much nerfing, I would actually like to see holy heal increased by <something>% when on foreign cast, if shields become self cast only. About making OP wars less ppu dependent, thats all well and good, but I find having a ppu (as it is) is one of the only ways that smaller clans can actually fight vs. the larger ones.

Right now, I'd rather see parashock removed before any balancing of the ppu class goes. Remove para and I don't think having ppus as they are will be so bad :)

<-- Didn't vote as I'm not really for one or the other, if anything, leaning slightly towards disagree.

Dribble Joy
15-02-05, 15:35
[edit]

Bah, I see this thread getting flamey very fast as the people with ppus (the selfish ones anyway) and ppu butt-plugs start moaning about how they aren't unbalancing or overpowered.

I'm outta this thread, got a big brainport thread coming up, you'll get my ppu 'fix' then.

sultana
15-02-05, 15:38
The only thing I see as really "unbalancing" or "overpowering" at the moment is paralyse (Holy Para, Thunderbolt, etc.). Get rid of that first before you start working on the ppu is all I'm saying.

And it DOES give smallers clans a chance against larger ones, if you do have a good ppu on your side you'll always have the chance of winning.

enigma_b17
15-02-05, 15:42
a shurrup fav and ur anti ppuness, ull get oz started :P

Ozambabbaz
15-02-05, 15:51
I still dont understand why people think its unbalanced. I have killed a apu with a ppu before when i was alone. Beside EVERY games has their "ppu" and no one else complains. Only the people in NC....

NC is a unique blend of FPS (monks) and RPG style aiming (conventional weapons), there's many factors in this, not just "i hate any healer type class".
Impossible to compare NCs PvP dynamics to any other game when it's a bastard child.

That's way too much nerfing, I would actually like to see holy heal increased by <something>% when on foreign cast, if shields become self cast only.

PPUs would still have the group versions of shelter/deflector/heals

About making OP wars less ppu dependent, thats all well and good, but I find having a ppu (as it is) is one of the only ways that smaller clans can actually fight vs. the larger ones.

As u say urself, the keywords are "as it is". Downgrading PPUs ability to keep a single runner unscathed would reduce the Counterstrike tactics and force people to make tactical decisions and be more wary.

Right now, I'd rather see parashock removed before any balancing of the ppu class goes. Remove para and I don't think having ppus as they are will be so bad

Runspeed and aiming mechanisms will be more clear if Para is removed completely, for the long run if KK actually balances stuff, it will be better no doubt. If not, it's just shovelling more shit unto the fan :(

Glad to see some sensible responses from a PPU player nevertheless

enigma_b17
15-02-05, 15:57
a for gods sake, u see what i mean, never ever mention ppus, itll take like a week for oz to get over the ppu flaming lol

Runspeed and aiming mechanisms will be more clear if Para is removed completely, for the long run if KK actually balances stuff, it will be better no doubt. If not, it's just shovelling more shit unto the fan

this is the only thing i think is wrong :P, para needs to be either removed or changed
-remove that stupid mouse turning effect and decrease the para so that its noticable but doesnt effect u all that much. More like when u r slightly overloaded (ie gone from green to yellow or what not)

ino
15-02-05, 16:03
I play ppu alot and Im all for trying things out, self cast sheilds if that works and only rely on heal Im pretty sure a heal only wont keep alot of classes alive like some suggests. An Apu with only heal on is not that hard to kill without shelters and def. About changing the ppu it self it has to be tested first, the ppu looses his damage dealers isnt absolutley nessecary to kill just keep it away from ressurections and you will be fine just like it is now.

But never fucking ever make changes like this without the ability for people to try changes out on a test server first thats all Im saying. Im not very intrested in connecting one day and something is very very different, we have seen changes made before that was not so great and people react as they do.

Ozambabbaz
15-02-05, 16:19
a for gods sake, u see what i mean, never ever mention ppus, itll take like a week for oz to get over the ppu flaming lol

I like PPUs!

Perforated, poison-stacked and deleted plz :angel:

this is the only thing i think is wrong :P, para needs to be either removed or changed
-remove that stupid mouse turning effect and decrease the para so that its noticable but doesnt effect u all that much. More like when u r slightly overloaded (ie gone from green to yellow or what not)

That would indeed be a hindrance in itself, but removing Para is making it harder to kill monks as well. Monks = no runspeed nerf, no aiming penalty for running at full speed, point and click targetting and no direct LoS needed.

I play ppu alot and Im all for trying things out, self cast sheilds if that works and only rely on heal Im pretty sure a heal only wont keep alot of classes alive like some suggests. An Apu with only heal on is not that hard to kill without shelters and def.

Your usual monk with holy group S/D on still has resistances in the high 80%s

enigma_b17
15-02-05, 16:23
well honestly ill try anything, apart from removing holy heal. If it works go for it :P just give me an extra quickbelt lol

2nd Oz; it wouldnt be that much of a hindrance ud be moving at just slower then ur normal speed. Like i ave a char with 80 or so transport and it goes yellow when it hits 32 or somed, but i can still move pretty fast

FaveriN
15-02-05, 16:43
NoNo, you fiend!

You voted against me!

enigma_b17
15-02-05, 16:46
of course i did :P

there was no middle option, and cause i wub my shieldys so much i said yes :P

ino
15-02-05, 18:17
Ozzsomething :) Sure they might have high resistanse but it wont be that hard to knock off. Tanks can go a long time without shelters but I doubt spies and apus will be able to take 3 on 1 or more beating anymore with heal only.. have you seen an apu get antibuffed and attacked :) the heal might be good but wont save you if you dont play smart. And playing smart is never a bad thing, if you cant kill them then you need to practise.

Ministry
15-02-05, 19:59
Ozzsomething :) Sure they might have high resistanse but it wont be that hard to knock off. Tanks can go a long time without shelters but I doubt spies and apus will be able to take 3 on 1 or more beating anymore with heal only.. have you seen an apu get antibuffed and attacked :) the heal might be good but wont save you if you dont play smart. And playing smart is never a bad thing, if you cant kill them then you need to practise.maybe this would then be a good thing, it would perhaps introduce tactics.

like you say tanks can take more damage, they are front line fighters, while the spy depending on the setup would be long range.

the apus would be more mid range, they would have the tanks providing the sponge effect to keepthen free to anti buff/HL with minimal resistance.

rather than buff up run in keep firing kinda thing

in thery anyway

eprodigy
16-02-05, 01:59
my problem with ppus is that they throw any class balance out the window, suddenly both sides natural defense doesnt matter anymore - suddenly the only thing that matters is how much damage you throw out. thats where pe's get screwed i think.

think about apus, the idea is low defense high damage output, hey that sounds almost like some kind of balance. throw in a ppu and suddenly you have a class that has high defense and high damage.

classes arent balanced if both sides need a ppu to win... everyone needing one particular class to win a fight..

Jesterthegreat
16-02-05, 02:06
make shelter have a resist effect on heals like it does on other damage types....

Inchenzo
16-02-05, 02:20
if this would happen, hybrids would be the gods in the game again. so it's a bad idea

Ministry
16-02-05, 02:29
if this would happen, hybrids would be the gods in the game again. so it's a bad idea
that aint so bad an idea :D

nightwind
16-02-05, 03:28
i really done see the poing in nerfing ppus at all never did never will. I dont play a ppu so i dont know from there point of view but i rather leave them the way they are because some people like to be support based. it is not right that they get nerfed. if u nerf them all the ppus are going to go hyb. and then we will all be screwed totally.

nightwind
16-02-05, 03:37
classes arent balanced if both sides need a ppu to win... everyone needing one particular class to win a fight..
dude neocron is not balanced and it should not be. If all the classes were balanced then there would be no point in playing a game where any class can kill any other class at any given point in the game cause that make the game borring and no one wants to play a game that is borring!

P.S.- y have diffrent classes at all then, all u would need is 1 class in that sence. ppu's make the game flow alot better in my oppinion. i like having thoes 30 to 45 min op wars and the only reason we have them is because of ppu's.

sultana
16-02-05, 04:42
PPUs would still have the group versions of shelter/deflector/heals
I'd rather not shelter/deflect my enemies :rolleyes: Though having group stuff only stick when foreign casted isn't such a bad idea. The only thing is, group shelter/group def are two new spells I'd have to add to my belt (I'd much rather keep s/ding myself normally).

Hmm, I don't think the blessed hybrids would be the gods as much as apu based (hl + pe spells) would be. Imagine, it's been tested that self casted shields on a pe are nearly as good a foreign s/d from a ppu. So the hybrids s/d themselves, grab a psi 3 buff and they are the new "apus" you'll see at an op fight.

Though, remove para before you start balancing the rest of the ppu is what I'm sticking to :)

Dr Strange
16-02-05, 08:16
Disabling of anything PPU related just negates the class. People complain about holy para, yet there are plenty of items for other classes that can para as well. maybe not as good but still the option is there.

Want to make things better? Allow self cast spells and/or spells cast by those in a team to override foreign cast spells. It's sad people have to use a tl3 heal to take down a ppu. And yes, a fully capped all around ppu can be properly owned without need for low level buffing, if you can't do it without low level buffing then something is wrong with YOUR setup not the ppu abilities.

Dr Strange
16-02-05, 08:19
dude neocron is not balanced and it should not be. If all the classes were balanced then there would be no point in playing a game where any class can kill any other class at any given point in the game cause that make the game borring and no one wants to play a game that is borring!

Granted its a different game genre, look at Starcraft. 3 "character" classes, all 3 damn near perfectly balanced. Most people would argue its the best RTS game of all time, and STILL popular 8 years after its release.

Zheo
16-02-05, 08:57
[edit]

Bah, I see this thread getting flamey very fast as the people with ppus (the selfish ones anyway) and ppu butt-plugs start moaning about how they aren't unbalancing or overpowered.

I'm outta this thread, got a big brainport thread coming up, you'll get my ppu 'fix' then.

I gotta ppu DJ, personally i only really use him for leveling and bartering. And where or not I agree or not with this thread there is the bottom line.

KK wont change anything :) So live with ppus take anti shock and anti db drugs with you to op fights. And your own army of ppu's.

sultana
16-02-05, 09:07
Disabling of anything PPU related just negates the class. People complain about holy para, yet there are plenty of items for other classes that can para as well. maybe not as good but still the option is there.

The only thing I see as really "unbalancing" or "overpowering" at the moment is paralyse (Holy Para, Thunderbolt, etc.). Get rid of that first before you start working on the ppu is all I'm saying.
I wasn't only just speaking of Holy Para, I'm just using it as an example seeing as this thread is about ppu's. A capped thunderbolt will shock you more then a Holy Para will.

Want to make things better? Allow self cast spells and/or spells cast by those in a team to override foreign cast spells. It's sad people have to use a tl3 heal to take down a ppu. And yes, a fully capped all around ppu can be properly owned without need for low level buffing, if you can't do it without low level buffing then something is wrong with YOUR setup not the ppu abilities.
Weee, lets make ppu's even more invincible, the moment you s/d dropping, cast another one on top of them to overide it. Or the moment someon on your team's s/d is dropping you have 15 seconds to stick a new one on them before the old one runs out.

If you have another way of killing a ppu with 2 people I would love to hear it. Unlike some people, we don't feel the need to bring 3+ apus and a melee tank constantly using thunderbolt to bring down a ppu.

Nib Buffing is an aspect of being a ppu, if you don't want nib buffs in game your just being lazy on your ppu and don't want him/her to be killed.

sultana
16-02-05, 09:07

I wasn't only just speaking of Holy Para, I'm just using it as an example seeing as this thread is about ppu's. A capped thunderbolt will shock you more then a Holy Para will.

Weee, lets make ppu's even more invincible, the moment you s/d dropping, cast another one on top of them to overide it. Or the moment someone on your team's s/d is dropping you have 15 seconds to stick a new one on them before the old one runs out.

If you have another way of killing a ppu with 2 people I would love to hear it. Unlike some people, we don't feel the need to bring 3+ apus and a melee tank constantly using thunderbolt to bring down a ppu.

Nib Buffing is an aspect of being a ppu, if you don't want nib buffs in game your just being lazy on your ppu and want to make it even harder for someone to kill you.

naimex
16-02-05, 09:10
SD SelfCast in WarZones..

what was the conclusion last time ?

PEs will be the rulers of neocron then.

Op War :

PPU cant do much good, just give a few more skill points, and heal people..
APU will just get toasted within 10 seconds..
PEs are as they always were..
Donīt really know about spies..
Tanks are setup only..

and as most people that fight know...

a PE that knows how to use spells during a fight. which most of them do.. will just keep doing those spells, keeping themselves at decent health, whilst tanks just drop further and further down in health, apus will get torn apart in a few seconds because of libby, speedgun and whatnot, spies will be stealthing far far away and PPUs will now just be "Generals" running around shouting words to slightly enhance skill on a weapon, add a few more resist points, and then empty their psi pool 10 times a second keeping the entire team with heal, since thats all they really can do.

and then all of a sudden, the heals drop, the team dies, and the passive monk can stand around healing itself until all armor is broken to tiny bits and then fall dead, or run like hell, and most likely get killed at zoneline.

now...

I as many others have had my monk actually deleted my monk 5 times now, but look back in the mirror..

Theres been more monk nerfs than all the other classes COMBINED!

SO PLEASE STOP BLAMING THE MONKS AND FIND WAYS TO KILL THEM INSTEAD OF WAYS TO WHINE ABOUT THEM.

FaveriN
16-02-05, 12:27
I agree with Naimex and Dr Strange.

Thanks for your points, guys.

Xer
16-02-05, 12:52
Theres one thing people seem to forget about monks, which just stuns me each time someone bitches.
An APU is pure attack, no self defense, they can't sustain themselves in a battle.
A PPU is pure defence, no attacking powers, they can't deal any real damage and it's senseless pvping a PPU 1 on 1 because of this and his defence.
Now then, put them together and they're possibly the most powerful combo in the game, why? because it takes 2 people, 2 minds, 2 set skills and 2 devoted characters to work the way they should. True PPUs affect other characters in combat, but thats an added bonus rather than a necessity.
I can't think why people would be against the PPU class, (i'll admit para at the moment is too extreme in effect though, but thats only a small factor in PPUs) unless they think they're 'uber' and want to kill everything and ANYTHING in a 1 on 1 situation. Every class has it's ups and downs, i need not list them obviously.
In the end, if you think PPUs are too powerful... DONT FIGHT THEM!!! You see a group of enemy players with a PPU, think up some good tactics, get your own PPU, or turn tail and leg it!! You dont have to fight every battle you come accross and you certainly can't win every battle either. It's true that PPUs add a considerable advantage to any side using them, it's up to you to decide if you want to fight them because you feel capable, or run away, or get your own backup and think about things then.
Just my thoughts.

Original monk
16-02-05, 13:12
I as many others have had my monk actually deleted my monk 5 times now, but look back in the mirror..

Theres been more monk nerfs than all the other classes COMBINED!

SO PLEASE STOP BLAMING THE MONKS AND FIND WAYS TO KILL THEM INSTEAD OF WAYS TO WHINE ABOUT THEM.

*clap clap*

you tell em naimex !

more nerfs then all other classes combined !

PEOPLE, go find some other class to nerf, monks eat, drink and shit nerfs :p

Ozambabbaz
16-02-05, 13:31
Monks need nerfage, pure and simple.

PPUs in current state, kills tactics in any form, it's just strap-on and go CS script.

Why is balance not needed in this game again?

Original monk
16-02-05, 13:58
PPUs in current state, kills tactics in any form, it's just strap-on and go CS script.

well partly this is true yes, but as said before, if they nerf the ppumonks then blessed monks and PE's take over there role, so you mean you want a complete rework of everything that heals, shelters and deflects in general ?

gonna be some work yeah ... altough i like the system of monks how they are now ... compared to the early days that is .. if you call monks overpowerd now then you must be glad ya havent felt a parashock 2 years ago :) (where glued meant PATTEX SUPERGLUED, ya know the one that you can hang upside down on a ceiling with ? and when antishockdope didnt exist)

foreign cast is allready nerfed also 50% o.O ...

the psicore and ds got there stats lowered ..

i dont even start what they did to hybrids with the fooling around with nerfpercentages and later on the apu/ppu requests on spells :/

the S/D selfcast only is pure bollocks in my opinion .. asked before and the warzone thingie is practically the same .. then they better wipe ppu's (wich they wont cause MJS likes he's ppu to much :P)

edit: btw iggy, alot of thanx again for the infoz while i was doing the biotech epic :)

Bugs Gunny
16-02-05, 14:10
Kill the monks !!!

Oh shit, i can't say that now i'm in crahn .... oops :-)

Ozambabbaz
16-02-05, 16:18
i can't for the life of me, see how S/D self-cast only while not altering group spells would be the end of the PPU and mark the reign of PEs :confused:

For one thing, this would actually make group versions do something, and it would definately cut the apu/tank to ppu ratio down alot, there wouldn't be a real incentive for clans to go to an op war with half of their peeps as PPUs

it would however make the PE more desireable to have on your side in an OP war, since they can shield the buff zone and give cover for the APUs.

shit, i'd even want foreign cast booster spells cut down to half duration :D

@og monk your most welcome, hope you stay in the faction tho :angel:

SorkZmok
16-02-05, 16:26
Remove parashock.
Nerf foreigncast heal.
Then wait and pray.

Theres also another opinion, making PPUs stronger again, like halving holy heal but doubling the duration, increasing s/d duration and lowering rezz time so people wont need that many PPUs anymore. But i hate that idea. Wont solve shit cause more PPUS means youre even more invincible. oO_

Ministry
16-02-05, 17:14
Kill the monks !!!

Oh shit, i can't say that now i'm in crahn .... oops :-)
lol youll be allied killed by crahn with comments like that :p

as for the comment saying that if you nerfed ppus blessed hybs and pes would take over, maybe they would be the new buffer classes, but a blessed shielded char or a pe buffed char can be taken down hell of a lot easier than a holy buffed one.

tho there still has to be a point for ppus to exist(personally they should just of balanced hybrids originally and never brought pures into it)other wise noone would play one and they are ment to be a playable class.

Switch-Blade
18-02-05, 18:03
Would liked to of contributed to this thread however too many people can only flame so any thing I add would seem biased as I have a ppu,

Only thing I will say is :- A highly skilled person of any class can make that class seem overpowered, and the unskilled person of any class comes on the forums and complains about how the other classes are overpowered. :wtf:

ROZZER187
18-02-05, 23:01

shhh dont say that :lol:

the thread is about ppu's not been as important to op wars as we all make them out to be, sure they can be a pain in the arse and alot of people say that the clan with the most ppu's wins.....tbh im not arsed whether this is true or not, i think ppu's make the fight last much longer.

i like it how it is but i guess other people dont :D

if the ppu is given a less important role(OR NERFED) in an op war then the fights wont last as long as they do.

unless the whin0rs are right and the clan with the most ppu's does win keep em as they are imo.

a few people in this thread and many others have asked for holy heal/shelter and def to be nerfed, maybe its just me but how would this help you when it comes to getting those mc5 parts??

Bozz-Von Mel
18-02-05, 23:06
Maybe bump the PSI powers of all other classes up a bit ? Make people less dependent on PPU, but dont harm monks anymore. Make resist PSI work ? Whatever that means. :confused:

imper1um
18-02-05, 23:17
I haven't been here long, but I know what a PPU and all this crap is. The major thing that I see behind alot of this stuff is speed.

I actually think that Concentration should have another secondary skill: Discipline. DIS would be something that would be needed to keep casting the spell and speed up the speed at which PSI can be casted.

To make things in perspective, a PSI skill (no certain one) would take 30 seconds to cast, base value. With no discipline, enough damage could be caused to distract the PSI user and the skill would be interrupted, not cast. No PSI would be used, just the person would have to start over from the beginning.

The next thing is lasting time. Right now, PSI users can cast as fast as they can click the mouse + 2 seconds. PSI skills should be unable to be used in rapid succession. After you cast a PSI skill, you should have to wait a certain time before you can even start casting it again.

Another thing is failure. Currently, helping skills will have 100% success, as long as the skill is able to be used. If you PSI Help someone, 100% of the time, it will cast. I believe that this should be a random value that it fails, judged by none other than Discipline. Like a 20% failure value. 80% of the time, the PSI skill will work, 20% of the time, it will just fizzile and die. Discipline will reduce the % that it will fail. If you are casting a PSI agressive skill, then there will be two checks: The first is the fizzle out fail value, the second is the PSI resist value. So, if you have a 20% Fizzle out value, 80% of ur PSI skills will work, and out of those 80%, the skill of resist PSI for the enemy will determine how much doesn't make it.

Just my $.02

TRC out

ROZZER187
19-02-05, 15:49
Maybe bump the PSI powers of all other classes up a bit ? Make people less dependent on PPU, but dont harm monks anymore. Make resist PSI work ? Whatever that means. :confused:

would be a start i guess, but i dont like the idea of making resist psi work tbh,
i dont have a monk anymore but i have played a capped apu and ppu, and it wouldn't be much good for a monk having to spec points into 4 skills instead of just 3, the cap on spells would need to be lowered in order for this to work.....but then again it would cut down on hybrids and hl wouldn't rip you to bits either :lol:

thats it ive made my mind up, make resist psi work lol (just kidding btw)

i like the idea of the other classes getting psi skill raised, im sure other people wont though lol.

nice idea :D

enigma_b17
19-02-05, 16:34
for gods sake, ppus are fine apart from the parashock issue leave em alone lol

trigger hurt
19-02-05, 16:48

That's because the "ppu" in other games can't keep himself alive. It takes teamwork by everyone to protect the healing while he protects them.

PPU's unbalance pvp in NC....

Take a PE for example. Closest thing to a ppu when no ppu is around. If he meets up with anyone 1v1, he can level the playing feild simply by buffing himself. It won't make him do tons of damage, but he'll be able to take more punishment with his buffs on.

Now, throw a ppu into the equation, fighting against the PE. The PE's buffs are nullified now because the ppu has more powerful buffs that are being cast on the guy the pe is fighting. If he's a shit ppu, he'll miss once and a while. If he's a good ppu, you won't kill the guy fighting against you.

Add in that para/damage allows a ppu to effectivly stop one character from being able to fight effectivly and voila...you're overpowered.

enigma_b17
19-02-05, 17:01
not taking into account the para, its still a 2v1 situation, chances are the pe would loose anyway :/, of course if its good enough it might not :P. But simply because a certain class cant beat another class with a ppu around is no reason to request more feckin nerfs

jernau
19-02-05, 20:23
I want PPUs fixed as much as anyone. I'm sick of them being the way they are and this is one way (that's been proposed many times before) to address the issue but I'm not going to go over it again.

What I will say is that BEFORE anything this drastic is done two other things must be in place :
1) A new role for PPUs - something they can do SOLO and which gives good XP and cash
2) Major redesign of almost all high-level content because as things stand it's all designed for PPU-based teams.

If these things aren't DONE before any other changes (ie not promised in the following patch) then PPUs cannot be fixed, regardless of the method used to fix them.

Scaramanga
20-02-05, 03:47
make shelter have a resist effect on heals like it does on other damage types....

This makes perfect sense, not sure about the degree to which the shelter should prevent healing though.
Also would it be too much of a nerf if DB counted to faction sympathy and soul light loss?

[TgR]KILLER
20-02-05, 06:03
i'd disagree.. just for the reason i use cyc OP zone to hunt fire mobs all the time with my ppu.. and apu's without shelter are dead there..

Scaramanga
20-02-05, 17:48

This makes perfect sense.
Also would it be too much of a nerf if db counted to SL and fsm loss like other attacks?

[apologies for making second post but i didnt quote proper in first one]