PDA

View Full Version : So KK, what's next for us ?

Ultazha
14-02-05, 15:07
My post can look like flaming but please answer to the different question i ask. It will be difficult for you to find a more "fan" fanboy than me, trust me.

I can read on different threads that KK is currently working on its "international release".

First: you already did it you know ? Yes there are players OUSTIDE Germany that already play NC2... Of course we do not have CD box version or any manual, but we play this game too ;) so please call this "Asian release" or explain us what you hear in the "international release" words. Thanks.

Next, i can read that you're working on the item tracking system. Fine. Good luck to you. If i remember well the NC1-NC2 item wipe reason was... erm... ho yes: item tracking system. So we got a item wipe for a system that did not work and that you surely know that it did not work (test). Am i wrong ? Please explain too. Thanks.

Third: Theme Weeks, next patch, new items form Art Department...
When will you think you'll can give us all this stuff ?.. i do not want exact date, i'm not stupid enough for asking some, just estimated week or even month that you have on your paper. Thanks.

Finally can you give us a small priority set or a chronological plan on those different points:
- item tracking system
- "international release"
- Hacknet Theme week
- Phoenix NC release
- New buggy release
- Ceres items release
- Outfitter
- door access outside tg appartements :lol:

PLEASE give us concrete news.

Tazha, Neocron fanboy since 05.2003 :D

Ministry
14-02-05, 16:47
non germans are playing cos the download was avalible doesnt mean it has been released internationally

tho some news would be welcome.

Genty
14-02-05, 17:01
Releasing the boxed version with Atari internationally (ie: US and rest of Europe) gives the opertunity to people who have not heard of the game or are new to the genre a chance to experience without taking a gamble on a download that is over 1GB....also reaching way more people.

Dribble Joy
14-02-05, 17:21
Without advertising it's all pretty much useless.

KK could spend a few hundred dollars (or even less) and get an ad spot on Penny Arcade or any high traffic webcomic. Ctrl-Alt-Del, Megatokyo, reallifecomics for a week or more.
All have tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of unique hits a day.

Something that they should really consider.

Genty
14-02-05, 17:30
Something that they should really consider.

Not until the game is fixed...

Xylaz
14-02-05, 18:45
Not until the game is fixed...

which means "never"

Jesterthegreat
14-02-05, 19:00
fix the major show stopping bugs before releasing in us / uk

please god

Nidhogg
14-02-05, 20:11
My post can look like flaming but please answer to the different question i ask. It will be difficult for you to find a more "fan" fanboy than me, trust me.I'll do my best!

I can read on different threads that KK is currently working on its "international release".

First: you already did it you know ? Yes there are players OUSTIDE Germany that already play NC2... Of course we do not have CD box version or any manual, but we play this game too ;) so please call this "Asian release" or explain us what you hear in the "international release" words. Thanks.The upcoming release has nothing at all to do with the Asian release being undertaken by a separate 10tacle partner. It's to do with officially releasing a boxed edition into Europe. There will also be some changes to the newbie experience for this release as well as the aforementioned item tracking and one or two other changes.

Next, i can read that you're working on the item tracking system. Fine. Good luck to you. If i remember well the NC1-NC2 item wipe reason was... erm... ho yes: item tracking system. So we got a item wipe for a system that did not work and that you surely know that it did not work (test). Am i wrong ? Please explain too. Thanks.The wipe wasn't purely for item tracking. There were a number of reasons of which item tracking was a small one. Other reasons were because the item distribution method was changing pretty dramatically and we didn't want new customers to be at a disadvantage. There were also a few long standing item and money issues due to exploits that we wanted to tackle at that time.

Third: Theme Weeks, next patch, new items form Art Department...
When will you think you'll can give us all this stuff ?.. i do not want exact date, i'm not stupid enough for asking some, just estimated week or even month that you have on your paper. Thanks.All I can say is that normal service (whatever that might mean :p) will be resumed as soon as the international release settles down. As you've seen, the art department are already motoring ahead with new content to be unveiled in the coming weeks and months.

Finally can you give us a small priority set or a chronological plan on those different points:
- item tracking system
International release

- "international release"
No exact date but it's this quarter I believe.

- Hacknet Theme week
There are some bug fixes coming in the next patch (which is literally just one or two days away now).

- Phoenix NC release
If you're refering to the new HackNet mob then I believe this will be worked on after the international release.

- New buggy release
You actually want one of these? Well, we aim to please. ;)

- Ceres items release
No date for this yet.

- Outfitter
This was virtually complete but there were some issues with it on the DX7 engine that need to be resolved.

- door access outside tg appartements :lol:
Don't know what this one's about, sorry.

PLEASE give us concrete news.
http://www.lmcc.com/news/concretenews-fall2001.asp ;)

N

Seven
14-02-05, 20:23
OK, Nid is my new hero. :eek:

Zheo
14-02-05, 20:39
There are some bug fixes coming in the next patch (which is literally just one or two days away now).
N

Does this include all the bugs listed on my thread keeping in mind the fact that yesterday night i just went to be i got tired of re-logging and almost dying while falling seriously something curropted your end im 90% sure of that. Would be nice if Helpdesk would reply even with just a "we're working on it." as it stands i was left with "please re-install".

RogerRamjet
14-02-05, 20:42
One or two days, ive splooged.

Nidhogg
14-02-05, 20:53
Does this include all the bugs listed on my thread keeping in mind the fact that yesterday night i just went to be i got tired of re-logging and almost dying while falling seriously something curropted your end im 90% sure of that. Would be nice if Helpdesk would reply even with just a "we're working on it." as it stands i was left with "please re-install".
Bearing in mind that this isn't a fantasy game? PM me your ticket number and I'll find out why you've not received an answer.

N

Ultazha
14-02-05, 20:59
a BIG Thanks ;)

EDIT: there is a bug on the Canyon appartement, the access button does not exist outside the appartement, only inside.

jerrymaguire
14-02-05, 22:26
LOL:lol: :lol: :lol: concrete news (http://www.lmcc.com/news/concretenews-fall2001.asp) :lol: :lol: :lol:LOL

Brammers
14-02-05, 23:41
For one second I Niidy though you had managed to Zerg (Slashdot) one of my hosting servers with the concrete news link.

Good to hear the patch will be (Hopefully) a few days, just before I go down to Cornwall.

And please give me one of those Buggies.

Dribble Joy
15-02-05, 00:33
just before I go down to Cornwall.

I allways thought you were a yank....

Tratos
15-02-05, 01:31
I allways thought you were a yank.... his location pretty much solves that one :p much win Niddy, one or two days perhaps meaning thursday patchday like the good old days?

Selendor
15-02-05, 12:44
Hmm, so apart from some minor bug fixes and exploit hammering, there will be no new content or features until after the international release, which may or may not be in the 1st quarter (consider KK's past performance on keeping to 'quarters'... o_O )

But regardless, am I right that you are saying nothing much will change until after April? Thats half a year since the last major patch! Sad news for the future of Neocron if I'm reading this right. :(

And what about the regular corruption now occuring on Terra? Whats going to be done about this underlying problem?

Siygess
15-02-05, 13:23
I allways thought you were a yank....

An easy mistake-a to make-a.. and you haven't seen his shorts! O_o
Californians from the 1980's want them back!

As for the patch news.. eh, it manages to be both reassuring and disheartening at the same time (so no change in the leave-o-meter).

Seven
15-02-05, 14:25
An easy mistake-a to make-a.. and you haven't seen his shorts! O_o
Californians from the 1980's want them back!

AH.. what a way to start my day with coffee coming out my nose.

...still laughing at that one! :lol:

Social-Zero
15-02-05, 14:29
Please don't let people get their hopes up. In the next few months there will be nothing release that is worth getting excited over.