PDA

View Full Version : Termination of the Neocron 1 to Neocron 2 Account Upgrade Offer

Thanatos
14-02-05, 18:47
As a courtesy to our Neocron 1 customers, we have been offering the possibility to upgrade Neocron 1 accounts to Neocron 2 accounts since the launch of Neocron 2. Even though we announced that this offer would expire on January 1 2005, it is currently still available. However, we will have to terminate the upgrade offer this Friday, February 18. From that day on, it will no longer be possible to transfer Neocron 1 accounts (and the characters on those accounts) to Neocron 2.

In case you still have Neocron 1 accounts that you want transfered to Neocron 2, you will have to do so before February 18. We apologize for the relatively short notice, but it has to be done by Friday.
Neocron 1 characters that have not been transferred yet, but are on an already upgraded account, will remain transferable for some more time.

UPDATE:
We are working on a system to transfer Neocron 1 characters to newly created Neocron 2 accounts. This will allow users, that have so far been unable to use the account upgrade option, to transfer their Neocron 1 characters once they have their Neocron 2 accounts sorted out. Until we can automate this system, the support department will attempt to manually transfer NC1 characters to NC2 accounts.

::::Edit::::

To make things go a little smoother please provide the following information when emailing us:

NC1 Account Name
NC2 Account Name

Please list the following information for each character you wish to transfer:

NC1 Character Name
NC1 Server Name
NC2 Server You wish the character to be transfered to
Choice 1 NC2 Name you wish your character to have
Choice 2 In case the first is taken
Choice 3 In case both the first and third are taken

*If you cannot prove you are the owner of the NC1 account you wish to tie to the NC2 account we will be unable to transfer the characters.

Ascension
14-02-05, 19:00
*Gasp* oh wait, good job I got my chars I want :p

Xylaz
14-02-05, 19:01
mmm, sounds to me like the (official?) beggining of an end...

naimex
14-02-05, 19:04
mmm, sounds to me like the (official?) beggining of an end...

only the official beginning of the end of the first era....

there is currently a second era running you know....

Obsidian X
14-02-05, 19:07
Does this mean the NC1 servers are going bye bye?

*coughs* Make them into a Test Server :angel:

Skusty
14-02-05, 19:40
I upgreaded to nc2 as soon it was possible

Eddie
14-02-05, 19:48
Neocron 1 characters that have not been transferred yet, but are on an already upgraded account, will remain transferable for some more time.

Just a quick clarification if at all possible - I have upgraded my NC1 account into a NC2 one, but have not transferred my character into NC2, as I'm (trying) to hold out for a single-slot server.

If I've read this correctly, it means that my character will be safe for some time yet (any idea for how long)?

Also, does it change anything if my current account is cancelled?

One last thing come to think of it - what about those people who have had NC1 accounts, and are holding out for a international release/boxed edition before upgrading? Won't they get shafted?

Cheers,

Eddie

Crazy Russian
14-02-05, 19:58
yeah they getting shafted...so bad

Agent L
14-02-05, 20:05
uhm, so ppl like a friend of mine has 4 days to resolve problems that click2pay was unable to resolve since nc2 release?
As he said: very fucking funny...

Seven
14-02-05, 20:05
Does this mean the NC1 servers are going bye bye?

*coughs* Make them into a Test Server :angel:

Since the deadline is so soon, (this Friday) I would imagine they may want to use some of the old hardware/space to improve the current situation. *shrugs*

Tratos
14-02-05, 20:09
yeah its pretty crappy for those who have C2P issues and/or cant download the client but is this is the begginning of community side preperations for the int release?

Tostino
14-02-05, 21:17
That's fucked up... I transferd all my chars but there are still ppl that cant upgrade becuase of c2p not leting them and then not being able to upgrade with PBC.

-Demon-
14-02-05, 21:33
LoL...Well KK nice plan there..unless you get PBC to upgrade accounts by tomorrow you have lost alot of people who are stuck either by not having a credit card or C2P simply refuses to serve them.

I swear to god which business school did KK/10atacle goto? Sure don't want to send my kids there.

Then again I didn't expect anything less from you KK...lol.

Lexxuk
14-02-05, 22:09
I would tend to have to agree that this is an ill concieved idea. International release has not yet occured, yet you are effectivly saying to the International community "screw you, you can all start as newbs when we release the game for you". It does rule out people on 56k modems who cannot download the game, people unable to play due to C2P being run by George W Bush, people unable to play due to PBC not offering an upgrade option, in fact lots of people currently unable to play.

In the sidelines you will have old time players who *want* to play, to get their old chars back and start partying, but currently cannot, they cant post on the forums either, this announcement will probably move these players on as they will have no reason to continue waiting, starting as a 0/2 isnt really *fun* its a chore.

The deadline for deleting NC1 chars should be put after the release of the International version, if you want a server to store the stuff on, you can buy the Wish one on Ebay ;)

Jaffo
14-02-05, 22:39
and this is why no-one plays nc ne more

so glad im not paying these silly german idiots ne more

also they wanna use the old hardware to solve the current problems? LOL imho that hardware was shit and will do more harm than good

nc is dying a slow and painfull death cause its run by idiots

bring back nc1

nc1 > nc2 dr nick rules

TWOK
14-02-05, 22:43
Just to add to the point made numerous times already, please take notice as it's a big deal.
Don't go through with this while some people are in C2P/PBC limbo..that would be extremely rude to loyal customers :mad:

Dribble Joy
14-02-05, 22:47
I thought that KK said that characters would be safe after 1st of January?
That there was going to to be no removal of those characters for the forseeable future.

I would have thought thet this would be announced after c2p/pbc issues are resolved and with more than 4 days notice. A month would be a better dead line.

I imagine this is a decision from the top/10T.
KK were probably loosing cash hand over fist by keeping the NC1 servers open with virtually noone on them.
Even so, this is a bit harsh.

Would it be possible to save the snapshot on a separate server/DB and then shutdown the NC1 servers?

Jaffo
14-02-05, 22:52
[QUOTE=Dribble Joy]I thought that KK said that characters would be safe after 1st of January?
QUOTE]

kk say alot of things....

wheres the zoo?
wheres the item tracker?
wheres everything else they said would be done?

[ edited ]

naimex
14-02-05, 23:01
[QUOTE=Dribble Joy]I thought that KK said that characters would be safe after 1st of January?
QUOTE]

kk say alot of things....

wheres the zoo?
wheres the item tracker?
wheres everything else they said would be done?

[ edited ]

The zoo is there, the doors just closed still, everything else is ready, kind of like wargames and those places.

Dribble Joy
14-02-05, 23:21
A rumour appeared a while back saying that all chars would be deleted/irretrievable by 1st Jan 2005.
Numerous times we asked and KK said that the char data (nothing about the servers themselves) would not be deleted then or for a considerable time after.

Considering the situation with c2p and pbc, this is a really bad move.
Even if the payment stuff was fine, I would give at LEAST a month for people to move theri chars over.

Eddie
15-02-05, 00:14
Would it be possible to save the snapshot on a separate server/DB and then shutdown the NC1 servers?

I was under the impression that such a snapshot was taken a long, long time ago?

So even if you had developed your NC1 characters after that snapshot, if you were to upgrade and transfer your character, it would only be what you were like back then.

Which raises other questions - why would you want to drive away loyal customers who are holding out to come back - especially if a snapshot was already taken - regardless of whether the NC1 servers are shutting down or not?

Or have I completely got the wrong end of the stick here?

Eddie

Dribble Joy
15-02-05, 00:19
I can only assume that the data for that snapshot is kept on the NC1 servers. If it were moved (if possible) then they could shut down NC1 (saving shitloads) and keep the old players happy.

Ministry
15-02-05, 01:43
The zoo is there, the doors just closed still, everything else is ready, kind of like wargames and those places.
so for all intense purposes they may as well not be there

imAchair
15-02-05, 02:19
*transfers other chars quick to french and german server*

garyu69
15-02-05, 02:52
So as of Friday 18th no more upgrades of NC1 accounts to NC2.
Just curious myself what the reasoning is? Does that mean NC1 servers are being closed?

I personally think a lot of people who may have come back will now have had their mind made up to not come back :(

Dribble Joy
15-02-05, 02:56
Number one. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1763034#post1763034)

Jesterthegreat
15-02-05, 03:09
Number one. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1763034#post1763034)

if your going to post every leaving thread this causes... i fear your post count will grow significantly.

stupid idea.

so many things stopping people from upgrading, even if they wanted to... so you remove the upgrade option?

words cant express how idiotic that is.

however... unexpected though it may be... its no suprise :rolleyes:

landofcake
15-02-05, 03:28
Well, that wasn't very clever was it ?

Jesterthegreat
15-02-05, 03:32
Well, that wasn't very clever was it ?

im tryin to think back to the last really good idea i heard from kk...

the kill a GM thing im not sure on... we'll see how it panns out... the PBC thing was useless to alot of people as they cant upgrade (and wont be able to now)... the item dist system simply doesnt work with a small population... loads of piccies being shows but more and more of us are noticing the lack of anything being added...

hell the stickies for the last patch arent even onthe first page anymore 8|

Mr Kot
15-02-05, 03:50
I have to agree with the majority of posts on this thread.

While i accept that all limited offers must come to an end, this is VERY bad timing.

We apologize for the relatively short notice, but it has to be done by Friday.
What's the urgency here? What's happening on Friday?

Sineater
15-02-05, 03:52
so lets see if ive got this straight

>>IF<< we can pay via C2P we then pay extra for a game with an ever increasing buglist and missing or buggy Items.

If you have to use PBC you still have to get past C2P to create a new account or upgrade an old account anywhay.

and now all those people who have been trying to upgrade are now being told forget it you gunna lose your characters anywhay no more upgrades. start a new account

O_o and were wondering why people are leaving the game???

The only reason im still playing is because of the friends i team with, but even thats wearing thin when every 1/4 to 1/2 hr someone has to relog from a crash or a bug.

landofcake
15-02-05, 04:23
No point logging on currently due to the compound of:

1: World of Warcraft
2: Green models on my heading meaning i can't really see much
3: Login bugs all the bloody time
4: 90% of clan playing World of Warcraft
5: Ally Killing
6: Not a great deal to do other than:

- Neofrag
- Hunting for techs
- Leveling (difficult without the clan/people to play with)

oh, and i almost forgot:

7: Fear of rollback

Seven
15-02-05, 05:38
im trying to think back to the last really good idea i heard from kk...

Making Nid the community liaison.

the item dist system simply doesnt work with a small population

And that pisses me off to no end because, hate to say it, but I told ya's so in closed beta, that with low server pops it wouldn't work without player shops and I got flamed for posting off topic because the thread was about designing the new item distribution system. :rolleyes:

I also went on to say that releasing the game in it's current state was going to piss people off to the point where they start ganking people before they cancel their accounts.
First on the forums and then in-game.
And this is the state of things currently. Many others agreed with me as the beta went on.

Am I posting this to say we told you so and stick it in KK's face? No, I'm not.

My point being that anybody with an ounce of good old common sense could have seen this coming.
OK, maybe KK's decision makers were under a lot of pressure and couldn't see through the fog that obviously plagues the Mansion on a daily basis, but that's why they had us beta testing and talking over the item distribution system and how player shops where a necessity!

And now, another brilliant decision to shy away even more people.

I hope we get all these new accounts that KK is going to need to keep this game running, because from the looks of things, it would seem they're counting on new people and to hell with the ones who stood by them all this time.

It's truly sad to see that IMHO. :(

I love this game, I love the community (even though we flame each other here and there), we are still a damn good group and KK should hope they get new customers that are half as loyal as we are/have been!

And to think of all the money I gave out and weapons I built and gave away to new people just to see them quit weeks later out of frustration.
What a waste! :(

Dribble Joy
15-02-05, 10:18
I'm not going to post every leaving thread resulting from this, that's just daft.
Just pointing out that news of this has moved quick and allready causing yet more people to go.

Regarding PBC and stuff:
When I moved my chars over, I created a new account that I then tied to my old one, no faffing around with upgrading.
Surely it doesn't matter whether you have c2p or PBC, you can move your chars to a new account?

Leebzie
15-02-05, 10:49
Oh. My. God.

Why another object to make it harder to play. I nearly tore my own head off yesterday I was so frustrated playing, (ask the people on OOC, I turned into a right whining bitch) seeing as all my money had been taken - not being able to buy ammo/afford GR's after having millions on NC1 is frustrating enough, then theres the fact epics and several valuable items had to be left, its a pretty poor situation as it stood if you asked me.

Could a KK please justify this decision. imho, its another completely stupid move, WHY are you doing it ?

(*this is about why your doing it : A. before everyone from NC1 is aboard NC2, and B. with such short notice)

-Demon-
15-02-05, 11:00
Niddy if your new job is worth any salt..fight for the people without a voice in this, the people sat in limbo and no voice on these forums yet want to play.

I would love to know why the short notice on this quite important bit of information.

Capt. Rik
15-02-05, 11:54
Making Nid the community liaison.

And that pisses me off to no end because, hate to say it, but I told ya's so in closed beta, that with low server pops it wouldn't work without player shops and I got flamed for posting off topic because the thread was about designing the new item distribution system. :rolleyes:

I also went on to say that releasing the game in it's current state was going to piss people off to the point where they start ganking people before they cancel their accounts.
First on the forums and then in-game.
And this is the state of things currently. Many others agreed with me as the beta went on.

Am I posting this to say we told you so and stick it in KK's face? No, I'm not.

My point being that anybody with an ounce of good old common sense could have seen this coming.
OK, maybe KK's decision makers were under a lot of pressure and couldn't see through the fog that obviously plagues the Mansion on a daily basis, but that's why they had us beta testing and talking over the item distribution system and how player shops where a necessity!

And now, another brilliant decision to shy away even more people.

I hope we get all these new accounts that KK is going to need to keep this game running, because from the looks of things, it would seem they're counting on new people and to hell with the ones who stood by them all this time.

It's truly sad to see that IMHO. :(

I love this game, I love the community (even though we flame each other here and there), we are still a damn good group and KK should hope they get new customers that are half as loyal as we are/have been!

And to think of all the money I gave out and weapons I built and gave away to new people just to see them quit weeks later out of frustration.
What a waste! :(

Amen dude, that summed it up perfectly.

Ascension
15-02-05, 12:37
Suicidal! you cant upgrade with PBC and only with C2P - but people have trouble with C2P and so have 3 days to try and resolve the issues! How many people..hmm lets see!

Anywho, you guys know best.. so why am I wasting my time? :o

Mr Kot
15-02-05, 14:00
I have to agree with the majority of posts on this thread.

While i accept that all limited offers must come to an end, this is VERY bad timing.
Methinks i need to edit that post; i was rather tired at the time and not thinking straight.

The reduced price for the one off NC2 game licence fee for NC1 account holders was indeed a limited offer and has to end sometime. I have no problem with that.

Now the character transfer..... why can't that be indefinite? A person buying NC2 in a shop one or two years from now would obviously pay full price for the game, but why won't they be able to transfer their 3-year-old NC1 char to that game?

There is no financial cost to KK to continue to allow the character transfer process indefinitely, so can someone explain why this will end eventually?

Capt. Rik
15-02-05, 14:12
Methinks i need to edit that post; i was rather tired at the time and not thinking straight.

The reduced price for the one off NC2 game licence fee for NC1 account holders was indeed a limited offer and has to end sometime. I have no problem with that.

Now the character transfer..... why can't that be indefinite? A person buying NC2 in a shop one or two years from now would obviously pay full price for the game, but why won't they be able to transfer their 3-year-old NC1 char to that game?

There is no financial cost to KK to continue to allow the character transfer process indefinitely, so can someone explain why this will end eventually?

The cost are in storage of the character database snapshot. I have no idea how this is currently stored so it's just a best guess. Plus also the cost of maintaining and supporting people transferring charcters over

Xiphias
15-02-05, 14:16
so, let me get this straight.

Your near enough forcing people to upgrade their accounts for a possible comeback to game that is;

1) Incomplete
2) For the "international" community, a server that is broken.

Also, for those that can't upgrade their accounts due to a payment company YOU employed that can not due their job properly due to (insert reason here).
Your are also in essence forcing people to choose between games like WoW and Neocron, WoW is more stable, interesting and is new, Whereas Neocron is bascially fucked.

All am gonna say in response is, lol.

-Demon-
15-02-05, 16:39
Still no reply from KK...I see the wall of silence is up again...just like with item wipes and the empty promises as per norm business practices for them.

enigma_b17
15-02-05, 16:45
can i do my thesis on u kk? ud be the perfect example of how to not treat ur customers lol

hegemon
15-02-05, 18:20
This post is broken up into three different sections to explicitly mark that I'm presenting three different ideas here that are more or less independent. So while you might dislike one of those ideas, it doesn't necessarily mean that the other ones are wrong or bad (although I reserve the right to be completly wrong in everything I say). Yes, the last section is controversial, that's why it's last so that you can completly ignore everything else I said and just protest the last sentence.

------ Section 1 ------

I'm pretty sure that there are good technical reasons for this decision. The data structures for NC1 are most likely different from the data structures for NC2 and furthermore, I'm pretty sure that the data structures for NC2 with item tracking will be different once again. While maintaining compatibility with older data formats is almost always possible in software, it gets very cumbersome after a while and not worth the effort.

An educated guess is that the reason why this current patch is so much delayed (and it has been announced as almost ready for a few weeks now) is because the famous One Last Bug that the developers are unable to track down. They just found that is lies somewhere in the character transfer code. And instead of wasting yet another month on tracking it down they just decided to amputate the whole thing. Another educated guess is that the character corruptions we've been seeing on Terra are caused by transfers, since transfers are the largest databse operations done while being the least used which also implies that it's the least tested.

------ Section 2 ------

So while it may seem that this is bad customer service for some people, it might be very good customer service if you look at the big picture. The problem is that KK treats us as passive consumers and gives us a press release. Press releases work iff the intended audience of the press release can't discuss it, so issuing a press release on a forum where it can be discussed is a bad move. By the very nature of forums, their participants are not passive receivers, but engaged in a conversation and issuing press releases introduces distortions into the rythm of the conversation. What I'm trying to say is that a better idea for KK would be to issue the press releases in the client loader only and not mention them officially on the forums (which won't work unless all threads discussing the press releases are quickly closed), or to actually engage in a conversation with the community and besides stating a decision, also give us some background information to why such a decision was made and explain the feelings and reasonings behind it.

The reasoning above is not my own (although I've had some of those ideas myself for a while, but not structured). I just apply the reasoning behind The cluetrain manifesto (http://www.cluetrain.com/), which while being very pompous and pretentious, also accuretely explains why there are so many nasty clashes between companies attempting to do business online and their customers. KK, read the book, dammit.

------ Section 3 ------

I think this is a good decision. The only thing I see that the transfers has caused is an endless stream of whiners on all chats that complain about "loosing" all their money, being "forced" to do the epics again and endlessly crying about shops that have disappeared and moved. The whole transfer thing was a bad idea and I suspect KK realized this and are putting a stop to it. When someone starts a new character he must learn that things have changed and accept the new environment. Geriatrics who whine about things being better before are bad for the community. Getting rid of them is a great service.

Leebzie
15-02-05, 19:03
Hegemon, On 2 of your points

Section 1 - Yes , I can believe there is a very legitimate reason for doing it. But it SHOULD NOT have been done with a few days notice. Does the community feel we should cast out all the members who cant get on cause of C2P (not our fault we have to use it) ?

Those problems need sorting FIRST.

Section 2 - May I enquire if you played NC1, and for how long ?

If you did you've obviously got a lot of time on your hands to go about doing things you've done before, getting things you technically already had, and a lot of patience seeing as it gets monotonous doing it *again* (first time = ok) Losing a year and a half's worth of work was NOT going to have me, or several other members of the community saying 'oh well, ok then'. It was damn frustrating and I dont see why It was done to such an extent. (I can understand techincal reasons for having to do it to 'an extent', I think it was too harsh though) - 10X the money that was given and a gogo full of items would have been fine, I wasnt asking for everything I owned, but I feel ive lost a lot of the work I put in and that's extremly irritating, and has taken a lot of my 'identity' in neocron. Ive even gone out and done epics again without complaining I had to.

If you threw out everyone who whined about something in neocron, sure you'd have no more people being 'bad' for the community, but then you would hardly have a community at all anyway.

I feel the notice and the decision is unfair, and im not even on the recieving end of this and I can see how wrong this is. I still await a reply from a KK as the official reasoning behind this, without them telling us why, how can we know if its a just decision ?

Nidhogg
15-02-05, 19:31
Unfortunately I can't give you any new information, justification or possible resolution atm so this post really only serves as a marker to show that we're not just hiding our heads in the sand. I will make a statement though, just as soon as I have something tangible as we're still working out the ramifications. Sorry I can't tell you more at the present time.

N

darkservent
15-02-05, 19:33
I think this decision is just retarded. I mean does the upgrade cost them extra cost to manage I wouldnt think so. Secondly C2P Shafted me and I also cannot afford NC but I'm already upgraded to NC2, I would like to know if my NC1 Chars are safe even though my accounts are somewhat in suspended/cancelled state. IF KK COULD PLZ CLARIFY THIS IT WOULD BE GREAT.

P.S. Got 2 job interviews comin soon so if I get a job I'll be back. :D :D :D :D

Leebzie
15-02-05, 20:24
we're not just hiding our heads in the sand. I will make a statement though

Glad to hear that, Ill be watching out for it.

Jesterthegreat
15-02-05, 22:08
not only is this idiotic because some people dont wat to upgrade yet...

but as people who wish to upgrade via PBC have to wait out their current worldpay contract before upgrading this is effectively rendering their accounts worthless.

and point concieded... nid as community guy was a good move, even if he cant give us info (like now) he at least tells us and says hes workin on it. which beats silence :)

Lincoln
16-02-05, 05:07
If the problem does stem from the fact that you need the NC1 servers for NC2, then I have a very simple solution.

Every Saturday, the junkyard at my town dump is opened for the public. People can drop crap off and pick shit up. On any given Saturday, I can pick up at least 100GB of storage space in old computers. Now, even if, for some odd reason the snapshot of the NC1 server takes up a few tera-bytes (wouldn't surprise me, knowing you guys) it's still possible to get enough space for little to no Euros in a short period of time. Just have all your employees go down to their respective "waste transfer stations" (a.k.a.: landfills*, shit-dumps, lakes) and grab as much old computing equipment as their stumpy little fingers can grab. Have 'em express mail them to you, wire 'em into your network and move the snapshot.

. . .just don't tell the players where their character data is stored.

Eureeeeeeeeeeeeka?

*If 75% of the world is covered with water, why do we throw our shit out on land?
The ocean is the world's landfill, why can't humans take a hint?

Sammson
16-02-05, 05:46
Can you at least tell us if we'll get that "current pbc customers' option to import NC1 chars" that was being looked into? Just so we can get on with it....

16-02-05, 13:21
I'd love to transfer my remaining characters.....

...unfortunately your bloody transfer tool insists on trying to turn them all into Male Psi Monks (which none of them are) and support dont bother to reply to my emails anymore (having claimed once that this was actually fixed)!!!!!!!

Looks like I wont be coming back every again after Friday :-(

jernau
16-02-05, 14:08
LoL...Well KK nice plan there..unless you get PBC to upgrade accounts by tomorrow you have lost alot of people who are stuck either by not having a credit card or C2P simply refuses to serve them.

I swear to god which business school did KK/10atacle goto? Sure don't want to send my kids there.

Then again I didn't expect anything less from you KK...lol.
To be fair :
1) It won't be free for KK to keep resources allocated until people are ready to move over and those people aren't paying.
2) KK only ever promised to keep expired accounts for 3 months.
3) NC2 has been out about six months now. Considering the near-total wipe for the transfer any experienced player could easily have caught up with the transfered characters months ago if they had just started fresh. Most people that haven't upgraded yet probably never will.

I'd say that (in this case) they are making the right business decision and that they have put it off longer than they had to.

Four days notice however is terrible as inactive players probably only look in here every few weeks at best. There's no point going over the issues of KK's communication skills or failure to utilise email yet again as it's alll been said before many times.

@Seven - Well said. Do you still really think Player Shops can turn it around though?

Thanatos
16-02-05, 16:44
We are working on a system to transfer Neocron 1 characters to newly created Neocron 2 accounts. This will allow users, that have so far been unable to use the account upgrade option, to transfer their Neocron 1 characters once they have their Neocron 2 accounts sorted out. Until we can automate this system, the support department will attempt to manually transfer NC1 characters to NC2 accounts.

Danae
16-02-05, 18:01
I've already edited the main post - but just to make sure it is seen:

To make things go a little smoother please provide the following information when emailing us (account@neocron.com):

NC1 Account Name
NC2 Account Name

Please list the following information for each character you wish to transfer:

NC1 Character Name
NC1 Server Name
Choice 3 In case both the first and third are taken

*If you cannot prove you are the owner of the NC1 account you wish to tie to the NC2 account we will be unable to transfer the characters.

[TgR]KILLER
16-02-05, 20:45
NC1 Character Name
NC1 Server Name
Choice 3 In case both the first and third are taken ( second instead of third i gues ;) )

hmm how you "prove' that ? would a copy of the cd code on the back of the box to? don't think i at least would have proof in another way exept for knowing the password to the account. or you could e-mail the mail the account is regged on and find proof that way..

doesn't matter for me tho got my account to nc2 just asking for other people ;)

find it a good thing tho the only reason i saw this thing as a threat was because some people were not only waiting to be able to pay with pbc but always being able to upgrade with pbc.. now with this option that aint a point no more..

i would take a gues saying the automated system would work just like tieing your nc1 to your upgraded nc2 or to your forum account ? so you can just tie your nc1 to your new nc2 account or something ?

Odin
16-02-05, 21:41
KILLER']hmm how you "prove' that ? would a copy of the cd code on the back of the box to? don't think i at least would have proof in another way exept for knowing the password to the account. or you could e-mail the mail the account is regged on and find proof that way..

Very simple. Emails on both accounts 'must' match and that email account must be used to contact us.

Dribble Joy
16-02-05, 23:04
I am very very confused.....

If you cannot get the payment options to work..... you cannot get an NC2 account...
Without an NC2 account you cannot ask for your chars to be transferred...

So how is this different to the current transfer system that people can allready use from old NC1 to new NC2 accounts?

Odin
16-02-05, 23:18
I am very very confused.....

Yes you are confused.

The upgrade option is ending due to contracts. The upgrade option 'was' the only way to transfer your characters. Until the process is setup to allow regular made accounts to allow transfers from the NC1 database this option will be done manually. Ie: Those that couldn't do upgrades via C2P and couldn't because PBC doesn't do upgrades will be able to create a regular account and petition helpdesk to do a manual transfer until such time that the process is available via the launcher.

Morganth
17-02-05, 00:20
So if I read this correctly, all the people from Pluto would be able to merge their accounts using this new option, had they have not upgraded them to NC2?

eLcHi
17-02-05, 14:09
So if I read this correctly, all the people from Pluto would be able to merge their accounts using this new option, had they have not upgraded them to NC2?

Uh, i understood its

1x Neocron 1 Account to 1x Neocron 2 Account

and not

3x Neocron 1 Accounts to 1x Neocron 2 Account
(which would be an account merger)

Dribble Joy
18-02-05, 13:30
Yes you are confused.

The upgrade option is ending due to contracts. The upgrade option 'was' the only way to transfer your characters. Until the process is setup to allow regular made accounts to allow transfers from the NC1 database this option will be done manually. Ie: Those that couldn't do upgrades via C2P and couldn't because PBC doesn't do upgrades will be able to create a regular account and petition helpdesk to do a manual transfer until such time that the process is available via the launcher.
I was under the impression that you could transfer characters from fresh NC2 accounts from old NC1 ones, without upgrading.
I was presumably wrong.
I was sure that I did not actually upgrade my own account.

sultana
19-02-05, 06:30
About the dealine, is it a dealing for upgrading an nc1 account to an nc2 account through click2pay? So would that mean you can still transfer characters over to a nc2 account you made, you'll just need helpdesk to do it (danae's post). This is after the dealine. Or will it be, past friday you won't be able to transfer characters, period?

Nidhogg
19-02-05, 14:08
So would that mean you can still transfer characters over to a nc2 account you made, you'll just need helpdesk to do it (danae's post). This is after the dealine. Or will it be, past friday you won't be able to transfer characters, period?
You'll be able to transfer your characters for the foreseeable future.

N