PDA

View Full Version : omega drivers problem

Jesterthegreat
14-02-05, 16:18
ok... so i installed the omega drivers and im stuck in 4 bit colours, 640 x 480 res.

wont let me change it.

can i sort this or are the drivers completely useless?

landofcake
14-02-05, 16:20
ok... so i installed the omega drivers and im stuck in 4 bit colours, 640 x 480 res.

wont let me change it.

can i sort this or are the drivers completely useless?

If you're on an ATI card my advice is to stick with the official catalyst drivers. I had no end of trouble with the omega drivers, including bizzare artifacting and corruption on boot which i've never experienced before or since.

Stick with the catalysts, from what i've seen the omega drivers infact caused performance to fall.

on that note m8, whenver you install new drivers you should really be cleaning out ALL traces of the old ones, doing this i've succesfully gone from an ATI card to an Nvidia card without having to reformat ( :cool: ), send me a PM if you want more info.

Kopaka
14-02-05, 16:56
installed omega drivers. FPS is now 60/70 in combat, 120 in ca hq, 40/50 in op fight.

aka way better than before

RogerRamjet
14-02-05, 16:57
Yeh, they screwed up my ATI too. I used to get 300fps at Jerico but my PC couldnt handle it and would go berserk.

Nidhogg
14-02-05, 20:33
Thread moved.

N

Lexxuk
14-02-05, 21:05
Check your device manager to make sure your video card actually is the one it should be and not VGA Compatible. Reinstall your motherboard drivers, reinstall the VGA drivers, pray to the voodoo gods for rain

Ascension
15-02-05, 12:33
Also, make sure you disable "V-sync" else you get a rubber band effect after zoning ;)

sultana
15-02-05, 12:57
Also, make sure you disable "V-sync" else you get a rubber band effect after zoning ;)
Disable? I get the rubberband effect when I do disable it O_o

Ascension
15-02-05, 13:35
Disable? I get the rubberband effect when I do disable it O_o
oh, maybe its enable then? bleh! i cant remember :p try both :p

Seven
15-02-05, 14:31
I get rubberband man with it on or off, omega or Cat drivers. :confused:

sultana
15-02-05, 15:43
I've got a ti4800 with the detonator? whatever they are, drivers, I did have omega drivers till the patch where using dx9 (not sure if it was limited to omega drivers) on a dx 8 card caused you to constantly crash.

Anyway, v-sync enabled on my machine, means no rubberband effect.

landofcake
15-02-05, 16:22
I get rubberbanding with it off, but i can't bring myself to turn it on because of the horrible mouse lag it brings. Normally that's solved by turning down the value for 'frames rendered ahead' in the Nvidia control panel ... but not this time ...